Feb 8: FA/Mag/DB

in WvW

Posted by: Evalana.5480

Evalana.5480

John Widdin.9618

It’s alright, we’re still a bit paranoid from our encounter with Kaieneng. Nearly every post was “We’re awesome because you suck”.

^^^^^^^^
This.

Indecisive Eva – Maguuma – [GS] Gun Squad
Looking for Guards, Warriors, & Mesmers!
Apply today at: http://tinyurl.com/gunsquad

in WvW

Posted by: ParaldaWind.4523

ParaldaWind.4523

Had a lot of great fights last night. Wish we had more of a night crew so we didn’t have to wake up and reupgrade everything, but that’s fine.

I’m just glad we’re not playing Doormachine anymore.

No tears, only dreams
[PYRO]
Maguuma – youtube.com/pyrogw2

in WvW

Posted by: Ruru.1302

Ruru.1302

lol that was funny

30-40 DB at FA BL bay gets wrecked by 1 arrow cart and like 20 of us

mag
[Mada] Apocryfia

in WvW

Posted by: Moddo.7105

Moddo.7105

lol that was funny

30-40 DB at FA BL bay gets wrecked by 1 arrow cart and like 20 of us

I wonder are post like this from people who WvW once a month or something? Because this type stuff can and does happen all time, yet your post makes it seem like you just stumbled on a unique situation. Try to get into WvW more than once a month to get your 50 kills and it will not be such a big deal.

in WvW

Posted by: Rhyis.7058

Rhyis.7058

Arrow carts kill people bro. It’s exciting.

in WvW

Posted by: ShaunZ.1098

ShaunZ.1098

Arrow carts don’t kill people, people kill people

Gremmil – Fort Aspenwood Engineer
It’s [NERF] or nothing!

in WvW

Posted by: jaycatano.6738

jaycatano.6738

Arrow carts don’t kill people, people kill people

I say we ban assault arrow carts and limit their magazine capacity. They kill too many.

Slightly Better Ele
Violent Resolution [VR]
Maguuma

in WvW

Evalana.5480

I don’t find anything wrong with what Grimaldi proposed. If we don’t double up from time to time, it’s just going to be a blowout every single week. I’m all for closing the gap a bit. Just being honest.

in WvW

Posted by: EnRohbi.2187

EnRohbi.2187

I don’t find anything wrong with what Grimaldi proposed. If we don’t double up from time to time, it’s just going to be a blowout every single week. I’m all for closing the gap a bit. Just being honest.

Gonna agree with you here. I’m against a lot of underhanded play, but I don’t consider this to be that.
Yeah, WvW is primarily a PVP game,
But there’s also a social game aspect to it that I think goes largely underutilized.

Alliances exist in wartimes.
Truces, ceasefires, temporary peacetime, whatever you wanna call it.

These are very valid war tactics.

Dragonbrand

in WvW

Posted by: dreztina.4820

dreztina.4820

The entire point of the three realm system is for the two smaller realms to be able to team up against the largest to help combat population issues. Calling that wrong when it was the goal in the first place is more than a bit silly.

Out of Attunement – D/D Ele
Maguuma

in WvW

Evalana.5480

dreztina.4820

The entire point of the three realm system is for the two smaller realms to be able to team up against the largest to help combat population issues. Calling that wrong when it was the goal in the first place is more than a bit silly.

Precisely. And that is what Grimaldi was proposing we do.

in WvW

Posted by: Beachead.4127

Beachead.4127

Can a member of OA obvious assassin on mag please message me. This is Ullrok your old GM from WoW and I am trying to figure out who is using the guild name since I see nothing about it on the OA forums.

Ullrok – Warrior
Ullrom – Mesmer

in WvW

Posted by: Skapocalypse.5236

Skapocalypse.5236

Can’t play, must shovel large amounts of snow. After Sandy and now this blizzard I am pretty sure the weather and the seasons are double teaming me to get rid of me.

Skapocalypse/SkaP

in WvW

Posted by: John Widdin.9618

John Widdin.9618

Can’t play, must shovel large amounts of snow. After Sandy and now this blizzard I am pretty sure the weather and the seasons are double teaming me to get rid of me.

Just do what I did on Friday. Decide to help some guys push a car out of the snow when leaving work, and dislocate your knee.

Nobody can expect an injured man to shovel that snow.

Zachary ~ Mesmer/ John Widdin ~ Warrior/ Zazmataz ~ Engineer
Maguuma – [TriM][DERP]

in WvW

Posted by: Saweth You Him.9047

Saweth You Him.9047

I’m awake and ready to roll some more Mag and DB out the door. There’s just one problem. It’s peanut butter jelly time and I’m all out of bread. And I think it snowed here too ><. Snow melts eventually though. But what is peanut better jelly without bread. Guess I’ll have to use Mag as the top slice and DB and the bottom slice to make my sandwich. Omnomnom.

so sayeth the great innuendo

in WvW

Posted by: saiyr.3071

saiyr.3071

I’d like to be the cheese in that sandwich.

[DERP] Saiyr, “bff” of Sgt Killjoy

in WvW

Posted by: Ejiofor.4801

Ejiofor.4801

An interesting and awesome track that seems to pop up on my playlist every time FA defends a keep or tower:

Gearstrip Jones, Engineer, Borlis Pass, [KPUP]
“Which Lo Pan? Little ol’ basket case on wheels, or the ten-foot-tall roadblock?!”
-Kurt Russell, Big Trouble in Little China

(edited by Ejiofor.4801)

in WvW

Saweth You Him.9047

Pretty dull day for FA. Mostly bag farming and JP. Guess I’ll substitute with the 1611 AKJV until things heat up again.

in WvW

Saweth You Him.9047

FA’s Tower or Keep attack theme:

Or if your Quenta Silmarillion

(edited by Saweth You Him.9047)

in WvW

Posted by: PaulV.3245

PaulV.3245

“I don’t know how it happened, but Mag ended up with a significantly higher amount of competitively minded players than other servers.”

Ya, where are they ? 1 Day after reset…. stuck in our N half of home bl, cannot even dare enter the other 2 bl, and holding eternal.

Competitive or complacent ?

Oh wait, Magz only shines during the week right … great stat.
Oh wait, Magz wants to be in t4 so thats why they not showin up … real competitve

in WvW

Posted by: dreztina.4820

dreztina.4820

Solo roaming doesn’t really achieve much as far as the WvW scoreboard is concerned (unless you’re scouting for your own zergballs + killing dolyaks) so I don’t get why competitive players would do it. High level competition in WvW consists of smashing doors while the opposition is at work.

Hopefully we can get a regular fight club going this week for some decent fights.

They do it, or at least should, because roaming is a far more interesting form of pvp than stale arena style battles which have zero unknown factors. In spvp, you know the exact where, what, when, who, how, and why before the timer even finishes counting down. In roaming, you don’t know any of that. Every fight is different. Takes a lot longer for roaming to get boring than spvp.

And I’ve given up on duels. It’s always the same story. 20+ Mag and two or three people from the other servers.

Out of Attunement – D/D Ele
Maguuma

in WvW

Posted by: Odaman.8359

Odaman.8359

Really just a wait and see situation at this point. It all depends on how they implement progression next month. If everyone in a zerg gets the same as a small group would for each kill then any hopes for a decent small group competitive scene is done. In daoc it was done to progress faster. Yes it was fun, but anyone that played warhammer when it went live could tell you that no matter how dull and boring it is, the fastest path of progression is what people will do. Keep trading, and in swotor kill trading in illum are proof to this.

Personally I have plenty of fun with a larger group, particularly when we end up facing a larger or equal sized group. It’s a zerg by all standards, but at least running from a fight isn’t necessary in most cases. I gave up quickly on any hopes of something similar to 8v8. They didn’t design the game for it…. all you can really do is find what will work and have fun with it while you wait for the next thing to get your hopes up

Odaman 80 Mesmer
Maguuma

(edited by Odaman.8359)

in WvW

Posted by: Commisar.8695

Commisar.8695

“I don’t know how it happened, but Mag ended up with a significantly higher amount of competitively minded players than other servers.”

Ya, where are they ? 1 Day after reset…. stuck in our N half of home bl, cannot even dare enter the other 2 bl, and holding eternal.

Competitive or complacent ?

Oh wait, Magz only shines during the week right … great stat.
Oh wait, Magz wants to be in t4 so thats why they not showin up … real competitve

You clearly don’t understand the concept of numbers, let me throw this idea out there. We don’t have the numbers to fight a perma 30 man capping everything, we don’t usually and we never will. It’s something we have to deal with and have had to deal with for as long as I can remember, it’s hard to hold anything un upgraded when outnumbered. Once upgrades are on stuff they stand more of a chance.

We’re not un-competitive because we field fairly equal number between weekend/weekday.

We don’t want to be in t3, a stated a lot of us are roamers, enjoy fights of skill not spam and t3 is a lot of spam and no skill, (I love you dragonbroom but you kind of get jittery about fighting with equal numbers sometime, though so do we’ and FA, bar BT, whom I have the upmost respect for, haven’t overly impressed me.

And just to summarize, I made you read this whole thing before I say that your version of competition is completely different to a roamers, You might think that ego bar on the top being mostly green makes you vastly better than the weaklings below you. But it doesn’t, it just means the others have less people. Whilst a roamers concept of competition is fighting decent players who put up a good fight and is a good sport, points have zero importance to someone who really enjoys roaming and all a supply camp is good for is to draw in potential fights. So yeah, we aren’t competitive if you want to win the war, but at winning the small battles, we’re pretty kitten competitive.

Colhearthlevel80ThiefWithAPet/BearhearthThe BoldLevel55BubbleTank/TushyhearthLevel18 CloneRPBot.

in WvW

Posted by: Niim.9260

Niim.9260

Really just a wait and see situation at this point. It all depends on how they implement progression next month. If everyone in a zerg gets the same as a small group would for each kill then any hopes for a decent small group competitive scene is done.

This is a big concern and something we have been talking about since they told us they were putting it in. In my opinion it could make or break WvW for a lot of people.

~ AoN ~

in WvW

Niim.9260

They do it, or at least should, because roaming is a far more interesting form of pvp than stale arena style battles which have zero unknown factors. In spvp, you know the exact where, what, when, who, how, and why before the timer even finishes counting down. In roaming, you don’t know any of that. Every fight is different. Takes a lot longer for roaming to get boring than spvp.

Thats not playing to win, thats playing to have interesting fights. Which is the opposite of being a competitive player.

Wouldn’t an interesting fight be one that is competitive? I fail to see why interesting precludes competitive.

~ AoN ~

in WvW

Posted by: xxxzavulonxxx.8413

xxxzavulonxxx.8413

Thats not playing to win, thats playing to have interesting fights. Which is the opposite of being a competitive player.

Wouldn’t an interesting fight be one that is competitive? I fail to see why interesting precludes competitive.

AoN and OG treats WvW as open world pvp. I think that’s what he means.

Just people having different viewpoints as to how wvw should be really.

[SU]

(edited by xxxzavulonxxx.8413)

in WvW

Posted by: Gongke.8576

Gongke.8576

I had an okay time today in Maguuma’s borderland (my own). It felt slow, but it was cool to see it go from about 30% ours to almost entirely (had one tower to go when I left). It beat what happened when I tried going into EB last week – got steamrolled by an enormous invisible Team Legacy group a few times and then gave up.

What’s up with these invulnerable spots by supply camps though? Seems insane that they wouldn’t have been fixed if they’re as easily exploited as it seems they are. I saw a few different groups hiding in them, and then going in and out. This is a genuine question, I’ve barely done WvW and in search results most people reply like they are old news – so are they intentional, or what?

http://i.imgur.com/GA1oLCK.jpg

in WvW

Niim.9260

I just keep getting more and more tempted to transfer to a server facing Maguuma so I’d finally have worthy opponents in wvw.

I didn’t see much difference today to be honest, Maguuma was balled up into big zergs too. Was a zergy day.

Maguuma definitely has zergers too, but it also has the largest roaming community at least of any server we’ve ever fought and probably any server in the game. There’s a reason eall duels end up with Mag players outnumbering the other two servers combined by like a 5:1 ratio. I don’t know how it happened, but Mag ended up with a significantly higher amount of competitively minded players than other servers.

The difference is not as obvious as you might think, but feel free to give it a whirl and see for yourself.

~ AoN ~

in WvW

Niim.9260

What’s up with these invulnerable spots by supply camps though? Seems insane that they wouldn’t have been fixed if they’re as easily exploited as it seems they are. I saw a few different groups hiding in them, and then going in and out. This is a genuine question, I’ve barely done WvW and in search results most people reply like they are old news – so are they intentional, or what?

They are the result of bad zone clipping, specifically of the invulnerable zone around the spawn area.

~ AoN ~

in WvW

Posted by: Fomby.4295

Fomby.4295

I’d like to be the cheese in that sandwich.

Who is putting cheese on a peanut butter and jelly sandwhich!?!?!?

Maguuma [PYRO]
Kal Snow – Norn Guardian

in WvW

Posted by: Richard Nixon.6573

Richard Nixon.6573

That awkward moment when you get found by FA while inside Maguuma’s keep…

-1-800-GUILD-WAR? They can’t have my ’Brand… I have special eyes.
-Look, look with your special eyes!
-My Dragonbrand!

in WvW

Posted by: DarthBenedict.3410

DarthBenedict.3410

It’s about motivation. Playing to win is competitive, playing in a way which is more fun but less likely to score points is not (Not saying one playstyle is better than the other).

[WäR]

in WvW

Posted by: Sepsis.1564

Sepsis.1564

Solo roaming doesn’t really achieve much as far as the WvW scoreboard is concerned (unless you’re scouting for your own zergballs + killing dolyaks) so I don’t get why competitive players would do it. High level competition in WvW consists of smashing doors while the opposition is at work.

Hopefully we can get a regular fight club going this week for some decent fights.

And I’ve given up on duels. It’s always the same story. 20+ Mag and two or three people from the other servers.

Elementalist Warrior Mesmer
Bush Hog [OINK] Devona’s Rest

in WvW

Posted by: Brow.9425

Brow.9425

From the Maguuma side of things, I think it’s clear that Maguuma is trying to throw the match. Because the cure for 5 solid weeks of 1-sided matches is more 1-sided matches. Because Maguuma borderlands with the home advantage is the only borderlands worth playing. Being forced into any of the other 3 servers is unacceptable and we won’t stop throwing matches until our home borderlands is permanently under the pop cap.

Rathan Kelet — Maguuma

in WvW

Posted by: Sepsis.1564

Sepsis.1564

I really don’t care if we win the match.. it’s all about the small man

Taking on greater numbers… fun and challenging, win or lose.

Elementalist Warrior Mesmer
Bush Hog [OINK] Devona’s Rest

in WvW

saiyr.3071

From the Maguuma side of things, I think it’s clear that Maguuma is trying to throw the match. Because the cure for 5 solid weeks of 1-sided matches is more 1-sided matches. Because Maguuma borderlands with the home advantage is the only borderlands worth playing. Being forced into any of the other 3 servers is unacceptable and we won’t stop throwing matches until our home borderlands is permanently under the pop cap.

We’re not purposely trying to throw the match, a lot of us are just seriously burned out right now.

in WvW

Posted by: Bunzy.8674

Bunzy.8674

Are there any guilds worth note in this match up?

Bunzy – I’m a mother father gentleman
Maguuma
WvW Roaming Videos

in WvW

Posted by: HermanVanderpoop.6743

HermanVanderpoop.6743

Black Talons seems to still be pretty good. Don’t know if you have seen them, but they move like a bot train and kill like a pain train.

TGH – The Greatest Huggers
Tarnished Coast

in WvW

Posted by: zastari.1730

zastari.1730

I think Bunzy is looking for guilds that move in groups of less than 30.

Tsarazi – 80 Asuran Mesmer [DERP]
Maguuma

in WvW

Posted by: Quenta.2978

Quenta.2978

We’re not purposely trying to throw the match, a lot of us are just seriously burned out right now.

Just go out and kill people, that is where the fun is. The points don’t matter.

in WvW

saiyr.3071

Just go out and kill people, that is where the fun is. The points don’t matter.

There are a lot of factors as to why I’m not doing that, one is running on 3 hours of sleep right now. We have been doing some silly troll ganking, but yeah. :P

in WvW

Saweth You Him.9047

This match is much more one sided than the last time we met. I wish people’s philosophy was to play for points. Otherwise why not have a ‘see who can kill the most dead stuff the fastest in Orr’ track meet. But that is the way of things. There will always be bad apples.

in WvW

Posted by: Pinko.2076

Pinko.2076

This match is much more one sided than the last time we met. I wish people’s philosophy was to play for points. Otherwise why not have a ‘see who can kill the most dead stuff the fastest in Orr’ track meet. But that is the way of things. There will always be bad apples.

I wish people’s philosophy was to have fun when playing video games.

in WvW

Posted by: ktith.6197

ktith.6197

Throwing the matchup or not is irrelevant. There are many many Maguumans and others that are “tired” from WvW and not putting as much heart into it as they once did and others that are leveling up alts just to keep the game “interesting” until some of these next massive updates come along. Just saying.

I saw some complaints about Mag defending up things further back in this thread. Are our enemies really just all about zergs and zerging…is that what WvW is to you? Sorry if we have caused you to actually have to drag your entire zerg to take one location and make you work for it….I mean isn’t that the purpose of spending all that time, gold, and running back and forth from supply camps…or am I thinking of some other game? I’m pretty sure you’ll get plenty of PvD overnights though.

Cmdr. Xandria Wolfkin
[RED] Devona’s Rest

in WvW

Posted by: kerona.3465

kerona.3465

I reckon a lot of DB and Mag are burnt out from Kaineng last week for various reasons.

Maguuma [PYRO]
Oblyth, Mes ~ Nadeshiko Naito, War ~ Hwertu, Gua
Evenree, Necro (M) ~ Ran Still Died, Thief

in WvW

Posted by: Bunzy.8674

Bunzy.8674

Black Talons seems to still be pretty good. Don’t know if you have seen them, but they move like a bot train and kill like a pain train.

I saw them earlier in their group of 30 attacking anyone they outnumber.

Bunzy – I’m a mother father gentleman
Maguuma
WvW Roaming Videos

in WvW

Posted by: Nocturnal Lunacy.8563

Nocturnal Lunacy.8563

Glad to see FA back. If we are going to lose, let us lose to players that know what they are doing.

Um…there is some brown stuff on your nose, here let me get that. ewww no sorry that stinks!

Forever Against Stacked Servers
Virual [VRUS] Alien Lunatics [StFu] Nocturnal Sxaddx [Nuts] Ft. Aspenwood
That which is dead may eternally lie, but with great aeons even death may die.

in WvW

Posted by: kfarb.6732

kfarb.6732

There seems to be a misconception that Maguuma does not care about points. This is simply not true. Maguuma holds the record for the most infraction points over any other server in the history of GW2. I challenge any other server to compete with us on our level.

Maguuma – considered by many to be the best

(edited by kfarb.6732)

in WvW

Posted by: Pendragon.8735

Pendragon.8735

Can you please try your best? We’re doing massive amounts of PvE over here on our end.

Lol, we are, our objective was to get such a big weekend lead to drive them off coming out in such force. Going good, but its more up to CDs off hours ppl. If they rally not much we can do without the numbers then.

Not sure why we would want FA and DB tbh though, been there and its not competitive.

in WvW

Posted by: Joseph.7213

Joseph.7213

Great night to be playing in Magumma BL. Plenty of fun to be had. Looking forward to the rest of the week!

rip hopes and dreams for supported 3v3 arenas