Finishing slower than ressing. Why?

in WvW

Posted by: BlackDevil.9268

BlackDevil.9268

Please do note that I really love the PvP in this game and am aware of the fact that WvW is unbalanced PvP.

I’ve had this problem multiple times. I’m not being able to finish someone before he get ressed up. Though what bothers me the most is that only 1 person can already ress up the downed player faster than my finish action ends.

It’s really annoying to see someone standing up 1.5 second after he died. Not to mention that I have to use a stealth, immunity or teleport skill to even finish someone.

I just really wonder, why is this ressing so fast? The max players to ress someone is 5, but I would seriously have no idea how you would even be possible to ress a downed player with 5 if he already gets up after 0.5 seconds with only 3 ressing him.

In my opinion, finshing someone isn’t too long, though I wouldn’t mind if they reduced it by 0,25 or 0.5 second. However, the ressing of a downed player is way too fast.

in WvW

Posted by: SteepledHat.1345

SteepledHat.1345

The fact that downed state exists at all in WvW is why zergs are rampant. It’s the ability of the zerg to heal faster that makes them persist.

There are also signets that res people instantly. That was possibly what happened in your case.

“Failure to remain calm is the sign of a weak mind.”

in WvW

BlackDevil.9268

The fact that downed state exists at all in WvW is why zergs are rampant. It’s the ability of the zerg to heal faster that makes them persist.

There are also signets that res people instantly. That was possibly what happened in your case.

Ehm.. not really. If someone dies and you finish that person at the same time as the ally tries to ress him up, then he’ll get ressed up just before you finish him. That’s basicly what my problem is. Sometimes it’s almost impossible to win 1vs2 just because they constanly ress eachother up, not because they’re skilled.

in WvW

Posted by: Phantom.8130

Phantom.8130

if it were up to me, i would actually propose the complete opposite solution. keep rezzing time as it is, but reduce the time it take to stomp a downed player by half. that solves the issue without needing to make a whole new version of the mechanic.

see, here’s the secret a lot of people don’t get. you don’t need two sets of mechanics (one for PvP and one for PvE) you just need one GOOD set. that has to be worked out first and foremost, and everything else needs to be built up around that. just because “that’s how it all the MMO’s do it” that doesn’t mean that its the best way to go about it. once a company figures that out, the endless nerf cycle is completely unnecessary, and they can focus on actually improving the game instead of just fixing it.

in WvW

Posted by: lOKI.8152

lOKI.8152

Phantom your idea would require a redesign of most downed skills since they are meant to prevent a quick stomp. So imo increasing the time it takes to rezz downed players is the way to go. On a side note: I wish dead players couldnt be rezzed. Thats even more annoying.

Lvl 80s: Thief, Necro, Engi, Ele, Mesmer, Ranger

“War does not determine who is right – only who is left.”

in WvW

Posted by: Karolis.4261

Karolis.4261

Well if im not mistaken they even increased downed health so its even faster to ress downed ppl.

PvP hero Valentin in action!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-HiYUlhsO_M
cough*keyboardturningclicker*cough

in WvW

Posted by: GekoHayate.2451

GekoHayate.2451

You could always dps the other player while preventing him from ressing via knockbacks, stuns, roots etc. while occasionally hitting the downed player (or using pets/minions/phantasms/targetable aoes) to interrupt the downed self heal causing him to bleed out.

You can also quickness stomp depending on your class/assistance from mesmer or guardian, orrian runes, and sigil of rage.

Havroun of Karp – Disciples of Magikarp [Karp]

in WvW

Posted by: Aveneo.2068

Aveneo.2068

Try using quickness next time. Or if you’re a Thief and don’t like the attention, hide in your stealth and do a quickness-stomp from there.

I never have these problems because I don’t stomp as it’s a pointless mechanic in my opinion when so many people have downstate abilities that either prevent a stomp or they become the ultimate troll with them (except Rangers and Guardians, they are sad pandas and can be stomed easy).

I just focus them down with attacks. And if someone runs in to rez his teammate, I give him a knockback and then pelt him with arrows/lightning/scimitars/orang-utans so there are 2 downed people trying to get up.

Valiant Aislinn – Aveneo Lightbringer – Shalene Amuriel – Dread Cathulu
Fojja – Vyxxi – Nymmra – Mymmra – Champion of Dwayna .. and more

Highly Over Powered Explorers [HOPE] – Desolation EU

in WvW

Posted by: Jeknar.6184

Jeknar.6184

If finish was quicker than ress, why would I bother trying to ress a downed player? Think a little…

Kawagima / Kelvena Riverstream / Calamis Fatima / Hanna Flintlocke
WvW Rank 3800 (Platinum Veteran) – PvP Rank 69 (Shark) – 25,9k Achievment Points
Mërcenaries [Sold] – Ferguson’s Crossing

in WvW

Posted by: EnRohbi.2187

EnRohbi.2187

This is one of the reasons I usually don’t try to stomp people.

Damage them.
Hit them with attacks that bounce or AOEs
It will also damage the person ressing them.

They’re harmless on the ground, so just try to do as much damage to them and the people ressing them until they give up or go Down themselves.

Dragonbrand

in WvW

Posted by: Xirin.8593

Xirin.8593

They’re harmless on the ground

Until they get rallied

[AoN] All or Nothing

in WvW

BlackDevil.9268

If finish was quicker than ress, why would I bother trying to ress a downed player? Think a little…

Because you usually fight near your ally while the enemy (if ranged) isn’t. That would make it faster for you to still ress him up. You’re thinking of a 1vs2 perspective, though if it would be a 1vs3 and those 2 allies of the downed player would ress him, then he would still get up, but with more efford than you have to do now. It’s just too easy to get someone who made so many mistakes up again. Sure WvW is imballanced, but this is just really unfair for the single player fighting against more.

in WvW

Posted by: EnRohbi.2187

EnRohbi.2187

They’re harmless on the ground

Until they get rallied

Maybe it’s just because I’m a DPS spec, but I don’t see them rally that often. :P

Yeah, there’s a possibility they’ll rally if you try to damage them down instead of stomping them, but this thread only exists because people are rallying during Stomps too :P

Dragonbrand

in WvW

Posted by: UnknownFreak.2805

UnknownFreak.2805

Don’t finish them off if they outnumber you, they will res each other, then just make AoE when they res and at some point more than half of them lie downed lol, I recommend damaging them instead of finishing them, can depend on your spec, that’s how I can take 1v3-1v5, cause they think you finish them when they are downed, that’s why you should keep attacking the ones that res.

How to crashreport…
Someone say game crash must be related to OOM
when you read the log it’s not related to that whatsoever…

in WvW

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

Don’t finish them off if they outnumber you, they will res each other, then just make AoE when they res and at some point more than half of them lie downed lol, I recommend damaging them instead of finishing them, can depend on your spec, that’s how I can take 1v3-1v5, cause they think you finish them when they are downed, that’s why you should keep attacking the ones that res.

I really agree with you, the “finish him” animation is suited when facing 1vs1 or if hostiles are distracted with other targets.
I dont mind with downed state or the finish move, player need to know if he will have the time to do it or not, keep damage on downed player and in the nearby hostile targets, while they are resing they are not atacking.

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

in WvW

Posted by: Slamz.5376

Slamz.5376

Make sure the resser is in combat. If I’m out of combat, I can rez faster than you can stomp. If you give me a little tap to put me in combat, it will drastically cut my rez speed.

Camelot Unchained – from the makers of DAOC
A game that’s 100% WvW
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/13861848/camelot-unchained

in WvW

Posted by: UnknownFreak.2805

UnknownFreak.2805

I really agree with you, the “finish him” animation is suited when facing 1vs1 or if hostiles are distracted with other targets.
I dont mind with downed state or the finish move, player need to know if he will have the time to do it or not, keep damage on downed player and in the nearby hostile targets, while they are resing they are not atacking.

Altrough you may need to somehow finish your downed enemy in a 2v3 fight, if you do it, be 100% sure you will kill him, else you may end up dead instead.

scenario:
your ally is downed and they may kill him and res their downed ally, to make a possible chance against them you have to make ally rally ofc. and you have to be 100% sure you will be able to finish enemy, I usually burst damage before start finishing them to either kill them by burst or lower their HP so I can finish the enemy, also I try to make myself take so little damage as possible, some class has skills that make invulnerability, use them in that case, else use retaliation so you can reflect some damage, stability also is good so enemy won’t stop your stomp.

How to crashreport…
Someone say game crash must be related to OOM
when you read the log it’s not related to that whatsoever…

in WvW

Posted by: pierwola.9602

pierwola.9602

i can res downed ppls under arrow cart fire, so yes ressing is to fast

in WvW

Posted by: Pixels.6532

Pixels.6532

Wonder if Finishing speed shouldn’t scale on the number of finishers just like Rezzing does.

Per the wiki, a Finish takes about 3 seconds, so why not reduce it by 25% for each player also working on finishing an enemy.

Cap at 3 total finishers:
1 Finisher – 3 sec
2 Finishers – 2.25 sec
3 Finishers – 1.5 sec

Sanctum of Rall