Feb 1: DR/EB/IOJ

in WvW

Posted by: Jaaded.1870

Jaaded.1870

I am really looking for forward to this match up again this week. We have had excellent fights with all involved. Win, lose or draw I know this will be an excellent match up as the scoreboard really doesn’t do it justice!

Lilj/Liljaad
SoCo
Yak’s Bend

in WvW

Posted by: Phenona.9457

Phenona.9457

It will be Legendary!!

Phenona-Ranger, Somaina-Mes, Shaleo-Theif, Chrytheena-Ele, Milphina-Engi, Purpleppleater Yum- Mes.
Running [Lost] in IoJ

in WvW

Jaaded.1870

On your mark, get ready!

Lilj/Liljaad
SoCo
Yak’s Bend

in WvW

Posted by: KinkyGiraffe.4123

KinkyGiraffe.4123

A lovely game of gang up on the weaker server and let the already stronger server win by a mile!
We tried splitting our forces in both Eternal and our borderlands, only to lose bay in the first 5 minutes, then have immediate pressure on both Hills by EB, and Garrison by DR, all the while being pushed back in Eternal.
Just a little demoralising but im sure IoJ will not be breaking that easily!
Its only the beginning, fight on guys.
Will hopefully be just as fun as last week

Mr(s) Starkk

in WvW

Posted by: Sumwun.3846

Sumwun.3846

A lovely game of gang up on the weaker server and let the already stronger server win by a mile!
We tried splitting our forces in both Eternal and our borderlands, only to lose bay in the first 5 minutes, then have immediate pressure on both Hills by EB, and Garrison by DR, all the while being pushed back in Eternal.
Just a little demoralising but im sure IoJ will not be breaking that easily!
Its only the beginning, fight on guys.
Will hopefully be just as fun as last week

Just about everyone who reads this thread knows what IoJ has been trough. Fact is, things are planned out. I don’t think you will see too many people rubbing IoJ’s nose in their low numbers. Last week was filled with great battles despite the massive gaps in all our servers populations.

All you can do is fight the fight you are at, just like DR does with Ebay. We mostly know what the final results will be unless populations shift. IoJ won’t quit. this is going to be a fun week.

Yorgy/Rumblestrip
Yak’s Bend.

(edited by Sumwun.3846)

in WvW

Posted by: Luzano.6983

Luzano.6983

Man as much as I don’t want to “gang up” on IOJ, your borderlands was super fun in terms of roaming last week so I’ll probably check there first all this week.

Shoutouts to DR [AD] thief and [TF] hammer guardian and also IOJ [VF] necro-ele-ranger.

Great fights once again so far. Hopefully we at Ebay can fight you guys again after the ratings reset.

[GF] / [Guam] Alaiii – Jackie Lautchang – Luzano

in WvW

Posted by: pixieish.9627

pixieish.9627

I don’t know about ganging up on IoJ, my guild was desperately trying to hold off the EBay hordes in EBat. Didn’t quite go so well, sadly.

Reiseiji, Guardian, Fabulous Spec
Kaschen, Engi, Nerfed Spec
Devona’s Refugee, recently arrived to F.Aspenwood

in WvW

Posted by: Siege.4280

Siege.4280

Thanks EB for a great time at Hills on DR. We had a great time.

Lead Officer Pieg [RED]
Commander Pieg [RED]
Loyal Devona’s Rest Member

in WvW

Posted by: Zaq.3762

Zaq.3762

Yeah there’s no ganging up on ioj mentality in DR. Never was that I am aware of. We’ve got our hands full with EB. Hopefully with a little combined effort, we can hold back the tide of green on all sides Be nice to see more balance this time around. Either way, you can count on DR putting up a fight.

Devona’s Rest
Gamers United Nations [GUN]
Ranger

in WvW

Sumwun.3846

Holy Smokes!

IoJ was flap jackin’ crazed tonight! It was non stop. FTF just kept on multiplying or something, we were eventually over run, then backed up over, and then ran over again.

Much like last week, there was a constant ping pong between the three teams. Ebay at the east wall, IoJ at the south. IoJ holds us at garrison long enough to drop a door and get wiped up by Ebay as they steamrolled in and finished it off. We are attacking North Hills, scout reports Large group of IoJ on it’s way.. ninja team disappears and let’s IoJ and Ebay duke it out.

Eventually we got squeezed.
Crazy night people.

tyty

Yorgy/Rumblestrip
Yak’s Bend.

in WvW

Posted by: JarXLite.6720

JarXLite.6720

That large group of IoJ at hills was us running a golem rush tutorial

Anyway, crazy reset. We just kept getting hammered by DR and EB on all fronts!
EB, I have absolutely NO idea how you were able to field that many people on ALL the maps. Crazy influx of people on the reset?

Tainir
IoJ commander
[HARD]

in WvW

Posted by: Gorefiend.9675

Gorefiend.9675

EB, I have absolutely NO idea how you were able to field that many people on ALL the maps. Crazy influx of people on the reset?

I am honestly just as astonished as you are. I don’t remember nearly this many last week. Makes me wonder if paid transfers are not going to work.

D/D, Staff Elementalist

in WvW

JarXLite.6720

I am honestly just as astonished as you are. I don’t remember nearly this many last week. Makes me wonder if paid transfers are not going to work.

Did you have queues on every map?

Tainir
IoJ commander
[HARD]

in WvW

Posted by: Noice.8730

Noice.8730

That large group of IoJ at hills was us running a golem rush tutorial

Anyway, crazy reset. We just kept getting hammered by DR and EB on all fronts!

EB has always been a very strong NA server…that’s basically how we got to tier 4 with almost no oceanic presence. Our resets being like this is already a tradition.

Holy Smokes!

IoJ was flap jackin’ crazed tonight! It was non stop. FTF just kept on multiplying or something, we were eventually over run, then backed up over, and then ran over again.

Much like last week, there was a constant ping pong between the three teams. Ebay at the east wall, IoJ at the south. IoJ holds us at garrison long enough to drop a door and get wiped up by Ebay as they steamrolled in and finished it off. We are attacking North Hills, scout reports Large group of IoJ on it’s way.. ninja team disappears and let’s IoJ and Ebay duke it out.

Eventually we got squeezed.
Crazy night people.

tyty

Yeah man, was fun! FTF first went to eternal battlegrounds with GH. After we took everything there, we went to IOJ bl. There was a queue so we couldn’t get all our members to get in…but still great fights tonight! That back and forth was awesome. SoCo and AD got really noticed by my members as 2 of your best guilds. Great D !

Also, I had a quick 1 on 1 with a SoCo ele outside of bay at IOJ bl. After a 5 minute rolling with him, I had to go coz it won’t end and I need to lead my guild. Well props to him

Did you have queues on every map?

Well, since our home borderlands wasn’t touched at all, everyone else went to the other 3. We had queues on IOJ, DR and Eternal bl’s

Noice – Lvl 80 Elementalist
Noice To Meet Ya – Lvl 80 Guardian

(edited by Noice.8730)

in WvW

Posted by: cesmode.4257

cesmode.4257

Nice fights last night. This morning, us IoJ’ers are showing some teeth!

Also: A thank you to the ebay mesmer in the IoJ BL lake for letting me complete a daily (all the while trying to take some caps there :p)

Karma is as abundant as air, and as useless as the Kardashians.

in WvW

Sumwun.3846

Yeah man, was fun! FTF first went to eternal battlegrounds with GH. After we took everything there, we went to IOJ bl. There was a queue so we couldn’t get all our members to get in…but still great fights tonight! That back and forth was awesome. SoCo and AD got really noticed by my members as 2 of your best guilds. Great D !

Also, I had a quick 1 on 1 with a SoCo ele outside of bay at IOJ bl. After a 5 minute rolling with him, I had to go coz it won’t end and I need to lead my guild. Well props to him

Still jazzed about last night. As we have moved up in tiers we were forced to begin development of other methods. Our Match with Maguuma was a real eye opener for many of us in SoCo, and I think the server in general. We are developing and strengthening and working more and more as a team.

we had a fantastic Triumvirate running the show in IoJ last night. communication was orgasmic. cooperation was even better. A request would go out for a few people to go to A, B or C and it was normally a mix of a few people who would show up and simply work together like we were all wearing the same guild tag. Scouts, mini teams keeping lesser objectives moving along while larger groups would do something else. Support calls would go out from any location, and there was always a response from someone.

There was one point last night when we were getting leaned on pretty hard at SW tower. enemy numbers had grown and unfortunate luck had us getting pinched from the East and West. As we are struggling with the larger force attempting to hit from the Ruins, we are also getting pulled west to defend the SW camp. NoQQ and AD show up at a pretty fantastic time, and helped lead a rush across the bridge, into the ruins, up Ebays butt out their mouth then back in their mouth then proceeded to scratch, bite, punch and kick their way down and out Ebay’s butt again. There was a lot of excitement when that battle turned in our favor.

I’M WAS SO HAPPY MINE CUT OWN FINGER FOR BLEEDING ON PANCAKE TO THROW TO CHARRCAT FOR JOB GOOD DONE. GOOD CHARRCAT. GOOD CHARRCAT.

DR members. we have a public Voice and Community Site. Get involved, click the sig. Help make DR an even better place. The results of the site in one day have been pleasing, and the Voice chat is really making the community much closer.

Uncle Yorgy wants you! !..!,

Yorgy/Rumblestrip
Yak’s Bend.

in WvW

Posted by: Neeho.3859

Neeho.3859

Had a blast last night overextending repeatedly. Hopefully my k/d will go up today!

Ho/Neeho/Zorho/Hodown/Ephodemic
[SoCo] Solum Contego SoCo loco style!
Yak’s Bend

in WvW

Posted by: Oozo.7856

Oozo.7856

You aren’t doing it right if you aren’t overextending into 30+ culled enemy.

[Anonymous Defender] on Youtube
Solo & Roaming Group WvW Movies

in WvW

Posted by: Plutonium.1308

Plutonium.1308

Lets let devona win this week, or at least catch up. I’d rather not have to go through a week in tier 1 with kaineng and sorrows furnace.

Observe Adapt Overcome
[FTF]Danke Bitte

in WvW

Jaaded.1870

You guys know how I feel bout IOJ BL. Last night did not disappoint!!! We had some ridiculously major fun fights!! This week is going to be crazy!

Lilj/Liljaad
SoCo
Yak’s Bend

in WvW

Neeho.3859

Well, they weren’t really culled… I just like blowing kitten up! 12 hour shifts make me a lil blase about such things.

Yak’s Bend

in WvW

Posted by: Dream In A Dream.7213

Dream In A Dream.7213

lol That is me most of the time, charging into trees, running into walls, etc. I can’t blame the culling too much. Was mostly overextending too much. Great job out there Bsty, NoQQ, and AD. Was a great learning experience seeing you flank and portal bomb, just wow.. Could you post any vids of your warriors playing? Would be a nice tutorial.
Cheers

EB, wow you guys were fun to play against. Some great flanking and siege use in open field. I still don’t see us DR use this enough. even after Maguma taught us how its done, but we are learning.. Good CC, a few times I thought I almost made it through:)

IOJ, some fun fights vs you guys too.

Lion of the Wind RGTG/SOCO

in WvW

Jaaded.1870

This <—> close on bay! Good thing ya came back to check IOJ or we would be swimming in that hot tub right now!!!

Lilj/Liljaad
SoCo
Yak’s Bend

in WvW

JarXLite.6720

Have fun in T1 Ehmry

Tainir
IoJ commander
[HARD]

in WvW

Posted by: Gab Superstar.4059

Gab Superstar.4059

As much as I like this match up, it’s probably for the best that it will change.

It has proven to me that match up threads don’t have to be constant whine, and that there can be good fighting and friendly atmosphere in WvW, but the disparity in server power is just too high for it to be fun for a longer period of time.

Very Good Detectives [VGD]
Devonas Rest 4 lyfe

in WvW

JarXLite.6720

As much as I like this match up, it’s probably for the best that it will change.

It has proven to me that match up threads don’t have to be constant whine, and that there can be good fighting and friendly atmosphere in WvW, but the disparity in server power is just too high for it to be fun for a longer period of time.

Totally agree.

Tainir
IoJ commander
[HARD]

in WvW

Posted by: Cactus.2710

Cactus.2710

I have to agree. I’ve enjoyed fighting against both IoJ and EB and wouldn’t mind a continuation of this match one bit if the player pops were just a bit more even. I actually feel sorry for EB, since it looks like they are going to get fed to the crocodiles after the next reset and they don’t deserve that.

D/D Thief who prefers mobility to stealth … so yeah, I die a lot
Stormbluff Isle [AoD]

in WvW

Posted by: Wizardauz.3761

Wizardauz.3761

yeah i agree with that.

the whole timing of this server rating reset kinda screwed us over…

and now we’re skyrocketing to Tier 1 for some reason… thats going to be a real pain.

We might be looking for a couple weeks of pain having to fight old rivals and other massives.

It may be another week of population differences blaring us in the face, but it could as be a blessing in disguise getting sent down now…

Ehmry Bay – Good Fights Guild Leader
Lvl 80 Sylvari Guardian – Tzenjin [GF]
Lvl 80 Human Elementalist – Tzenkai [GF]

in WvW

Posted by: Sage.5843

Sage.5843

I’M WAS SO HAPPY MINE CUT OWN FINGER FOR BLEEDING ON PANCAKE TO THROW TO CHARRCAT FOR JOB GOOD DONE. GOOD CHARRCAT. GOOD CHARRCAT.

Om nom nom nom nom. CHARRCAT THANKS YOU.

Larks
Member of [DAWN]
NA Dragonbrand Server

in WvW

Posted by: Archer.1658

Archer.1658

yeah i agree with that.

the whole timing of this server rating reset kinda screwed us over…

and now we’re skyrocketing to Tier 1 for some reason… thats going to be a real pain.

We might be looking for a couple weeks of pain having to fight old rivals and other massives.

It may be another week of population differences blaring us in the face, but it could as be a blessing in disguise getting sent down now…

We’ll probably go through a lot of beatings. Considering the original t1-t3 servers will be working their way up, we we’ll prob bump into each of them on our way down. I must hand it to anet though, i bet they were like hey, lets troll the crap out of lower pop servers this month.

Çookies – Mesmer – [GF]/Ebay
Everyone is bad but me.
Anet ruined Gw2.

in WvW

Posted by: pixieish.9627

pixieish.9627

We’re all doomed. If your server does well? It goes up against Kaineg. Does poorly? Oh, tossed in with Dragonbrand. Try to just stay second place? Maguuma. No matter what happens, the server is doomed. DOOOOOOMED!

Reiseiji, Guardian, Fabulous Spec
Kaschen, Engi, Nerfed Spec
Devona’s Refugee, recently arrived to F.Aspenwood

in WvW

Oozo.7856

Curious. How bad is the culling for you EB and IoJ guys when you engage us (or DR, in general)?

in WvW

JarXLite.6720

Curious. How bad is the culling for you EB and IoJ guys when you engage us (or DR, in general)?

Pretty bad. I imagine its better for us, though, because our zergs very rarely get more than 20 people. Not as many bodies to cull.

Tainir
IoJ commander
[HARD]

in WvW

Oozo.7856

I doubt it’s really better for any one side. It kind of sucks though, it’s having too much impact on the fights. Win or lose, it sucks. We don’t want to be winning fights because people can’t see us until it’s too late. Pretty sure that goes both ways.

in WvW

Neeho.3859

Culling was absolutely atrocious last night. We had a report of ~10 inc to sw camp from sw tower; they portal bombed us with mass invis (nice job btw). I saw one, charged, and was pretty much insta killed. The rest didn’t pop until I tried to mist away while downed. Of course, I drove myself right into the middle of them…

Yak’s Bend

in WvW

Jaaded.1870

Blah wasnt able to get on last night for our guild WvW Heard it was a lot of fun in IOJ BL tho. We did get on this morning and headed to EB for a breather and took back our side of the map with a few little fights. I still love IOJ more see ya there later <3

Lilj/Liljaad
SoCo
Yak’s Bend

in WvW

Posted by: Gab Superstar.4059

Gab Superstar.4059

Dear EB commander-who-died-in-Anzalias-and-didn’t-revive-when-you-are-up-by-50k-to-call-out-everything-we-did-and-siege-placement-for-your-zerg;

Enjoy getting your kitten kicked in T1.

Sincerely,
Miss Winters.

Very Good Detectives [VGD]
Devonas Rest 4 lyfe

in WvW

Archer.1658

Dear EB commander-who-died-in-Anzalias-and-didn’t-revive-when-you-are-up-by-50k-to-call-out-everything-we-did-and-siege-placement-for-your-zerg;

Sincerely,
Miss Winters.

Upset much?

Everyone is bad but me.
Anet ruined Gw2.

in WvW

Oozo.7856

Sincerely,
Miss Winters.

Upset much?

I wasn’t there, but it sounds like someone they killed didn’t release and used their invulnerable dead body to spy and call out seige placement. You have to admit that is kind of ridiculously lame, but I do think it is one of the things they are specifically addressing in the Feb WvW patch.

in WvW

Archer.1658

Sincerely,
Miss Winters.

Upset much?

I wasn’t there, but it sounds like someone they killed didn’t release and used their invulnerable dead body to spy and call out seige placement. You have to admit that is kind of ridiculously lame, but I do think it is one of the things they are specifically addressing in the Feb WvW patch.

Because it changes the tide of war so much. If you know how to defend, then it wouldn’t matter. Whether the concept is “lame” or not, who cares it’s war. Want me to pat you on the back after you die? There is no mercy for the weak.

Everyone is bad but me.
Anet ruined Gw2.

in WvW

Oozo.7856

Sincerely,
Miss Winters.

Upset much?

Because it changes the tide of war so much. If you know how to defend, then it wouldn’t matter. Whether the concept is “lame” or not, who cares it’s war. Want me to pat you on the back after you die? There is no mercy for the weak.

Your reply makes about zero sense. If you have siege placed at strategic locations to repel an attack but some dead player who is inside calls out the position and types of that siege it’s a problem.

And this is a game, it’s not a war. The main difference being that in a real war a dead person can’t report information back to base. But, you probably already knew that.

in WvW

Archer.1658

Sincerely,
Miss Winters.

Upset much?

Your reply makes about zero sense. If you have siege placed at strategic locations to repel an attack but some dead player who is inside calls out the position and types of that siege it’s a problem.

And this is a game, it’s not a war. The main difference being that in a real war a dead person can’t report information back to base. But, you probably already knew that.

It’s not a problem if you know how to defend it, get over it. This is war sir, you should take it with the utmost seriousness. If you’d like I will teach you how to defend the siege?

Everyone is bad but me.
Anet ruined Gw2.

in WvW

Oozo.7856

Sincerely,
Miss Winters.

Upset much?

It’s not a problem if you know how to defend it, get over it. This is war sir, you should take it with the utmost seriousness. If you’d like I will teach you how to defend the siege?

What, with elementalists?

It’s more of a problem when you have ballista and arrow carts placed in a camp because the dead person can let the enemy know how to approach the camp to avoid getting caught in a death trap. You do realize that you are being kind of obtuse, right?

in WvW

Sumwun.3846

I saw a Metallica video where scientists in Russia were re-animating dead, headless, zombies. I think once you stick a flag in someone they should be removed from the site, or we should be allowed to torch the bodies. laying there for extended lengths of time is as cheap as alt-F4ing before a death, and exploiting to hop into a keep or tower. it’s all Dirtneck skillz and to confuse it with anything but being a bad winner or loser is silly.

Yorgy/Rumblestrip
Yak’s Bend.

in WvW

Posted by: Cactus.2710

Cactus.2710

Sincerely,
Miss Winters.

Upset much?

What, with elementalists?

It’s more of a problem when you have ballista and arrow carts placed in a camp because the dead person can let the enemy know how to approach the camp to avoid getting caught in a death trap. You do realize that you are being kind of obtuse, right?

I’m pretty sure he doesn’t.

D/D Thief who prefers mobility to stealth … so yeah, I die a lot
Stormbluff Isle [AoD]

in WvW

Posted by: Plutonium.1308

Plutonium.1308

What changed from last week’s thread.. you guys got salty. We’re the ones getting sent up to tier 1 for a week of boring breakout events. I’m hoping we lose just as badly next week as we win this week.. might balance us out right back in tier 4 or 5.

Observe Adapt Overcome
[FTF]Danke Bitte

in WvW

Posted by: Kyuzo.4675

Kyuzo.4675

Bored and could use some experience trying to duel. back at the windmill. try and leave a slot open on teams though so we can chat before or after. makes it a lot more fun.

IoJ windmill atm if anyone wants to come. (there were others here earlier but my comp needed a restart so when i came back all had left)

[AD] Devona’s Rest

in WvW

Posted by: Wizardauz.3761

Wizardauz.3761

Hey i was that hooded elementalist!

Those we’re some awesome fights back there!

The 3v3s, 2v2s, and duels we’re great. Feel free to add me in game and we cant set up another one with FTF

Ehmry Bay – Good Fights Guild Leader
Lvl 80 Sylvari Guardian – Tzenjin [GF]
Lvl 80 Human Elementalist – Tzenkai [GF]

in WvW

Posted by: Noice.8730

Noice.8730

Sincerely,
Miss Winters.

Well, we MAY be fighting kaineng next but you guys are fighting stormbluff isle

Then both of us are gonna get stomped but will secure second place so the following week could possibly be you guys against us again, or against yak’s bend or against crystal desert, or tarnished coast…
isn’t that fun?

Noice – Lvl 80 Elementalist
Noice To Meet Ya – Lvl 80 Guardian

(edited by Noice.8730)

in WvW

Oozo.7856

Sincerely,
Miss Winters.

Well, we MAY be fighting kaineng next but you guys are fighting stormbluff isle

Then both of us are gonna get stomped but will secure second place so the following week could possibly be you guys against us again, or against yak’s bend or against crystal desert, or tarnished coast…
isn’t that fun?

Things could be worse. You could be Sorrow’s Furnace.