Fast Stomps need to be removed.

in WvW

Posted by: Willkilliam.5012

Willkilliam.5012

I understand there is a lot of work thats needs to be done in the game such as long loading screens, but theses fast stomps kinda break the game in a sense and I hate it everytime it happens especially when there are certain groups out there exploiting this and using to pin snipe drivers. Its cheating

in WvW

Posted by: OriOri.8724

OriOri.8724

I’m genuinely confused. You used “cheating” and “exploiting” so are you referring to an actual exploit or to skills that allow someone to quickly finish an enemy like Funciton Gyro or Finishing Blow? Because even those these skills are annoying, and they make balancing stomping more difficult, they aren’t cheating nor exploits.

in WvW

Posted by: miguelsil.6324

miguelsil.6324

Actually downstate needs to be removed instead.

in WvW

Posted by: Choppy.4183

Choppy.4183

I’ll admit that I was annoyed when quickness stomps were removed because, “we think finishing a player should take time and entail risk” (or words to that effect) only to have Finishing Blow and Function Gyro introduced a few months later….

I’m Biff Rangoon, and I approved this message.
Ehmry Bay | Omg Brb Icecream Truck (ICEE)

in WvW

Posted by: Lahmia.2193

Lahmia.2193

Only thing I can think of is the Daredevil elite when used with quickness.

Surrender and serve me in life, or die and slave for me in death.

in WvW

Posted by: Jim Hunter.6821

Jim Hunter.6821

^

Also known as Puck when my account isn’t suspended
LGN

in WvW

OriOri.8724

I’ll admit that I was annoyed when quickness stomps were removed because, “we think finishing a player should take time and entail risk” (or words to that effect) only to have Finishing Blow and Function Gyro introduced a few months later….

Quickness stomps were removed in the April 2016 patch, weren’t they? But yes, its highly hypocritical of ANet to say that quickness stomps were overpowered but then keep function gyro and finishing blow in the game. Either fast stomps are overpowered or they aren’t.

in WvW

Posted by: Choppy.4183

Choppy.4183

Quickness stomps were removed in the April 2016 patch, weren’t they?

My memory may be off, but I thought it was removed between the June 2015 balance patch (with the new trait system) and HoT release. Could be wrong.

I’m Biff Rangoon, and I approved this message.
Ehmry Bay | Omg Brb Icecream Truck (ICEE)

in WvW

Posted by: Caedmon.6798

Caedmon.6798

This x100.

in WvW

Lahmia.2193

Quickness stomps were removed in the April 2016 patch, weren’t they?

My memory may be off, but I thought it was removed between the June 2015 balance patch (with the new trait system) and HoT release. Could be wrong.

It was post HoT release. I remember Rev downstate being very powerful because it inflicted slow on #1, thus doubling the finish time of enemy players.

in WvW

Posted by: Vornollo.5182

Vornollo.5182

Quickness and Slow used to affect stomping up until the balance patch of January 26, 2016.

Function Gyro is by no means a fast stomp. Function Gyro is in fact a slower stomp than a player stomping (an Engi can preserve their Function Gyro’s stomp by double-tapping ‘stomp’ so that they finish the stomp before their Gyro does). The only benefit that comes from the Function Gyro is it’s range and the fact that you can have a target stomped while focussing on something more important (like another player).
That leaves Thief’s Impact Strike. A chain of three attacks that all need to connect to a target and get timed properly in order to be effective. Impact Strike, Uppercut and Finishing Blow can all be Blocked, Blinded, Interrupted and out-ranged to counterplay.

Honestly, I don’t know what you’re on about.
Could you add some detail to your post as to what you mean by ‘exploit’ and ‘cheating’?

EDIT#1: Added link to the wiki’s page with the balance patch I ment in it.

EDIT#2: Also, neither the Function Gyro nor the Impact Strike is a feasible way to “pin snipe drivers”. The Gyro should get 1) Interrupted and 2) Utterly destroyed by any group with the slightest of brains. A Thief is in no way able to stand the heat that would come of trying to perform a 2.75 second (or even 1.375 seconds with quickness) chain of attacks without getting Killed, Blinded, Interrupted or sneezed to death. That’s not even taking into account the simple fact that the driver would already have to be low on Health and CD’s, because honestly, even in Full Zerk you can play Guard/Warrior/Revenant or other remotely feasible “driver-like” classes/builds without dying in that amount of time without doing anything in return. If you can’t do that, you shouldn’t be driving anything.
Again, I’m just trying to understand.

[PUSH] Constant Pressure

(edited by Vornollo.5182)

in WvW

Posted by: Turk.5460

Turk.5460

Quickness and Slow used to affect stomping up until the balance patch prior to Season 2 of PvP.

Function Gyro is by no means a fast stomp. Function Gyro is in fact a slower stomp than a player stomping (an Engi can preserve their Function Gyro’s stomp by double-tapping ‘stomp’ so that they finish the stomp before their Gyro does). The only benefit that comes from the Function Gyro is it’s range and the fact that you can have a target stomped while focussing on something more important (like another player).
That leaves Thief’s Impact Strike. A chain of three attacks that all need to connect to a target and get timed properly in order to be effective. Impact Strike, Uppercut and Finishing Blow can all be Blocked, Blinded, Interrupted and out-ranged to counterplay.

Honestly, I don’t know what you’re on about.
Could you add some detail to your post as to what you mean by ‘exploit’ and ‘cheating’?

From my experience, the players that get irritated about things like this are ones who run small (3-5man) roaming groups, all bunker. They cry something fierce when they can’t get hard-rezzed 4 seconds into down state by their group mates.

-Fort Aspenwood- [UNIV] [TLC] [ShW]
-Sorrow’s Furnace-

in WvW

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

wich means old hard rez would be back.
I actually would not mind with that.

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

in WvW

Posted by: MUDse.7623

MUDse.7623

i play with impact strike on my thief and as you can stomp people without them even having a downedstate(if you would go into downstate by last hit you get stomped instant instead of going into downstate) by timing it properly its perfect for outnumbered fights. But i also get whispered / mailed that im a cheater when doing so quite often. If you can time it for pin sniping its probably fun, didnt try it yet tho as i mainly roam on thief and dont blob.

most thieves (on EU) run basi venom tho, if more people would play impact strike then it might get a nerf, that you can only stomp people with it that are in downed state for instance. as currently it hits up to 7k on squishies on my thief so its likely to stomp targets that are low on HP.

also i play with surging rune on the thief to compensate, that i dont have unblockable cc from basi venom. that shockaura is alot more fun with PI + draining

10k hours n still a noob

in WvW

Posted by: JDjitsu.7895

JDjitsu.7895

I’d be in for that. Let’s give that a try for a couple weeks. Use WvW as the guinea pig.

OP never came back to clarify, did he? Not sure what he meant by exploits/cheats ect. I wish ppl would think before making a thread, then proof reading. Oh, and not making a vague thread and disappearing from the discussion they started.

Wiggin/LittleEnder/XeroCool/Filthydirtyrotten/MizDemeanor/EnderThaXenocide/ShadowOfWiggin-
Maguuma & A Few alts on other NA/EU servers

in WvW

Posted by: Aazo.2841

Aazo.2841

Hell yeah, this …. so much THIS.

in WvW

Posted by: Jacion.6302

Jacion.6302

Sure and make my banner res cold dead corpses…no more timing long channel banner to match enough downstates that won’t be dead dead by end of channel.

I could just run and drop…100% success rate

in WvW

Posted by: Wolfric.9380

Wolfric.9380

:-). I agree. At least partially. If down you are helpless and bleed out unless someone helps you. No down skills.

in WvW

Posted by: Bigpapasmurf.5623

Bigpapasmurf.5623

I recently swapped from basi to impact strike as I tend to fight outnumbered and it really helps speed things up a bit. 3ish seconds to stomp (rooted) is dangerous for a teef. Even i f you shadowstep stomp its not guaranteed (trust me, ive interrupted plenty on my druid and engi lol).

Yesterday i believe I did my very first instastomp (downed on 2nd hit and stomped with 3rd). I was proud but it takes great timing. IMO ppl shouldn’t be complaining about impact strike as 1.) It uses up a utility slot to achieve and 2.) It can be blinded, cc’d, interrupted…etc and 3.) Basi is worse imo.

The full chain (non quickness and starting when you are downed) takes about 2.75s and a stomp takes around,I believe, 3.5s at most, saving less than 1s to stomp so this is saying that people are complaining about being stomped less than1 second sooner compared to traditional stomping, which means that some ppl don’t have anything else to complain about. Not to sound mean or rude, but please people, before complaining, at least check your facts/numbers/information/references….etc.

- Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/MC_Celestia
- I am currently a main thief roamer for SF in WvW. LOVE ME!
- {SOAP} Solo/Havoc roamer, lover of good fights

in WvW

Posted by: Xtinct.7031

Xtinct.7031

Here we go again, if It is not one thing about thief than it is another thing. This time we talking about what? nerfing impact strike elite?

in WvW

Bigpapasmurf.5623

Here we go again, if It is not one thing about thief than it is another thing. This time we talking about what? nerfing impact strike elite?

I dunno, something about solo capping a t3 tower or something with using impact strike?

in WvW

Posted by: Nate.3927

Nate.3927

I dunno, something about solo capping a t3 tower or something with using impact strike?

Why do you need impact strike to solo cap a t3 tower? All classses can do it. I can personally do it with only 4 because I’m pretty horrible with the other 5. But I’m sure people who are good with those classes can do it

in WvW

Bigpapasmurf.5623

Why do you need impact strike to solo cap a t3 tower? All classses can do it. I can personally do it with only 4 because I’m pretty horrible with the other 5. But I’m sure people who are good with those classes can do it

My remark was meant as sarcasm. Guess it wasn’t that obvious.

in WvW

Posted by: MUDse.7623

MUDse.7623

Yesterday i believe I did my very first instastomp (downed on 2nd hit and stomped with 3rd). I was proud but it takes great timing.

thats not instastomp. instastomp is if the person get ‘downed’ by your 3. hit but then it wont go into downstate at all it will just go from standing in front of you to stomped on the floor

Edit:
here i cut out 2 instantstomps from some old videos of mine, so you can see what i meant. currently mostly on freshair ele so i deleted most of my thief vids on my disk dont have better examples rdy atm. but you can clearly see, those did not have a downed state.

Quickstomp

if they drop into downedstate right before the 3. one hits it often wont work cause of that invulnerable frame they get, wich is pretty annoying.

10k hours n still a noob

(edited by MUDse.7623)

in WvW

Posted by: Aury.1367

Aury.1367

Yesterday i believe I did my very first instastomp (downed on 2nd hit and stomped with 3rd). I was proud but it takes great timing.

thats not instastomp. instastomp is if the person get ‘downed’ by your 3. hit but then it wont go into downstate at all it will just go from standing in front of you to stomped on the floor

Both versions are pretty overpowered.

in WvW

OriOri.8724

Edit:
here i cut out 2 instantstomps from some old videos of mine, so you can see what i meant. currently mostly on freshair ele so i deleted most of my thief vids on my disk dont have better examples rdy atm. but you can clearly see, those did not have a downed state.

Quickstomp

if they drop into downedstate right before the 3. one hits it often wont work cause of that invulnerable frame they get, wich is pretty annoying.

Instantly stomping someone like that is broken, as it allows a single class to completely bypass the downstate of the enemy players.

in WvW

Posted by: Odokuro.5049

Odokuro.5049

Yes because those few extra moments you’d be alive would totally save you, geegee get over yourself.

And what’s this looking down at, “Pin Sniping”? Cut the head off the snake, and body dies soon after.

The Self-Proclaimed Pervy Sage of Yaks Bend.
https://www.twitch.tv/amazinphelix

in WvW

Lahmia.2193

Yes because those few extra moments you’d be alive would totally save you, geegee get over yourself.

And what’s this looking down at, “Pin Sniping”?

A common complaint among brainless zerglings.

in WvW

Posted by: Famine.7915

Famine.7915

From my experience, a player stomps a hell of a lot faster than the function gyro.

:/

Vee/Volk
Maguuma – Predatory Instinct [HUNT]
Necromancer

in WvW

Posted by: Zenith.6403

Zenith.6403

This is a better suggestion

in WvW

Posted by: kash.9213

kash.9213

WvW forum should get rid of thieves and whatever else people cry about here every day before getting rid of down state, most people who post here regularly would rage quit without it unless the rest of combat was balanced out.

Kash
NSP

in WvW

Posted by: saerni.2584

saerni.2584

Lol Kash, if Anet balanced the game by removing all things people complain about on forums the game would be shut down tomorrow. :-P

Northern Shiverpeaks (NSP)
Thief (Daredevil)
Commandant of Pistol-Dagger and Apex Predator

in WvW

Posted by: JonnyForgotten.4276

JonnyForgotten.4276

Impact Strike takes 3 blockable/interruptable strikes to get that instant stomp. It is also an elite skill and on a minimum 42 sec cooldown (when traited for a shorter CD). Not overpowered.

in WvW

Posted by: LetoII.3782

LetoII.3782

Just the fact that it’s an elite……
IMO it should be an instant

in WvW

Bigpapasmurf.5623

Impact Strike takes 3 blockable/interruptable strikes to get that instant stomp. It is also an elite skill and on a minimum 42 sec cooldown (when traited for a shorter CD). Not overpowered.

Its actually a 40s base cooldown, 32s traited

in WvW

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

A player should only get one Downed State every couple minutes. Resurrects should be removed from the game. Resurrects are one of the most unbalancing factors in WvW IMO.

If that happens, I am fine with removing fast stomps.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

in WvW

Bigpapasmurf.5623

A player should only get one Downed State every couple minutes. Resurrects should be removed from the game. Resurrects are one of the most unbalancing factors in WvW IMO.

If that happens, I am fine with removing fast stomps.

If they removed downstate, more ppl will be running powerbuilds or condi burst builds (more than they do now). Build diversity would drop as they would need to buff support/healing builds to compensate in group fights.

If they had a downstate every couple minutes, how would the in between time from the start of that timer to the end? No one downs or do they auto die?

in WvW

Posted by: atheria.2837

atheria.2837

I understand there is a lot of work thats needs to be done in the game such as long loading screens, but theses fast stomps kinda break the game in a sense and I hate it everytime it happens especially when there are certain groups out there exploiting this and using to pin snipe drivers. Its cheating

Anet is going to lose more players faster than any other game when one comes up with fairness in any person versus person platform.

Being downed without a single skill being able to go off isn’t gaming, it’s “God Mode” for some and it’s going to destroy GW2 in the long run.

Not keeping all IT jobs here is a major reason IT is so bad HERE. 33y IT 10y IT Security

in WvW

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

If they had a downstate every couple minutes, how would the in between time from the start of that timer to the end? No one downs or do they auto die?

This function is already in the game but requires downing a player 3 times in 1 minute (virtually impossible). When a player goes down the 4th time in a minute, they automatically die rather than go into a downed state. I think this should be 1 downed state every 2 minutes.

If they removed downstate, more ppl will be running powerbuilds or condi burst builds (more than they do now). Build diversity would drop as they would need to buff support/healing builds to compensate in group fights.

I don’t think they should remove downed state just resurrect. Problem with rez is that all a more populated group has to do is survive and then they can completely reconstitute their numbers. This disincentives a smaller groups from engaging because it is mostly pointless. If dead players had to port immediately, smaller skilled groups could pick apart larger ones more easily adding more strategy and skill to the fights.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

in WvW

Posted by: kash.9213

kash.9213

I don’t think they should remove downed state just resurrect. Problem with rez is that all a more populated group has to do is survive and then they can completely reconstitute their numbers. This disincentives a smaller groups from engaging because it is mostly pointless. If dead players had to port immediately, smaller skilled groups could pick apart larger ones more easily adding more strategy and skill to the fights.

That’s my main problem with downstate, resurrection seems like a pain to both sides, it’s not even fun resurrection your people after a fight if you win. It also encourages people to take a death nap and be one more thing to miss click.

Kash
NSP