False Camp attack indicators

in WvW

Posted by: keenedge.9675

keenedge.9675

I’ve been noticing the camps on the south end of Alpine frequently have FALSE attack indicators. Haven’t watched in Desert yet.

People have said ambients, but I stood at the S center camp for about 10 minutes. There were no ambients, camp staff didn’t move and there were no attackers.

Please look into this, it is relatively new behavior . . maybe 2 weeks.

“John Spartan, you are fined one credit for a violation of the verbal morality statute”

in WvW

Posted by: Jayne.9251

Jayne.9251

Swords will trigger if you kill the upgrade guy. It’s a great tool for scouts to divert attention.

L’enfer, c’est les autres

in WvW

Posted by: Offair.2563

Offair.2563

Guess you encountered an ancient bug where camps just went on auto contest.

Big Babou, Ranger for life.
Madness Rises [Rise] – Banners Hold.
Don’t argue with idiots, they pull you down their level and own you with experience.

in WvW

Posted by: Korgov.7645

Korgov.7645

The camp is haunted by restless guaggan spirits. Offer pearls appease them. :P

Sulkshine – Mesmer
This won’t hurt [Much]
Ring of Fire

in WvW

Posted by: SpellOfIniquity.1780

SpellOfIniquity.1780

Also Speldan in EBG does not get contested at all. Has been like this quite some time now.

Necromancer, Ranger, Warrior, Engineer
Champion: Phantom, Hunter, Legionnaire, Genius
WvW rank: Diamond Colonel | Maguuma

in WvW

Posted by: Balthazzarr.1349

Balthazzarr.1349

Swords will trigger if you kill the upgrade guy. It’s a great tool for scouts to divert attention.

Swords will appear if you just hit any of the guards then leave.

… just call me … Tim :)

in WvW

Posted by: Jeknar.6184

Jeknar.6184

I belive he meant if you just leave the NPC dead it will keep recontesting. But honestly, why would anyone bother to just tap a camp when you can pretty much flip it before swords even come up?

Kawagima / Kelvena Riverstream / Calamis Fatima / Hanna Flintlocke
WvW Rank 3800 (Platinum Veteran) – PvP Rank 69 (Shark) – 25,9k Achievment Points
Mërcenaries [Sold] – Ferguson’s Crossing

in WvW

Balthazzarr.1349

I belive he meant if you just leave the NPC dead it will keep recontesting. But honestly, why would anyone bother to just tap a camp when you can pretty much flip it before swords even come up?

so they can draw people there while they port and go to another spot…

in WvW

Posted by: Jeknar.6184

Jeknar.6184

Oh so it’s a PPT tactic for avoiding fights. No wonder I never thought about it.

Kawagima / Kelvena Riverstream / Calamis Fatima / Hanna Flintlocke
WvW Rank 3800 (Platinum Veteran) – PvP Rank 69 (Shark) – 25,9k Achievment Points
Mërcenaries [Sold] – Ferguson’s Crossing

in WvW

Balthazzarr.1349

Oh so it’s a PPT tactic for avoiding fights. No wonder I never thought about it.

lol, I guess so… I never thought of it that way… but when I’m roaming/havoc it’s one of the things I do to try to distract while the other part of my small team is set to power down a tower wall. I personally DO NOT CARE about PPT or the score period. Since linking I stopped caring about that altogether.

I simply now try to see what kind of things I can get away with before I get zerged to death. It’s the only way I can appear to have some fun in WvW since I totally dislike being a zerg drone and the small to med size servers where roaming and sneaky tactics used to produce some fun results, don’t exist anymore. I can still get away with some stuff, just nowhere near as much as before…

in WvW

Posted by: Jayne.9251

Jayne.9251

She. But yes.

L’enfer, c’est les autres