Ferguson's Crossing, how is roaming there?

in WvW

Posted by: SpellOfIniquity.1780

SpellOfIniquity.1780

I’ve been on about a dozen different servers and have come to the conclusion that it’s best I move lower rather than higher for a good roaming experience. Since most of my time has been spent in T1 as a solo roamer and a bit in T3/4 and T2 I’m starting to think a server much lower on the scale would be more friendly for someone who dislikes being in groups.

So out of curiosity, how is roaming in Ferguson’s Crossing? Are there frequently guild groups or 3 – 5+ man gank groups? Or is it mostly duo’s or solos?

I know it doesn’t matter where I go, no server is going to be perfect. I’m just interested in finding a happy medium where I can roam, flip camps, have fights, etc. without constantly being ganked every time I engage someone. Currently on Yak’s Bend I absolutely cannot fight someone without immediately being outnumbered because Fort Aspenwood has about 10 people per square inch of every map.

Necromancer, Ranger, Warrior, Engineer
Champion: Phantom, Hunter, Legionnaire, Genius
WvW rank: Diamond Colonel | Maguuma

in WvW

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

FC has ben “enjoying” a volatile state, sometimes in T8, sometimes in 7, even in 6 depending on the vagueries of the matchups. FC seems to field a small core of roamers on the FCBL with occasional forays into other maps, though most of that is herd play. Depending on who we’re facing, it can be anything from 1’s and 2’s to 4+ havoc squads. With the dailies, opposition can be very mixed in terms of skill, with everything from highly skilled to people who think they’re still in PvE. Good fights certainly can be had, though there are certain servers (when we’re up-tiered) where it seems we’re always outnumbered.

in WvW

Posted by: oscuro.9720

oscuro.9720

You are completely right about being lower than higher! I am a Kaineng roamer but transferred to FC recently in order to fight my fellow kainenites fun experience, and plan on continuing it for a while until i wish to return to FC. A lot of FC are good skill and friendly. Kain has a bit lower skill because our major guild has a relatively low skill level. Our higher end roamers are fairly good, but most of us transferred to FC because we wanted to fight against Kaineng for a little bit

in WvW

Posted by: that baby stealing dingo.7216

that baby stealing dingo.7216

I’m just interested in finding a happy medium where I can roam, flip camps, have fights, etc. without constantly being ganked every time I engage someone.

You should like FC then. There is plenty of open space to roam without getting ganked, as long as you’re cautious. I used to make a living flipping camps and slapping yaks on other people’s BLs with my short bow ranger.

Sometimes the server is so dead you’ll wonder what’s going on, but it usually picks up within an hour or two.

There’s also a real chance to get to know other players, since there aren’t as many of us on FC and we tend to recognize the ones that spend real time there.

Happy roaming.

I have a sword, a dagger, and an estimated life span of 2.47 seconds.

(edited by that baby stealing dingo.7216)

in WvW

Posted by: SpellOfIniquity.1780

SpellOfIniquity.1780

I’m just interested in finding a happy medium where I can roam, flip camps, have fights, etc. without constantly being ganked every time I engage someone.

You should like FC then. There is plenty of open space to roam without getting ganked, as long as you’re cautious. I used to make a living flipping camps and slapping yaks on other people’s BLs with my short bow ranger.

Sometimes the server is so dead you’ll wonder what’s going on, but it usually picks up within an hour or two.

There’s also a real chance to get to know other players, since there aren’t as many of us on FC and we tend to recognize the ones that spend real time there.

Happy roaming.

That sounds ideal to me. I’ll be moving over some time next week (:

Necromancer, Ranger, Warrior, Engineer
Champion: Phantom, Hunter, Legionnaire, Genius
WvW rank: Diamond Colonel | Maguuma

in WvW

Posted by: Ventari.8257

Ventari.8257

Orrrrrrrr you could join Kaineng where you are welcome to join my guild which I plan to be a small roam/WvW PvP focused guild. Join kaineng so you can have more of challenge

in WvW

Posted by: aquabat.2986

aquabat.2986

T7, where it is so dead you have to run around for 2 hours to find anything to do.