Far Shiverpeaks v Piken v Kodash (23/11)

in WvW

Posted by: Lonny.9873

Lonny.9873

Had lots of fun fighting against INS.
/wave @ old Vabbi mates

X Requiem X – [REQ]
Sela Nox – Mesmer
Medania – Thief

in WvW

Posted by: Minfast.5489

Minfast.5489

Kodash is nothing if not adaptable. Where some great fights. Still I have a question for FS.
Why do you guys tend to attack the the tower directly in front of our/Kodash spawn pointon BL when kodash owns it already instead of working on our own tower in front of your spawn point? I have now repeatingly seen this on piken BL where FS came to attack our tower (while owning nothing else besides maybe a camp), once even building a trebuchet. Kodash has developed a certain attachement to such towers and ofc it causes most of the respawn of ours to go defend there, forcing a whipe on you guys. And even more, it causes attention to wander from attacking piken to you guys when you are already on the low side. It this not very frustating?

The force we had on Piken BL in this case was one commander leading a mainly pug zerg which was still smaller than the Piken defending zerg and similar to Kodash’s. Your keep wasn’t the only thing we tried yesterday evening. If it wasn’t for the fact that it seems almost half our zerg don’t seem to carry supply or want to use it, we would have succeeded. On our second wipe in your Lord’s Room we were battering the reinforced gate with 2 rams. There were 2 unfinished rams despite us numbering 20+. If they had been completed we would have taken the keep. Instead you guys were given the chance to amass a defence in time. This is the frustrating thing for the few commanders remaining on our server. Random people make up most of our zergs these days and some of them simply prefer to shoot at walls and npc’s than carry siege/supply. That’s what the few remaining commanders on our server have to deal with.

We tried a number of times to take the tower near our spawn. On one occasion we got quite a lot of siege up and were catapulting the walls. As we were trying to hold you off from wiping our siege the large Piken zerg appeared and wiped us completely. They then hung around enough to force Kodash back into the tower then left…despite your wall being down to about 20% they didn’t try to take it. If they weren’t there to take the tower or defend anything they owned then why did they appear. Almost got the impression they were there to defend Kodash’s tower :p

Minfast – Thief / Rulken Charon – Guardian / Yalkara Moonshade – Ele
Far Shiverpeaks – representing [eXo] [tbp] [NW]

in WvW

Posted by: Chopps.8562

Chopps.8562

We tried a number of times to take the tower near our spawn. On one occasion we got quite a lot of siege up and were catapulting the walls. As we were trying to hold you off from wiping our siege the large Piken zerg appeared and wiped us completely. They then hung around enough to force Kodash back into the tower then left…despite your wall being down to about 20% they didn’t try to take it. If they weren’t there to take the tower or defend anything they owned then why did they appear. Almost got the impression they were there to defend Kodash’s tower :p

We went there because there was a big fight going on and we wanted to kill people, also 3-way is quite fun Didn’t care about taking that tower at that point.

Tainted [TNTD] – Piken Square [EU]

in WvW

Posted by: Wicked.5479

Wicked.5479

Kodash is nothing if not adaptable. Where some great fights. Still I have a question for FS.
Why do you guys tend to attack the the tower directly in front of our/Kodash spawn pointon BL when kodash owns it already instead of working on our own tower in front of your spawn point? I have now repeatingly seen this on piken BL where FS came to attack our tower (while owning nothing else besides maybe a camp), once even building a trebuchet. Kodash has developed a certain attachement to such towers and ofc it causes most of the respawn of ours to go defend there, forcing a whipe on you guys. And even more, it causes attention to wander from attacking piken to you guys when you are already on the low side. It this not very frustating?

didnt matter where we would try to attack, we couldnt walk 10 meters without being scouted by either of you, and as someone said, taking our own tower was the hardest of all, since both piken and kodash zerg were just swarming around it. in the end taking woodhaven was easier.

Kengo Miyazawa ~ norn warrior
Commander of Far Shiverpeaks
Leader of Bubblegum Dragons [GUM]

(edited by Wicked.5479)

in WvW

Posted by: Aanthanur.5978

Aanthanur.5978

Nice Sneak on Shadaran on the Kodash BL last night.
So you see we have to keep an eye on you guys and keep scouting as much we can

Aaron Aanthanur – Thief
Ariel Aanthanur – Ele
Kodash

in WvW

Posted by: Denis.9286

Denis.9286

Very nice battles with Piken Square this week on Kodash Borderlands.
You have awesome guilds , the best guilds i`ve ever met in gw2 .
It was really hard to fight against you and you destroyed a lot of castles with waypoints of us

The big problem of Piken Square is that they dont have a real big night crew.
Far Shiverpeaks were hard enemys few weeks ago but now it seems that most of WvW active players left to other servers. Thats really bad because I like FS very much – you are very nice anf fair players.

Hope to face Piken and FS again in a few weeks , greets von Kodash and greets von [KoA]

Praetorians [KoA]

R.I.P Kodash Allianz

in WvW

Posted by: Aralon.7501

Aralon.7501

Nice fighting against the [CS] guild from Piken, we defended Woodhaven against 25+ from the CS guild. We were only with 10.
Thanks!

Aralon Mors – Norn Hybrid Necro
Aralon Scutum – Charr Healing Guardian
Far Shiverpeaks! – Guild of Tweakers [GoT]

in WvW

Posted by: Zwapan.3854

Zwapan.3854

Short story for FS.

Once upon a time, there was an EB on the Piken Square server. It had no leaders and no guilds on it. Just randoms that gathered in small group scattered across the map. Amongst those randoms, there was a scout. He would tell of enemy movements, say how many there were, directing ppl there to defend.
People started recognizing this scout, and started to listen to the scout. He was there every day, just telling numbers and directing people.
Then the scout got a guildinvite from a new WvW guild, and got promoted to officer.
The newfound officer started directing bigger things, such as attacks on towers. And people still followed him. He earned their respect by making good decisions and in return they followed him to the end of the map and back if he so desired.
Unfortunately, the guild didnt last long, cause of an inactive leader, so the fresh officer decided to start his own guild, and unite all the randoms in the EB, under a single banner.

That scout was me, and i am now leader of Goodgame [GG], the guild that is pretty much Solo running the EB for Piken Square. Quite succesfully i might add, holding our third is quite a challenge since we have to spread out across the map, but I am proud of all of my members.

Just an inspiring short story for all the FS out there, i hope you guys get your act back together.

The Obsydian (Obsy)
Goodgame [GG] leader
Piken Square

in WvW

Posted by: Wompage.4586

Wompage.4586

I’d like to personally thank the Kodash trebbers in SM that allowed [GG] (and some pugs <3) to take and then dump durios every point tick for over an hour without ever putting up siege.
I’d also like to take the time to thank the FS that took it back each time, and then left 5 minutes before point tick.

Eventually it seemed Kodash got pissed enough to send in its zerg, I guess after all that they deserve to take durios for once

Soulorai – http://www.youtube.com/soulorai
[Scnd][RG][TUP]

in WvW

Posted by: Snoxx.7943

Snoxx.7943

I’d like to personally thank the Kodash trebbers in SM that allowed [GG] (and some pugs <3) to take and then dump durios every point tick for over an hour without ever putting up siege.
I’d also like to take the time to thank the FS that took it back each time, and then left 5 minutes before point tick.

Eventually it seemed Kodash got pissed enough to send in its zerg, I guess after all that they deserve to take durios for once

Hehe, yeah that was funny, even seen from a Kodash trebbers view (I was one of them^^).

Too bad our mindless zerg was banging their heads against Anzalia instead. They were literally trying to raid the upgraded and heavily defended Anzalia tower with bare fists, while there was Durios AND Quentin with walls down due to permanent trebuchet shooting. Hopeless.

We had no real commander on the map and no well-organized small guild groups, thus you guys had an easy time there. Excellent timing btw, well done.

To be honest, we had no chance to actually hold Durios/Quentin, but thanks to the trebs we could stop our enemies from upgrading and building counter-trebs there (most of the time at least).

(edited by Snoxx.7943)

in WvW

Posted by: maloki.3527

maloki.3527

Short story for FS.

Once upon a time, there was an EB on the Piken Square server. It had no leaders and no guilds on it. Just randoms that gathered in small group scattered across the map. Amongst those randoms, there was a scout. He would tell of enemy movements, say how many there were, directing ppl there to defend.
People started recognizing this scout, and started to listen to the scout. He was there every day, just telling numbers and directing people.
Then the scout got a guildinvite from a new WvW guild, and got promoted to officer.
The newfound officer started directing bigger things, such as attacks on towers. And people still followed him. He earned their respect by making good decisions and in return they followed him to the end of the map and back if he so desired.
Unfortunately, the guild didnt last long, cause of an inactive leader, so the fresh officer decided to start his own guild, and unite all the randoms in the EB, under a single banner.

That scout was me, and i am now leader of Goodgame [GG], the guild that is pretty much Solo running the EB for Piken Square. Quite succesfully i might add, holding our third is quite a challenge since we have to spread out across the map, but I am proud of all of my members.

Just an inspiring short story for all the FS out there, i hope you guys get your act back together.

I like your story. Very similar to mine. Tho I had a guild where no one was active in WvW. :P
Our issue is not as much this (well some of it is) as many of the organized guilds we had leaving… And just totally demoralizing people.

However those who are still here fighting tooth and nail day in and day out, we are having fun (some of us) and reorganizing. You’ll see, you’ll see.

Maloki – Asura Necro/Sylvari Ele –
@Farshiverpeaks
You’re dumb. You’ll die, and you’ll leave a dumb corpse

in WvW

Posted by: Dranul.2094

Dranul.2094

Alas we shall be losing Kodash for a week atleast. Some interesting fights and developments, a shame that you have a strong night cap and our small one couldn’t keep up, as valiant as they tried.

As Guild leader of [TUP] of Piken, I hope to see you guys in the near future.

As for the post about piken running in 50man blobs all the time – joke post is joke.

Good luck to both Kodash and FSP in your next matchups.

Dranul – Guild Leader – The Unlikely Plan [TUP]
Aurora Glade EU
http://theunlikelyplangw2.guildlaunch.com

in WvW

Posted by: Catastrophin.3928

Catastrophin.3928

Was a good week. On Prime Time you guys on Piken are really strong, and we on Kodash had a lot to learn. Our main problem is that we have a lot of small guilds but not that many big ones, so its nearly impossible to beat you if you walk around with 3-4 big, well organised guild groups.
But it might be not to bad for Piken to stay in a lower bracket, because your night shift is just so bad that even kodash has a better one. And we have no chance against the night shift of the servers only one bracket higher.

in WvW

Posted by: Kimbald.2697

Kimbald.2697

What makes fighting on Piken such a challenging blast of fun, is that we start the day with having next to nothing. Yesterday we didn’t even have our own keep (Overlook) to start the afternoon.

We than gradually start fighting back, officers arrive, things get organised.

As the evening progresses we take more than our share, and manage to push on differenet fronts and in many different strategies.

Deep in the night, we start losing it again, only to see another dawn of challenges and mountains to overcome…

I didn’t even expect this game to offer me so much challenging fun anymore.
Entering EB, and later on joining GG put the fight back into GW2 for me.

Wiggely, wobbely and other wombaty wabbity creatures…

in WvW

Posted by: Katiechops.6807

Katiechops.6807

Had some pretty epic Inner Keep fights last night on FSP Borderlands and was after omg I wish I had fraps’d those, turns out a member had.

We had so many hard Inner Keep fights this week defending and attacking I thought I’d throw it up here.

First is vs FSP at the garrison, 10 minute Boss room fight was as brutal as it gets.

http://youtu.be/L5P2I1zv_NM

Bay, catch Kodash breaking the inner gate and jump them and force ourway into the bay inner keep and run off andlet Kodash and FSP duke it out and once they had worn eachother down a bit we jumped the lot and stole the keep, shameless, but hey we had outmanned buff! so all is fair in love and war!

http://youtu.be/ghLFW5Hpktk

Great fights ppl and what seiges should be all about <3

www.booncontrol.com

in WvW

Posted by: Wamgor.9347

Wamgor.9347

Catastrophin Our night time isnt “bad” just you have alot more numbers constantly because your a high pop server with nightcappers vs a med pop, and the servers above you have even more… if our night time is so bad explain why ive seen kodash’s night time get wiped over and over by lesser numbers never the other way around… weird eh? explain why kodash’s night time would hide in towers when they met any organised resistance who they still outmanned 2:1 minimum?

The difference is just numbers… look what happens during primetime when we have equal numbers… Your the first real organised server we have come across, although you could of scored alot more points if you focussed FSP more as ive barely seen them in PL BL + KD BL all week… Despite your numbers advantage and in turn upgrades + siege we give you a good fight…

only really noticed two guilds KOA + RUSH… Kodash without koa would crumble, Koa Decent organised big guild that seemed to be everywhere and the spearhead of anything kodash did.

Kodash its nice to see a server play the game for the realm, you and your supply camps lol.

FSP… your lucky that kodash allowed you to get as many points as you did by trying to pin the med pop server in their homelands good luck in your next match up guys was fun

Raid Leader/Officer
The Unlikely Plan (TUP)
Ex Piken Square (EU)

in WvW

Posted by: Aralon.7501

Aralon.7501

Had some pretty epic Inner Keep fights last night on FSP Borderlands and was after omg I wish I had fraps’d those, turns out a member had.

We had so many hard Inner Keep fights this week defending and attacking I thought I’d throw it up here.

First is vs FSP at the garrison, 10 minute Boss room fight was as brutal as it gets.

Bay, catch Kodash breaking the inner gate and jump them and force ourway into the bay inner keep and run off andlet Kodash and FSP duke it out and once they had worn eachother down a bit we jumped the lot and stole the keep, shameless, but hey we had outmanned buff! so all is fair in love and war!

Good vid, you guys from BOON wiped us completely at FSP Border. I’m the necro that is lying downed at the wall (right) at 00:50.
Fun fights.

Aralon Mors – Norn Hybrid Necro
Aralon Scutum – Charr Healing Guardian
Far Shiverpeaks! – Guild of Tweakers [GoT]

in WvW

Posted by: insanesu.3965

insanesu.3965

necro with 30k hp i have 18k =) only critical damage, only hardcore

Jolly Insane | Insane Empire [INS] | www.insaneempire.com
Piken Square (unofficial roletrollplay server)

in WvW

Posted by: SabreWalrus.8647

SabreWalrus.8647

Short story for FS.

He missed out the best bit in this story. The bit where he scored a girl!

Zacharus, Warrior.
Second Law.

in WvW

Posted by: Kimbald.2697

Kimbald.2697

Short story for FS.

He missed out the best bit in this story. The bit where he scored a girl!

There’s this movie Don Juan De Marco, where Johnny Depp tells the story of how his mother and father got together.
In his fathers version it was in a duel under the burning sun, in his mothers version it was in a dance under the moonlight…

For some reason your comment reminds me of that movie

Wiggely, wobbely and other wombaty wabbity creatures…

in WvW

Posted by: Zwapan.3854

Zwapan.3854

In my defense, I was telling the story of The Obsydian and he didnt get a girl.
He got a dude, cause said girl likes looking at male butts.

but yeah, I guess I got lucky with her ^^
<3 you

The Obsydian (Obsy)
Goodgame [GG] leader
Piken Square

in WvW

Posted by: aidanlatham.9631

aidanlatham.9631

Well the Kodash boys were a bit of an eye opener! feeling the New Tier, but some good fights, and great battles!

my first attempt at recording some of the action

Im sure we’ll meet again Kodash!

Voodoo

Voodoo – 80 Warrior – Piken Square
Acme

in WvW

Posted by: maloki.3527

maloki.3527

I’m an internet celebrity now!!
I’m the tiny asura on the arrow-cart that totally goes “OH kitten” when I see you coming over the ledge from the barracks ad 2.30! (first video) I loved that fight against you, and I found hte video very inspirational. I mean in a fight like that it hardly matters who won or lost in the end, it’s just pure epicness and sneakyness and trying new things and keeping the circle safe.

I hope to go up against Boon again when our server bounces back from the fall we’re currently experiencing. Good luck!

Maloki – Asura Necro/Sylvari Ele –
@Farshiverpeaks
You’re dumb. You’ll die, and you’ll leave a dumb corpse

in WvW

Posted by: Katiechops.6807

Katiechops.6807

Yeah that was a truely epic fight, had quite a few now, win some cheer, lose some, and omfg, lets try that again!

In fights like that and sieges like that no one loses its all great fun o/

www.booncontrol.com