Faster laser event.. whaaaat?!!

in WvW

Posted by: Tspatula.9086

Tspatula.9086

Seriously, an event that blasts all the doors of the enemy structures on the map needs to be made easier and faster to accomplish. That sure is an important WvW priority balance…. RIP WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Svarty.8019

Svarty.8019

I needs to scale with the ladder ranking, because at top tier it is probably very active and hectic, whereas as the bottom it’s just 1-3 people hacking away at annoying knockdown mobs with no threat from enemies.

Nobody at Anet loves WvW like Grouch loved PvP. That’s what we need, a WvW Grouch, but taller.

in WvW

Posted by: DeceiverX.8361

DeceiverX.8361

I needs to scale with the ladder ranking, because at top tier it is probably very active and hectic, whereas as the bottom it’s just 1-3 people hacking away at annoying knockdown mobs with no threat from enemies.

In T2 most people ignore it for the first several minutes, and those who complete the event are usually just solo roamers or small groups in their home BL.

Nobody likes doing it is the thing. It just shouldn’t exist.

in WvW

Posted by: AmberUK.5380

AmberUK.5380

TBH I hoped their fix was to remove it.

We Asura are just the best
UW WvW player – TooT !

in WvW

Svarty.8019

In T2 most people ignore it for the first several minutes, and those who complete the event are usually just solo roamers or small groups in their home BL.

I understand your sentiment, but I disagree. I think it shouldn’t exist in it’s current form.

• The event is a good idea in theory – something that defenders have to come out from behind their arrow carts and try to win in the open. Losing isn’t the end of the world and they can still defend, but it’s quite punishing.

The idea of hiding this behind annoying mobs is a bad move, particularly as they do knockdown. Perhaps just getting rid of the mobs and having the cogs spawn without mobs would be better, instead?

Nobody at Anet loves WvW like Grouch loved PvP. That’s what we need, a WvW Grouch, but taller.

in WvW

Posted by: DeceiverX.8361

DeceiverX.8361

Thing is, it only works or really means anything when the BL is already hotly-disputed turf. Fortified structures take next to no damage from skysplitter, and rarely turf is flipped in the BL’s aside from when a small group takes the structures.

I’ve had it occur multiple instances where I’ll take half an enemy BL solo after several hours of work for the skysplitter event to begin. I move to try and take it, and usually make some progress. A few minutes in when I’m about halfway done, three havoc groups come in and do the event and prevent me from progressing. When I don’t bother doing it, progress by the enemy is a lot slower, because nobody cares so long as they’re not actively losing it. When they finish the event, all of my progress is undone, and I just move back to EBG.

in WvW

Posted by: Fellfoot.8156

Fellfoot.8156

Nah, just remove it. Or do what a lot of people do and just ignore it altogether because it kittens.

Edit: JC did say that they are going to upgrade some of the equipment that WvW runs on, right? So, they’re focused on fixing hardware instead design fails?

[AIR] Henge of Denravi aka Pink Abu, [BAMA] RollTide
chopping wood one day, dropped a piece,
all I could say was, “…fell…foot…”

in WvW

Posted by: Tyeme.6589

Tyeme.6589

The event needs to be removed altogether. It’s a PvE event in the middle of WvW.

It can be solo’d. So 1 person can log in, do the event, then log out. Three hours later they can repeat the process in the same bl. People rarely check the bl doors, especially on the northern towers since they are so out of the way. The lower the servers population, the less likely anyone checks the bl’s or have coverage.

So, after a few Oasis events, the doors on even fortified structures are wide open and the whole bl can be taken by 2 people with minimal effort. No siege needed, no fights against other players. Just complete PvE in a WvW area.

Solo defenders who might have responded to crossed swords on the structure have no time to respond since the doors are open. Plus it takes FOREVER to get from one part of the map to the other.

in WvW

Posted by: LetoII.3782

LetoII.3782

I like the event, had some good fights doing it.
So long as the lag goes away it should be fun.

(edited by LetoII.3782)

in WvW

Posted by: BrickFurious.7169

BrickFurious.7169

The event needs to be removed altogether. It’s a PvE event in the middle of WvW.

The entirety of the WvW game mode is a PvE event if no enemy players come to contest what you’re doing.

in WvW

Posted by: gavyne.6847

gavyne.6847

If lag goes away, I don’t mind this event staying. Only thing is I wish the damage the laser does should scale with population. So if your side is under populated, it should do more damage. If you are greatly outnumbering the others, laser should do very little damage.

Zone-wide skill lag is the #1 thing that makes people hate this event and map hop. A lot of the times we would be having a great fight somewhere else, and the event starts, it just ruin the fights. Fixing the lag issues will go a long way to allowing people to accept this feature.

in WvW

Svarty.8019

The entirety of the WvW game mode is a PvE event if no enemy players come to contest what you’re doing.

^^ This. You can also see why M.O. would be confused about people being into PvE if they were into WvW.

in WvW

Posted by: X T D.6458

X T D.6458

I would rather it have been removed entirely, but at least they are going to attempt to fix the lag issue and make it a little faster

I say what needs to be said, get used to it.
Honesty is not insulting, stupidity is.
>Class Balance is a Joke<

in WvW

Posted by: msalakka.4653

msalakka.4653

I hate having to keep soloing this kittenty event just so the enemy can’t. Get rid of it altogether.

Gutter Rat [cry] | Gandara | Roaming nuisance
~ There is no balance team. ~

in WvW

Posted by: Zoel.9154

Zoel.9154

Yeah, I don’t understand this either.

This event has never worked on live. Is there some compelling reason other than “people don’t do it” like theoretical or something to justify it?

Zoel – GM of [coVn]

in WvW

Posted by: Aerial Melodies.4938

Aerial Melodies.4938

In T1 NA, we just tell one server to do the event to end the lag. It’s never active or hectic. We simply want it over with so we can get back to fights and defense without bothering with lag and collecting things off mobs. lol

Ele for Hire

in WvW

Posted by: Pride.1734

Pride.1734

This should be removed along with the automated defense turrets in all the castles….

Yea lets put some statues there that blowpeople off the platform… that sounds like fun… pretty sure people will like that… yea… just like they liked skyhammer…. and the wvw community has always loved some oldschool pve events with their game….

in WvW

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

When I first read about it, my impression was pretty clear…

Complete Anet brainfart

Seriously, we complain about the fact its a PvE gathering quest that has a major impact on WvW gameplay as it damage all the gates on an already huge border that’s impossible to cover. We dont want it. It goes against the core of what WvW is supposed to be – players sieging objectives and engaging in warfare around them. Its should be removed completely.

So what do they do?

They make it twice as fast to complete

That’s not shooting yourself in the foot. That’s taking a shotgun to the face.

kittens sake Anet…

in WvW

Posted by: Yuffi.2430

Yuffi.2430

http://www.twitch.tv/guildwars2/v/36989122 36 minutes and 12 seconds.

The change is in response to “feedback from players that the event takes too long”.

Make of that what you will, but that’s the official reason given.

in WvW

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

The change is in response to “feedback from players that the event takes too long”.

Lolwat? A border zerg can jump in and do the event in minutes, often before the enemy side even have time to react. Who the heck would just say oh the event is fine, but it takes too long? T8-9 peeps that do it with 1-2 players and only get 1-2 enemies interrupting?

If Anet is curious to know why we dont have any hope in their ability to fix WvW… well there’s why.

in WvW

Posted by: Yuffi.2430

Yuffi.2430

Nope – it’s not us T8 or T9 people.

I’m in NA tier 8 (IoJ) and although it takes a couple of of us about 15 minutes to do the event the damage it does to gates makes life easier – I’d say even in T8 we’d save time overall. We tend to do the event if it comes up simply because if we don’t someone else will and then we’re worse off. Whether there’s enough people on the map to take advantage of the damaged gates is another, more serious, issue.

I was simply highlighting the “official” reason (not my own!) for why this is being brought in. As I said, make of this what you will.

in WvW

Posted by: Johje Holan.4607

Johje Holan.4607

I understand your sentiment, but I disagree. I think it shouldn’t exist in it’s current form.

• The event is a good idea in theory – something that defenders have to come out from behind their arrow carts and try to win in the open. Losing isn’t the end of the world and they can still defend, but it’s quite punishing.

The idea of hiding this behind annoying mobs is a bad move, particularly as they do knockdown. Perhaps just getting rid of the mobs and having the cogs spawn without mobs would be better, instead?

If they’re not going to remove it then this is a good idea – take the mobs out of it.

I would say make it like running amber in Ft. Aspenwood from GW1. Have a depot and you’ve got to get the cogs from the depot to the depository. And if you don’t want the team to finish the event then you’ve got to kill them to make them drop their cogs.

in WvW

Posted by: Brutal Augus.5917

Brutal Augus.5917

Y u always be doing this to me anet?

Attachments:

[varX] Limitless Potential

in WvW

Posted by: Grim West.3194

Grim West.3194

ANET doesn’t like WvW, they don’t have the talent to make it work. So they are making all zones PvE.

in WvW

Posted by: Baldrick.8967

Baldrick.8967

They been listening to their streamers again…

WvW player. Doing another world completion for my next Legendary. Hater of mini-games.

in WvW

Posted by: Lightsbane.9012

Lightsbane.9012

this sounds like a great idea! that way blob servers can control the entirety of a single bl every 3 hours!

As quick as the Valkyries ride,
As true as Odin’s spear flies,
There is nowhere to hide.

in WvW

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

WTF? Players in general want the event removed. In fact if its faster its going to be more of an issue in terms of servers being given time to respond.

Seriously this just further indicates how out of touch they are with regard to WvW, the overhaul will just be a complete shambles.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

in WvW

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

TBH I hoped their fix was to remove it.

Better be disabled than there….. while they dont have anything to put in its place….

Or they might want to fix one thing at the time, leaving map structures/design and awfull keep management to the last.

Laser event was already super fast at release with just arround 10 players now is what ???

Anet need fix a bit the castle design they are way to confuse to navigate try to make something more similiar to real structures, make a game with less gimmicks, less shrines or remove them while dont have anything decent for them, Fix castles and towers waypoints to be used, less mobs.

Also they need to remove north camp on Desert BL push keep to that place and make a big central castle on center, each bl should their main castle.

And if they could change WvW format would be the best… if they need to push to megaserver they need to make WvW a continent like with several maps controlled for guilds.

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

(edited by Aeolus.3615)

in WvW

Posted by: CrimsonNeonite.1048

CrimsonNeonite.1048

We just hop whenever this event happens, is it really that hard to disable it?

Scrubio
Plays completely opposite professions to his main Teef.

in WvW

Posted by: psizone.8437

psizone.8437

It’s infuriating how kitten out of touch they are with their playerbase.

This is one of the only things the majority of WvW completely agree on.

We get it, you tried to build something cool. It didn’t work out, cut your losses and remove it.

Brotherhood of Blub [blub]