"Fair" WvW

"Fair" WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Hell Hex.7039

Hell Hex.7039

Q:

i was wondering whene they will fix WvW. beacuse so many people transfered to SeaFarer Rest(server) that in mist for exemple they just camp near other team base ,or they just move directly to the swords(war location) on the map.. they dont even botter to capture ..
this is not fair pvp . not even close to fair pvp..
Fewer and fewer people play on other server , or they just leave WvW to Sfr.. beacuse always there is like 2v1.

(edited by Hell Hex.7039)

"Fair" WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Reigne Irkalla.4768

Reigne Irkalla.4768

One of the ways this could be fixed is to have a sliding scale for the cost of a server transfer – and instead of it being based on population, to base it on how well that server performs in WvW.

Reigne – Idyn – Ereskigal (IRKALLA) Rex – Giddim – Gilgamesh (NERGAL)
The Eternal Mist [THEM] We are currently recruiting!
Must love dungeons and have a sense of humor – pm me for more info :D

"Fair" WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Dasenthal.6520

Dasenthal.6520

Unfortunately anet’s stance has always been wvw isn’t meant to be fair its meant to be war like.

“A conquered people will always resist you,
Edair. But allies-allies will fight by your side”~Cobiah Mariner

"Fair" WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Alchymista.8192

Alchymista.8192

if u dont want pvp.. what r u doing in wvw? u r the reason why your server is so bad

Seafarer Never Rest

"Fair" WvW

in WvW

Posted by: SleepingDragon.1596

SleepingDragon.1596

Unfortunately anet’s stance has always been wvw isn’t meant to be fair its meant to be war like.

And in Anet’s mindset, war like is who can bring out the biggest blobs and pound 1 fastest… How many people knows the truth that it doesn’t take skills to be good in WvW. It’s the numbers game. You bring 1, I bring 10, you bring 2 and I’ll bring 20. I’m sure my 20 will kill your 2 after 18 of them falls.

-S o S-

"Fair" WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Berk.8561

Berk.8561

How many people knows the truth that it doesn’t take skills to be good in WvW. It’s the numbers game. You bring 1, I bring 10, you bring 2 and I’ll bring 20. I’m sure my 20 will kill your 2 after 18 of them falls.

While numbers always matter to some degree, skill really becomes less important as the numbers increase because of the AoE attack cap and overlapping AoE boons. At smaller numbers, you actually have to get out of the red circles and move around a bit on your own to avoid dying. At higher numbers, you just stick to the center of the blob.

Kerzic [CoI] – Ranger – Eredon Terrace

"Fair" WvW

in WvW

Posted by: kins.3294

kins.3294

And in Anet’s mindset, war like is who can bring out the biggest blobs and pound 1 fastest… How many people knows the truth that it doesn’t take skills to be good in WvW. It’s the numbers game. You bring 1, I bring 10, you bring 2 and I’ll bring 20. I’m sure my 20 will kill your 2 after 18 of them falls.

Right…. You do know there were guilds like RG who took on double their numbers and won right?

"Fair" WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Dayra.7405

Dayra.7405

EotM should just have a team assignment independent of server.
Smallest team should get the next joiner. And especially in late evening to empty instances sgould be merged.

Ceterum censeo SFR esse delendam!

"Fair" WvW

in WvW

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

The dev’s could help with fairness by posting graphs of each servers active WvW participation and queues if they have them for the season. They posted queue sizes 2 years ago and have never done so since. At least then players and Guilds alike would be more informed before choosing if and where they’d want to transfer to. Can’t create balance when most of the information floating around is kitten.

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

"Fair" WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Jareth.9065

Jareth.9065

"Fair" WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Tao.5096

Tao.5096

I got a pretty simple solution for myself.

I’m switching Home Worlds to lower tier to not ever be with SFR in WvW matchups.

1 800 gems ain’t a big deal, even if I exchange gold → gems.

I’m utterly bored of their 24/7 full time blobs on every single map.

Did I ever tell you, the definition, of Insanity?

"Fair" WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Hell Hex.7039

Hell Hex.7039

they should never allow server change in first place, especialy if this was sure to happen in wvw

"Fair" WvW

in WvW

Posted by: bestplayerEva.9301

bestplayerEva.9301

Anet sucks………that’s why. Poor design. I am a genius extraordinaire so I know.

"Fair" WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Dasenthal.6520

Dasenthal.6520

Right…. You do know there were guilds like RG who took on double their numbers and won right?

Zerg busting is a beautiful thing, it really is. However it is something most people struggle with (by definition if every zerg could zerg bust then we’d be in a paradox of awesome fights)

“A conquered people will always resist you,
Edair. But allies-allies will fight by your side”~Cobiah Mariner

"Fair" WvW

in WvW

Posted by: SleepingDragon.1596

SleepingDragon.1596

Yes, but that’s not a matter of doubling the numbers. RG can take on triple their numbers. But the comparisons are in excess of that. Even if your 2 can kill 18, the remaining 2 left with their fast pounding 1 will more than likely end up winning….

-S o S-

"Fair" WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Berk.8561

Berk.8561

Zerg busting is a beautiful thing, it really is. However it is something most people struggle with (by definition if every zerg could zerg bust then we’d be in a paradox of awesome fights)

Or really lame ones that revert back to numbers being the only thing that decides the winner.

Kerzic [CoI] – Ranger – Eredon Terrace