Posted by: Dark Entity.9758

Dark Entity.9758

Some ppl asked for this clip so why not post it here
Enjoy

Farshiverpeaks WvW Suicide mission

in WvW

Posted by: TheGreatA.4192

TheGreatA.4192

I was on my warri on the wall watching as it happened. Nice to see from enemy PoV.

Against the current version of AC’s and some defenders those gates are just too much of a chokepoint to go through. Nowadays you just can’t expect to take a defended keep with one or two tries, it has to be constant pressure even if you suffer a few wipes.

TUP did a great job defending, I was just along for the ride trying to look for fights, but the action was a little too numbers heavy to do anything but zerg. Respect to both sides for fighting it out instead of WP’ing and picking an empty keep somewhere.

Metsän Suojelija (guard)/Puun Halaaja (engi)/Pieni Musta Rotta (warrior)/Viher Rauha (necro)

(edited by TheGreatA.4192)

in WvW

Posted by: DeadlySynz.3471

DeadlySynz.3471

I was for AC’s before but seeing this video proves why they can’t exist in their current form.

This was so bad, it was kinda funny to watch actually lol

in WvW

Posted by: Florgknight.1589

Florgknight.1589

You probably should’ve dodge rolled through those.

in WvW

Posted by: quenoz.3859

quenoz.3859

funny to see that from your perspective and thanks for the bags :p

The Unlikely Plan [TUP] Raid Leader

in WvW

Posted by: Arganthium.5638

Arganthium.5638

Wayyyy too much firepower. AC AoE is too large, and there were so many ACs and focus fire that there was simply no way that just dodging would have saved ’em.

Now, what really would have been cool would have been to see some people block AC’s/other projectiles with projectile blockers… /sighs those were the days.

Thief|Mesmer|
Theorycrafter

in WvW

Posted by: salluks.6017

salluks.6017

Anet still thinks AC’s are not op apparently.

in WvW

Arganthium.5638

Anet still thinks AC’s are not op apparently.

I would actually be completely fine with AC’s/other projectile-firing stuff if we could actually use stuff like Shield of Absorption/Smokescreen/etc to at least dampen if not negate their effects.

Thief|Mesmer|
Theorycrafter

in WvW

Posted by: DeadlySynz.3471

DeadlySynz.3471

make the AC’s cost 1 supply to use for each shot. Supply taken off the person that’s using them (not from the tower/keep) etc..

They can’t bunker down forever; inevitably they’ll need to come out for re-supply if they wish to hide behind AC’s. Then it’s a perfect opportunity to sneak in and take over, or just wipe them as they come out.

This would solve a lot of the AC’s problems currently. They can justify having to use supply to build siege, so how can they not justify using supply for ammo as well?

in WvW

Arganthium.5638

make the AC’s cost 1 supply to use for each shot. Supply taken off the person that’s using them (not from the tower/keep) etc..

They can’t bunker down forever; inevitably they’ll need to come out for re-supply if they wish to hide behind AC’s. Then it’s a perfect opportunity to sneak in and take over, or just wipe them as they come out.

This would solve a lot of the AC’s problems currently. They can justify having to use supply to build siege, so how can they not justify using supply for ammo as well?

This would actually be an interesting idea in that it makes supply more valuable in the game. As it stands right now, once you’ve used your siege blueprints and supply, you don’t need to use any supply any more. With this, you could potentially run out of resources, in a more realistic sort of battle.

However, the supply can’t come from the castle/keep/etc because that would give griefers an opportunity to waste supply. Since this would be fairly costly after a while to the individual, there has to be some kind of other way to implement this idea that prevents griefing but still makes siege usable by the individual. Perhaps have a limited number of “charges” on a siege weapon, like there are on ele conjured weapons? Would still allow for griefing, though, I suppose.

Thief|Mesmer|
Theorycrafter

in WvW

Posted by: gagi.4012

gagi.4012

its wooden bay without supply and u charge in 10 arrow carts aoe… there is no AC problem on this video its ur playing problem… treb from cliff can destroy one more wall and most of ACs around lord room making ur push possible

keep playing mindlessly ull be considered walking loot bags… this game should not be simple to do things simply by charging(zerging)… u all deserved to die there, and other guys to get loot

Gwyn Blaidd – Last Flight of The Crow (CROW)
H A R D (CORE) Gunnar’s hold http://lastflightofthecrow.webs.com/

in WvW

Posted by: Slomo.1029

Slomo.1029

Those were 3 ACs and a Ballista.

Highlight for us were your perfectly placed Catas. With a bit of trolling of swirling winds you noticed something is wrong.

Attachments:

~ Gandara

in WvW

Posted by: Timelord.8190

Timelord.8190

Haha ^^

Far ShiverPeaks (EU)

in WvW

Posted by: Dranul.2094

Dranul.2094

@gagi just 3 acs and one ballista was up for the that, my guys were outnumbered at the time, substantially.

What gets me is when there are servers that have 60-80+ in a tower, being attacked by 20-25 and still resort to a kitten tonne of acs and refuse to fight in person. We all know who they are

Worst I ever witnessed was 38 superior arrow carts on the walls of Hills. I kid you not. That was before the buff – I’d hate to see that these days…

Dranul – Guild Leader – The Unlikely Plan [TUP]
Aurora Glade EU
http://theunlikelyplangw2.guildlaunch.com

in WvW

Posted by: Simonoly.4352

Simonoly.4352

Typical TUP ac/balista choke point farming. The trick with this one, is to not run into the choke point that they are farming. Still, I admire your bravery….umm….suicidal tendencies. You are a fun server to fight against FSP.

Gandara