Few issues in WvW at Aurora Glade vs Abaddon's Mouth

in WvW

Posted by: DreaIVIS.4571

DreaIVIS.4571

Today our guild was playing some WvW.

1)

There was something that was really odd in the fights. It was the way enemy army fought. They kept pushing forward in huge numbers. They never built siege. They move in one group. They never defend the tower they took and they always push to the legendary guards and die there.

Abaddon’s Mouth had TONS and TONS of bot’s in their line up. That’s really, really frustrating to play against even they are a lot easier to beat. Numbers always beat quality.

I hope that Guild Wars developers address this issue, because it’s really taking a toll in our lines at Aurora Glade. I am not seeing bot’s everywhere, but it is so blatant. They raid camps, farm krait’s and sometime they raid towers in greater numbers. But it’s not humanly behavior to go into legendary guards in big mass and die there.

2)

I already reported this as a bug and I am wondering if other people have experienced it too.

Thiefs holding capping points with infinite stealth. We pushed to a keep through a long siege operation and when we finally got there. We held the Keep Lord’s room for at least 15 minutes. First minutes it was totally empty and it started capping but then it stopped. We saw the stealth animation now and then in the circle but we never saw the thief.

We spread aoe around the circle and tried to caught the thief off guard but it seemed impossible. We weren’t able to target it or get it in a downed state. And there was a lot of us. That should already tell to you that I am not exaggerating that it was stealth all the time. The lag might have helped it but later after this incident we tried to take a supply camp and there we were able to see the thief and immediately after the thief hit something, it disappeared.

This can’t be what the developers of GW2 want with thief’s abilities.

Summary: This was a really annoying day and so have been the last 1,5 months in WvW. Playing against bigger servers with bot’s after our first loss, because free server change made it possible for people to change server and make our server empty. Also the night gab has really been hurting us a lot. Last week the enemy had three orb’s before we even started and that’s where the downhill really started.

Our guild doesn’t want to change the server and go to the bandwagon. Even we wanted, we would lose all the influence our guild has.

The orb bonus doesn’t help the servers who are behind from the start. It makes it impossible to recover.

Thank you for listening.

(edited by DreaIVIS.4571)

in WvW

Posted by: Bastion.2716

Bastion.2716

You can add speed hackers from Gunnar’s Hold to all this mess, in 20 sec orb relocated from one side of the map to another, that’s really “fun” sport, keep it going!

in WvW

Posted by: Dina Van Heyr.3018

Dina Van Heyr.3018

will if speaking about hackers, yesterday abbadons’ members showed nice art with flying mesmers porting groups right to lords to take keeps and tower..

(edited by Dina Van Heyr.3018)

in WvW

Posted by: Corran.4957

Corran.4957

Unfortunately this match has already been ruined by hackers for me, and the german behaviour after said hacking made my opinion of them rather poor. No wonder they an upcoming server with the tactics.

So we had the match reset… get the orb in the german frontier… 5minutes later. Orb reset, hacker in the room. Then the orb is flying across the map, over the citedal (you know that place the orb cant enter!) and back to their alter.
So a decent server would go “clear hack” and let the opponents get it back. The germans took their zerg and tried to stop the retake and chased all the way back to hills. Unfortunately for them we ran slight different tactic and the orb carrier was protected from the worst of it.

<Edit: Guild name incorrect for this matchup. Got them mixed up. but doesnt change the hacking incident>

Then yesterday at 17:30ish. Germans outnumber us at greenlake 7:1 or worse. We holding them off though. What do they do. A mesmer FLYS into the lord room and their zerg port into lord room and take the tower. Of course they all say they didnt know it was cheats portal… but do they hand the tower back? nope. They defend it and say “please stop messaging us about someone cheating we cant stop them”. Sorry but you take advantage of it and dont rectify the situation then you no better.

If GH did cheat, then please get me the information as to when, where, guild involved etc etc and I see what I can do with it. But I not been on today as spent it with the wife.

(edited by Corran.4957)

in WvW

Posted by: Starfall.6425

Starfall.6425

This is quit a lot of flame and assumption in here.

1) The Part that made us laugh the most today: “The fighting Abaddon-Bot-Zerg”. I don’t want to insult Gunnar and Aurora but both your servers lack a bit in ‘open-field’ fighting strengh. Millers Sound and Piken Square were really strong when the zergs met on open fields. Your groups are easier to take down, for example with “attack and retreat” through mesmer portals. It has nothing to do with Bots, that we move a lot with the mesmer portal. The big amount of players who died against the guards were random-players who moved with our TS-Group.. wasn’t the first time.. but I’m sure they will remember some time ^^

The Bots withing the Lake.. they on the other hand are real and we hate them because they take our slots. Those bots were on Millers Sound first and after we killed them to many times they switched to Abaddon. Now we are stuck with this crap. I hope you will kill them as often as possible… we would really appreciat that.

2) The one incident with the flying orb hacker:

We had a nice 30-40 man raid going when we noticed, that someone from our server hacked Gunnars Orb. Nobody encoraged the hacker, nor did we want it to happen. Luckily for Gunnar (and for the fair-play) the hacker placed the orb in it’s spawn place and not withing the keep.

Yes we tried to stop the retake of the orb.. but we didn’t succeed. We did this because it would be the normal reaction if the hacker hadn’t been there.. because we still don’t know who did this kitten we.. mh.. ignored the fact that it happened. Maybe Gunnar is right und it wasn’t quite fair-play.. but I think it might have happen the same way if Gunnar was in our place.

3) All the other accusations:

I was on a loooot this weekend and I can’t confirm that all those other hacks did occure. I think it’s a bit exaggerated and Abaddon also noticed players of other servers who obviosely did cheat a little bit ^^ [Khul] for example is a guild i have never ever heared of.. and i play abaddon-wvw since release.

Conclusion:

We apologize for any situation where an exploit brought Abaddon some kind of advantage but we surely aren’t a server full of cheaters. Until this week not a single server accused us like this and it makes us a bit sad. We aren’t successfull because of hacks, we are successfull and that might attract hackers.

We all noticed that we play a different kind of gameplay (you work with a lot of siege, we work a lot with mesmer) but it is still a nice and even game. I hope it stays like that the rest of the week.

Greetings from Abaddon,
Starfall

[DP] – Diamond Pirates
[AM] – Abaddon’s Mouth

in WvW

Posted by: Xandax.1753

Xandax.1753

<snip>
Until this week not a single server accused us like this and it makes us a bit sad. We aren’t successfull because of hacks, we are successfull and that might attract hackers.
<snip>

Considering the number of incidents we’re faced with so far …… then you’ve gotten and utilized the effect of a lot of bad seeds lately then.

And that zaps the will to fight because I’ve had great fun running over your zergs, but seeing keeps go poof with doors and walls up and similar drains the will to fight when online.

in WvW

Posted by: Jimmy JimBob.2801

Jimmy JimBob.2801

Yes we tried to stop the retake of the orb.. but we didn’t succeed. We did this because it would be the normal reaction if the hacker hadn’t been there.. because we still don’t know who did this kitten we.. mh.. ignored the fact that it happened. Maybe Gunnar is right und it wasn’t quite fair-play.. but I think it might have happen the same way if Gunnar was in our place.

We actually had a similar incident on our servers a few weeks back. I can’t remember the exact match up but we lost our orb overnight and a hacker from our server got it back by flying into the orb room and returning it to our garrsion.

When we found out we spoke to the powers at be on the other server and agreed to let them in to our Garrison, return the orb then for them to give us back the Garrison immediately. It all happened in very good spirits and much fun was had by all.

With reference to the guy claiming we hacked them. I wasn’t on and haven’t heard anything about that but trust me when I say that as a community we want it happening as little as you guys do. It takes all the fun out of the game. If it happens again please contact someone from our server and I’m sure we can sort something out

in WvW

Posted by: vanash.2671

vanash.2671

It’s not up to other servers to report/kill YOUR bots. What about the field of flesh wurms? Flying mesmers?

You guys need to start taking control of your server rather than ignoring the fact that you have a large contingent of cheaters/ abusers.

We can’t report them, you can. Keep your own house clean or your server will forever be the one with the bad reputation.

in WvW

Posted by: Svarty.8019

Svarty.8019

Need I say anything?

Attachments:

Nobody at Anet loves WvW like Grouch loved PvP. That’s what we need, a WvW Grouch, but taller.

in WvW

Dina Van Heyr.3018

well abbadon’s must be realy despered, as soon as we got orb from theyr garrison it was taken by flying hacker within couple of minutes from our hills, good job !! you must be realy proud ..it happened about 10-15 mins ago

in WvW

Posted by: JonSnow.5610

JonSnow.5610

Right after the reset this week, Abbadon took our orb on our own borderlands. No problem with that, it all happened fair and square.
What I do have a problem with is that you took it to the hills on our map, and then when we have a zerg attacking the hills (after the update) decide to let a BOT army come up behind us and let them stand all on one place doing autoattacks on us.

We killed them all with AoE attacks and reported them.

I hope ArenaNet intervenes in this matter, because it is spinning out of control.

Many that live deserve death, and some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them?
Do not be too eager to deal out death in judgment. Even the very wise can not see all ends

in WvW

Posted by: Roo Stercogburn.9671

Roo Stercogburn.9671

Getting a lot of reports from players over the weekend on this, some screenshots to back it up too, mostly of Abaddon. While I’ve not witnessed it directly, I’ve seen the screenshots.

Poor show tbh. Cheaters reflect badly on all of us, I urge guilds to expel anyone they know has been using hacks/glitches and report them. These people spoil the game for everyone, not just the side they are playing against.

If we have cheaters on GH, hunt them down and report them. I don’t want them on my side and don’t want these scum pretending to be team players.

Master Baker on Gunnars Hold serving you hot cookies.
Looney vids at http://www.youtube.com/feed/UCRhCtfrF9GhxU1CoeZSN0kQ/u
Midnight Mayhem

in WvW

Posted by: Dee Jay.2460

Dee Jay.2460

Abaddon’s Mouth player here:

1. Bots always switch to the winning server in WvW so they farmed less. We’ve had them on our side….but also on the enemies side when losing. It’s nothing specific to our server. It’s just what botters do so they get killed less frequently.

Edit: I haven’t heard or seen bots actively partake in WvW yet. All I’ve seen of them is farming mobs in the water. But maybe they’ve evolved.

2. Yes, I can confirm that some individuals used hacks to claim the Orb shortly after the reset. I was there in TS when people made the observation. But this was an action of a few non-representative players. I can confirm that the vast majority of our players were just as surprised about this as you were. I believe many of our players reported them too.

in WvW

Posted by: Roo Stercogburn.9671

Roo Stercogburn.9671

“I can confirm that the vast majority of our players were just as surprised about this as you were. I believe many of our players reported them too.”

Good show. If we get everyone from the various servers stomping on it, the incentive to abuse failings in the game mechanics drops off (though there are some of course it will never deter).

Master Baker on Gunnars Hold serving you hot cookies.
Looney vids at http://www.youtube.com/feed/UCRhCtfrF9GhxU1CoeZSN0kQ/u
Midnight Mayhem

in WvW

Starfall.6425

It’s not up to other servers to report/kill YOUR bots. What about the field of flesh wurms? Flying mesmers?

You guys need to start taking control of your server rather than ignoring the fact that you have a large contingent of cheaters/ abusers.

We can’t report them, you can. Keep your own house clean or your server will forever be the one with the bad reputation.

You are acting like we support cheaters und are happy that they destroy our reputation.
Why can’t you report cheaters on our server? You sure can and we too. We reported the Bots in the lake I think a hundred times the first week and Miller and Piken did the same… nothing happened… don’t accuse us just because Anet can’t keep those Bots out of our borderlands.

“We need to take control of our Server back”? We don’t support them and we keep reporting them.. what else should we do? “We got a large contingent of cheaters”? You saw 1-2 Flying Mesmers and the Worm-Freak.. I’m sure this three players represent a vast ammount of players on our server >.>

I get the feeling you don’t really want to hear what I’m saying.. Abaddon is a fair Server but this week we sadly got a few loners who cheat their kitten off. You are free to report everyone who isn’t playing fair.. we don’t need those people on our server, but please stop accusing the whole server und exaggerating too much.

It is also ridiculous to think we are keeping a bot army that pops up whenever we need help. I really can’t believe those incidents where a bot army should appear and def our keep. Why and how should farmbots do that? You know how Abaddon deffs it’s keep quite often? We gather inside the keep, set a portal behind the attackers and burst them down. Most pealple at the gate realize this move far to slow and it is a cake to end a siege this way. If our TS-Group of 30-40 Players appears behind you and stays on the same spot and later scatters to finish the last players… this is surely no bot-zerg!

~Starfall
{Abaddon’s Mouth]

[DP] – Diamond Pirates
[AM] – Abaddon’s Mouth

in WvW

Posted by: AkiraZero.8514

AkiraZero.8514

Just seen a few Abaddons Mouth players fly hack into Long View Tower on the Aurora Glade Borderlands and then Mesmer port in a team of players, luckily there weren’t many of them so a few of us plus the vets killed them!
Seriously, why cheat when you’re ahead :S

Akira Antares/Necrosymphonic/Valiant Echo [AVA] [ZERO]
Gandara

in WvW

Posted by: Saskia.2893

Saskia.2893

Guys, if things like this happen make as many print-screens as you can (especially if you’re from AM, you can see their names). Send it exploits@arena.net, show it here so the leaders of those involved guilds can react and investigate.
Let’s work to together to get rid of those players. They are spoiling fun for both sides.

I was on AG borderlands after the reset and I saw that weird group of AM players. And I’m sure that they were bots.They all spammed auto-attack, they all had low lvl gear and they all were rangers with bear pets. It was a group of 20+ and they appeared behind us. But I don’t think they were sent after our players, I think we simply got to their scripted path.

in WvW

Posted by: AkiraZero.8514

AkiraZero.8514

The hackers from AM are from the guild [War] just fyi.

Akira Antares/Necrosymphonic/Valiant Echo [AVA] [ZERO]
Gandara

in WvW

Starfall.6425

Guys, if things like this happen make as many print-screens as you can (especially if you’re from AM, you can see their names). Send it exploits@arena.net, show it here so the leaders of those involved guilds can react and investigate.
Let’s work to together to get rid of those players. They are spoiling fun for both sides.

I was on AG borderlands after the reset and I saw that weird group of AM players. And I’m sure that they were bots.They all spammed auto-attack, they all had low lvl gear and they all were rangers with bear pets. It was a group of 20+ and they appeared behind us. But I don’t think they were sent after our players, I think we simply got to their scripted path.

That is something I would beleave, although I never saw them outside the lake. Do you know which place they farmed?

If you guys report players of our server you see their names after klicking the report button (I think). So also you can see their names. We also will keep tracking and reporting them.

~Starfall

[DP] – Diamond Pirates
[AM] – Abaddon’s Mouth

in WvW

Posted by: evildan.8260

evildan.8260

I’m on Gunnar’s Hold and we had several cases over the weekend of the same Abaddon clan mysteriously turning up inside keeps and towers with intact walls and gates and trying to hop round the garrison vista cliffs.

Here’s a screenshot I took of them setting up to bounce into Bay on Sunday, not ten minutes after we kicked them out for the same thing, which I’ve sent in an abuse report.

I hope all such instances of unsportsmanlike play are decried by the fair players on all server.

Attachments:

in WvW

Saskia.2893

That is something I would beleave, although I never saw them outside the lake. Do you know which place they farmed?
~Starfall

It was very close to the road leading to the garrison. East side of the map.

I’ve never seen bots outside of the lake till this week (we played against Millers and they had whole zergs of bots in the lake) but this week I stumbled upon “land” bots 3 times. One episode I’ve described already, other 2 times it was smaller groups just outside Godsword. So I believe in very special and specific circumstances they could give AM some advantage, but it’s highly unlikely and wouldn’t make a big deal of it.
I do think bots are bigger problem for you guys than for us.

I know we can report players that way. Problem is try to defend a tower and report 20+ moving targets at the same time

in WvW

Posted by: Svarty.8019

Svarty.8019

It is also ridiculous to think we are keeping a bot army that pops up whenever we need help. I really can’t believe those incidents where a bot army should appear and def our keep. Why and how should farmbots do that? You know how Abaddon deffs it’s keep quite often?

Ahh! A bot army? Perhaps. More likely just an army of gold farming accounts.

This would explain why when we completely dominated our borderlands map after the server reset, a group of 15 or so blues were spotted heading up to the Skrit tunnels (farmers like the Outmanned buff). We wondered if they were secretly building some golems, but if they were farmbots, or people who didn’t know the game very well and didn’t gear up, that would explain why when we engaged them, they fought so poorly.

Nobody at Anet loves WvW like Grouch loved PvP. That’s what we need, a WvW Grouch, but taller.

in WvW

Saskia.2893

Hmmm… now I realised, that those 2 small groups near Godsword didn’t attack me. I was able to run around close to them and report them all (they were attacking mobs), but those bots near garrison attacked us.

in WvW

Posted by: Karast.1927

Karast.1927

I’m on gunnars hold and I have seen 2 different kinds of bots since the current match up started.

There are bots that farm near the skritt / centaur camps on the borderland maps. These kill mainly pve mobs. I’’ll bet if I hunt around a bit on EB I could find them there as well.

I report any I see for Gunnars hold, but there was a large group from AM. I did spot 4-5 from AG last night as well at the centaurs on their home borderland.

The second kind of botting, the kind that enrages and infuriates me is bots that attack towers / keeps on the borderlands.

Over the weekend, and late last night / early this morning I saw a group of about 15-20 bots from AM attacking the north western tower ((near the skritt, always forget it’s name)) They were on GH borderland. They were very easy to wipe. Since all they did was auto shoot the door pretty much. I do think someone might have been guiding / controlling them, because every once in a while they would all seem to shift targets. They did not respawn after we killed them though.

I am worried that rather than being gold farmers / power levelers, this might be someone using a bot army, or multi boxing to an extreme extent to night cap.

As far as guild tags go I’ve seen a mix of tags, but mostly un-guilded players. But I’ll keep an eye out in the future for guild tags to post.

I’ll see if they show up tomorrow or later today.

If there are any AM players online that would not mind reporting them as well please let me know and I can tell you where they are if I see them.

I’ll do the same for any GH’s bots.

The only thing we can do is agree not to tolerate hackers, and bots. If we work together to monitor and report them, I think we can have a much more enjoyable and fair match up.

We had some great fights on the weekend and it’s a shame that those get overshadowed by the actions of bots, and a few hackers.

in WvW

Dina Van Heyr.3018

And another hacked orb taken by abaddon’s hackers mouth.. and they defending it like crazy after orb resets ..and if anyone from them respons here please don’t forget to mention that you strictly don’t support hacking btw about that bad apples in your ranks.. looks like an entire tree hat to be cut down

in WvW

Posted by: Bastion.2716

Bastion.2716

@ Starfall

The thing you said about open field fighting IS insulting. I’d understand if it was 1×2 ppl ratio, but when there’s a group of 10 ppl from our side(Aurora) and 40+ppl zerg of yours there’s no speaking of actual tactics, this kind of situation is run or be steamrolled(especially minding the orb buff you’ve got, I won’t discuss the way you acquired it). Least we can do – pick some stragglers who’re trying to catch up with main group, and we’re not really bragging about it. Not really a good sport, eh? No point taking on zerg x2 sizes bigger then yours without an organized group, that is the reason you think we’re “bad” at open-field fights.

About bots, there’s always 2-3 ppl around a group of bots who are actually controlled by person and it seems like they’re protecting those bots.

in WvW

Starfall.6425

@Bastion

It is also insulting to accuse whole servers because of players we cant control. I just said, without wanting to hurt sombody, that this match is easier to win on open fields. And I was speaking about 1:1 situations. If our zerg overruns a small group, or vice versa, that has nothing to do with strengh.

We just noticed, that there are more players below lvl 80 in your teams and that it is a lot easier, because of the level or other reasons, to win 1:1 situations than to win against Piken or Miller.

On the other hand we aren’t that good with siege. We got a lot of randoms who place siege-wapons on wrong places and when it’s about defending keeps.. often nobody really wants to invest a lot. Your servers, especially Gunnar, build a lot of arrowcarts and ballistas and give us a hard time attacking well defended keeps.

Topic change

I don’t really read the englisch forum a lot.. I just came here because someone else noticed this thread. We know that this match our server might have the highest amount of hackers.. we are sorry but why should the random people act different? Most actualy don’t even realize we got hackers who cheat into keeps or steal orbs.

On the other hand there are our TS-groups, we know about this situation and we report and hate those players. We use a lot of tactics to reach the victory, but non of those are cheating or playing unfair.

It is a pity that because of some hackers, all stealth-actions or ‘unexplainable victories’ are now all accused of cheating. We normally are proud if an enemy server missed a mesmer inside a keep, or if we speed-cap a keep. We sometimes let enemies intentionally take one of our forts to repair the walls and than jump down the roof and recap… all this things are fun and we enjoy them. Now the players of both your servers are a litte bit paranoid/biased and accuse a lot more actions of cheating.

Again… we know there are cheaters on our server. But it is a small number and not “A tree of bad apples”. And not every victory we reach is unfair… thanks.

~Starfall

PS: @Gunnar slow down a bit… we got a hard time keeping the first place if you go on like that ^^

PPS: English isn’t my nativ language.. i think most already noticed.

[DP] – Diamond Pirates
[AM] – Abaddon’s Mouth

(edited by Starfall.6425)

in WvW

Posted by: Jupitus.4352

Jupitus.4352

Hey Starfall – appreciate you spending time to come here with your viewpoint. It seems that many on your server are like-minded with us in not wanting any hacking or cheating of any kind and I support that 100%.

PS We’re out to get you

PPS You’re English is very good!

[MM]Jessopia – Soft and Very Squishy – Part of Gunnars Hold Community
www.gunnars-hold.eu

in WvW

Posted by: DreaIVIS.4571

DreaIVIS.4571

Although I differ in your opinion about us not being good in open field battles. The whole incident had no situation when your bot-zerg was retreating. So it’s not possible that there was a situation when you could use ““attack and retreat” through mesmer portals”. They just pushed forward and died to legendary guards and at our main tower gate.

Your players are most likely able to do that, although I haven’t seen any group or guild do it against your server. Last week I saw it being done in a fight for a camp, but it wasn’t against Abaddon.

Please note that I am talking about the situation that occurred, so we might be talking about different battles.

Also bare in mind that bot’s dying to legendary guards is not the problem. Losing the keeps and towers to sheer numbers is the problem. Bot’s bring the numbers which benefits current game-play with downed state. We are heavily out-manned, they heal, do some damage and act as a meatshield for the real players.

in WvW

Corran.4957

Heh, I like you think GH is a walkover. Given that in the fights Im involved in it seems Im often outnumbered at least 2:1 and come out victorious against both Aurora and Abbaddon.

Of course, lose some too. But I rarely run from an open field fight if I got a few of my guild with me. We happily try to show randoms there no reason to run from superior numbers, and it is great fun. Infact just an hour ago was fighting outside Aurora garrison. Was afk outside a moment (well was looking on the map), shut down map and see im down to half health and 5 enemy hitting me. Add to that the 6 going for a guildy. Heal up, down 2 players quickly (guards all dead by now btw). 3 more LoE and 1 random come along at this point. Push the enemy back. Ended up 15vs6 in Aurora favor. Ended up 0vs6. All died with 0 loses.

Repeat this in multiple scenerios. Both bigger and smaller fight sizes. Seems to be you loaded up with lots of glass builds.

That said good fights and end of week going to be interesting on scores I think.

in WvW

Saskia.2893

I don’t know if we use more siege equipment than other servers (I think we don’t use it enough tbh ) but I know we use siege to compensate difference in players numbers. In all our recent matches we were heavily outnumbered. And that’s true we have lots of low lvl players.
I won’t extrapolate my personal experiences to judge servers skills. That’s silly. I saw some neat tactics from both servers, I saw you guys doing some not-so-smart things too. I was in fights where we wreak havoc while being outnumbered and in fights that we lost despite superior numbers.
I really am having fun fighting both GH and AM. You guys have different play-style than Millers and it’s a nice change of pace for us.
GH showed up this night in huge numbers and all maps are green atm if they keep going like this, they should get 1st place by the morning

in WvW

Dina Van Heyr.3018

well if you talking about GH epic defences at hills in abaddons’ borderlands, thats true, like 10 vs about 50 until renforcements arrived in last minute ..:)

Attachments:

in WvW

Starfall.6425

I’m sorry I didn’t make it clear enough. My viewpoint of ‘us being superior in open field’ (I know words like superior is a really bad choice in a situation like wvw, but let me explain) is when I move with our TS-Group. Every Server wins and looses fights and every player experiences situation where they win 2vs6 and loose 5vs3.. it’s quite hard for me to explain in englisch.. i just hope you kind of get the idea. Abaddon isn’t superior. It was just a impression with the raids and it isn’t even important in this thread ^^ I really apreciate this match because it is very even… best we had since ever I think.

I’m just here to have a nice little small-talk with ‘the enemy’ and try to open a few minds that just because of some a server isn’t bad or unfair.

That every group wins and looses… ehm… yesterday was the perfect example. While we tried to defend the shortly before caped north-western tower in Gunners BL (I think) our TS-Group got beaten up quite nice. We lost fair and square (I think it’s said that way ^^). What we noticed was that our randoms attacked Gunnars bay.. and where already in the inner circle. We knew that the big group which beat us would also easily overrun our random group. So we moved with about 25 Players inside the outer north-wester gate of gunnars bay and waited. I tell you it was my most epic wvw-moment when eeasily over 50 Gunnar ran through the portal and player after player died against us.

I don’t want to show our ‘strangh’ with this.. for this action wasn’t really much needed… I just wanted to tell you that I had my best WvW-Moment against a Gunnar raid that beat me just 4 Minutes before ^^

I really like this round and I even wouln’t mind getting the second or third place.. I just don’t want bad blood between the servers because some hackers who choose Abaddon to be their lucky server..

~Starfall

[DP] – Diamond Pirates
[AM] – Abaddon’s Mouth

in WvW

Posted by: Hudry.3489

Hudry.3489

I don’t know how you guys manage to have fun in this hacking fest. I haven’t spent so many hours in WvW during this matchup but when I was there, there was not a single day I haven’t witnessed some kind of hacks.

Tonight I started playing in some borderland, some hacker from GH was pissing off everyone, making our actions pointless, and eventually our people started logging off. Then the legit (I hope) GH players were free to capture all we had with 10-15 people – and as I was one of the last remaining to defend our last keep, I don’t even want to know how they managed to take our inner gate down instantly after the outer gate.

I don’t want to blame the GH players or anyone, they are just playing their game and most of them probably don’t even know what was happening. But I don’t see where is the good fight there.

I want to fight for AG, I don’t mind being outnumbered, but what are we supposed to do against hacks? I feel it’s pointless to even port to WvW if at some point a random hacker will come ruling the area and screw up the matchup. Arenanet better do something before more people get sickened of WvW.

in WvW

Saskia.2893

I know how frustrating it is to be a witness of hacking and lose a keep or a tower you were upgrading and defending for an hour or more. It happened to me twice when we were facing Fort Ranik (FR). They were using jump glitch and it was so disheartening to see, especially that they danced on our corpses and spammed ‘laugh’ emote after capping. All we can do really is to try to report them.
Maybe leaders of our biggest wvw guilds could stay in touch? Big guilds have always some players online so if something bad happens, they could contact culprit server pretty fast, try to catch hackers or solve together problematic issues that arose .

Changing subject, is that true that AM has one big ts server for all wvw players? If so, I’m very envy Oh, and I saw you guys using that hide-and-kill tactic quite often. It’s neat! We use it as well (it’s harder to pull of with randoms of course) but group+mesmer+thief? Fun, fun, fun!

in WvW

Corran.4957

Saskia – I take it you are an AG player? Trying to figure it from a couple of posts.

Just so you know, GH has a server wide mumble channel. It only a couple weeks old and we still trying to get people to use it but there are a number of people that do so. Believe me when I say it is not always a good thing to have as it can be so distracting if people keep going offtopic. If i want an easy night i turn it off and stick just to guild TS. But server wide definately has its uses and you will see some of it tomorrow night possibly

in WvW

Starfall.6425

Yes a lot of Abaddons guilds decided to use one TS and we try to only advertise this one. Still, although most regular players know the TS, just a small amount of all wvw-players use it. Our main events fill the server quite nice but we can’t compete with Millers 300+ online players ^^

We are aktually happy about 100 players (primetime) and try to make the best out of it. Beside the TS we also have a few stronger wvw-guilds, but our groups are mostly random.

[DP] – Diamond Pirates
[AM] – Abaddon’s Mouth

in WvW

Saskia.2893

Saskia – I take it you are an AG player? Trying to figure it from a couple of posts.

Yes, I’m on AG and I play mostly in our borderlands.

Just so you know, GH has a server wide mumble channel.

You too? That sucks.. for us

But server wide definately has its uses and you will see some of it tomorrow night possibly

Another green flood, eh?

Our main events fill the server quite nice but we can’t compete with Millers 300+ online players ^^
We are aktually happy about 100 players (primetime) and try to make the best out of it.

To be honest it always suprises me how many players DE servers have. You always outnumber us and you never seem to sleep.
Millers gave us such a hard time last week (they always outnumbered us at least 4:1, during first night we had 14(!) people on the AG borderlands, they had a +50 zerg and couple of smaller groups) and that match was so exhausting, that when I saw we’re against another German server I wanted to scream ^^

Sadly AG doesn’t have a server wide channel, of course guilds use ts/mumble and cooperate but we could really use one main channel.

GH you guys are international server, don’t you have some problems with using voice chat?

in WvW

Xandax.1753

G.H. seems to be mainly brits and scandinavian and some other european. And a lot of “old” guilds. (Both player age and established guilds)
We don’t really have issues with language on the server. Its english in chat close to all the time and always on the voicecom.
Outside being outzerged and lack of nightcoverage we dont have many isues at all.

in WvW

Posted by: Apollothirteen.7201

Apollothirteen.7201

I am from Piken Square and we fought AM last week. They had huge zergs but they lost almost every single open fight. Zergs can be managed, no problem there. What we cannot deal with is the night early-morning capping from AM. Not a single day passed that we had less points during prime time than them. But we woke up to a green map every day. Its really disappointing to roll over a server and still by the end of the week they beat you by 100k points. Next week it seems that we will meet again.

As for hacks the only thing we noticed is that huge blob of ppl outside keep doors that they don’t take damage at all. No it not the 4-5 targets aoe restriction. They took no damage at all, not 1 single person. Some kind of area of effect exploit. Going in a glob of infinite players with a flame thrower and not seeing 1 number of dps is weird. Log said AM invader is hit for 0. And that was for all of them.

Map at 11:00 AM (CET)

Attachments:

Apollotech-Engi
Leader and commander of Necrosis[Necr] Greek pvp Community
Proud to be in Piken Square

(edited by Apollothirteen.7201)

in WvW

Posted by: Steelo.4597

Steelo.4597

I’m from Gunnars, having a great time this week! I have not been on Maps that got Orb hacked, thanks to everyone who is reporting them and thanks for giving back hacked orbs (if you do). Yesterday i was at Gunnars Borderland where Orb is in Titanpaw. Nice Try Abbadon, you almost got away with it if not for our quick response and the upgraded Titanpaw (my work :>).

Abbadons you guys have good strategy and communication – often a big zerg pop up out of nowwhere, i think you do cross-map-coordination too. very good and very interesting for us.

Aurora i’m sorry you dont have more people atm, Gunnars was in the same situation a shot time ago, but we are finding our ground again with great efforts from community. I hope you will rise again too. Btw i got my kitten kicked the hardest by Aurora this week, some of your people are very serious pvp Bunker Guardian gave some lections in pwnage to my team :7

Good fight guys, i hope Gunnars can win this because we have not won in a long time! Hope we can have more great battles this week =)

i fear we will look back to this day and remember the good old wvw as it is now – Jan 2015

in WvW

Posted by: JustT.7465

JustT.7465

Sadly AG doesn’t have a server wide channel, of course guilds use ts/mumble and cooperate but we could really use one main channel.

Maybe it’s time we sort something out?
I think one of our biggest problem is that we have a lot of small guilds but only a handful of bigger guilds like Fury & Unity. We need to get everyone signing from the same
Hmny sheet….

JustTz
[FURY]

in WvW

Xandax.1753

Have had good fights, hard fights, against Aurora IMO.

in WvW

Saskia.2893

I am from Piken Square and we fought AM last week. They had huge zergs but they lost almost every single open fight. Zergs can be managed, no problem there. What we cannot deal with is the night early-morning capping from AM. Not a single day passed that we had less points during prime time than them. But we woke up to a green map every day. Its really disappointing to roll over a server and still by the end of the week they beat you by 100k points.
Map at 11:00 AM (CET)

Life looks quite similar on AG to what you’ve described. Last week match was basically over after first night – Millers capped all maps and got enormous advantage. We have 0 presence during nights and too few players during the day to compete with sheer numbers other servers seem to have. This week AM won first night decisively but now GH seems to have more people working night shift
I’m not sure if a score at 11:00 AM is a good indicator of servers strength (unless it’s a weekend?). People work, go to school and all servers have less people online. Same with wee hours. I think the best time to look at and judge real server potential is during peek hours when player vs player happens
But I agree, with this system not necessary best servers win. It favours high numbers and nighcapping. Some time ago, on this forum, was posted alternative score system, that takes into consideration server population. I hope Anet will take a look at it.

in WvW

Xandax.1753

Saskia.2893

This week AM won first night decisively but now GH seems to have more people working night shift

Think there’s something about somebody having vacation in a country from what I’ve heard.
It’s not our usual strength at that time, as was visible in the beginning of the week were AM took pretty much everything early mornings.

in WvW

Posted by: Kyus.3812

Kyus.3812

Also from Piken Square,

we had a few issues with AM but not really hacking. It was a shame that during the matchups on prime time we were observing large guilds intentionally logging off and trying to wait for us to grow bored and log off during prime time.

we were observing guilds fighting getting wiped by us and then logging only to reappear on mass into the later night. Whilst I accept this is a completely valid tactic, it completely destroyed a week of competition. We are likely to fight abbadons mouth next week and we’d appreciate a contest this time around. Its not fair on the other AM players that stayed around trying to make a go of it during prime time.

so please if you were one of the AM guilds avoiding fights please come and support your realm next week against us during the prime time so we can have some more competitive wvw.

Kyús – 80 – Guardian// All Classes Level 80
Hand of Blood [HoB]
EU – Aurora Glade

in WvW

Starfall.6425

I enjoy every Piken post about ‘Piken dominating Abaddon always during primetime’. You guys didn’t dominate us always.. you dominated hald the time and the other half abaddon was leading during primetime too. Else we hand’t won with 100k points.

You guys are really strong on primetime, like i already said in this thread, and so it was mostly a back and forth with the points. During last week abaddon had a strong early-shift and we startet taking over all maps at around 7-9 i think. Afternoon you sometimes turned the maps and sometimes we could hold our ground.

If next week is going to be Abaddon – Piken – Gunnar it’s going to be really interesting!

~Starfall

[DP] – Diamond Pirates
[AM] – Abaddon’s Mouth

in WvW

Posted by: Vincavec.8350

Vincavec.8350

I really hope we meet Abaddon next week. I would love beat those hackers one more time… oh… Speaking of which it just happened again in GH borderlands – Garrison had no one attacking every wall and gate was at 100% and orb movement showed on the map – across the map – right into the Bay keep.

We had several of ours guys communicating with you, and none of you guys seemed to care about the orb getting stolen. Anyways quodos to you – we are aware that you need to cheat in order to keep the orbs.

If you don’t encourage hackers, please do all you can to stop it. Because AM you will just make our rage boil even further.

(Edit) – and by just I mean 3-4 hours ago – we got the orb back – the Aurora orb – which we took earlier – Yeah, okay I will not elaborate on that for now.

(edited by Vincavec.8350)

in WvW

Posted by: Kyus.3812

Kyus.3812

I enjoy every Piken post about ‘Piken dominating Abaddon always during primetime’. You guys didn’t dominate us always.. you dominated hald the time and the other half abaddon was leading during primetime too. Else we hand’t won with 100k points.

You guys are really strong on primetime, like i already said in this thread, and so it was mostly a back and forth with the points. During last week abaddon had a strong early-shift and we startet taking over all maps at around 7-9 i think. Afternoon you sometimes turned the maps and sometimes we could hold our ground.

If next week is going to be Abaddon – Piken – Gunnar it’s going to be really interesting!

~Starfall

Hi Starfall,

I wasn’t trying to inflame on the good members of AM that want to play competitively my grievance that week was the clear intentional logging during prime time rather than fighting. The lack of opposition during prime time hours was quite shocking to our guilds and hopefully should we meet in next weeks matchup the prime time combat will be hacking free and more competitive. I have no need in throwing +score numbers about just wanted to voice my concern that some of the members of your server weren’t doing the rest of you justice.

look forward to competitive competitions in the future.

Kyús – 80 – Guardian// All Classes Level 80
Hand of Blood [HoB]
EU – Aurora Glade

in WvW

Xandax.1753

Hopefully ANet will start banning soon…..