Finally Seen why Downed Players are Tanky

in WvW

Posted by: Justine.6351

Justine.6351

For the longest time it made me annoyed that it took longer to cleave some downed people than to drop them in the first place. I didn’t know the math behind what caused this or maybe I was just being crazy.

Was looking on wiki randomly and somehow I came across the downed article. Apparently a downed person gets triple health. Well that’s sensible !

in WvW

Posted by: Jeknar.6184

Jeknar.6184

And the reason of this post is…?

Kawagima / Kelvena Riverstream / Calamis Fatima / Hanna Flintlocke
WvW Rank 3800 (Platinum Veteran) – PvP Rank 69 (Shark) – 25,9k Achievment Points
Mërcenaries [Sold] – Ferguson’s Crossing

in WvW

Posted by: Cerby.1069

Cerby.1069

I’m sure we could all ask you the same question

I kill you in one gunflame, or I kill you in two.
The Tiny Yuno Sniper of Ebay [EBAY]

in WvW

Posted by: Jacion.6302

Jacion.6302

Really guys?

Though I agree this post is lacking in substance, it is interesting to know.

in WvW

Posted by: DeeSystm.1256

DeeSystm.1256

The worst part about this is that it shows wvw plays know very little about the basic mechanics of the game like cmon now.

“I came to play.” me
r4420k+ blazetrain

in WvW

Posted by: Hexalot.8194

Hexalot.8194

Yes a players has triple or whatever health. But they also have zero defenses. And if you have stab and/or can blind them, a stomp only takes a few seconds…

in WvW

Posted by: Jeknar.6184

Jeknar.6184

I’m sure we could all ask you the same question

Pretty sure the reason of my post is clear: To know why this thead even came up.
Now, if you could actually answer my question, please do so, as I have answered the one you said you could do to me.

Kawagima / Kelvena Riverstream / Calamis Fatima / Hanna Flintlocke
WvW Rank 3800 (Platinum Veteran) – PvP Rank 69 (Shark) – 25,9k Achievment Points
Mërcenaries [Sold] – Ferguson’s Crossing

in WvW

Justine.6351

Because people have been crying to remove downed state. Perhaps they could chop out the carebear 3x hp buff and it wouldn’t be so bad.

in WvW

Posted by: Malediktus.3740

Malediktus.3740

Downstate would be useless without the health bonus

One of my 30 accounts (Malediktus.9250).

in WvW

Justine.6351

How so? They already start out invulnerable when downed. Maybe they should get 3x toughness too when in downed state…

in WvW

Posted by: Hexinx.1872

Hexinx.1872

Downstate is somewhat useless in large fights too… it’s so random, sometimes it takes a while to drain, even in red circles…. other times your bar blows up like a flat tire… in an attempt to down any who try to rez. Only time I’ve actually enjoyed the mechanic is when your in smaller scale.

in WvW

Posted by: Malediktus.3740

Malediktus.3740

How so? They already start out invulnerable when downed. Maybe they should get 3x toughness too when in downed state…

the small invulnerability frame is so you cannot skip downed state (eg if you get caught in the bomb of a 50man zerg), it does not replace having more hp

One of my 30 accounts (Malediktus.9250).

in WvW

Posted by: Vavume.8065

Vavume.8065

I never really had a problem with down state health, altho I would like to see the invun frame removed as it is just annoying more than anything.
When I used to roam I used to call this the 2 up 2 down finish, as I would 2 shot players up and 2 shot players downed. (Granted they were thieves with low hp)

https://youtu.be/pk6oqJ3pRZM?t=9m24s

in WvW

Posted by: Gotejjeken.1267

Gotejjeken.1267

Triple health doesn’t matter much when you are getting stealth or stability stomped.

in WvW

Posted by: RyuDragnier.9476

RyuDragnier.9476

Say you have 12K health, and get downed. Somebody just did an attack for 13k health…you’re instantly dead. And with some glass cannon builds out there, that kind of damage is very possible. Not to mention in WvW, you’re getting hit by numerous players and sources. Without that triple health, you die way too fast.

[hS]
PvE Main – Zar Poisonclaw – Daredevil
WvW Main – Ghost Mistcaller – Herald

in WvW

Posted by: Jana.6831

Jana.6831

It’s always faster to just cleave someone to death than stomping them – has been since June 2015. Stomping someone usually is an unneccessary risk. So I kind of scratch my head that someone claims that downed players are tanky, but ok. Rangers/Druids are when they’ve got their pet, other than that.. nope.

ETA: But yeah, it somehow shows the state of the game which is a mess. I guess those who are left haven’t been around when things made sense.. So everybody now thinks that we don’t need downed state – and that we don’t need to stomp which then would be useless anyway.

(edited by Jana.6831)

in WvW

Posted by: Pelto.9364

Pelto.9364

I never really had a problem with down state health

But you did play thief with 11k single damage to warrior. Most of the players in wvw play something else, and has “problems”.

Damage in wvw is nowadays broadly so high that the “when to revive” is one of the l2p issues. Most of the time reviving is suicide, better continue fighting 1 vs 3 and then die.

in WvW

Posted by: Jana.6831

Jana.6831

I never really had a problem with down state health

But you did play thief with 11k single damage to warrior. Most of the players in wvw play something else, and has “problems”.

Damage in wvw is nowadays broadly so high that the “when to revive” is one of the l2p issues. Most of the time reviving is suicide, better continue fighting 1 vs 3 and then die.

The damage you’re doing depends mostly onto your gear. So if you’re running full nomads of course you will have more problems to deal damage than a full zerker thief. Also the damage dealt to downed players is higher than if they weren’t downed = 11k in downed state is pretty mediocre. (ETA: Although it makes sense if you’re a tanky player, yes).

(edited by Jana.6831)