Feedback on Beta Specializations

in WvW

Posted by: aandiarie.7195

aandiarie.7195

A friend who knows their wvw stuff said Spellbreaker and Scourge are cool.
They said the guard skills were too slow. They liked holo and weaver.

I want to try out deadeye.

I heard the beta in wvw has been causing lag and crashing. So hopefully that can be fixed.

I’m about to try out some of the things and will get back to this post.

(edited by aandiarie.7195)

in WvW

Posted by: Ragnarox.9601

Ragnarox.9601

Firebrand is worst elite spec in pof for wvw and pvp. Maybe one step higher than renegade.

in WvW

Posted by: Blodeuyn.2751

Blodeuyn.2751

Weaver is very lackluster. I seriously doubt I’ll even touch it when live. No issues with lag or crashing for me.

Blodeuyn Tylwyth
Quaggan OP [QOP], League of Extraordinary Siegers [LEXS]
Ehmry Bay

in WvW

Posted by: Tongku.5326

Tongku.5326

Firebrand is worst elite spec in pof for wvw and pvp. Maybe one step higher than renegade.

I disagree with you. All you have to do is ditch condi and axe, much like you’d run DH without a bow. Just focus on the support traits of it.

Axe is definetly a sucky weapon for WVW both in large and small scale. It needs to be either all insta or have its range vastly increased. But if you go for old fashioned functionality, you have tons more stab, group stunbreaker and all comes with tons more cleansing while providing mad amounts of quickness.

Heavy Deedz – COSA – SF

in WvW

Posted by: primatos.5413

primatos.5413

As if they wanted feedback .. they just want to build up hype for the expansion ..

Lügen-Anet Anet-Lügen

in WvW

Posted by: Clownmug.8357

Clownmug.8357

It’s funny seeing history repeat itself. Everyone’s saying their main profession’s elite is terrible, just like the first HoT beta weekend. I guess if there’s another one of these weekends the devs will probably buff everything across the board. Then we’ll have a year or two of whining about the PoF power creep.

in WvW

Posted by: Choppy.4183

Choppy.4183

It’s funny seeing history repeat itself. Everyone’s saying their main profession’s elite is terrible, just like the first HoT beta weekend. I guess if there’s another one of these weekends the devs will probably buff everything across the board. Then we’ll have a year or two of whining about the PoF power creep.

Pretty much.

I’m Biff Rangoon, and I approved this message.
Ehmry Bay | Omg Brb Icecream Truck (ICEE)

in WvW

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

I liked deadeye because I was pretty decent with handling the rifle after just an hour of play, as opposed to d/p meta thief/dd that I just cant handle (even though I have no doubt the later will still be superior in WvW due to roflstomp evade and teleport exploits).

Only other elite I’ve tried so far is holosmith and even as a 90% scrapper main it was just… meh. Complete loss of small scale utility (no ranged stomp, no stab/bunkering for res) for what seems to me like added damage, another mechanic to keep track on and facerolling the keyboard for random effects on short cooldowns. I think that those that like meta warriors will like it – I dont like meta warriors and cant play them either.

in WvW

Posted by: Junkpile.7439

Junkpile.7439

Every spec seems to be total cancer. Most of spec seems to be immune damage like 80% of time.

Low quality trolling since launch
Seafarer’s Rest EotM grinch

in WvW

Posted by: Swamurabi.7890

Swamurabi.7890

I like how Anet added barrier to tax the server load that already can’t handle all the boons and conditions being thrown around.

in WvW

Posted by: Spurnshadow.3678

Spurnshadow.3678

I haven’t played them too much, but my first impressions:

Guardian. With practice, this could be crazy powerful. Tons of aoe quickness, tons of aegis, more stab, more cleanses and support. Seems a bit clunky at the moment though. Axe is meh, but it’s another choice in the kitten nal, and a dedicated condi weapon. Whole spec seems condi based. Overall, a big option.

Thief. Again, with practice this could be really fun and super trolly. I like how they are balancing the high dps with lack of mobility. Wish they did that with the rifle warrior, but whatever. Definately takes some getting used to. Definately not for zerg fights. Time will tell whether the lack of mobility will be it’s downfall and people will just revert to daredevil but it’s a good option to play with.

Mesmer: This is a total fail, imo. Most of the other classes I’ve played have major changes. Like the guardian gets an axe, big deal. But it also gets 3 new skill bars with every virtue. That’s a lot. Mesmer doesn’t get this. It does get an ambush skill, like a special thief stealth attack, but the timing needs to be improved as there’s a very short window to utilize it. There’s a lack of control regarding mirrors. Clone ai is an improvement, but that’s something that should be done as a whole. I tried and tried to understand where they were going with this, but can’t figure it out. The axe is a terrible weapon as it’s melee range condi weapon, so it’s just better to use a scepter and stay at a safer distance. Without having crunched any numbers they seem to be about the same damage. But since you cant spec chrono, you can’t use a shield. It’s nice to be able to generate an extra clone with your utility skills, but some of them seemed lackluster. Over all, I don’t see this replacing anything in WvW, even for roaming. It’s like they had an idea of something but couldn’t refine it into anything good.

Elementalist: Briefly played with this and it’s very cool. New weapon, the sword, which opens up 12 new skills for the ele. Add to that the combo attunement skills, a #3 like with the thief, that changes depending on your attunment choices and weapons. That opens up your options even more. A lot of work went into this and I think it’s a great addition and increases the skill level of the ele. How many times have we cycled through our attunements only to skip stuff we knew we didn’t need? Now we can have a much more robust rotation. There’s more survivability with the new barrier trait, and lots of it in this class. Doesn’t seem to favor either power or condi, like most ele things. But it’s definitely not, as far as my first impression, something for large group combat. Seems much more appropriate for smaller scale and roaming, as it lacks the plethora of tempest aoe attacks and support. Overall, seems really good. Might be OP in the right hands.

Warrior: didn’t test but I hear it’s great at boons stripping.

Necro: Seems like it could be good, but I don’t get it. There’s no death shroud. On paper, yeah, there’s a ton of boon corruption, really, too much. It’s overpowered. This could be great for WvW. But like half of the necro traits centers around death shroud skills, like gaining buffs or applying condition when you use shroud 1 or whatever. That doens’t exist here. Some of these traits are the adept ones, so you can’t even spec out of it. They are basically trying to make the necro into a different class, and it just doesn’t work in the theme and traits. That’s very dissapointing. But the skills are ideal for large group combat. Centers totally around condi, so not much choice there. Again, dissapointed with that.

Revinent: I’ve heard others say this was the worst and I can’t disagree more. This is insainly op for WvW, small or large scale combat, but it would be best at large group. Massive buffs to allies and tons of damage output. I think the negative comments really haven’t looked into the traits and how everything works together. Really really overpowered. The skills seem to use up a bit too much engergy. Again, specs heavily into condi, but seems like the traits can work with power if you drop the bow. Bow is condi.

Engi: Don’t play engi much.

Ranger: Don’t play ranger much. I hear bad things.

Overall:

I have very mixed feelings about these new specs. They seem to be pushing condi damage big time with most of these and introducing more condi removal via the guard. Unfortunately, there doesn’t seem to be another class that’s pumping out lots of resistance, like the rev. The rev PoF spec also has lots of condi damage reduction in it, making it more necessary as a protection class in a group. They didn’t introduce another spec with lots of resistance and I can only recall one skill on another class that had resistance. No matter how many cleanses your group has, resistance is a must, especially with the necro having a ton of boon corruption [edit: honestly, there’s so much boon corruption here, add to that the existing boon corruption, and it doesn’t matter what your reistance is. It will be stripped and I see this needing a massive nerf ir it will be the end of WvW], the warrior with boon removal, and the massive condi damage that will come form revs, necros, guards, and what have you, this seems like the inevitable meta shift, and I find that a shame.

There already was way too much damage being put out with HoT, and it seems that it is only going to get worse with PoF. They really need to increase the base toughness/vitality of classes to compensate if they don’t tone down the damage. I doubt they will, however.

I’m glad to see some classes got some really cool and interesting specs that truly drastically change them. That’s great and it keeps things fresh and makes us all have to sit down and rethink group comp, builds, etc. Maybe some of you don’t like that, but I know lots who live for it.

Blackgate Native. It takes tremendous strength and skill to pull a lever.

(edited by Spurnshadow.3678)

in WvW

Posted by: rdfaye.4368

rdfaye.4368

Ranger: Since they did not give us access to the new pets in WvW, it’s hard to give a complete review.

My 2 cents: Dagger is awkward and meh. It is a condi weapon, but Soulbeast appears to do better with power builds.

Merged pets are interesting; to me it feels clunky and weak. New pets may work better, but see above. And the animations are sad compared to the beautiful ones I see other classes have. Would like to have an aura that identifies the pet we are merged with, instead of the druid tree we now have.

Edited to add: RL is very busy this weekend, so I couldn’t do a lot of testing.

(edited by rdfaye.4368)

in WvW

Posted by: Jim Hunter.6821

Jim Hunter.6821

The ranger spec has potential but it feels very half done at the moment. So many traits/skills activate on pet swap or just rely on having a pet and when you enter beastmode they don’t do anything. It also doesn’t help the only useful stance (dolyak) isn’t working at the moment.

It is fantastic being able to stow the pet in combat, most of the pet skills you gain are pretty decent, and compared to the boringness that was druid this spec offers a lot more versatility.

Also known as Puck when my account isn’t suspended
LGN

in WvW

Posted by: Kron.6938

Kron.6938

Guess you haven’t seen the PVP side of the weekend.

Kron [TEST]

in WvW

Posted by: DevilishLyx.2340

DevilishLyx.2340

Ele spec is all about more damage.

Where’s the love for my water ele?!

in WvW

Posted by: Jana.6831

Jana.6831

Of course it will. The idea behind how to sell their expansion is flawed.
I’m maining D/D power thief. Has been destroyed on June 2015 (vanilla traits – have been destroyed once more with the current patch and there’s no end in sight), Daredevil has got nothing for power D/D, Deadeye has got nothing. But I can’t even take the utility when not being an elite. So yeah, you don’t want me as a player, I get it. I do wonder how this is supposed to work out. They lost the majority of competitive players because there’s just no balance because they want to sell their expansion. I do wonder if it’s worth it in the end.

in WvW

Posted by: babazhook.6805

babazhook.6805

Of course it will. The idea behind how to sell their expansion is flawed.
I’m maining D/D power thief. Has been destroyed on June 2015 (vanilla traits – have been destroyed once more with the current patch and there’s no end in sight), Daredevil has got nothing for power D/D, Deadeye has got nothing. But I can’t even take the utility when not being an elite. So yeah, you don’t want me as a player, I get it. I do wonder how this is supposed to work out. They lost the majority of competitive players because there’s just no balance because they want to sell their expansion. I do wonder if it’s worth it in the end.

Actually I see potential for d/d power in the DE spec. I just do not have enough time to test as there just too many other builds i want to try.

In particular I am looking at higher access to stealth via the Elite trait and other utilities. The trait Unforgiving which can replace Basilisks to a degree, revealed malice which gives more damage to your backstab and Be quick or be killed.

This used in conjunction should make that backstab hit very hard and that added damage should carry over for some time into regular attacks especially if it your mark and you have some malice stacks on.

Out of the Utiliities, shadow gust and binding shadow could have potential in the d/d build . The first a source of stealth and AOE knockback/knockdown and the second applying an Immob or knockdown along with 15 stacks of vuln. The latter can see you set up a Cnd wherein the target is knocked down, you stealth and come out of it with 20 stacks vuln on the enemy. I am just trying to figure out how to address the lack of a port to engage. (infiltrators signet perhaps)

All theoretical of course but much more potential then DrD for a d/d power build IMO.

(edited by babazhook.6805)

in WvW

Posted by: Jana.6831

Jana.6831

baba: No port on steal = you will have no port at all. Traitwise and so on there is potential, but steal no port = dealbreaker. It’s hard enough as it is.
And no, the 3 dodges are a major + and that seems what most deadeyes seem to be missing. Daredevil is completely and utterly overpowered – and I still wonder what will happen to the HoT elites.

ETA: And I have troubles to bring my point across: I don’t mind if there’s nothing new that’s ‘suited’ for me as long as I can play what I was used to. That alone is no argument to buy something, true. And I get that making an elite that suits all sets won’t work – then why not make the utility accessible when having hot/pof? Why am I completelyy locked out of any new ‘content’ when chosing to play a different set? (Which still is broken because anet probably don’t know too much about thief).

(edited by Jana.6831)

in WvW

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

Condis are a bit on the high side as well as the lack of good counter to them. Maybe light auras need to cut condi dmg more then just 10% as well as frost aura being strong vs physical dmg.

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

in WvW

Posted by: Cerby.1069

Cerby.1069

Pretty much.

ENGINEERS been pretty quiet though …hehe

I kill you in one gunflame, or I kill you in two.
The Tiny Yuno Sniper of Ebay [EBAY]

in WvW

Posted by: XenesisII.1540

XenesisII.1540

Necro: Seems like it could be good, but I don’t get it. There’s no death shroud. On paper, yeah, there’s a ton of boon corruption, really, too much. It’s overpowered. This could be great for WvW. But like half of the necro traits centers around death shroud skills, like gaining buffs or applying condition when you use shroud 1 or whatever. That doens’t exist here.

Some of these traits are the adept ones, so you can’t even spec out of it. They are basically trying to make the necro into a different class, and it just doesn’t work in the theme and traits. That’s very dissapointing. But the skills are ideal for large group combat. Centers totally around condi, so not much choice there. Again, dissapointed with that.

The new shroud f1-f5 skills is basically having shroud on all the time. Dhuumfire is used by the f1 Manifest Sand Shade, path of corruption is used by the f2 Nefarious Favor, etc. Instead of life force being your extra health bar, it’s now a resource meter to use those skills, and they now use the barriers/shields to help replace the extra life bar. The f5 desert shroud is the turn on shroud skill, when you activate it but it basically turns you into a short duration plaguelands, which I think speed of shadows trait should work on too.

A couple of the punishment skills feel good like Trail of Anguish which replaces spectral walk, and Sand Swell which is a nice little portal that can be used for quick bombing situations. The elite could use some work. Was surprised at the low cooldown for Nefarious Favor, and figure it may get nerfed to 8-10s instead after this.

Yes it was jarring at first playing this over death shroud and reaper, but I got use to it and really like using the sand shade for extra area control, and it was nice to have access to the “shroud skills” without needing to be in “shroud”. It really is a different and good optional way to play along with reaper.

Another derailing post. ^^
North Keep: One of the village residents will now flee if their home is destroyed.
“I knew it, I’m surrounded by…” – Dark Helmet