Fights>PPT

Fights>PPT

in WvW

Posted by: Sirbeaumerdier.3740

Sirbeaumerdier.3740

They can go play another game is the answer. It is sad but it is not because you have no place to play football that you are as legitimate to play football on a golf course as a golf player. Golf players are more legitimate to play golf on a golf course than football players. At best you will be tolerated. And remember that I’m myself indulging in duels regularly and it doesn’t stop me from acknowledging that fact.

Finally, if the only motivation to win lies with loot in this game (and in life) you are missing so much… I hope one day you will get it…

If the Golf course said “Play your way” maybe you could play football there. Anet has said “play your way.” That includes playing for capture points or playing for fights. Sorry you don’t see it that way, but it is the way i play.

You can do e-mote contest if you want but I will credit you with enough intelligence to understand why it would not be as legitimate as PPT.

Several of you ppl are equating the ‘freedom to play because I paid just as much’ with ‘I can do anything I kitten well want’. Bad news for you guys because nowhere in life is it like that.

Fights>PPT

in WvW

Posted by: Kasteros.9847

Kasteros.9847

To illustrate the ridiculousness behind the line of thinking…

The irony is strong…

WvW in terms of “winning” as in the score & PPT is a complete and utter joke, and is utterly worthless, for the vast majority of matchups over the course of this game “winning” has consisted of the difference in the number of players the servers have online between about 1am and 3pm the next day, and mindlessly PvDooring against minimal or zero resistance at those times.

The only ridiculous line of thinking is that of deluding yourself that PPT and “winning” at PPT is anything but a totally valueless exercise.

You have worked hard to miss the point so completely. The point was, are you part of the problem or part of the solution. If you refuse to play for PPT in a game designed to be won with PPT you only make it worse and therefore are part of the problem.

The point isn’t so much about winning than it is about showing respect to those that play the game as it’s intended to be. I personally don’t care a bit about the end result, and fights are what is more interesting, but I play to win even if it is mathematically impossible to win. It is a question of attitude.

What about players that want fights only? Anet didn’t make border for them So they have to fight at PPT borders, simple. Also where is wrote that u must ppt? Fighting is also part of WvW so gvg play as intended. Next thing is what win give u? 3 more chests for ranks? Don’t make me laugh pls, winning don’t give u a kitten lol

They can go play another game is the answer. It is sad but it is not because you have no place to play football that you are as legitimate to play football on a golf course as a golf player. Golf players are more legitimate to play golf on a golf course than football players. At best you will be tolerated. And remember that I’m myself indulging in duels regularly and it doesn’t stop me from acknowledging that fact.

Finally, if the only motivation to win lies with loot in this game (and in life) you are missing so much… I hope one day you will get it…

Give me other game with same combat then I’m not missing anything lol ppt…such amazing…smash doors for whole day…so much fun I wouldn;t be able to play football at golf court cos of security and rules Also i can give u example from real life too, shopping centre is supposed to make u buy stuff, but ppl meet there cos they WANT that and it is allowed So once again, don’t blame ppl for fighting cos they want it and it is a way of playing WvW too – WHERE ANET WROTE THAT AT WvW U HAVE TO PPT ONLY?! It isn’t about loot lol – when i want loot i go fractal. It is about fights – IT IS fun for me – not some knocking in doors with a head like a zombie, and no1 can prohibit me to do this

Show me a law that specifically states I should not urinate on your shoes? Shouldn’t I be free to do that as well? Under your “it’s fun for me” theory, I should.

And the rule you asked for:

Officially listed as things you may not do in the legal documents section at the bottom of this page.

This also includes disrupting other people’s game experience by not actively participating in matches in good faith

There is also a section that states that you may not degrade another players experience. Which I feel you are doing when you play outside the intended parameters of the game.

Now link me this rulesbook pls That is what i found( nice rule manipulation and lie a ka forcing someone to follow rule that don’t exist for this gamemode):

While participating in Plaver-vs-Player (PvP) gameplay, you will not participate in any form of match manipulation. Match manipulation is defined as any action taken to fix or manipulate the outcome of a match or alter or manipulate the rankings or ratings of the ladder. This also includes disrupting other people’s game experience by not actively participating in matches in good faith, a.k.a leeching.

And NO, WvW is not PvP that is what anet said and that is what forums says( u have pvp subforum and wvw subforum) U also have this splitted in game – pvp tab and wvw tab

[One][SiOn][dF]
16.03.15 We remember! R.I.P. MT
Shocking interview with Anet WvW Dev

(edited by Kasteros.9847)

Fights>PPT

in WvW

Posted by: GROMIT.7829

GROMIT.7829

PPT score is basically determined by coverage, and most of times there’s 0 things you can do about it.

Fights, in the other hand, can be unpredictable and exciting, no matter how disparity the numbers apparently can be. As Coldtart said, if you play for the fun the choice is obvious.

Bullcrap

My server has beaten enemies thatfar outnumber us over and over again because we play PPT correctly and crush them in fights. you’re talking total crap.

!!!! YOU’RE NOT MY SUPERVISOR !!!!

Fights>PPT

in WvW

Posted by: briggah.7910

briggah.7910

Fights are fun. PPT is not fun. I play the game to have fun. I don’t speak for anyone else in that regard but if I did I’d say that other people play the game for fun as well.

You like having waypoints in your keeps? Them fighting guilds didn’t give you those waypoints..

Player Vs Everyone
youtube channel - twitch channel

Fights>PPT

in WvW

Posted by: Kanebrake.6192

Kanebrake.6192

Fights are fun. PPT is not fun. I play the game to have fun. I don’t speak for anyone else in that regard but if I did I’d say that other people play the game for fun as well.

You like having waypoints in your keeps? Them fighting guilds didn’t give you those waypoints..

Glad you asked. Yes a wp is a convenience but not a necessity. And there’s a very good chance one or more of the fighting guilds did have a large part in taking and/or defending the keep in order to get the wp in there.

“For fights” doesn’t mean they do nothing else at all, ever. I’m sure there are few like that but the vast majority are helping to making it possible for the ppt focused guilds to do their thing. Same as ppt guilds are making it possible for the fight focused guilds to do theirs. That’s why it’s a team.

BG

Fights>PPT

in WvW

Posted by: Phantom.5389

Phantom.5389

Lots of new posts all over. Basically, from what I’ve seen so far in this conversation. There would exist 3 kind of mindset for GW2 WvW gamers. There exist ‘’PPT players’‘. There exist people who play ’’for the fights’’ and then there are those who will troll/Bad manners others for playing only PPT or only ‘’for the fights’’. It is the only conclusion I can come up with.

As it was mentioned before, ‘’for the fights’’ players do participate in PPT, they might not drop their swords and run in order to waypoint back home once engaged in a battle to go save a WP, but they will eventually give some kind of PPT to their server.

The ‘’PPT players’’ while contributing to the server score will build up waypoints and such (which makes travel a lot faster for ‘’for the fights players’‘). They will also come down and fights in the open field alongside their server mates who play ’’for the fights’’ once in a while.

The last category would be the kind of players who build troll siege and insult the ‘’PPT players’’ for how they play the game OR the kind of players who run into an obvious GvG/duel in order to make ‘’for the fights’’ players angry while insulting those who don’t focus on PPT.

I simply hope we can be civilized and find a way to actually cohabit. Play your part and be confident in what you bring to your server even if the trolls will tell you otherwise. Don’t blame each others and enjoy the time you spend on Gw2 ^^

Fights>PPT

in WvW

Posted by: Ranael.6423

Ranael.6423

I think colin in PAX East made an analogy of WvW with a RTS game. I found it a good comparison. An in such a game you don’t send your troops against other to just PK, you do that to get some ressources or deny some space to the other teams. That’s why the new BL will have all these chokepoints. Some people are the “drones” who gather supply or drive dolyaks. The difference is you don’t build the structures, only their defense.
The “rule” of the game is PPT and saying it is PK is just saying that sPvP is made for dueling. This is only true in custom.

That said, since people in majority don’t set global objectives for themselves, it is the role of the devs to balance the rewards towards what they want the objectives to be. For example defense should be rewarded like SW (personal chest or keep chest), the stronger your keep the better the reward. The reward could also scale with your PPT. Some games have dungeons in RvR objectives, attracting more people in the game mode. Or EB could be only accessed via the borderlands (either in a keep or a portal open if you control enough of the map).
On the other hand bags from ennemies could be capped per short time frame to promote roaming while discouraging zerg versus zerg or GvG.
Note this is not what I want or not, I’m just saying that the devs should make the rules they want clearer by putting the rewards where they want the game to take place.

Fights>PPT

in WvW

Kasteros.9847

I think colin in PAX East made an analogy of WvW with a RTS game. I found it a good comparison. An in such a game you don’t send your troops against other to just PK, you do that to get some ressources or deny some space to the other teams. That’s why the new BL will have all these chokepoints. Some people are the “drones” who gather supply or drive dolyaks. The difference is you don’t build the structures, only their defense.
The “rule” of the game is PPT and saying it is PK is just saying that sPvP is made for dueling. This is only true in custom.

That said, since people in majority don’t set global objectives for themselves, it is the role of the devs to balance the rewards towards what they want the objectives to be. For example defense should be rewarded like SW (personal chest or keep chest), the stronger your keep the better the reward. The reward could also scale with your PPT. Some games have dungeons in RvR objectives, attracting more people in the game mode. Or EB could be only accessed via the borderlands (either in a keep or a portal open if you control enough of the map).
On the other hand bags from ennemies could be capped per short time frame to promote roaming while discouraging zerg versus zerg or GvG.
Note this is not what I want or not, I’m just saying that the devs should make the rules they want clearer by putting the rewards where they want the game to take place.

Well if they do so, i bet that 3/4 of WvW community – they play for fights, will leave this game Cos u can’tt have huge fights at spvp and lootbags are a pay for hard work, if tehy nerf loot no1 will like to vaste hours to not get anything – in same amount of time they would get much mroe at pve. Also anet nerfed WvW loot lot of times by so called “ninja nerfs”.

[One][SiOn][dF]

Fights>PPT

in WvW

Posted by: Ranael.6423

Ranael.6423

Well if they do so, i bet that 3/4 of WvW community – they play for fights, will leave this game Cos u can’tt have huge fights at spvp and lootbags are a pay for hard work, if tehy nerf loot no1 will like to vaste hours to not get anything – in same amount of time they would get much mroe at pve. Also anet nerfed WvW loot lot of times by so called “ninja nerfs”.

That is exactly what I meant, people don’t love big fights for fights, they love them because of the rewards. I’m quite sure that if it was more rewarding to split in 10-20 man groups and defend objectives, people would love that… still not because of that but because it rewards them more.

Fights>PPT

in WvW

Kasteros.9847

That is exactly what I meant, people don’t love big fights for fights, they love them because of the rewards. I’m quite sure that if it was more rewarding to split in 10-20 man groups and defend objectives, people would love that… still not because of that but because it rewards them more.

Well but thsi will make ppl bored by ppt…for example, u go SW chest farm and get bored to death or fsg chest farm and have some fighting and excitment with going fast enough to kill champ? Also it is profitable to cap stuff – u have champ lootbags which usually give u t6 or some other usefull stuff and have huge chance for exo.

[One][SiOn][dF]

Fights>PPT

in WvW

Posted by: alcopaul.2156

alcopaul.2156

your server becomes number 1 because of ppt, not fights.

Fights>PPT

in WvW

Kasteros.9847

Like I care about place out of season, it gives u nothing except “fame” that u were 1 lol such nice…also fighter do muuuuuch more than ppters why? 1. of all they give points for every downed player finished – that is a lot. 2. they stop enemy groups form capping cos they keep em busy. PPTers don’t win match-ups, fighter do it, they just serve as covering team to cap when enemy is stuck in fights

[One][SiOn][dF]

Fights>PPT

in WvW

Posted by: zinkz.7045

zinkz.7045

When “number 1” is worthless, only PvE players, newbies who know no better or the hard of thinking, care.

In fact some servers are actively trying to avoid being “number 1” as all it does is attract bandwagon scrubs who can’t fight, and you get what happened to the current EU “number 1” server, who deteriorated from being a really good server long ago to one made up of walking lootbags these days.

(edited by zinkz.7045)

Fights>PPT

in WvW

Posted by: coglin.1867

coglin.1867

Well but thsi will make ppl bored by ppt…for example, u go SW chest farm and get bored to death or fsg chest farm and have some fighting and excitment with going fast enough to kill champ? Also it is profitable to cap stuff – u have champ lootbags which usually give u t6 or some other usefull stuff and have huge chance for exo.

Who are “all these people” you keep referring to?

How about you stick to sharing your opinion, and stop disingenuously claiming to speak for “all these people” okay. You can share what bores you, excites you, or you enjoy, that’s fine. Stop claiming what does that for everyone else. If your points have merit, they can do so on their own. When you have to disingenuously misrepresent your argument in that manner to try to add weight to it, it comes across to me as if you do not even believe it yourself.

When “number 1” is worthless, only PvE players, newbies who know no better or the hard of thinking, care.

So let me make sure I am following you here. You have made a few post demanding your way is legitimate and demand others here respect what is fun for others? Then you go on to attack what is fun for others? It seems to me, you do not care about respecting what is values or fun to anyone else other then using it as a smoke screen to validate your wants.

A video on what weak PvPer’s and WvWer’s want.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6q3em9s5I4c

(edited by coglin.1867)

Fights>PPT

in WvW

Posted by: zinkz.7045

zinkz.7045

So let me make sure I am following you here. You have made a few post demanding your way is legitimate and demand others here respect what is fun for others? Then you go on to attack what is fun for others? It seems to me, you do not care about respecting what is values or fun to anyone else other then using it as a smoke screen to validate your wants.

I haven’t “demanded” anything, I’ve stated if people enjoy PPT fine, great play PPT, it is certain PPT people in this thread that think everyone should play their way that are making “demands”.

As a competitive point scoring game WvW is a complete joke, where “winning” most matchups is simply a case of one server having more players online at various off-peak times than the other two, and ticking for silly amounts for hours on end when there is basically no real opposition, there is no skill or no achievement in that.

Now if you have fun playing PPT that is fine, no skin off my nose, but I’m not going to pretend that I don’t think it is laughable when people go on about being “number 1” in a game that is a total joke competitively just because you may be a bit delicate and not want to hear the reality.

(edited by zinkz.7045)

Fights>PPT

in WvW

Kasteros.9847

Who are “all these people” you keep referring to?

How about you stick to sharing your opinion, and stop disingenuously claiming to speak for “all these people” okay. You can share what bores you, excites you, or you enjoy, that’s fine. Stop claiming what does that for everyone else. If your points have merit, they can do so on their own. When you have to disingenuously misrepresent your argument in that manner to try to add weight to it, it comes across to me as if you do not even believe it yourself.

1. of all i didn’t wrote “all these people”, I wrote “ppl” it is diffrence, cos by ppl I claimed my guild and other fighting guilds that I know. But let’s not make offtop kay? As for PPT, u wanna us to play ur way but u get in our way even at OS so this would never happen – atm. lot of fighters hate ppters by simple fact of engaging in our gvgs and scrims( keep doing that and we will make ppt a hell by queueing greed by ur point upgrades etc.). Same goes for mill – today some kittened comm prefered to engage in gvg in a place of defending cos he hate fighters and by acting like that u suppose us to do what u tell us?! Nevah, not with UR( PPTers) attitude to us( fighters).

[One][SiOn][dF]

Fights>PPT

in WvW

Posted by: aspirine.6852

aspirine.6852

But ppk should also count, not just ppt. It wont hurt the top servers much, since they zerg kill anyway. And it would help roamers be even more usefull than they already are.

Fights>PPT

in WvW

Posted by: T raw.4658

T raw.4658

The irony is strong…

WvW in terms of “winning” as in the score & PPT is a complete and utter joke, and is utterly worthless, for the vast majority of matchups over the course of this game “winning” has consisted of the difference in the number of players the servers have online between about 1am and 3pm the next day, and mindlessly PvDooring against minimal or zero resistance at those times.

The only ridiculous line of thinking is that of deluding yourself that PPT and “winning” at PPT is anything but a totally valueless exercise.

You have worked hard to miss the point so completely. The point was, are you part of the problem or part of the solution. If you refuse to play for PPT in a game designed to be won with PPT you only make it worse and therefore are part of the problem.

The point isn’t so much about winning than it is about showing respect to those that play the game as it’s intended to be. I personally don’t care a bit about the end result, and fights are what is more interesting, but I play to win even if it is mathematically impossible to win. It is a question of attitude.

What about players that want fights only? Anet didn’t make border for them So they have to fight at PPT borders, simple. Also where is wrote that u must ppt? Fighting is also part of WvW so gvg play as intended. Next thing is what win give u? 3 more chests for ranks? Don’t make me laugh pls, winning don’t give u a kitten lol

Give me other game with same combat then I’m not missing anything lol ppt…such amazing…smash doors for whole day…so much fun I wouldn;t be able to play football at golf court cos of security and rules Also i can give u example from real life too, shopping centre is supposed to make u buy stuff, but ppl meet there cos they WANT that and it is allowed So once again, don’t blame ppl for fighting cos they want it and it is a way of playing WvW too – WHERE ANET WROTE THAT AT WvW U HAVE TO PPT ONLY?! It isn’t about loot lol – when i want loot i go fractal. It is about fights – IT IS fun for me – not some knocking in doors with a head like a zombie, and no1 can prohibit me to do this

Show me a law that specifically states I should not urinate on your shoes?

Uhh thats called assault, indecent exposure, and you’d prolly get slapped with a sex offender tag.

Also the rule you are stating is talking about PvP not WvW.

Thanks for playing though

Fights>PPT

in WvW

Posted by: dancingmonkey.4902

dancingmonkey.4902

The irony is strong…

Uhh thats called assault, indecent exposure, and you’d prolly get slapped with a sex offender tag.

Then where is the argument demanding the right to solely PvP in WvW and not play toward the point of WvW? If you argue against it as a player versus player aspect, then the argument for ignoring the game modes directive in loo of fights seems unreasonable.

Assault? Sex offence? Exposure? I thought the question was “shoe me” the rules, not declare them?

Fights>PPT

in WvW

Posted by: T raw.4658

T raw.4658

The irony is strong…

Then where is the argument demanding the right to solely PvP in WvW and not play toward the point of WvW? If you argue against it as a player versus player aspect, then the argument for ignoring the game modes directive in loo of fights seems unreasonable.

Assault? Sex offence? Exposure? I thought the question was “shoe me” the rules, not declare them?

You didn’t pay my $60 for the game. I can play however I want as long as I’m playing within the rules

Fights>PPT

in WvW

coglin.1867

To be fair. Someone asked to be shown a rule. Under the context of player v player, it seems applicable. It doesn’t specify structured pvp.

Fights>PPT

in WvW

Posted by: Ballads.2509

Ballads.2509

To be fair. Someone asked to be shown a rule. Under the context of player v player, it seems applicable. It doesn’t specify structured pvp.

WvW =/= PvP. It is its own game mode. There are lots of ways to enjoy it. Some player might only do wvw for the Jumping Puzzles, never fighting player vrs player, or operating siege.

Fights>PPT

in WvW

coglin.1867

Thread is about player v player fights and PPT. Not jumping puzzle v anything.

Fights>PPT

in WvW

Posted by: Ballads.2509

Ballads.2509

Just pointing out you cant really classify WvW as PvP in the sense that you try apply it to that rule.

Fights>PPT

in WvW

coglin.1867

Just pointing out you cant really classify WvW as PvP in the sense that you try apply it to that rule.

Arenanet seems to think so.

“World versus World (also known as WvW) is a Player versus Player game mode where players from three different servers, or worlds, battle in the Mists.”

Fights>PPT

in WvW

Phantom.5389

Are you guys for real? Read all posts before going on a subject that has already been discussed. Go look under -Roles- Sections on the official Gw2 Wiki about WvW.

In most WvW, there is some form of zerg where large numbers of players congregate to capture objectives. Zergs are usually led by 1 or more commanders. This allows friendly players who are not part of the zerg to know the current position of the zerg. […]

The combat among zergs can also be divided into open field and wall fighting, where the latter describes the situation of one team fighting from the top of the walls of a tower, keep or castle. Front-line role occurs in open area combat. It is usually filled by tank professions such as Guardian or Warrior. They can push the line or flank the enemy zerg in an open area fight. In the case of wall fighting, front-line role is at a minimal.

Roamers are usually individuals or very small groups that go behind enemy lines to achieve objectives that would normally be impractical or impossible for a zerg. They include:

Killing or deterring enemy stragglers and reinforcements
Defending and destroying supply caravans
Capturing enemy camps
Tagging (or tapping) – Attacking an enemy keep sufficiently that it (and its waypoint, if any) becomes contested
Providing intel about enemy zerg size and position
Creating diversion for enemy zerg

For the fights players plays within the rules as much as a PPT player plays within the rules.

Please read before speaking. Thanks for your understanding.

Fights>PPT

in WvW

Kasteros.9847

LOL? I see WvW subforum r am i wrong? xD Also the rule is about PvP stated by ANET and this is HOTM not WvW borderlands Show me rule where is wrote " this apply to WvW"

[One][SiOn][dF]

Fights>PPT

in WvW

coglin.1867

Phantom earlier was specific to point out that they do not: (by the way, nice stealth add of your own, that is not actually on the wiki)

Capturing enemy camps
Tagging (or tapping) – Attacking an enemy keep sufficiently that it (and its waypoint, if any) becomes contested

you were very specific about dueling style fights only.

If you are doing those other aspects that aid your server, then I am all for it. That is not the impression you gave as your position earlier in this thread.

Based on Anets definition here:

“World versus World (also known as WvW) is a Player versus Player game mode where players from three different servers, or worlds, battle in the Mists.”

That rule would apply, as they defin it as PvP and do not separate it from sPvP.

I am not saying I am against fighting and enjoying it. I was simply pointing out that I saw where another poster was coming from. As Anet specifically defined WvW as PvP themselves, I do not understand why you are so dismissing of it.

(edited by coglin.1867)

Fights>PPT

in WvW

Kasteros.9847

Phantom earlier was specific to point out that they do not:

Capturing enemy camps

you were very specific about dueling style fights only.

If you are doing those other aspects that aid your server, then I am all for it. That is not the impression you gave as your position earlier in this thread.

Based on Anets definition here:

That rule would apply, as they defin it as PvP and do not separate it from sPvP.

I am not saying I am against fighting and enjoying it. I was simply pointing out that I saw where another poster was coming from. As Anet specifically defined WvW as PvP themselves, I do not understand why you are so dismissing of it.

No no no, that rule was about sPvP They can call it PvP but this doesn’t change the fact this rule apply to it

[One][SiOn][dF]

(edited by Kasteros.9847)

Fights>PPT

in WvW

coglin.1867

No, or it would have specified (s)PvP. and not stated simply PvP on the same site that they declaratively state WvW is PvP.

You may deny it all you wish, it will not make it less true that they stated it.

Fights>PPT

in WvW

Kasteros.9847

Well but that was about PvP GAMEMODE while WvW is pvp yes, cos how to call player against player? LoL? So WvW is also pve, cos u fight against mobs too. Then this rule don’t apply cos WvW is PvE not PvP, simple conclusion

[One][SiOn][dF]

Fights>PPT

in WvW

Posted by: Ruru.1302

Ruru.1302

Just play however you want. Don’t let other players dictate how you play. If you don’t want to defend a t3 keep, by all means, don’t. At the end of the day you’re playing to have fun, and if PPT is not fun for you, don’t do it. Vice versa.

mag
[Mada] Apocryfia

Fights>PPT

in WvW

Posted by: aspirine.6852

aspirine.6852

Just play however you want. Don’t let other players dictate how you play. If you don’t want to defend a t3 keep, by all means, don’t. At the end of the day you’re playing to have fun, and if PPT is not fun for you, don’t do it. Vice versa.

I dont know anyone that doesnt like to defend a fully upgraded keep. It’s one of the most fun fights you can have in WvW imo. Lots of people, lots of chaos. Just love that.

Fights>PPT

in WvW

Posted by: Swamurabi.7890

Swamurabi.7890

A long long time ago, I entered WvW. I followed a few tags around, deciding which commander/guild I wanted to join. I was as noob as you could be. I thought that the goal was to take objectives and that’s how the game should be played. I followed one guild and thought to myself “why are these guys farming a single camp or tower instead of taking back everything they could.” I joined a different guild, one that was “defender of my server”

After a month or two I realized that no matter what I did my server was going to finish third. Every day when I logged on we had little coverage/population and just after we flipped our corner of the map, the number one server would roll through and flip everything back. We never even got a single upgrade finished. It got boring knowing that no matter what you did you knew you were going to finish last.

Then something happened. A server above mine collapsed and all of a sudden we didn’t finish third. We were second. While we didn’t win we had more fun because we had someone to kick around. While it was interesting for a while it eventually got boring because no matter what you did you knew you were going to finish second.

And then something else happened, we got transfers and we were no longer second. We were first! We did what we wanted, rolling over the other two servers. Life was good. Until you realized that it was boring winning all the time, having no one else on the map to stop you because they didn’t want to go 20v50.

Somewhere you realize that PPT isn’t the objective of WvW.

Now you all can argue that PPT increases moral which brings more players which increases PPT…….. but the fact is that if you have nobody to replace you when you log off then you will lose to the servers that have replacements. So for anyone not in NA T1, playing for PPT is a way to burn yourself out quickly.

But what is great about WvW is the fact that on any given night, you can if you want to:

Play for PPT in a zerg
Play for PPT in a small group
Play for PPT as a solo
Play for PPK in a zerg
Play for PPK in a small group
Play for PPK as a solo

Fights>PPT

in WvW

Posted by: Flyphish.6398

Flyphish.6398

If your server does not PPT, there is no opportunity to play for the fights. People will transfer up to a server that has people to fight.

I have also found that guilds that claim to only be about the fights run a lot and complain when facing uneven odds, they want easy bags mostly. If they really wanted fights they would run smaller groups or go to PvP.

Fights>PPT

in WvW

Posted by: Hexin.5603

Hexin.5603

I don’t know about you guys but we tend to put ppt focused guilds matched up with a fight guild on reset to give the ppt guild room to accumulate ppt, and let the fight guild take much of the heat off. Maybe we are special that way, but I thought this is the norm.

Willing to pay for boxed expansion if you put legit GvG in the box $$

Fights>PPT

in WvW

Kasteros.9847

If your server does not PPT, there is no opportunity to play for the fights. People will transfer up to a server that has people to fight.

I have also found that guilds that claim to only be about the fights run a lot and complain when facing uneven odds, they want easy bags mostly. If they really wanted fights they would run smaller groups or go to PvP.

PvP give u max 10 v 10 – it isn’t even gvg lol. Smaller groups? Agian GvG means 20 v 20 or at last 15 v 15 not less. At last my guild never complained and fought even best EU guild when we meet them, cos of fights – they are fun , not loot cos we knew we would lose. But still we went in to fight them cos of simple matter – that is what we play at WvW FIGHTS. Also for loot…Why to loot at WvW and hard try to get it when u can go fotm or some other pve crap and farm it easier without any problems

[One][SiOn][dF]

Fights>PPT

in WvW

coglin.1867

Well but that was about PvP GAMEMODE while WvW is pvp yes, cos how to call player against player? LoL? So WvW is also pve, cos u fight against mobs too. Then this rule don’t apply cos WvW is PvE not PvP, simple conclusion

Show me where it said “game mode” in that section of the CoC.

Show me a link to where WvW is officially referred to as PvE. I quoted you exactly where they officially titled it PvP. If you are going to make claims, please have some information to support it.

PvP give u max 10 v 10 – it isn’t even gvg lol. Smaller groups? Agian GvG means 20 v 20 or at last 15 v 15 not less. At last my guild never complained and fought even best EU guild when we meet them, cos of fights – they are fun , not loot cos we knew we would lose. But still we went in to fight them cos of simple matter – that is what we play at WvW FIGHTS. Also for loot…Why to loot at WvW and hard try to get it when u can go fotm or some other pve crap and farm it easier without any problems

Your making dishonest claims.

GvG is a Guild wars 1 game mode. It is not 20v20. GvG does not officially exist. Would you mind linking the GvG page on the wiki for GW2 that states what your falsely claiming about GvG existing and being no less then 15?

(edited by coglin.1867)

Fights>PPT

in WvW

Posted by: gennyt.3428

gennyt.3428

If its constantly 15v60 then it’s not unreasonable to complain. My experience is that the people who are score conscious tend to choose the more efficient path to PPT and that is to avoid fights. Whether its PvDoor and run (not reposition, just flat out run) if a similar sized group shows up (this includes waypointing camp flippers) or 20 just sitting in a structure manning siege and waiting for the tag to bring 40 to wipe a guild group of 12, then those 20 jump out and pile on. Those are the people who want easy bags and not fights and they are numerous.

Whispers with meat.

Fights>PPT

in WvW

Posted by: Joey.2769

Joey.2769

PPT leads to fights though.

Commander X Swagalicious X
Commander Twerknificient
Joey Bladow

Fights>PPT

in WvW

Phantom.5389

Phantom earlier was specific to point out that they do not: (by the way, nice stealth add of your own, that is not actually on the wiki)

[…]

I tell you. It was there…. Maybe Anet removed it? I don’t know what to say.
Tell me I’m a liar if you want… I’m sure someone can confirm that it was there…

Fights>PPT

in WvW

Posted by: Hexin.5603

Hexin.5603

The funniest thing about this thread is one side of the argument says ‘you are ruining the game mode’, the other side says … ‘hey if that’s what you like, go do it… but I like to play it my way’

Yet in my experience, it takes both groups to be successful.

Willing to pay for boxed expansion if you put legit GvG in the box $$

Fights>PPT

in WvW

Phantom.5389

Ohh kitten Coglin… I see what happened there. Just looked into the history of editing on the official Wiki. Also saw that people did edit prior to you. Basically, we have no definition of WvW to support anything except what we think? Or maybe I am wrong?

And sorry maybe this wiki is not a good source in the end. I thought that since it was the official GW2 wiki it was only possible to edit it if you were an Anet employee… https://wiki.guildwars2.com/index.php?title=World_versus_World&action=history

I just can’t see WvW as being only PPT, nor is it only Siege battle, nor is it only duels, nor is it only zerg against zerg, nor it is… You see the point? WvW is an open world where you fights against other servers. Maybe killing one person only contribute to the PPT score by adding a +1 to it. But you are still not an anti-gamer. You are not violating any rules by playing for the fights. Same as a PPT player avoiding fights in the open to rush to the objectives (sneak cap) is not an anti-gamer, he is not violating any rules.

This is only my personnal view on such a game mode. Some people set their goal to be the score battle while others don’t. I am a player who aims to increase his personnal playstyle in a 1vX scenario. I also aim to improve myself and my teamplay every week when I run with my guildmates. I don’t really focus on PPT even if I probably contribute to the score more than any PVX players since I only play WvW. I doubt for the fights players play without any objective. Their first objective is just not the scoreboard. As for myself, I truly am happy when I see that my server win the matchup but I am even more happy when I know I’ve won a good 1vX or that my guild had some great fights over the week.

Fights>PPT

in WvW

Posted by: dancingmonkey.4902

dancingmonkey.4902

I was under the impressions that the definition of a wiki was that it was maintained by the player/user base.

Killing one person does not add any points to the score at all unto itself. The only way you get points is if you kill someone while under bloodlust specifically. So if you have not made certain you have bloodlust, there are no points for a kill at all.

Fights>PPT

in WvW

Posted by: gennyt.3428

gennyt.3428

I though bloodlust was based on stomps and not just kills.

Whispers with meat.

Fights>PPT

in WvW

coglin.1867

It is 100% based on stomps, yes, you are correct. I think the point some are trying to make, is that if you are not ensuring bloodlust is active, that even then, stomping has no value at all either.

(edited by coglin.1867)

Fights>PPT

in WvW

Phantom.5389

You are right about bloodlust. But it is almost always up (atleast on my server). Also, I said +1 as in I might only give a few points, some finisher here and there and then a few camps here and there. My point, in a more general aspect was that I might not be the biggest PPT hero but I’m still contributing. I’m pretty sure a ‘’for the fights’’ player will give points to his server, even if some might point out that if he used his time sieging and sneak caping towers he could be of more ’’use’’ to the server score.

(edited by Phantom.5389)

Fights>PPT

in WvW

Posted by: Iavra.8510

Iavra.8510

Usually, a single roamer is much more valuable to a server than yet another player in a zerg. Roamers only look for fights, but to find them we take camps and farm zerg tails, which in turn helps the zerg.

A smallscale group can take a tower or even ninja a keep at some times, too.

Also, some zergs get really angry when they see their zerglings farmed, that they chase a single roamer around the map, until they kill him, wasting their time. Even better, sometimes they split and since roamers are usually built for 1v1-1vX fights, they are able to win against zerg build players.

(edited by Iavra.8510)

Fights>PPT

in WvW

Posted by: Sirbeaumerdier.3740

Sirbeaumerdier.3740

I see a lot of irrelevant answers that make it sound like the problem is being a roamer or having duels. It’s not. It never was and it never will be so stop the straw men already.

The problem is the intent and the attitude regarding fights and PPT. Competing for PPT will naturally bring fight if the opponent care to defend. So if you want to fight, just wait for the ennemy to come to any objective. The question is, do you roam, or duel because it will let you cap something (directly or indirectly), or you do this in spite of your team?

Fights>PPT

in WvW

Phantom.5389

I see a lot of irrelevant answers that make it sound like the problem is being a roamer or having duels. It’s not. It never was and it never will be so stop the straw men already.

The problem is the intent and the attitude regarding fights and PPT. Competing for PPT will naturally bring fight if the opponent care to defend. So if you want to fight, just wait for the ennemy to come to any objective. The question is, do you roam, or duel because it will let you cap something (directly or indirectly), or you do this in spite of your team?

I know what you mean. But ‘’for the fights’’ players do not take an attitude regarding PPT on itself, atleast that is not the case for me. I think PPT is not a bad thing to fight for but the way I see players defending a keep/tower is just no to my liking.

Exemple : 4-5 AC’S on the wall firing on the people trying to invade when in fact, the ennemies field 20 person while we field 20 too. I would love to ’’defend’’ if it meant getting open field fight in the lord room or by the gate.

As for capping towers/keep. The same thing apply, but this time I am the one that can’t see the sun since there are too many arrows firing down on me.

You also have to take into consideration that blobs usually goes hand to hand with the PPT/karma train. Those fights can be fun for some people, just not for me.