Feelings on the Isle of Janthir server crisis

in WvW

Posted by: JarXLite.6720

JarXLite.6720

First off, I would like to say that I am relatively new to posting on these forums, if anything needs to be changed please point it out

Recently, IoJ (Isle of Janthir) has had a number of guilds leave. Approximately 20 of our best (and possibly only) WvW guilds. I won’t go into depth about why this happened as I do not know all the facts, do not want to turn this into a flame thread, and because of the general confusion about what happened. The general consensus is that due to the PvE nature of IoJ and the upcoming Paid Server Transfers that a lot of guilds were forced to make a decision and it led to a “domino effect” of guilds leaving for greener pastures. Most of these guild left for T1 and T2 servers. IoJ is currently sitting in T4 and is getting stomped on by Maguuma and Yak’s Bend to the point of us only having one supply camp across all four maps at one time.

I’m not a heavy WvW player and I only play periodically but get very into it. I loaded into the IoJ Borderlands today to find a disgruntled but dedicated group of players with no commander who had just managed to take back our own Garrison. Trying to be as helpful as possible, I took the role of being a partial leader trying to organize groups of people to take different things (pretty tough without a commander tag) and after about an hour I was practically the “commander who wasn’t a commander” for our forces. In the course of that hour and a half to two hours, we were able to take back almost our entire borderlands save for a keep and maybe a tower or two. What I found over that course of time is that the remaining WvW population on IoJ is very dedicated and very (in my opinion) good at WvW. We had numerous groups of 5 – 10 players taking tower by themselves all while avoiding the single Mag zerg of ~20 people that was circling around the map. We lost and gained our garrison twice in that time span and were able to lay a very heavy siege on it due to a commander (I think his name was Nudibranch or something) that came along for a half hour or so to help out. In addition to these experiences, we were able to wipe the Mag zerg more than a few times with what seemed to be inferior numbers to theirs.

What I’ve seen in these experiences is that the remaining IoJ WvW base is amazing. They’re dedicated and can get things done. Large guilds don’t make a server good, skilled commanders and skilled players make a server good. Our biggest problem is that once we take things, we have no way of holding them. Our numbers are so few and stretched so thin that there is almost no point in even trying to defend things. One zerg can easily take whatever they want because we won’t ever be able to stop them.

About the leaving guilds, I hold no grudges and I hope that fellow IoJ players won’t either. I completely understand their point of view and was thinking about bringing that issue up with the guild I belong to myself. From the chat tonight, I got a feeling that we are glad they’re gone and actually, in some regards, enjoy being the underdogs. It gives us more freedom to learn and figure out what we are actually doing as we adjust to most likely being T5 or T6 for quite a while. What we all need to do is enjoy this new chance to rebuild.

To Maguuma and Yak’s bend, I respect you guys and wish we could put up a better fight (maybe you should cut us some slack, a few towers would do) I especially enjoyed killing stragglers around the map and, of course, wiping your zergs.

Again, big props to those I was running with and I hope to meet you all in glorious combat!

Sorry for the long post,
Tainir

Edit: Not to turn this into a recruitment thread but figured I might as well throw this in there. If any WvW guilds out there want a challenge, come help us rebuild! PM me or send me a mail ingame or go to http://isleofjanthir.net/forum/index.php and make a thread to get in contact with some people! Also, http://templarsguild.com/janthir/ is a website started by one of our remaining WvW guilds and might help you understand the situation a bit better

Tainir
IoJ commander
[HARD]

(edited by JarXLite.6720)

in WvW

Posted by: MuffinMan.3285

MuffinMan.3285

As one of the guild leaders that left IoJ I want to wish you guys the best of luck. I honestly hope that IoJ will find a place that they are happy with concerning wve and pve. But I feel obligated to tell you that of those 20guilds only two of them left for a higher tier. Most of us decided to stick together and move to fort aspeenwood

WvW isnt fun anymore :(

in WvW

JarXLite.6720

Thanks for clearing that up! Like I said, I don’t know all the details. Wish you all the best of luck as well.

Tainir
IoJ commander
[HARD]

in WvW

Posted by: Riddickk.7091

Riddickk.7091

As one of the guild leaders that left IoJ I want to wish you guys the best of luck. I honestly hope that IoJ will find a place that they are happy with concerning wve and pve. But I feel obligated to tell you that of those 20guilds only two of them left for a higher tier. Most of us decided to stick together and move to fort aspeenwood

I just wanted to echo Muffinman’s sentiments. I will always hold a special place in my heart for anyone from IOJ or is still there. We went through a lot of tough times. I feel that the open transfers and now paid transfers sealed IOJ’s fate as a high end competitive server. I’m also happy that most guilds stayed together and I definitely look forward to playing against them if we ever cross paths!

Roddrickk-80 Asuran Warrior
Guild: Helioz

in WvW

Posted by: Star Lancer.2901

Star Lancer.2901

Being from SBI, I can’t help but say we’re also in the same boat as you. Your feelings have pretty much reflected how much I feel about this.

All of our WvW dedicated guilds left since, like you, our player base pretty much content with PVE content, and that they have realized that in order to be competitive, they gotta swim with the big guys.

Just gotta keep going with what we have, right? Besides, I’m only hoping for a balanced match up once things settle down.

in WvW

JarXLite.6720

I agree wholeheartedly, I think most of us are just hoping we find some good matchups in T5 or 6!

Tainir
IoJ commander
[HARD]

in WvW

Posted by: MegaManExpert.8413

MegaManExpert.8413

I was part of one of the large guilds that left our server. I deiced to not leave due to friends and the identity as an IoJ’en player. Kinda wish they left me with access to the guild bank/stock pile on the server. Would of liked to lay down if not use some of the influence of the guild to help IoJ out of the hole we fell into.

Sadly we have been losing guilds ever since the Tier 2 Stomp fest and only accelerated when Guesting was announced. As we fall in ranks the numbers we will have to fight and maybe we might pick up some guilds after the reset on the 25th due people not linking the place they when to.

I would be lying that I hold no resentment to the guilds that left, but if they ever come back and decided to stay for good then I would be happy to work with them again.

Proud Commander for Isle of Janthar
Laspo Yorick – Mesmer
Samson Longshanks – Warrior

in WvW

Posted by: Mohmohchan.4120

Mohmohchan.4120

The real guilds from ioj, the alliance, and all the stuff will always be cherished. It doesn’t matter which server you go into, it is how the guild wants to move on and do take actions into what they believe would benefit their friends/guild. IOJ will remain a pve server and it will always be. From DRGN, QQ, FIST, ND, AVTR and Hel making a difference to IOJ – I hope everyone will stay to their roots and contribute something to the benefit of their chosen server.

Love lots

(edited by Mohmohchan.4120)

in WvW

Posted by: Altie.4571

Altie.4571

I feel bad for the IoJ people that are left. The ones that bailed were mostly the ones that continuously talked about how hard core the players were and how much server pride they had. Those types of personalities usually rank very low on my list.

Think of it this way though, the people that are left truly do care. You are lucky to weed out anything bad now. We had the same happen at CD when SoR and SoS roflstomped us. Since then we have slowly recovered and have a decent WvW population that is here to stay. That is invaluable. The ones you gain from now on are going to be there for the long haul.

Good luck.

When scientists discover the center of the universe,
a lot of people will be disappointed they are not it.

in WvW

Posted by: Blaeys.3102

Blaeys.3102

As I said in the similar recent post by someone from SBI, I think you will find this is the best thing that could happen to your server. It happened to my server (Henge of Denravi) and the community we were left with was awesome – helpful, fun and very (VERY) loyal. It was the best thing that ever happened to us – by far.

Additionally, the past week in WvW has been the best and most fun (and closest score wise) we’ve ever seen (including compared to the days when we were dominating). The lower tiers are apparently where the real action in WvW is.

It sounds like the OP has the right attitude – look forward to the future and focus on the loyal community that remains behind. These are the real MVPs and powerhouse players in the game.

(edited by Blaeys.3102)

in WvW

Posted by: Greenery.2580

Greenery.2580

I feel bad for the IoJ people that are left. The ones that bailed were mostly the ones that continuously talked about how hard core the players were and how much server pride they had. Those types of personalities usually rank very low on my list.

Think of it this way though, the people that are left truly do care. You are lucky to weed out anything bad now. We had the same happen at CD when SoR and SoS roflstomped us. Since then we have slowly recovered and have a decent WvW population that is here to stay. That is invaluable. The ones you gain from now on are going to be there for the long haul.

Good luck.

The deal with why our dedicated WvW guilds left IoJ is because we had enough of the constant losses that it had reached to its breaking point. For the past several weeks, IoJ had managed to control only two borderlands (IoJ border and EBG) at a time and even with two borderlands on our hands, if we even bother to try to invade third border, we had risks of losing our own borderland as we don’t have enough people.

Some guilds tried to recruit our very own server to come and assist us in WvW, even one guild dared to reached out to other servers and recruit for IoJ but not fruitful enough. Some of our active WvW players even offered to teach those who are new to WvW but the response we get from IoJ are very low. Most of us are tired already, we’ve been burned out so many times but yet we still remain in IoJ up till now.

If server lockdown is delayed after the WvW upcoming updates in February, some of those guild might still be staying at IoJ. Perhaps the February updates will entice IoJ PvE players if the rewards for WvW are appealing to them.

in WvW

Posted by: Swamurabi.7890

Swamurabi.7890

For every HoD, IoJ, SBI, there’s going to be another Kaineg. It’s just the way WvW is.

Free transfers just made it happen faster, but it will still happen.

in WvW

Altie.4571

The deal with why our dedicated WvW guilds left IoJ is because we had enough of the constant losses that it had reached to its breaking point. For the past several weeks, IoJ had managed to control only two borderlands (IoJ border and EBG) at a time and even with two borderlands on our hands, if we even bother to try to invade third border, we had risks of losing our own borderland as we don’t have enough people.

But you guys won tier 3 as recent as three weeks ago. Wins in a 3 way system are hard to come by. JQ has been in tier1 forever and they only have a couple of wins to attest for it. A couple of weeks of loses shouldn’t be the straw that breaks the camels back :-/

in WvW

Posted by: RyuDragnier.9476

RyuDragnier.9476

To be perfectly honest, I feel for IoJ as it is now. And I also feel nothing but disrespect and dislike for the guilds who left after only a few losses. We have a phrase for your kind in the Charr language…Honorless Gladium.

[hS]
PvE Main – Zar Poisonclaw – Daredevil
WvW Main – Ghost Mistcaller – Herald

in WvW

Posted by: Kerithlan.1659

Kerithlan.1659

Topic: My honest advice for anyone left on IoJ is to determine whether you’re there specifically to be a part of the IoJ WvW, or if you’re there for the community on the server (PvE etc).

If you’re just there for the community and don’t really mind who you ultimately represent in WvW, then just remember that you can always guest onto IoJ. You don’t have to ride the sinking ship if you don’t want to, and you can always go back once IoJ settles back in and finds that happy place again.

I’m also not trying to recruit anyone here — I don’t really care where you end up as long as it’s where you want to be. I feel bad for you guys, you’ve been given a raw deal. This isn’t a matter of, “we lost a match, bye!” It’s a matter of, “Oh, well, a ton of people just up and left overnight, crap.” I personally wouldn’t blame you if you moved to any of the T6-T8 servers (that already are in a happy place in terms of competitive/balanced play).

That said, whoever stays behind has my respect. Keep fighting the good fight — it’ll toughen your hides and grizzle your beards. You’ll all end up as norn if you’re not already, lol.

Fosthe — Sylvari Elementalist
Men of Science [MoS] – Tarnished Coast

(edited by Moderator)

in WvW

Posted by: Astaroth.5146

Astaroth.5146

@JarXLite: I’m really glad to see you kept your spirit high after all the transfers and that you took the role of leading your remaining troops in WvW. Small groups can still do a lot if lead proprely. A lot can be achieved with coesion Although it will most probably not lead you to victory against buffed up servers, it’ll allow your server to still have fun in WvW, it’ll allow you to gain a lot of experience, develop tactics and make you a very competitive server against other server with a larger WvW population. Eventually, you’ll end up in a fitting tier and from that moment, it’s climbing up again as your population regrow/find new interest in WvW/aquire more experience

I always tought unfortunate that Anet decided that commander tag would be bought with gold instead of WvW feats, but if you really like to lead in WvW and your community likes you. Maybe you could call for a “contribution” from your comunity to help you buy the commander tag. Suggestion that might work in your current situation But be carefull on how you use the tag if you ever get it. Player will always be drawn to the commander position so sometime it makes it harder to command multiple objectives while wearing it.

Good luck IoJ

Jezebèl – CD

Jezebèl – Mag
Behind every red name there is a human being just like you. Respect your enemies :)

(edited by Astaroth.5146)

in WvW

Posted by: The heretic.1052

The heretic.1052

The real guilds from ioj, the alliance, and all the stuff will always be cherished. It doesn’t matter which server you go into, it is how the guild wants to move on and do take actions into what they believe would benefit their friends/guild. IOJ will remain a pve server and it will always be. From DRGN, QQ, FIST, ND, AVTR and Hel making a difference to IOJ – I hope everyone will stay to their roots and contribute something to the benefit of their chosen server.

Love lots

Yea i talked to some players in QQ they are moving. not sure about the other guilds

Sanctum of Rall
Don’t feed the trolls
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Troll_

in WvW

JarXLite.6720

Love lots

Yea i talked to some players in QQ they are moving. not sure about the other guilds

QQ already moved to SBI I think.

Tainir
IoJ commander
[HARD]

in WvW

JarXLite.6720

@JarXLite: I’m really glad to see you kept your spirit high after all the transfers and that you took the role of leading your remaining troops in WvW. Small groups can still do a lot if lead proprely. A lot can be achieved with coesion Although it will most probably not lead you to victory against buffed up servers, it’ll allow your server to still have fun in WvW, it’ll allow you to gain a lot of experience, develop tactics and make you a very competitive server against other server with a larger WvW population. Eventually, you’ll end up in a fitting tier and from that moment, it’s climbing up again as your population regrow/find new interest in WvW/aquire more experience

I always tought unfortunate that Anet decided that commander tag would be bought with gold instead of WvW feats, but if you really like to lead in WvW and your community likes you. Maybe you could call for a “contribution” from your comunity to help you buy the commander tag. Suggestion that might work in your current situation But be carefull on how you use the tag if you ever get it. Player will always be drawn to the commander position so sometime it makes it harder to command multiple objectives while wearing it.

Good luck IoJ

Jezebèl – CD

Thanks man! I’ve been wrestling with the idea of buying a tag for a while as I barely have 100g saved up, although I was planning on using that to eventually buy Dawn and start on my legendary.

About how to use a commander tag, I watched one of our commanders lead about 15 players to their deaths while sieging the garrison all because he wanted to check the wall% and everyone else mindlessly followed him.

Also, sorry for the double post, I’m not sure how to reply to two posts in one post so I had to do this

Accepting donations,
Tainir

Tainir
IoJ commander
[HARD]

in WvW

Posted by: CrassBippy.4619

CrassBippy.4619

Good luck.

Some guilds tried to recruit our very own server to come and assist us in WvW, even one guild dared to reached out to other servers and recruit for IoJ but not fruitful enough. Some of our active WvW players even offered to teach those who are new to WvW but the response we get from IoJ are very low. Most of us are tired already, we’ve been burned out so many times but yet we still remain in IoJ up till now.

If server lockdown is delayed after the WvW upcoming updates in February, some of those guild might still be staying at IoJ. Perhaps the February updates will entice IoJ PvE players if the rewards for WvW are appealing to them.

Can’t beat EM? Join EM! I don’t see how this would make anyone feel ok…. How is that fun? If anything it’s fun to fight for wins, not just join an already winning server and pvdoor

Bi Furious [Fist] YB

in WvW

Posted by: Desterion.6407

Desterion.6407

I can’t speak for the larger guilds and their decisions to leave. I’m a long time vet of Daoc and RvR (WvW) is the thing that I love. I went to IoJ after taking a few months off because my friends started there and I went to join them. The feeling I’ve gotten over the last few weeks of fighting with them was that they were dedicated but getting a little tired of losing. I was planning to continue to fight in T4 and I think many of the other guilds were as well before the announcement came. At that point everyone realized that we were not going to get any new transfers in for wvw and that our heavy pve oriented population could not care less. Some of the guilds made their decisions independently and some did it collectively. My friends and I made the decision by talking it over and deciding that we liked Fort Aspenwood as opponents and would not mind having them as friends. Some of the guilds from IoJ influenced our decision as well, as we have a respect for AVTR. Unfortunately the end of free transfers announcement was poorly timed and conceived by anet. It did irreparable damage to IoJ’s wvw community and I can only imagine the havoc and chaos it caused upon the lower population servers. Nobody is going to want to pay to transfer to a losing server, even if it is cheaper for them to do so.

in WvW

Posted by: zastari.1730

zastari.1730

The Mag / Yaks / IoJ matchup sucks. It sucks because of the amount of idiot transfers into Mag we’ve had, and it sucks because of the amount of cowards that transferred IoJ. To those that abandoned IoJ, thanks for making crap matchups. Justify it with whatever excuses you want.

Tsarazi – 80 Asuran Mesmer [DERP]
Maguuma

in WvW

Posted by: Kagusaki.3176

Kagusaki.3176

The Mag / Yaks / IoJ matchup sucks. It sucks because of the amount of idiot transfers into Mag we’ve had, and it sucks because of the amount of cowards that transferred IoJ. To those that abandoned IoJ, thanks for making crap matchups. Justify it with whatever excuses you want.

Would staying awake till 3am on a work night just so I can enjoy wvw when we’re not outmanned a good excuse? I’ve even been on wvw all day on my days off and we were outmanned the whole time. 5 vs. 20+ is really not fun. I just couldn’t stand the stress staying up so late just so I could have fun on wvw. A majority of IOJ guilds have moved to FA and I wanted to be with them. For me, it’s not about winning but to be with friends who I’ve known ever since I played this game.

Foreman Spur – Level 80 Charrior | Firefister – Level 80 Charrcromancer
The Legion of Charrs [TLC] – Fort Aspenwood’s Finest Charr Guild
You can’t spell Fur Affinity without FA! :3

in WvW

Posted by: cesmode.4257

cesmode.4257

Jax dude, I was right with you last night man(not sure what your in game name was). But I was there last night, we pushed mag out of the northern part of our borderland! We started dabbling in the south a bit. Right as I logged off a magg zerg was taking Sunny I believe…I log in this morning at 6:25am EST, magg had every single capture point in all maps.

Its just very disappointing to see all the hardwork we did as a dedicated-spirited and devoted server, just crushed by sheer numbers (and I have only been on the server a little over a week).

I was going to write up a very similar post as you, thank you for sparing my fingers pain. We do need some guilds, large or small, or even individual players looking to work as a group, to join the fight. I don’t care if the server sits in the bottom rung of tiers. As long as we have healthy competition, without complete teeth stomping, Im fine!

Also, what did you mean, “due to the PVE nature of IoJ”? I am a heavy PVE player as well…is there a problem on the server with PVE?

Regardless…fight on IoJ. I just hope that guilds and people still find the courage, and money, to transfer over even after paid transfers begin.

Edit: Ahh, Tainir! I remember you now.

Karma is as abundant as air, and as useless as the Kardashians.

(edited by cesmode.4257)

in WvW

cesmode.4257

Love lots

The real guilds?

Concerning posts about how other servers recovered from being kicked while down…you guys still had the benefit of open transfers. In a few days, we will not. What is the incentive for WvW guilds to pay to transfer to IoJ? And for guilds where not everyone in the guild is buddy buddy…how do you convince your playerbase to pay to transfer? IoJ, and a few other servers, are going to be stuck between a rock and a hard place. Players will no longer be able to free transfer to IoJ to check it out and see if its a good fit. They’ll have to pay for that, and its a risk I am afraid many will not take.

I made a post about the outmanned buff and how it needs to be reworked. I sincerely hope that arenanet does something for those servers with woefully low presence compared to its weekly competition.

(edited by cesmode.4257)

in WvW

Posted by: thealienamongus.1968

thealienamongus.1968

I left IoJ with my guild [uA]. Here is my take on reddit addressing a similar post there. I included quotes from the IoJ forums both the public and private sections from Blrrgh, Junglizm and Waking to help better show what happened.

You also have to remember that also lost guilds in Nov and have been slowly bleeding out. [HIRE] & [BP] both had large recruitment drives (both in individual and Guild merges) before the left, this left a terrible taste in the mouths of many and they took a lot of people. Since then the effort to get causal WvW and PvE into WvW on a more regular basis had doubled, my guild [uA] began running intro nights and the remnants of [HIRE] became [JaTs] and was doing well at this (from what I heard). But it was not enough we as a community were getting frustrated and tired with the lack of people in WvW, this came to a head when the deadline for free server transfers was announced. Unfortunately we as a community did not handle this well, there was a call for a server meting but some guilds (I don’t know who went first) it seem could not or would not wait and this created a domino effect and in the end most of the WvW guilds have left.

in WvW

cesmode.4257

Personally, I dont care why guilds left, who left, for what reasons. No ill will, whatever. I dont care.

I do care about healthy competition. Thats all I care about. As long as there is a healthy game of WvW going on, and my(and everyones) server is getting some decent PVE and open world buffs from our efforts in WvW, I don’t care.

in WvW

JarXLite.6720

Jax dude, I was right with you last night man(not sure what your in game name was). But I was there last night, we pushed mag out of the northern part of our borderland! We started dabbling in the south a bit. Right as I logged off a magg zerg was taking Sunny I believe…I log in this morning at 6:25am EST, magg had every single capture point in all maps.

Its just very disappointing to see all the hardwork we did as a dedicated-spirited and devoted server, just crushed by sheer numbers (and I have only been on the server a little over a week).

I was going to write up a very similar post as you, thank you for sparing my fingers pain. We do need some guilds, large or small, or even individual players looking to work as a group, to join the fight. I don’t care if the server sits in the bottom rung of tiers. As long as we have healthy competition, without complete teeth stomping, Im fine!

Also, what did you mean, “due to the PVE nature of IoJ”? I am a heavy PVE player as well…is there a problem on the server with PVE?

Regardless…fight on IoJ. I just hope that guilds and people still find the courage, and money, to transfer over even after paid transfers begin.

Hey! Thanks for replying, I’m sure I would remember you if I knew your name!

When I said that, I meant that most people in IoJ are content with running dungeons all day and never stepping foot in WvW except for map completion. I myself was one of those players, but lately I’ve tried to dedicate myself to helping rebuild in WvW. Hopefully, we can get more of these players into WvW but lately’ I’ve noticed a drop in population in LA and other areas, as well as WvW. It’s very concerning that this would seemingly take away so much of our total server population.

Tainir
IoJ commander
[HARD]

in WvW

cesmode.4257

Hey! Thanks for replying, I’m sure I would remember you if I knew your name!

When I said that, I meant that most people in IoJ are content with running dungeons all day and never stepping foot in WvW except for map completion. I myself was one of those players, but lately I’ve tried to dedicate myself to helping rebuild in WvW. Hopefully, we can get more of these players into WvW but lately’ I’ve noticed a drop in population in LA and other areas, as well as WvW. It’s very concerning that this would seemingly take away so much of our total server population.

Pretty much everything you said holds true for me too. PVE player, dabbled in WvW…liked it, got hooked. Now Im debating the transfer vs stay and rebuild, risk and reward. Probably staying. I like the guild I transferred here for, and the WvW community, the ones staying, are pretty cool. As far as LA is concerned, yeah Ive seen that. I hope the open world isnt suffering.

As far as my name goes…I’ll give you a hint: I came from SBI, I have a good sense of humor(or I like to think so…sometimes..maybe) while in WvW. First three letters are ’ Sel ’.

I will neither confirm nor deny any public guesses.

in WvW

Altie.4571

Here’s why I think it’s kittenty…

Even after leaving the server for dead, they come back and talk about love and how important it is to them.
Don’t you have any respect for your old server?

In any case, I’m sure IoJ will settle in to around the 6th tier.

in WvW

Posted by: styx.7294

styx.7294

Here’s why I think it’s kittenty…

Even after leaving the server for dead, they come back and talk about love and how important it is to them.
Don’t you have any respect for your old server?

In any case, I’m sure IoJ will settle in to around the 6th tier.

My favourite is when a Gates of Madness commander transferred off and then posted on the forums that Gates of Madness has too few commanders.

Gate of Madness

in WvW

cesmode.4257

Eh, tiers..bragging rights, who really cares? You get nothing for being a top tier server. Just bigger zergs, longer fights. As long as I see an even distribution of red, blue, and green on the WvW maps, isnt that enough? The experience, the fun, the strategy? The community? With that said, I want to be as competitive and strong as I can, and for the server. If I really get into WvW, which I am beginning to as noted with my activity on the forum today, and in WvW in recent days, I might decide to forgoe legendary and go for commander, helping rebuild WvW on IoJ just as another one or two are considering. If I do that, however, I don’t want to lose sight on everything else I enjoy about the game. Don’t want WvW and being a commander to suck up my entire GW2 existance.

They are adding in WvW progression, but thats likely to be individual progression and still, will probably have no bearing on Tier 1 or 6.

in WvW

Altie.4571

My favourite is when a Gates of Madness commander transferred off and then posted on the forums that Gates of Madness has too few commanders.

Lulz!

in WvW

Posted by: Vizier.3164

Vizier.3164

Even Crit is leaving :o thats another 500 players gone

i7-3770K, XFX HD7970, ASUS SABERTOOTH, G.Skill ARES 16 GB 1600
Vizier: 80 mesm-guard-ele-war
Fort Aspenwood

in WvW

cesmode.4257

Lulz!

Did he transfer off because he was one of very few commanders, and got tired of leading it himself? If so, thats some what understandable.

in WvW

cesmode.4257

When did they say this

in WvW

Posted by: styx.7294

styx.7294

Lulz!

Did he transfer off because he was one of very few commanders, and got tired of leading it himself? If so, thats some what understandable.

Probably but that’s boring. I prefer to see what silliness and irony I can in things to give myself a smile =)

Gate of Madness

in WvW

Posted by: Vizier.3164

Vizier.3164

When did they say this

The news was in the message of the day, today.

i7-3770K, XFX HD7970, ASUS SABERTOOTH, G.Skill ARES 16 GB 1600
Vizier: 80 mesm-guard-ele-war
Fort Aspenwood

in WvW

Posted by: oryza.5039

oryza.5039

I think the problem is most players only ever go into WvW for the jumping puzzle, since thats basically the only way to get badges for a legendary.

Now thats impossible, so for most people theres no reason to ever go back to WvW without switching servers first.

in WvW

JarXLite.6720

Brb gonna go delete the IoJ server page on the wiki.

In all seriousness, though, I think we will be ones laughing once we hit gold in T6 while the guilds that left are waiting in queues.

Tainir
IoJ commander
[HARD]

in WvW

Posted by: Warlord Lu Bu.7905

Warlord Lu Bu.7905

I think the problem is most players only ever go into WvW for the jumping puzzle, since thats basically the only way to get badges for a legendary.

Or you could simply find a decent group to run with and kill enemies. Winning or losing I can get about 100 badges a day from kills. Sure I play a lot but even if you’re only on for an hour or two, you can still rack up a lot over a short period of time.

War Legend Lu Bu – Commander
[WäR] Warband of Absolute Retribution
Borlis Pass

in WvW

cesmode.4257

Im going to find the nearest Maguuma stronghold, which..won’t be hard to find, and jab my dagger into the concrete wall as hard as I can. I’ll gitcha! I will! I’ll slowly chip away at the concrete. And once I’m in…woah nelly!

Feet don’t fail me now!

in WvW

Posted by: Shaojack.3871

Shaojack.3871

Really a shame, I missed fighting you guys in T2, plus you could fight BG off when we had no coverage =D
The game is changing pretty fast, we’ve already seen the rise and fall of multiple servers.

Brojack (80 Thief) / Shaojack(80 Warrior) / Shaokuma(80 Guardian) / Shaojax(80 Ranger)

Sanctum of Rall

in WvW

Posted by: Joey.3928

Joey.3928

This week has been rough in WvW for us. I have no intention on leaving. As always, look for me in the borderland where IoJ need the most help. I am the norn ranger running around with her trusty wolves

Estel Wolfheart
Norn Ranger
Hardcorepwnograhpy [HARD] | Isle of Janthir

(edited by Joey.3928)

in WvW

Posted by: Bash.7291

Bash.7291

This is just speaking from my personal experience:

Being formerly from Ioj (I left the last week we were in T2 due to my guild at the time (Defenders of Heroism) Pretty much becoming a dead guild. For me it was not transfering to the winning server. It was transfering to the server that I had people to play with. (most of which I met through duels during our long long time with BG and SoR) To the guilds that left after I feel for you, I know what it was like to be on IoJ during holiday events. And also how much we struggled getting a NA/EU team together. It really just lost its fun when during my personal prime time, we were outmanned on all but one BL. Even on reset nights we only had queues on 2 BLs, which is kind of crazy for what was at that time a T2 server. Overall, it just was not fun for me anymore, and I know it really started to effect the people on IoJ as our numbers slowly but steadily decreased.

Living Dead Girl ~ Necro
[Rev]

in WvW

cesmode.4257

@joey, your wolves tried to bite me last night. I was running away screaming, “Im IoJ, Im IoJ!!”. Keep them on a tight leash!

I’ll probably be in wvw at some point tonight too…once I get a fractal done :p

in WvW

Posted by: Joey.3928

Joey.3928

@joey, your wolves tried to bite me last night. I was running away screaming, “Im IoJ, Im IoJ!!”. Keep them on a tight leash!

I’ll probably be in wvw at some point tonight too…once I get a fractal done :p

They just wanted to play

Estel Wolfheart
Norn Ranger
Hardcorepwnograhpy [HARD] | Isle of Janthir

in WvW

Posted by: Tiglie.5834

Tiglie.5834

As a member of a small guild that hops through all the tiers, you will have more fun once you drop down.

FYI, claiming it was honorable to not go to a tier 1 or 2 server when you bandwagon onto FA, Mag, and Kaenig is a strange way to twist the truth. You are moving to the three biggest bandwagon servers available atm.

[LARP]
Tiglie Wiglie – Oh Bahmaz
Iz U Potato – Absentee Father

in WvW

Posted by: Arcadio.6875

Arcadio.6875

^Did any go to Mag? The ones that went to Kain can be accused of bandwagoning, but not the ones that went to FA. Our server spent 9 weeks in T3 and did not come in 1st place during any of those weeks. There was no mass server transfers to FA until those former IoJ guilds decided to come to FA as a group. They came to FA because they respected our server, not because we had any hope of going up the ranks.

Lord Arcadio
League Of Ascending Immortals [OATH]

(edited by Arcadio.6875)

in WvW

Posted by: Kincaidia.3192

Kincaidia.3192

As a member of a small guild that hops through all the tiers, you will have more fun once you drop down.

Hi, my name is Tired of OP. I’m a Former IoJ.

• (hi tired) **

I can say that of all the teams we’ve been matched up with, FA fought the hardest with what they had. I admired their strategy and teamwork even when it meant we lost a keep to a well-timed golem rush. IoJ was the same way at one point, but lately on IoJ I’ve felt the exact opposite. I’m seeing people building golems in a sieged keep, 500+ supply wasted repairing walls instead of a single counter treb, and general kittentery. And then I’ve seen that type of behavior publicly applauded.

So. Besides the fact that I’d like to keep playing with the same group of people I enjoy, I think FA will be a fine new home. And anyone who doesn’t like it can suck it – if we’re just dead weight, then bring IoJ back up to a matchup with FA.

Tired of OP (suicidal thief)
Kincaidia (ranger)