Finally interested in wvw, my server falls

in WvW

Posted by: Afya.5842

Afya.5842

What should I do? I can’t ask my pve guildies to transfer with me, that’s just selfish. And tbh, I quite like my server. But it’s just disheartening to see a zerg with 20ppl max on Sunday night. And sometimes I see no commander in the map. I’m so lost right now.

in WvW

Posted by: NargofWoV.4267

NargofWoV.4267

Grab a pin and lead? Don’t have the funds, have a TS? Invite everyone too it, have them put a pin using attack function on you, then have them follow listening to you. Tell them they can’t complain if they don’t listen to you and die, but if they do die while listening to you, complain away… Go create havoc!!!!

We did this last night when one of the two commanders on the map had to leave. Almost everyone went to the other commander but a group of us stayed, without a pin, someone took charge and we went about taking supply camps, beating on a door at Hills to bother the attention of a realm. Ruins.

Narg, Ranger JQ
Heavy Halo, Warrior JQ

(edited by NargofWoV.4267)

in WvW

Posted by: Afya.5842

Afya.5842

Grab a pin and lead? Don’t have the funds, have a TS? Invite everyone too it, have them put a pin using attack function on you, then have them follow listening to you. Tell them they can’t complain if they don’t listen to you and die, but if they do die while listening to you, complain away… Go create havoc!!!!

But I’m such a newbie that don’t know much about wvw……If I lead I’ll only bring them to death. I don’t mind to command when I get more experience, but certainly not now.

in WvW

Posted by: NargofWoV.4267

NargofWoV.4267

Yea, you do have to know the wvw map, it helps.

You mentioned sometimes a Commander is on the map and sometimes not. When there is a commander, follow and learn? Our guild runs a wvw night at least once a week that is guild only. Suggest this to your guild leader? Let him run you guys around? Again it doesn’t take long to figure it out as the maps are the same for 3 of the 4 wvwvw maps. The only different one is Eternal Battleground. My suggestion there is look for a commander pin, heh.

Narg, Ranger JQ
Heavy Halo, Warrior JQ

(edited by NargofWoV.4267)

in WvW

Posted by: styx.7294

styx.7294

Every server has some organized play. Find your website here https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/wuv/recruitment/List-of-all-Community-Websites/first#post2980454 and get in touch with the player base, your server’s voice comm and you’ll find people to learn from.

If you’re interested in commanding, definitely there will be a commander there who will be happy to help you get started =)

Gate of Madness

in WvW

Posted by: Phlogus.2371

Phlogus.2371

You can rep more then one guild. Use map chat in WvW and in LA to find a WvW focused guild. A full third of my guildies are folks that rep other guilds for PVE but roll with us in WvW. Get the knowledge and the habits of working with a team that knows the WvW side of the game.

Phlogustus Male Char DD Ele
Molen Labe Female Human Necro
Devonas Rest – Black Rose Legion -CF4L

in WvW

Posted by: UnrepentantProcrastinator.7420

UnrepentantProcrastinator.7420

Just transfer and guest to your original server when you want to PvE.

in WvW

Posted by: clint.5681

clint.5681

This is the best choice for the problems you listed

Rangir Dangir – Ranger | Mr. Ragr- Guardian| Sneak Stab – Thief | Mr. Ragir- Warrior
[url=https://] [/url]

in WvW

Posted by: styx.7294

styx.7294

Coulda saved space by just saying bandwagon.

Gate of Madness

in WvW

Posted by: skullmount.1758

skullmount.1758

Coulda saved space by just saying bandwagon.

True, and expect queues to get into WvW in the higher tiers.

Darkhaven server
Please give us a keyring…

in WvW

Posted by: Joey.2769

Joey.2769

How many people do you have in your guild? I would suggest next time you see a commander in WvW pm him/her and tell him/her that you would like to learn what it takes to lead. Learn some techniques and check your servers forum for advice. Then maybe make a fun guild event for your guild with the tactics you have learned. The biggest thing you need to know is in WvW wiping is expected and ok. Waypoint and try again make it fun for your guild and yourself.

Commander X Swagalicious X
Commander Twerknificient
Joey Bladow

in WvW

Posted by: Littlefeather.8623

Littlefeather.8623

You dont have to guest or transfer, so what if your server will not win matches. Find a WvW focused guild and run with them when they run, I did this, which eventually lead to me repping them after a while. If you can hop in mumble/TS, this is the best way to L2WvW.

Crazy Leg

in WvW

Posted by: Andrew Clear.1750

Andrew Clear.1750

What should I do? I can’t ask my pve guildies to transfer with me, that’s just selfish. And tbh, I quite like my server. But it’s just disheartening to see a zerg with 20ppl max on Sunday night. And sometimes I see no commander in the map. I’m so lost right now.

Our server has plenty of number, but you will have a map queued and only a 20 man zerg, in our own BL, and we will barely have anything in it.

It is a shame…

Guess you can just hang out in EB. Back when SBI was t5, our BL would be understaffed at nights, but EB would always have numbers.