Ferguson's Crossing / Kaineng / Devona (7-12)

in WvW

Posted by: Brimwood.7963

Brimwood.7963

Probably the final week of this matchup. Think I can safely say that everyone is already looking forward to next week when (most likely) Eredon Terrace will come join us in tier 8 and DR will finally start facing opponents they don’t outnumber 5 to 1.
Until then however, let’s try to get through this week the best we can.
Both Kaineng and Ferg seem to have more fighting spirit than last week but obviously it’s tough going…heavy fighting going on in FC and Kain borderlands as well as EB at the moment.

in WvW

Posted by: omnislash.7106

omnislash.7106

Hopefully kaineng can pull a win this week

Ktyz [CNB]
Cmdr
-Kaineng

in WvW

Posted by: Siad.3608

Siad.3608

Devonas REALLY wants to move up.

I Steal Vcrs
Basic

in WvW

Posted by: SHAKA ZULU.3128

SHAKA ZULU.3128

Darxio providing all the laughs tonight. Too much fun at Bluebriar. You finally got it back, DR!

love,

a guardian from k[Ai]neng

in WvW

Posted by: KwayZee.5742

KwayZee.5742

Been a fun night so far! And yes we do really want to move up.

KwayZeee -=[ 80 Asuran Thief ]=-
[PRO] Commander
DragonBrand

in WvW

Posted by: Draygo.9473

Draygo.9473

They have a 70 point gap to clear to move up, or ET has to go down another 70.

Which might not happen this week depending on what happens. They got 2 dead servers in T7, but they might have enough fight in them to hold off GoM.

Delarme
Apathy Inc [Ai]

in WvW

Posted by: ktith.6197

ktith.6197

We at AR are likely getting bumped back down into T7, so it would be totally awesome if DR would work really hard this week and get up into T7 for the ultimate matchup.

Cmdr. Xandria Wolfkin
[RED] Devona’s Rest

in WvW

Posted by: Zizanzi.4678

Zizanzi.4678

I can’t wait to see the next tier too. Going to be so fun playing on the top sever of the next tier up. Next Friday just can’t come soon enough.

Stylii Elementalist (Staff)
Gonna Roll Next Tier Top Server vs DR (NoQQ)

in WvW

Posted by: scooby treat.8420

scooby treat.8420

I see agent smith is still with us however I did have fun in EB trying to hold off DR’s endless players.

-FC- Cookie Snatchers [MINE]
Manyme usee -80 mesmer current main
80 War, Ele, Guar, Rang, thief. 55 engi 16 necro

in WvW

Posted by: Darwinism.8619

Darwinism.8619

I can’t wait to see the next tier too. Going to be so fun playing on the top sever of the next tier up. Next Friday just can’t come soon enough.

Gonna Roll Next Tier Top Server vs DR (NoQQ)

You dont want to move to top server of next tier… all the dots on the map will be Green… very confusing…

really i hope to see [NoQQ] and [LARP] on the next teir… always a great challenge

Attachments:

Darwin Ism(HumanThief) Thin The Herd(HumanMezmer) Abuzz Kill(AsuranD/D Ele)
[PRO] World Defender

in WvW

Posted by: Tymbrwolf.5178

Tymbrwolf.5178

To : Kaineng Relm (exisiting Populus and recent Exodus)

Just wanted to let you know that working together can truly make a difference. Just wanted to give hope to those who are here. To those who have left this is inspiration that we can do it would love to have your help and would love to have you all back!!

You don’t need an alliance when you realize we all are on the same team!

So proud of you all … Kaineng!!

Outnumbered with half the Kaineng server gone to devs /fergs….

Underdogs perhaps, but every dog has his day!

[this is not a boast just one persons shared experience of success with a guild that has Kaineng’s Victory in mind thank you all for including me as a part of a great team]

Attachments:

in WvW

Posted by: Brimwood.7963

Brimwood.7963

Kaineng having a VERY good showing so far. Clearly rejuvenated after last week
Unfortunately the culling “experiment” seems to have left my Chinese internet connection with even more lag and frequently no visible characters at all, be they friendly or otherwise.
Needless to say this is a problem considering you almost never see a DR outside of a group of at least 7 people. Still, VERY happy with our showing tonight

in WvW

Posted by: Rastofin.6132

Rastofin.6132

I, for one, will not be counting out Kain this week. Spent most of last night in North EB in constant battle against players who played hard, Notably CnB and KR as alliances and the pugs seemed ferocious as well. Had a great time during one of the fights in pangloss, we lost, but that was the most fun close quarters combat I have played on my mesmer. On the flipside, props to LARP/Envy for running a good route and trashing our initial attempts into the SE… we were so close to grabbing that keep early on.

This may be our last week in this match up so as an original DR player I would like to leave our tier without enemies, save those leaving to join our potential opponents in the next tier, in that case keep the rivalry going. We have had some great transfers in, they brought in higher tier stratagems and mentality and of course, numerical superiority. Their seamless integration with our base of players that were, for several weeks, similar to the characteristics of both Kain and Ferg now put us into the position that we are in, moving up a tier.

Hopefully we will be gone, however the server that moves in will have relatively similar points, player base, and hourly coverage(initially). So keep fighting hard, practice how you play, it may not get easier and might come down to holding your ground until that lucky transfer(s) go your way.

My final shout out goes to the Commanders of EB last night, not just coexisting, but working together through the thick of it. And, yes I’m tooting my own horn: [SoCo], [RGTG], and [Dark] rarely are we mentioned, which is how we like it, but when there’s a knocking on your keep door, that’s usually us

Devona’s Rest
Rastofin – Guardian [SoCo]
T Zen – Mesmer [RegA]

in WvW

Posted by: WrathOfGod.4695

WrathOfGod.4695

Looks to me like SoS guild doesn’t want DR to move up a tier.
=(

in WvW

Posted by: Chaster Sharpshooter.3640

Chaster Sharpshooter.3640

We were summoned. Plus it was our planned karma train event day.

So why not?

Just to remind you, there’s still a scary force lurking in the shadows.

“To learn is what I need, to teach those who needs to learn is my duty …”
Chaster the Scarred – Leader of [SoS] Guilds
Server: Kaineng | Recruitment Status: Open

in WvW

Posted by: Darek.1836

Darek.1836

So why not?

Please do this every day.
I just love to see devona with +50

also heheh at the devona zerg trying to take my quentin.

Holy
Sharks With Lazers [PEW]

in WvW

Posted by: Chaster Sharpshooter.3640

Chaster Sharpshooter.3640

So why not?

Please do this every day.
I just love to see devona with +50

also heheh at the devona zerg trying to take my quentin.

Move to Kaineng and we well see

*gets slapped*

“To learn is what I need, to teach those who needs to learn is my duty …”
Chaster the Scarred – Leader of [SoS] Guilds
Server: Kaineng | Recruitment Status: Open

in WvW

Posted by: Ender.3508

Ender.3508

I, for one, will not be counting out Kain this week. Spent most of last night in North EB in constant battle against players who played hard, Notably CnB and KR as alliances and the pugs seemed ferocious as well. Had a great time during one of the fights in pangloss, we lost, but that was the most fun close quarters combat I have played on my mesmer. On the flipside, props to LARP/Envy for running a good route and trashing our initial attempts into the SE… we were so close to grabbing that keep early on.

This may be our last week in this match up so as an original DR player I would like to leave our tier without enemies, save those leaving to join our potential opponents in the next tier, in that case keep the rivalry going. We have had some great transfers in, they brought in higher tier stratagems and mentality and of course, numerical superiority. Their seamless integration with our base of players that were, for several weeks, similar to the characteristics of both Kain and Ferg now put us into the position that we are in, moving up a tier.

Hopefully we will be gone, however the server that moves in will have relatively similar points, player base, and hourly coverage(initially). So keep fighting hard, practice how you play, it may not get easier and might come down to holding your ground until that lucky transfer(s) go your way.

My final shout out goes to the Commanders of EB last night, not just coexisting, but working together through the thick of it. And, yes I’m tooting my own horn: [SoCo], [RGTG], and [Dark] rarely are we mentioned, which is how we like it, but when there’s a knocking on your keep door, that’s usually us

Love you Ras and [SoCo] and [RGTG] but my guildies are desiring a change of pace, and when its not us running in WvW its a mess of zerginess on DR’s part.

Kretna 80 Elementalist
ex – The Midnight Syndicate [Dark]
Maguuma

in WvW

Posted by: Oozo.7856

Oozo.7856

Last night was horrible for the most part. DR zergs in every map pinning people in at their zone. We came to DR right after Kaineng won, BTW.

We didn’t sign up for this crap. :P

We are voicing thoughts of moving. But, maybe it will be more interesting if DR moves up and gets crushed.

Oh, and here is a new entertainment style movie if you EVEN CARE (passive-agressive attack ENGAGED).

[Anonymous Defender] on Youtube
Solo & Roaming Group WvW Movies

(edited by Oozo.7856)

in WvW

Posted by: Zizanzi.4678

Zizanzi.4678

Last night was horrible for the most part. DR zergs in every map pinning people in at their zone. We came to DR right after Kaineng won, BTW.

We are voicing thoughts of moving. But, maybe it will be more interesting if DR moves up and gets crushed.

Oh, and here is a new entertainment style movie if you EVEN CARE (passive-agressive attack ENGAGED).

We should talk Oozo if you are planning on moving. Would love to get something together with your group, PM me if you are interested.

Shoulda Rolled Kaineng (NoQQ) Leader

in WvW

Posted by: StormWolf.7645

StormWolf.7645

To quote Zizanzi:

“Shoulda Rolled Kaineng”

That goes for all you non-Kainengs out there! :p

in WvW

Posted by: Tiglie.5834

Tiglie.5834

I feel ya man, we had the same thing happen in our original server SoR. I never really understood why people flock to the ‘winning’ server, it’s insanely boring.

[LARP]
Tiglie Wiglie – Oh Bahmaz
Iz U Potato – Absentee Father

in WvW

Posted by: Jeda.5209

Jeda.5209

Actually looking forward to this next week in tier 8 if we get somebody other than Dev. It would nice to see some balance again. It would also help & test Dev as well and not being able to just overwhelm their opponent with numbers.

Sea of Sorrows

(Bronze Soldier)

in WvW

Posted by: LegoTechnic.5910

LegoTechnic.5910

I think the flaw in my understanding of nomenclature was pointed out this week when someone requested help at “Kain Keep” and I promptly headed southeast (which proved to be a poor choice of actions). I hope I’m not the only one to do something silly like that. >_>;

in WvW

Posted by: Pentzski.4620

Pentzski.4620

This is what happens when 4-5 commanders quit when they can’t take 1 single tower: I resort to hanging out with better company.

Attachments:

Lilliàna – Mesmer
Leader of Nameless Accord [NA]
Maguuma

in WvW

Posted by: Aeneasx.1589

Aeneasx.1589

[PRO] what happened at Bluevale DR’s BL about 15 minutes ago?

backstabd 22222222222222 finish
BSty
Sylvari Rouge

in WvW

Posted by: Ashuri.1387

Ashuri.1387

I was there! It WAS fun! haha

Kaineng [CNB] Commander/Guild Leader <3
Nyx Petalouda – Mesmer
Let’s play nice kittens<3

in WvW

Posted by: Etna.1634

Etna.1634

I hope we can get a moderator to post the last post this week aswell!

- Etna H, D/D Elementalist
[BSty][LARP]

in WvW

Posted by: Berkut.2837

Berkut.2837

Last night at Kaineng Overlook in EB was immense fun. Great effort from both Devona’s Rest and Kaineng. Lot of back and forth throughout the area. Did you guys finally take the keep?

Doubt any of you would have noticed me, I was the one firing the cannon on you just before you breached the first wall and the one using the ballistae when you tried to get to the second wall gate near the lion statue.

Auri Nimayil: Lvl 80 Thief (Kaineng)

in WvW

Posted by: Aeneasx.1589

Aeneasx.1589

To the female Norn Guardian at Devonas Rest BL Bluevale supply camp -

How does it feel to be bar none the best and only stand out player I have ever seen from PRO? Stellar fights bro.

backstabd 22222222222222 finish
BSty
Sylvari Rouge

in WvW

Posted by: JudgeD.5673

JudgeD.5673

Berkut, I spent a good bit of time at the Overlook Keep as well. I am the female engineer that was running around up there. Was shooting the Dev cat down at Ogrewatch until they found my range on the east wall…wish mortars had more health…oh well. And kudos to whoever in Devona got the bright idea to set up trebs on the SM north wall. We couldn’t reach em at all. Anyhow, still had a lot of fun.

The Robertsons – Julie, Lyana, Adrian, and Lewis
CrSy/LaWz
Tarnished Coast Server (formerly of Kaineng)

in WvW

Posted by: Nethod.7068

Nethod.7068

Sometime during the fighting, my pants had broken after several foolish solo fights at EB. I apologise for any sudden blindness I may have caused.

Mercellas,
Guardian, Chef

in WvW

Posted by: Calos.1350

Calos.1350

Only winners, flock to winning server. Sorry Tiglie, you aint part of the club

in WvW

Posted by: Calos.1350

Calos.1350

but we love you, gives us practice

in WvW

Oozo.7856

We should talk Oozo if you are planning on moving. Would love to get something together with your group, PM me if you are interested.

Shoulda Rolled Kaineng (NoQQ) Leader

Most of us are loathe to move. We lost a lot of work on our guild by moving from Dragonbrand and we lost a lot of players, so building up the guild is not so easy anymore. We finally have a few nice things here.

Last night was actually pretty decent for finding good fights. We had the outmanned buff quite often. I can’t figure the dynamics of this grouping out.

Here is a nice fight against mostly NP from last week IF YOU EVEN CARE.

in WvW

Posted by: Darwinism.8619

Darwinism.8619

Oozo the 3:38 sec of your 1st youtube post this week “Death by Cleavage” im still laughing… too Funny

Attachments:

Darwin Ism(HumanThief) Thin The Herd(HumanMezmer) Abuzz Kill(AsuranD/D Ele)
[PRO] World Defender

(edited by Darwinism.8619)

in WvW

ktith.6197

Why oh why is DR trying to stay in T8. You guys are winning, but you’re losing rating because you’re holding back….you’re losing people because of this fact alone…win harder.

Cmdr. Xandria Wolfkin
[RED] Devona’s Rest

in WvW

Siad.3608

Why oh why is DR trying to stay in T8. You guys are winning, but you’re losing rating because you’re holding back….you’re losing people because of this fact alone…win harder.

They run around in one massive zerg, so hitting 2 things at once really confuses them.

I Steal Vcrs
Basic

in WvW

Posted by: Ender.3508

Ender.3508

One thing I’ve noticed while temporarily being of Ferg is that most of the Zerg accusations about DR are true, not all, but most. When ferg holds something they hold it everywhere, they have guys posted in every likely target with a few large roaming groups as well. Whereas, if someone call out DR zerg at ‘X’ you dont really have to worry about them being anywhere else.

Now, since I have nothing but love for SoCo and RGTG and I have a decent amount of experience with them, I’m obligated to point out that this dynamic changes a bit when they are on the map. They split forces for maximal gain, report poorly defended structures, and request assistance when its needed…but sadly until all DR commanders are doing this the server is going to operating at far less than optimal capacity.

Also I’d like to shout out to BSty. Fun fights, guys generally avoid the zerginess, and made me nerd rage a few times.

Kretna 80 Elementalist
ex – The Midnight Syndicate [Dark]
Maguuma

in WvW

ktith.6197

They run around in one massive zerg, so hitting 2 things at once really confuses them.

This gave me a rofl moment, but it’s also sad that it’s come to that.

/cheers

Cmdr. Xandria Wolfkin
[RED] Devona’s Rest

in WvW

WrathOfGod.4695

Sorry Kain, but after what you guys did on the reset. DR has it out for you.

Should be fun to watch from our new keeps.

in WvW

Posted by: Berkut.2837

Berkut.2837

What did we do on the reset?

Auri Nimayil: Lvl 80 Thief (Kaineng)

in WvW

Posted by: LegoTechnic.5910

LegoTechnic.5910

Siad.3608

What confuses me about statements like these is that they appear on the same page only a few posts below a video that proves it isn’t completely true. Yes, occasionally a commander will call and rally almost everyone on the map, and they will roll around crushing objectives in the most demoralizing manner possible (to the opposition), but by and large there is almost always a small group active somewhere, as well as any number of scouts and watchers trying to keep an eye on locations. I know for a fact that I’ve seen GASM run a successful small and independent group to take and defend the north of EB while other commanders pushed the zerg against Kaineng in the south, largely because I tagged along with them. I have also seen others do the same, and there is quite often a small group running karma trains in enemy bl’s when the mood strikes. Additionally unless the zerg is supplying for a big hit, there is usually only 4-5 people retaking supply camps as needed unless they’re overly defended (and sometimes those cave camps can be terribly fortified).

And it’s not like this is unique to DR. I have run across small groups of LARP, NoQQ, and KAIN (and others) doing precision hits on towers or holding a supply camp with siege and chokepoints, but by and large when I see FC being active on a map it is as part of a massive zerg, or at best the vanguard before the rest of the force arrives en masse. Kain is largely no different, and I’ve seen them number-push into the southeast EB keep many times over the past few weeks. The rolling zerg is strong, and kid all you like everyone uses it. Sometimes it’s done better than others, as I remember a particular FC zerg that included a group of about five that would routinely group stealth and run fairly successful flanking maneuvers from the other side to disrupt the DR raid, but a zerg with benefits is still a zergtastic experience.

I have roamed alone, and I have run across members of FC and Kain doing the same, often either headed to the same skillpoint area, jumping puzzle, or PvE camp, and occasionally headed off somewhere else entirely. Sometimes this leads to a fight and sometimes it doesn’t, often it leads to 3v1 in some respect (if we’re both alone we almost always pass each other by). I have also seen small groups of five taking a supply camp and called in backup to stop them (because I have no illusions about my abilities and skill here), just as I have been a member of a small group of 5 running around and taking supply camps (and occasionally towers, which happens more often than you’d think). So talk your smack and post your fun, but keep in mind that the Wv3 playerbase fluctuates wildly throughout the day and what you may assume is the truth based on a narrow window of encounters likely is just that—a tunneled view of a wider forest.

in WvW

Posted by: JudgeD.5673

JudgeD.5673

I’d like to know what we did to DR? And, I’d like to know how LEGOTECHNIC runs around the map without some lone wolf jumping him? It’s been my experience on my eng that if I do that, I’m done for if I’m spotted, whether FC or DR. Just bear in mind that DR seems to be going for a war of attrition here, likely winning because no supply equals no fort/tower upgrade. They take our supply camps and we don’t have the numbers to defend everywhere like FC. It’s almost as if they have decided that superior numbers equate to “Kaineng Must Die”. Seems unfair to me.

The Robertsons – Julie, Lyana, Adrian, and Lewis
CrSy/LaWz
Tarnished Coast Server (formerly of Kaineng)

in WvW

WrathOfGod.4695

Completely destroyed our BL and almost wiped us off EB. You guys didn’t let up on the BL for atleast 12 hours just zerging the whole thing. I still admit though, you Kain’s and your scouting is flawless.

in WvW

Posted by: Nethod.7068

Nethod.7068

Completely destroyed our BL and almost wiped us off EB. You guys didn’t let up on the BL for atleast 12 hours just zerging the whole thing. I still admit though, you Kain’s and your scouting is flawless.

Those scouts were our main forces. :o

Mercellas,
Guardian, Chef

in WvW

StormWolf.7645

LoL. DR’s upset that they got owned by the littlest giant? Here’s a tissue, I’d like it back when you’re done so I can feast upon your tears. Because thus far all that’s happened is I’ve gotten a LOT of Devona Loot Bags as a result of your tears, and I’m happy to take more. Kaineng already knows we can’t win…so we’re quite satisfied every kitten time we crush your numerically superior Zergs and push you right out of our BL. Will it happen every time? Hell no…we don’t have the numbers or time coverage, but every time it does happen is hilarious.

As for Zergs: It is NOT meant offensively, but SoS is by far the main source of zerging on Kaineng, so if you’ve been Zerged it was likely them. While Kaineng has a very small WvW population, when SoS comes out to play ANY Server would know it as they’re crushed beneath the waves that wash over them. SoS can single-handedly give EB a queue and that’s their preferred playground.

As for the whole “Kaineng must die.” I say “BRING IT ON!” I’ve gotten nearly 100 Badges of Honor in the last 2 days, most beautiful moment was when they charged Mendon’s the other night. The whole Lord’s Room was COVERED with my Loot Bags. Did DR win the fight? Hell yes…they crushed us and took Mendon’s. But we killed more than 4 times our numbers before going down.

Other members of Kaineng need to accept that unless SoS becomes a full-time WvW Guild, we won’t be a contender in WvW and enjoy what we can.

in WvW

Siad.3608

http://i.imgur.com/G2r8K.jpg

It’s really quite flattering that you 20 felt the need to drop 2 ballistas for 5 of us. Then again when you did leave the comfort of your siege you got wiped.

I Steal Vcrs
Basic

(edited by Siad.3608)

in WvW

Oozo.7856

Hackers exist on all sides. And that isn’t 20 people. That’s just a minion necro and a couple of mesmers.

in WvW

StormWolf.7645

…This forum acts incredibly weird sometimes by not opening up at all.