Feature Pack Starting in April

in WvW

Posted by: Nuzt.7894

Nuzt.7894

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/announcing-the-april-2014-feature-pack/

While the traits look like a warm welcome, I see down the list A Colorful Outlook (assuming Commander Tag) and Account Bound (assuming Wxp) which means we won’t see them in the near future. So to answer all the questions, the reason they haven’t implemented either is because they wanted to save it for this “Feature Pack” so they can make the Pack look Beefy.

It’s my opinion that this just might be to little to late, time will tell.

in WvW

Posted by: Mighty Ice Arrow.9268

Mighty Ice Arrow.9268

Yes sure.
ABWXP it will be on at 1 April.

Fouls Day. Yes. How appropriate.

in WvW

Posted by: Banzie.5248

Banzie.5248

But why not just release it with the reset/season start seriously. Now its mid season with bugs to fix from the live game (We all know there will be bugs). Imo bad move on anet to put it there.

Isle Of Janthir

in WvW

Posted by: Ahmrill.7512

Ahmrill.7512

They better have private/guild only squads and upgrades to the C&S system. Also one of the most requested features that have been ignored.

Ahmrill
Proud member of [NORD] Nordvegr Guild
Jade Quarry

in WvW

Nuzt.7894

Keep in mind that is when they release the Blog not the content.

in WvW

Posted by: sminkiottone.6972

sminkiottone.6972

ArenaNet is excited to announce our first release that focuses exclusively on in-game features: the April 2014 Feature Pack, which hits Guild Wars 2 on April 15!

in WvW

Nuzt.7894

ArenaNet is excited to announce our first release that focuses exclusively on in-game features: the April 2014 Feature Pack, which hits Guild Wars 2 on April 15!

Missed that part, good to know. This is Anet though so does that mean they will start releasing on the 15th or release everything on the 15th ? Looks like if its everything which it seems how it is worded we will see Accound Bound Wxp and Comm Changes during Season 2.

in WvW

Posted by: ShiningMassXAcc.4735

ShiningMassXAcc.4735

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/announcing-the-april-2014-feature-pack/

While the traits look like a warm welcome, I see down the list A Colorful Outlook (assuming Commander Tag) and Account Bound (assuming Wxp) which means we won’t see them in the near future. So to answer all the questions, the reason they haven’t implemented either is because they wanted to save it for this “Feature Pack” so they can make the Pack look Beefy.

IMO – A colorful outlook is more likely to be changes to dyes, to match what China has.

in WvW

Posted by: Xenesis.6389

Xenesis.6389

One features release patch on the 15th, they will be discussing parts of it in their ready up every week until then. I don’t see mentions of commander tag or account wxp, and if they are coming in that patch but holding back announcing those at this point they’re skitten.

Another derailing post. ^^
North Keep: One of the village residents will now flee if their home is destroyed.
“Game over man, Game Over!” – RIP Bill

in WvW

Nuzt.7894

Could be, I’m just guessing what each one is, I have no solid proof of anything. I can say though if its Dyes and we dont see Comm changes they are going to have a riot on their hands.

in WvW

Posted by: Zinrae.3769

Zinrae.3769

March 27th announcing account bound… skill points! Yay!

Henge of Denravi [PD]

in WvW

Posted by: Warlord.9074

Warlord.9074

It will be enough to keep everyone from leaving to ESO for a month or so.

“Just press 2 to win all the dps was us cuz we’re a
warrior and we’re the best class” Eugene

in WvW

Nuzt.7894

One features release patch on the 15th, they will be discussing parts of it in their ready up every week until then. I don’t see mentions of commander tag or account wxp, and if they are coming in that patch but holding back announcing those at this point they’re skitten.

They give a date for each Blog entry so we will know more within the next week or so.

in WvW

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

It will be enough to keep everyone from leaving to ESO for a month or so.

Just in time for ESO to go F2P!

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

in WvW

Posted by: Luvpie.8350

Luvpie.8350

WvWers do not get hopes up..
‘Account-bound’ most likely legendaries are account bound & not wxp.
‘Colorful outlook’ is most likely dyes are account bound & not commander tags

Apply @ Fang-Gaming.US
Follow @twitch.tv/Luvpie

in WvW

Posted by: Jocksy.3415

Jocksy.3415

Commander and squad and things like that might also be in the “Facilitating friendly play”, which in French have been translated as “simplifying playing with (between) allies” (Simplification du jeu entre alliés).

When I read the titles, also thought that the colorful thing was about dies.
Some people mentioned account-bound might also be for legendaries, or dies, or commander tag, or karma-bought items, or others…

So go figure… titles say too much and not enough… building hype, I guess…

in WvW

Posted by: eithinan.9841

eithinan.9841

3/27 “account bound” will not refer to wxp. Don’t fool yourself.

It wont ever come. ever.

in WvW

Posted by: Zepher.7803

Zepher.7803

I don’t trust it, cause they had the words, vitality and condition damage in the same paragraph.

Sincerly, Me.

in WvW

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

I want to have hope but if the past is any guide something about the upcoming feature pack will be a kick to the nuts. I am not sure ANet knows how to release a patch without screwing something up.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

in WvW

Nuzt.7894

I wouldn’t want to be the Dev’s if the account bound is pertaining to weapons instead of Wxp, or if there is none of the WvW based updates we’ve been waiting for. If they release all this stuff and ignore the two things we have asked for they forums are going to light up, it will make our worst days look like sunshine and rainbows.

in WvW

Posted by: Jocksy.3415

Jocksy.3415

I wouldn’t want to be the Dev’s if the account bound is pertaining to weapons instead of Wxp, or if there is none of the WvW based updates we’ve been waiting for. If they release all this stuff and ignore the two things we have asked for they forums are going to light up, it will make our worst days look like sunshine and rainbows.

yeah, someone on my server linked a GW1 Commando April’s fools video on our server’s forum… pretty much told her there would be en uproar on the forum, if it ended up being and april fool’s prank…

in WvW

Posted by: Luvpie.8350

Luvpie.8350

if they added account bound legendaries and dyes and no wxp… grab your popcorn!

Apply @ Fang-Gaming.US
Follow @twitch.tv/Luvpie

in WvW

Nuzt.7894

if they added account bound legendaries and dyes and no wxp… grab your popcorn!

Exactly, forums bans will incresase 1000% that day.

in WvW

Posted by: Cush.4063

Cush.4063

WvWers do not get hopes up..
‘Account-bound’ most likely legendaries are account bound & not wxp.
‘Colorful outlook’ is most likely dyes are account bound & not commander tags

I’m sure its wxp or both+more. Let’s hope for everything to be account bound shall we :p This patch is going to be great for the game and will change a lot.

in WvW

Posted by: goldenwing.8473

goldenwing.8473

Hype mixed with hope is a powerful marketing tool.

Stir in a large dollop of ambiguous phrases to sweeten the mixture.

Serve immediately and hope everyone swallows it.

-Pondering the potential of empty calories

BG: 52 alts, 29 lvl 80’s. They all look good, so I am done with the game: Oct 2014

in WvW

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

Yep, too little too late, I’ll be in ESO and soon to be in WS. They should have released WvW updates before ESO released.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

in WvW

Posted by: Jamais vu.5284

Jamais vu.5284

While the traits look like a warm welcome, I see down the list A Colorful Outlook (assuming Commander Tag) and Account Bound (assuming Wxp)

HAHAHAHA
You are optimistic to use the most inoffensive term if you think they would ever dedicate a whole 2 bulletpoints/blogposts to WvW solely.

in WvW

Posted by: Vol.7601

Vol.7601

Pick a better game to ‘threaten’ Anet instead of ESO. You know, Club Penguin, Hello Kitty, Skyrim, e.t.c.

in WvW

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

While the traits look like a warm welcome, I see down the list A Colorful Outlook (assuming Commander Tag) and Account Bound (assuming Wxp)

HAHAHAHA
You are optimistic to use the most inoffensive term if you think they would ever dedicate a whole 2 bulletpoints/blogposts to WvW solely.

garri watergate fixes took 3 bullets
just sayin

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

in WvW

Posted by: TeamBattleAxe.3901

TeamBattleAxe.3901

I’m actually pretty hyped about this feature patch, but for all the wrong reasons. Anet has struggled with class balance thus far and their history of play-testing before implementing has been way less than stellar. I can’t wait to see what kind of kitten they break by dropping 40 NEW TRAITS in one day.

The first couple of weeks after this patch will be comedic gold.

in WvW

Posted by: Banzie.5248

Banzie.5248

I’m actually pretty hyped about this feature patch, but for all the wrong reasons. Anet has struggled with class balance thus far and their history of play-testing before implementing has been way less than stellar. I can’t wait to see what kind of kitten they break by dropping 40 NEW TRAITS in one day.

The first couple of weeks after this patch will be comedic gold.

Inb4Unkillable’X’class.

Isle Of Janthir

in WvW

Posted by: Novalitus.7382

Novalitus.7382

Aw man, stop with the negativity…
Anet finally announces something good and immediately you jump saying its ‘’too little, too late’‘. It’s almost like.. you -want- this game to fail?

Cheer up! Raise your head and look ahead. Better days are coming
Enough of this dooms-day- talk.

in WvW

Posted by: Omaris Mortuus Est.2738

Omaris Mortuus Est.2738

I looked down the blog list and this is what I said:

Dont care
Dont care
Dont care
Dont care
Dont care
Dont care
Dont care
Dont care
Dont care probably not WXP

Macros, you can use them as long as they arent macros.
Remember to buy the officially endorsed GW2 Steel Series Keyboard, it supports macros!
WvW, we only care if it affects the servers we play on.

in WvW

Nuzt.7894

Aw man, stop with the negativity…
Anet finally announces something good and immediately you jump saying its ‘’too little, too late’‘. It’s almost like.. you -want- this game to fail?

Cheer up! Raise your head and look ahead. Better days are coming
Enough of this dooms-day- talk.

Why would we “want” this game to fail, you have the same mind set as Anet, we don’t complain and kick and scream because we don’t care, we do it because we do care. Unfortunately Anet seems to think we do all this just because we decided today was the day I’m going to complain about X and that is my plan for the day. They refuse to communicate, that is their doing not ours. Sometimes some simple communication goes along way. Their we don’t owe you guys anything attitude will kill them more then any other game that comes out.

in WvW

Posted by: DeadlySynz.3471

DeadlySynz.3471

In all fairness; it seems more plausible to add account bound WxP the day before the season starts, rather than account bound legendaries and dyes. Though account bound dyes would be nice too.