Feature Patch

Feature Patch

in WvW

Posted by: LostBalloon.6423

LostBalloon.6423

If you did not all notice, they mentioned that there will be WvW & PvP. Do you think there will be ninja upgrades to WvW that we will not like (based on the absolute silence that has been apparent in the forums)?

Also, if you look there one of the unveils is named “Command the Rainbow”, which I am guessing is the update to the commander tag to allow color selection so that tags dont get confusing.

“Tricks and Explosive Finales” could be adjustment to the traps or new additions.

Basically QoL stuff, but nothing that seems too major, the other stuff looks more sPvP oriented and the last one “Prepare to Fight” could be anything (which kind of scares me)

Feature Patch

in WvW

Posted by: Atherakhia.4086

Atherakhia.4086

Maybe WXP will finally start unlocking unique/pvp finishers for the WvW community?

Feature Patch

in WvW

Posted by: Hybrid.7059

Hybrid.7059

U wot m8. PvP finishers (even if they are unique for WvW) would do absolutely nothing to improve WvW. Pls no.

Feature Patch

in WvW

Posted by: Quick Mouse.7635

Quick Mouse.7635

We are very excited to announce the wvw feature patch. To begin with, we felt that the applied fortitude buff was too strong for some classes. Therefore, we have renamed it to Rambo mode and it will only be available to warriors. Secondly, we were unstatisfied with the selection of the color and size of the commander tag. Therefore we will be change the color to green and reducing it’s size by 85%. Finally, we felt that the desire to form massive groups or “blobs” is too strong. Therefore we are doubling the damage of superior arrow carts, and every tower will now start with 10 superior arrow carts!
We hope you are as excited about these updates as we are. We will continue to ignore the GvG community because that is a violation of the game mode.

Tactical Fury [TF] – Late NA/early OCX driver (SoS)
Spirit of Faith [HOPE] – RIP

Feature Patch

in WvW

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

Preview:

1. More mastery skills
2. Taking the worst of EotM and moving it into regular WvW

Feature Patch

in WvW

Posted by: Kraag Deadsoul.2789

Kraag Deadsoul.2789

Based on past history to date, I have zero expectations that this feature patch will do much – if anything – to improve the core mechanics of the WvW game mode. It’s a golden opportunity for ArenaNet to mend some fences among the WvW community, but they’ve flubbed such opportunities in the past.

The sub-text of their announcement gushes on about their precious tournament, demonstrating once again they’re still kicking that dead e-Sports horse. The one positive I take from it is that Living Story is going on hiatus until autumn. Maybe there’s finally a realization within the corporation that there’s more to the game and to the community than Boring Story.

What’s disheartening, though, is – if they’re shutting down LS until Fall – that means they’re shunting personnel around to work on other areas of the game. Though it would be good for those other areas to finally get some attention, it confirms what we’ve suspected; there is no dedicated WvW team as the majority of their resources were tied up in LS. Doubly bad as those who are being repurposed to focus on other game modes lack a historical perspective by virtue of not having worked regularly on those modes. So it will be like starting from scratch to have the issues addressed that we’ve been pointing out since launch.

I’ll welcome my pessimism being proven wrong, but I’m not hopeful. The likely outcome are some minor additions (“Now you, TOO, can have a colored commander tag for only 1,000 gems. Buy YOUR’s today!!!") while completely ignoring the glaring issues that are pointed out on a daily basis on this sub-forum. Unfortunately, they’ll do the typical PR spin and hail those minor additions as the savior of WvW and consider it job done. Then we can go back to being ignored and neglected for another 2 years.

Please prove me wrong.

So many souls, so little time. ~ Kraag Deadsoul

Feature Patch

in WvW

Posted by: Avit.3165

Avit.3165

http://www.zam.com/story.html?story=34887

Nothing big, just few cosmetic changes so far

Feature Patch

in WvW

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

http://www.zam.com/story.html?story=34887

Nothing big, just few cosmetic changes so far

Lol I hope that’s not all they planned on doing, because that would be stupid. The changing of color is low priority for commander changes. Sure it improves the command structure, but I still consider account bound tag and private (guild only) switch far more important.

But it would be typical Anet to just gives us colors and leave it kitten. That’s their “come on guys, we have to wait 2 years to get it perfect before we can release it!” way.

(edited by Dawdler.8521)

Feature Patch

in WvW

Posted by: eldenbri.1059

eldenbri.1059

I look at this as being more than I expected. I had only thought there would be a few changes for each profession.

What I see is:
- Golem mastery
- Color-coded commander icons
- Some time allocated after this feature patch goes in place before the next major Living Story update

That last point seems really smart to me. If they are adding a fair number of features and changes, it’s likely that something will go wrong (that’s just how complex software works). By not having a locked schedule for the next Living Story update, it lets them make changes more easily. It gives me the hope that there could be relatively quick tuning if something turns out not to be balanced in the balance patch. And considering that $150K is going out in PvP prize money, it seems like there’s a strong incentive for ANet to be able to do some tuning.

Feature Patch

in WvW

Posted by: Raap.9065

Raap.9065

I’m taking a "I’ll believe it when I see it" stance on this one.

Expectations set to a minimum, but hoping to be positively surprised.

Swift Mending – Guardian
Thorny Scrub – Thief
Desolation

Feature Patch

in WvW

Posted by: Hule.8794

Hule.8794

I dont think those screens on zam are right. I think they are false.
Come on, empty spot in commander color selection? It kind of make sense as that yellow should be there, but Anet never made anything that made sense.
And if they will do anything good, its graphics, but that border around different colors, thats something new guy can make in photoshop in 5 minutes.

Feature Patch

in WvW

Posted by: Pinkamena Diane Pie.8054

Pinkamena Diane Pie.8054

I have a bad feeling about this so-called feature patch.

It’s already started badly with the full set of commander tag costing 1500g!
But then let’s read the titles of each week

Week 1: Competitive Week
From new tools for coordinating your tactics to new rewards for your valor, Competitive Week is all about our support for and improvements to competitive play in Guild Wars 2!

So this will contain all the sPvP and WvW updates.

Week 2: A Fresh Start
Our second week of September 2014 Feature Pack reveals is focused on improving the Guild Wars 2 experience for new and veteran players alike!

Just improving the experience. What exactly will that mean? For WvW? For PvP? For PvE?
Or is it just other quality of life stuff that should have been there since launch?

Week 3: Collecting and Trading
In the September 2014 Feature Pack, we’re rethinking the way you collect and trade items!

Nothing to do with WvW, just mats and stuff from the sounds of it.

So can it be that the only things we get from this are coloured tags and golem mastery?!

The WvW Forum Poster Formerly Known As Omaris Mortuus Est

Feature Patch

in WvW

Posted by: Kraag Deadsoul.2789

Kraag Deadsoul.2789

So can it be that the only things we get from this are coloured tags and golem mastery?!

Except that we won’t be getting colored tags; at least not the ones we requested. What we’re getting instead are gold-gated vanity items which have been co-opted by ArenaNet into a naked cash grab that no true WvW player will bother purchasing (or – as will be the case for many – won’t even be able to afford).

So golem mastery is all we’re getting.

So many souls, so little time. ~ Kraag Deadsoul