[Feedback] Cloaking Waters fountain for SMC

in WvW

Posted by: Karizee.8076

Karizee.8076

Regarding today’s reveal of the 2 min invisibility buff for teams that hold SMC to T3, I think it may give an even greater advantage to the stronger server in a match, exacerbating runaway scores and snowbally matches.

Have you folks considered giving this buff to the Outnumbered team? If they were Outnumbered for >2hours?

in WvW

Posted by: CrimsonNeonite.1048

CrimsonNeonite.1048

The airship things seems such a bad idea, it’s already hard to take a T3 SM as it is.

They said they were going to fix the coverage/night capping issue eventually, the
problem is they are just making WvW a gimmick mode, rather than competitive, if they add more of these things. Keep EB free of gimmicks.

Scrubio
Plays completely opposite professions to his main Teef.

(edited by CrimsonNeonite.1048)

in WvW

Posted by: displayname.8315

displayname.8315

So like you can show up anywhere on the map without be noticed if you have T3 SMC?

Airship is fine by me it is way easy to take SM at any tier as it is. The outer walls of smc can be brought down by trebs inside nearby structures even the red keep can treb smc.

JQ subsidiary

in WvW

Posted by: Exciton.8942

Exciton.8942

I completely don’t understand the logic behind this stealth fountain thing.
People really hate stealth but they are adding more.

in WvW

Posted by: Nomad.4301

Nomad.4301

I can just picture the perma-stealthed golem rushes now, made worse by the fact that only servers that are already totally dominating can even get a T3 SM. I guess we might see some use out of those Stealth Disruptor Traps after all.

Come to think of it, you might be able to do a stealth golem rush with the new Scrapper elites too.

in WvW

Posted by: Wryscher.1432

Wryscher.1432

Did they actually say stealth in the video? And what is the description on the disrupt or traps. I’m only asking because as bad as this idea seems, it will be much worse if they decide ‘invisible’ is not broken by a stealth disruptor.

[Sane]-Order of the Insane Disorder
Melanessa-Necromancer Cymaniel-Scrapper
Minikata-Guardian Shadyne-Elementalist -FA-

in WvW

Posted by: Reverence.6915

Reverence.6915

ANet is completely out of touch with the WvW community and it shows in the development of WvW for HoT.

Expac sucks for WvW players. Asura master race
Beastgate | Faerie Law
Currently residing on SBI

in WvW

Posted by: Ravezaar.4951

Ravezaar.4951

just another reason for me to stay away from EB, not like I spend a huge amount of time in that Lag-infested Zone anyhow…. tought the Airship thing looked cool and with a huge CD dont see it as OP either.

Underjordens Furste 80 Necro Piken-server
Servant of Dhuum

in WvW

Posted by: Memphisjz.1405

Memphisjz.1405

I actually like both ideas !

Please don’t nerf / remove them due to people already complaining before trying them.

I believe WvW people / commanders just need to change their ideas.
If i remember correctly, The point of a 3 way fight was intended that the 2 weakest servers team up vs the winning server. However, this is rarely the case, commanders of the 2nd best server just double team on the weakest server already under attack by the strongest. People just farm the paper towers and rarely bother with T3 stuff (there are exceptions, of course).

Hopefully now this will change a bit. Scared of a T3 SM? scared of getting bombed when attacking it? Don’t let SM reach T3 it’s that easy. If 1 server goes after the Towers / Keep of the SM owner, the third server has an easy time for SM. Outer walls can be trebbed, 1 gate can be rammed in less that a minute.

While i don’t want to insult anyone or try to sound smarter than some players, i do believe a large percentage of WvW population are spoiled brats. they expext to capture every objective without hardly any resistance. Siege Weapons are ridicoulously cheap, cause the current game hardly requires you to use a lot of them. i’m a 100% fan of having epic siege wars, 10+ trebuchets on each side, small groups with ballista’s to take out siege, …

Anyway, i could keep going on like this. The point is, maybe change is good! wait it out and see. Maybe commanders have to stop double teaming the weakest enemy, and unite against the strongest!

Hylo Hammerswing [AoA]
Treb Master of the Shiverpeaks

in WvW

Posted by: gavyne.6847

gavyne.6847

People don’t “let” SM get to T3, unless a server is dominating the match and have the coverage to upgrade SMC to T3. So yes I agree with the OP that 2min stealth will be op for the server already capable of upgrading SM to T3.

There needs to be less stealth in this game, not more. Guilds running 2-3 mesmers can already veil a whole zerg unto unsuspecting enemies. It takes skill, coordination, and creativity to pull veils & portal bombs off. But that’s part of the fun. We don’t need 2 min long stealth that a whole blob can have access to, especially the blob capable of upgrading SM to T3.

Stealth fountain needs to be reduced to 30 seconds or less. You can get too far with a 2 min stealth.

in WvW

Posted by: Kraljevo.2801

Kraljevo.2801

2 minutes is way too long. You can cross the entire map in 2 minutes with a thief or a warrior if you want. It should give 30 seconds maximum to allow people within the castle to reposition themselves, not more. Additionally, increase the cooldown. 2 minutes stealth with a 2 minute cooldown is overkill, ANet.

in WvW

Posted by: tyrellian.3706

tyrellian.3706

I’d say it just needs to be got rid of, period. If one side’s dominating enough that they can T3 stonemist, they really don’t need any stealth buff, of any duration, because this will ensure they keep their T3 stonemist.

This will just open the gap further between whoever’s leading and the other two.

Something far more reasonable would be to put this mechanic on the EB keeps instead of SMC.

in WvW

Posted by: apharma.3741

apharma.3741

And you all cried about PU, you fools!

Jokes aside, this is a very bad idea as whoever has SM essentially can sneaky omega golems right up to your T3 keep and flip it in a minute or two and you won’t know till they’re right on you.

This is also assuming they don’t get the outer walls down via trebs from SM. If they do that first whoever has red keep is up the creek all match up.

in WvW

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

Obviously what this game needs is more stealth.

in WvW

Posted by: Trinnitty.8256

Trinnitty.8256

anet can’t balance there game very well in wvw or pve. So lets add more stuff that gets us further out of balance. Just because tools are being added to wvw doesn’t make it more fun or competitive. Lets add more fluff for fluff sake and sell it to the f2p players as its awesome upgrade. Forget about the basics, you know competitive nature of matching servers together. Adding more junk to an already troubled game mode.

in WvW

Posted by: azyume.6321

azyume.6321

Bad idea. We don’t need more stealth, specially in the middle of the map that can give you access to any keep fast.

As pointed out, if SMC is tier 3 is because the match is lopsided or was done during a dead time zone to the other two servers. Last thing needed is to give advantage to the dominant server.

If could vote, I’d say no to the fountain buff, unless you know, give the other servers the tool to group up and make the dragoncall dance so can summon Claw of Jormag right on top of SMC with that, almost endless, fear and ice chilling breath.

Guardian Commander
Thief / Mesmer / Elementalist / Warrior / Necromancer / Ranger / Engineer / Revenant
Crystal Desert – Eredon Terrace – Fort Aspenwood – Stormbluff Isle

in WvW

Posted by: Cecilia.5179

Cecilia.5179

I feel like they were looking at how in T1 WvW, there is no incentive to upgrade smc, or even to hold it when it has no supply.

Necromancer Rights Advocate
Restart WvW: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/wuv/Clean-The-Slate/first#post6208959
#CleanTheSlate

in WvW

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

F2P spy accounts will counter the SM stealth, I suppose.