Feedback on GUI changes

Feedback on GUI changes

in WvW

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

Why in all that is holy was this change made?

Why???

It’s annoying as all hell.

It’s like two googly eyes just staring at you in your peripheral vision O______O

Anet. Please. This was pointless. And tbh, kind of stupid.

Attachments:

Feedback on GUI changes

in WvW

Posted by: BlazeQ.1095

BlazeQ.1095

There wasn’t enough clutter on the screen to potentially block ground targeting skills. This change HAD to be made in order to nerf ground target skills.

Cold Beerdrinker
PB Officer
NSP

Feedback on GUI changes

in WvW

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

I think it’s very nice; it communicates your server’s current placement in the skirmish.

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

Feedback on GUI changes

in WvW

Posted by: Offair.2563

Offair.2563

Lucky this change has been notified in patch notes once again!

Big Babou, Ranger for life.
Madness Rises [Rise] – Banners Hold.
Don’t argue with idiots, they pull you down their level and own you with experience.

Feedback on GUI changes

in WvW

Dawdler.8521

I think it’s very nice; it communicates your server’s current placement in the skirmish.

What placement?

Yellow towers?

Is that 2nd or 3rd place?

Is 1st place pink gerbils?

Feedback on GUI changes

in WvW

Posted by: Famine.7915

Famine.7915

+1

Get rid of them please. I am sure it shouldn’t be much of an issue…

Vee/Volk
Maguuma – Predatory Instinct [HUNT]
Necromancer

Feedback on GUI changes

in WvW

Posted by: Xenesis.6389

Xenesis.6389

What placement?

Yellow towers?

Is that 2nd or 3rd place?

Is 1st place pink gerbils?

Probably gold for 1st, silver for 2nd, bronze for 3rd.

There was pics of the new ui art were released few months ago I think.

But yeah more visual clutter.

Another derailing post. ^^
North Keep: One of the village residents will now flee if their home is destroyed.
“Game over man, Game Over!” – RIP Bill

Feedback on GUI changes

in WvW

Posted by: Jim Hunter.6821

Jim Hunter.6821

It’s too high up, please place it directly in the middle of the screen.

Also known as Puck when my account isn’t suspended
LGN

Feedback on GUI changes

in WvW

Posted by: Aury.1367

Aury.1367

You know what, I saw that_shaman’s datamining for those symbols and was like
“oh gosh, maybe an event, a surprise tournament???”
and now its like:
“wtf has changed, oh wat. We got 2 tower symbols with different colours?”
Well, I dont know which Dev is working on wvw, but I tell you what: Get a password for you PC, your 5 year old daughter is secretly drawing towers and paints them and uploads them into the UI. Stop her please. No childish behaviour.

Feedback on GUI changes

in WvW

Posted by: Jacion.6302

Jacion.6302

Yall being foolish, these are clearly arrows that allow you to distinguish a quaaality treb cow shots aoe size

Feedback on GUI changes

in WvW

Posted by: Natto.5819

Natto.5819

Maybe make them as big as mini map? That is what we call QoL improvement!

Feedback on GUI changes

in WvW

Posted by: Jim Hunter.6821

Jim Hunter.6821

That would be acceptable as long as they also change it so that anytime you land a critical hit the screen flashes with ’60 era batman fight words like “biff!” and “whammo!”

Attachments:

Also known as Puck when my account isn’t suspended
LGN

Feedback on GUI changes

in WvW

Posted by: Jerus.4350

Jerus.4350

That would be acceptable as long as they also change it so that anytime you land a critical hit the screen flashes with ’60 era batman fight words like “biff!” and “whammo!”

HAHA, I had an overlay that did that back when I played Everquest.

Feedback on GUI changes

in WvW

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

but its shiny! dont u like it? shiiiiiny!

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

Feedback on GUI changes

in WvW

Posted by: Teon.5168

Teon.5168

Come on. This is so they can say, ‘hey, we’re working on wvw!….see????’

Forum discussions -
Mmo players with a screw loose vs mmo players with two screws loose. All very important stuff.
-Zenleto-

Feedback on GUI changes

in WvW

Posted by: Justine.6351

Justine.6351

They should put the anet logo over them for eyelashes/brows ;-)

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/File:Arenanet-logo-400-whitebg.jpg

Feedback on GUI changes

in WvW

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

mybe they are changing some visual stuff first as preparation for other things that they might change … ???? o.O

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

Feedback on GUI changes

in WvW

Teon.5168

mybe they are changing some visual stuff first as preparation for other things that they might change … ???? o.O

Hey now, you know better than to get anyone’s hopes up!!!

Forum discussions -
Mmo players with a screw loose vs mmo players with two screws loose. All very important stuff.
-Zenleto-

Feedback on GUI changes

in WvW

Posted by: Cerby.1069

Cerby.1069

Why don’t u just make us all play in windowed mode for now on? You keep increasing the screen clutter with cheesey icons all over. It completely breaks the immersion. I feel like I’m playing some timed meta event more and more as time goes by. Would it kill you to allow us some immersion?

Stop trying to fix things…its just not working. Literally look at how little screen space I have in that scenario! Snd that’s not including all the special event icons and timers that will pop up (you can slightly compact them but they are still huge when packed together). The only thing i can do is turn everything off including my skill bar……u need to allow us to choose what we want allowed on our screen. All screen ui needs to be a separate hideable option.

Attachments:

I kill you in one gunflame, or I kill you in two.
The Tiny Yuno Sniper of Ebay [EBAY]

(edited by Cerby.1069)

Feedback on GUI changes

in WvW

Posted by: UnSpokened.6035

UnSpokened.6035

more things to worry about then a small visual change…

TC → BG → TC → DB → TC → Mag
1500+WvW/PvP
s1/s2 Diamond/s3 Legend

Feedback on GUI changes

in WvW

Jacion.6302

Sometimes you put on a nice dress before a funeral

Feedback on GUI changes

in WvW

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

We need less crap on the screen, not more. The timer is okay but it really should be movable. Why is the UI so inflexible?

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

Feedback on GUI changes

in WvW

Posted by: Blockhead Magee.3092

Blockhead Magee.3092

What a waste of pixels!

SBI

Feedback on GUI changes

in WvW

Posted by: Jana.6831

Jana.6831

We need less crap on the screen, not more. The timer is okay but it really should be movable. Why is the UI so inflexible?

+1

And can we also get rid of the “XY JUST TOOK AB”?
Make it an option. I’m always in the middle of the fight yelling “THAT’S GREAT!! I STILL DON’T GIVE A KITTEN!!” and hey, I’m usually no ragey person.

Feedback on GUI changes

in WvW

Posted by: Natto.5819

Natto.5819

That dev is an artist. I would like to see the details more close so I can appreciate the quality. Maybe icon can grow larger the longer you spent time in WvW? The bigger it gets, that means you winning!

Feedback on GUI changes

in WvW

Posted by: Turk.5460

Turk.5460

Oh. My. God.
Who the heck cares?

-Fort Aspenwood- [UNIV] [TLC] [ShW]
-Sorrow’s Furnace-

Feedback on GUI changes

in WvW

Posted by: Shazmataz.1423

Shazmataz.1423

Please take it away, there’s too much clutter as is from my perspective as a caster.

And those pop up blah,blah server just took blah blah objective wrecked many a cast in wvw. That stuff can go too or please make it a toggle for those who like it and want it on.

Feedback on GUI changes

in WvW

Posted by: Chaba.5410

Chaba.5410

Oh. My. God.
Who the heck cares?

When I started to joke in TS about this thread I said, “People complaining…” and a guildie said, “You can stop right there.” The sky is blue too, you know.

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs
RIP [SIC] Strident Iconoclast

Feedback on GUI changes

in WvW

Posted by: Xenesis.6389

Xenesis.6389

Bunch of ungrateful ingrates!

Another derailing post. ^^
North Keep: One of the village residents will now flee if their home is destroyed.
“Game over man, Game Over!” – RIP Bill

Feedback on GUI changes

in WvW

Posted by: Blodeuyn.2751

Blodeuyn.2751

People still care who’s winning? Totally useless feature imo.

Thankfully I play at 4k so I didn’t even notice until I saw this forum.

Blodeuyn Tylwyth
Quaggan OP [QOP], League of Extraordinary Siegers [LEXS]
Ehmry Bay

Feedback on GUI changes

in WvW

Posted by: Zephyra.4709

Zephyra.4709

Not sure what size monitor you’re playing on but it’s barely noticeable yet it’s still there, I will agree nevertheless – an unnecessary addition.

It’s something I would rather see somewhere in the WvW panel if it so much as has to stay and if I really needed to see who is winning. I dare to add – not that anyone cares who wins these days.

Feedback on GUI changes

in WvW

Posted by: Justine.6351

Justine.6351

You really only notice it if you try to notice it.

I forgot they made this change until I was standing around defending a camp for 30min. Then after I was done defending the camp I forgot it was there until I stumbled onto this thread again.

These pics here exaggerate it grossly.

Feedback on GUI changes

in WvW

Jana.6831

“I don’t get why anyone is complaining”
None of those saying so said it was a good change = It seems as if no one needed this anyway.
Fights often look more like a disco than a fight because of all the added effects. That can be ok if it’s not a huge fight and if there’s no guardians with twilight around.
Anet realized no one is able to see anything of the fights because of the “visual noise” and so it doesn’t make sense they’re adding more instead of keeping it on a minimum.
Also: People are different: visual noise highly distracts me wheras others don’t even notice. As a fun fact: It takes me ages to find my way around a dungeon because there’s so many mobs I need to kill that I can’t concentrate on where I have to go. Silly, I know.
So if you complain about the complainers: Was it necessary to have this thing? Might it interfere with gameplay (casters)? Are people different?

Feedback on GUI changes

in WvW

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

Is that the improved WvW UI they were talking about? lol. It’s just an icon. Gosh this game sometimes: You leave for a year and when you come back to check how things have evolved you see that nothing has changed. Even SAB is still stuck at world 2.

Feedback on GUI changes

in WvW

Posted by: RodOfDeath.5247

RodOfDeath.5247

I’d just like an option to make the message that says who took what to be available or go away. Just distracting.

Feedback on GUI changes

in WvW

Posted by: Mighty Sorceress.2387

Mighty Sorceress.2387

Those are the ghost thief memorial tombstones

Feedback on GUI changes

in WvW

Shazmataz.1423

This thread is a symptom of the terminal disease that wvw has due to Anet neglect.

Nothing of any great relevance is attempted to fix the game mode but they throw in an unwanted change that nobody asked for in an already vexed community….its like a poke in the eye with a stick.

Another patch, plenty of fixes for pve but wvw gets a useless piece of clutter. Better option would have been a small icon in same line as tick.

I sometimes play on a 15" lappy so yah small screen, and as a caster would be nice to have a toggle option for this stuff.

Feedback on GUI changes

in WvW

Shazmataz.1423

Those are the ghost thief memorial tombstones

hehe I Iike your style

Feedback on GUI changes

in WvW

Aury.1367

should it be bronze when last, silver when 2nd and gold when 1st? cos it doesnt work at all.

Feedback on GUI changes

in WvW

Aury.1367

Is that the improved WvW UI they were talking about? lol. It’s just an icon. Gosh this game sometimes: You leave for a year and when you come back to check how things have evolved you see that nothing has changed. Even SAB is still stuck at world 2.

More raids, many PvE improvements, PvP seasons.
WvW: 2 tower icons.

Feedback on GUI changes

in WvW

Posted by: zealex.9410

zealex.9410

I’m sorry did he got triggered by the 2 little icons and the bar with the timer? If yes wow m8 there goes 60% of your screen.

Feedback on GUI changes

in WvW

Posted by: zealex.9410

zealex.9410

How come you get so triggered for 2 small icons?

Feedback on GUI changes

in WvW

Jacion.6302

How come you get so triggered for 2 small icons?

Emmanuel Lewis and Gary Coleman?

Feedback on GUI changes

in WvW

Posted by: Cerby.1069

Cerby.1069

I’m sorry did he got triggered by the 2 little icons and the bar with the timer? If yes wow m8 there goes 60% of your screen.

I’m sorry did you get triggered by my little 2 sentence post about the little icons and the bar with the timer? If yes wow m8 there goes 60% of my posting time.

srsly though, you gotta admit that we are losing more and more screenspace as time goes on. These little icons keep piling ontop of eachother, and it gets pretty ridiculous as is during pvp tournament events and other stuff like that with the notification spam…..if you aren’t new to wvsw you should realize this. If nothing else I hope this posts STOPS future screen clutter from occurring…….I feel I should have made this post back when the skirmish timer itself got added, although I’m sure you would have been there at that time to post the exact same comment. Just as sure as I am you would post the exact same comment the next time they add another item to our screens in the near future.

Everyone has pet peeves bro. I consider this a quality of life thing that can be proven beneficial to everyone to some extent whether they care or not. I mean don’t you want the many many months they otherwise spend on these ui change to have been used on something else in the mode? I think thats a fair argument, we should be friends bro. I want the devs to spend their time giving YOU what you want bro. Let me help you bro.

I kill you in one gunflame, or I kill you in two.
The Tiny Yuno Sniper of Ebay [EBAY]

(edited by Cerby.1069)

Feedback on GUI changes

in WvW

Posted by: CrimeMaker.8612

CrimeMaker.8612

~Kovu ~Kovu ~Kovu

Feedback on GUI changes

in WvW

Teon.5168

You really only notice it if you try to notice it.

I forgot they made this change until I was standing around defending a camp for 30min. Then after I was done defending the camp I forgot it was there until I stumbled onto this thread again.

These pics here exaggerate it grossly.

I didn’t even notice it when I played last night. /shrug

Forum discussions -
-Zenleto-

Feedback on GUI changes

in WvW

Posted by: jamesdolla.3954

jamesdolla.3954

is it really that big of a deal?

Native Maguuman

Feedback on GUI changes

in WvW

Posted by: Naub.1475

Naub.1475

Not at all.
But over the years the WvW-(forum)-community has grown so toxic and dissatisfied with everything Anet tries to improve their game mode that complaining about it is the only thing they know.
Even if Anet did exactly what they want them to do, they would keep complaining. No wonder the Devs wander off to Reddit.

Mordecay Lataya [Zoi] | Thief | Ring of Fire

Feedback on GUI changes

in WvW

Jana.6831

Not at all.
But over the years the WvW-(forum)-community has grown so toxic and dissatisfied with everything Anet tries to improve their game mode that complaining about it is the only thing they know.
Even if Anet did exactly what they want them to do, they would keep complaining. No wonder the Devs wander off to Reddit.

That’s a bit unfair towards the players. Actually anet is as well as they probably think what you’re saying.
Thing is: No matter what change people will complain. And this is a minor, yet still unecessary, clutter thingy. You can ignore it but still think twice before adding more and more clutter.

The funny thing is that we were fine for the most part if being left alone by anet. There were complaints here and there; new maps, punish nightcappers, I want a 24/7 queue – but the majority of players were still fine until HoT – at least on EU. NA had different issues than EU but both were brushed with the same brush. Servers and communities were destroyed. But the pillars of wvw were/are: community, style (kitten , I miss gunnar’s roamers), roamers, guilds – a lot has been destroyed in the past year/past nearly 2 years. So wvw has got no real purpose anymore or at least it feels like it. I still blame the botched implementation of stats in June 2015 and Hot/lack of balance for the majority of problems wvw has got.

ETA: Forgot to add my name

~Jana

My brother always signs sms with his name and I honestly have the urge to travel to him and give him a good ol’ headbut.

(edited by Jana.6831)

Feedback on GUI changes

in WvW

Dawdler.8521

Great that Anet combined threads and changed the subject title without even noting it in a reply. Driveby stealth moderation is the best :/

To those arguing “who cares”, yeah I care. It doesnt matter its a gameplay change that has massive impact on WvW, the design of an entirerly new map or a tiny little icon, after all these years I still care. For those that do not care, well dont post then.

The who cares crowd are probably the same people that would be perfectly happy for Anet having us pay per commander color, an intregal part of the functionality of WvW.