Exploring WvW Vistas & Points of Interest!

in WvW

Posted by: Christopher.8049

Christopher.8049

It’s pretty ridiculous trying to explore the WvW areas of the game but as it has to be done for 100% completion, Does anyone have any tips/tricks to help a fellow explorer…

Signature removed by popular demand…….

in WvW

Posted by: Contiguous.1345

Contiguous.1345

You talk as if it’s hard. There isn’t a single difficult vista or hidden poi. Most of the skill points are ‘walk up and pose thoughtfully’ ones.

All you have to do is follow the blue Dorito and collect your XP, karma, badges and loot. If you happen to be passing a vista, you can climb it. If it’s a skill point, assume the position. The pois happen anyway.

in WvW

Posted by: Terrahero.9358

Terrahero.9358

I dont get these complaints either. Your server also gets random colours each week, so those hard to reach spawn keeps from this week are yours by default next week.

in WvW

Posted by: Furesy.6935

Furesy.6935

The greatest tip is patience

As Terrahero already said, your World is bound to change color at some moment in time, then the really hard to get to points suddenly became the easiest ones ^^

I’ve gotten 3 chars with 100% World Completion and I’m working on my 4th, patience is all it takes =)

in WvW

Christopher.8049

I dont get these complaints either. Your server also gets random colours each week, so those hard to reach spawn keeps from this week are yours by default next week.

I am not really a PvP /WvW player and I did not know that the map/server changed at all So thank you for that, I may just have to be patient if I can not get them in the meantime.

As for the other stuff, It’s difficult for some like myself to get in game at a reasonable hour with a good team and yes Vista’s and Points of Interest are all easy to reach when you have a good team that can capture points on the map and control them but when the opposing team is in control and they is nobody around, Exploring and capturing those areas is just not possible!

I will keep trying though

(edited by Christopher.8049)

in WvW

Posted by: Handin.4032

Handin.4032

It should take at the very most 3 weeks to get all Vista and POI in WvW now. Just find a blue dorito and follow it for a while..you might even start to like WvW

TC Golden Dolyak – [DOLY]
Mesmer – FURY
Rank 55 – Bunker Engi, Top 300

in WvW

Posted by: SteepledHat.1345

SteepledHat.1345

Map position isn’t random, unless they’ve changed it. It varies based off the prior week’s performance.

“Failure to remain calm is the sign of a weak mind.”

in WvW

Posted by: Handin.4032

Handin.4032

Map position isn’t random, unless they’ve changed it. It varies based off the prior week’s performance.

The map colors are “random” in the sense of the random match ups. While it is possible to get 3 o the same color, if you’re in one of the middle tiers, you’re very likely to swap around the colors a lot.

TC Golden Dolyak – [DOLY]
Mesmer – FURY
Rank 55 – Bunker Engi, Top 300

in WvW

Christopher.8049

It should take at the very most 3 weeks to get all Vista and POI in WvW now. Just find a blue dorito and follow it for a while..you might even start to like WvW

To be honest I’ve been in WvW for 4 days now trying to get all the last points and I love it! Hate the exploration bit but a decent team (When available) and Zerg upon Zerg is also fun too :p

I am only bitter that it’s a pain the PvE and WvW world are combined for the exploration title/achievement! when in reality it should be a PvE thing in my opinion.

in WvW

Posted by: Feed Me Change.6528

Feed Me Change.6528

To be honest I’ve been in WvW for 4 days now trying to get all the last points and I love it! Hate the exploration bit but a decent team (When available) and Zerg upon Zerg is also fun too :p

I am only bitter that it’s a pain the PvE and WvW world are combined for the exploration title/achievement! when in reality it should be a PvE thing in my opinion.

Most of us are pure WvW’ers, we are all in the same boat. Why do I have to do Hearts when I just want to kill people? WvW is 2% of the 100%, I think WvW’ers have a bigger issue to complain about.

NSP>ET>SoS>BG>ET>SoS>JQ>SoS>Mag>JQ
My fun laughs at your server pride.

in WvW

Posted by: Jamais vu.5284

Jamais vu.5284

And if it were purely PVE you wouldn’t have set foot in WvW in a million years.
So maybe the reason for WvW POIs et al becomes clear?

in WvW

Posted by: Shadow Espada.9183

Shadow Espada.9183

MAn, I h8 how they have to put POIs inside a tower or keep. Been waiting for the zerg to capture this one POI for 2 weeks now. 40+ hours played trying…Its all I need for my completion. Running out of hair to pull loooool.