Fix Necro's Epidemic pls

Fix Necro's Epidemic pls

in WvW

Posted by: Fazz Um.1537

Fazz Um.1537

It’s far too overpowered and abused in WvW atm…

Scrims on the BL, GvGs in the GuildHall and with this I’ll inadvertently affect the PvE ‘quick runs’ on Vail Guardian Raids or something.

Can we please ballance the Epi condis pls?

Fix Necro's Epidemic pls

in WvW

Posted by: Aury.1367

Aury.1367

I honestly think that Anet doesnt care. PvE works, in pvp epi isnt really in use afaik. Its extremly abused in WvW since weeks, as you see you cant even react.

But hey, atleast you can roam condi free cough oh no, did you just get killed by 3 roaming trapper thieves? Well bad for you eh. THEY have fun. So everything is in order.

Fix Necro's Epidemic pls

in WvW

Posted by: RodOfDeath.5247

RodOfDeath.5247

Dude….you had plenty of time to blast a light field.

Sarcasm. That is insane.

Fix Necro's Epidemic pls

in WvW

Posted by: Kovu.7560

Kovu.7560

Oh hey, another epidemic thread.
Now taking bets on how long this one will go before its closed. =p

~ Kovu

Charr Ranger, Necromancer, Thief
Fort Aspenwood. [CREW], [TLC], [ShW], [UNIV]

Fix Necro's Epidemic pls

in WvW

Posted by: miguelsil.6324

miguelsil.6324

After 4 years someone started crying about this. And been crying for months in so many posts. Enough with thiss already. ANET responded in the latest patch. They are aware accept it or play something else. Thats what i do when im playing a class with no chance against a ghost condi thief for ex.

Fix Necro's Epidemic pls

in WvW

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

Epidemic is fine….

The problem is the so called “balance team”.

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

(edited by Aeolus.3615)

Fix Necro's Epidemic pls

in WvW

Posted by: Aury.1367

Aury.1367

After 4 years someone started crying about this. And been crying for months in so many posts. Enough with thiss already. ANET responded in the latest patch. They are aware accept it or play something else. Thats what i do when im playing a class with no chance against a ghost condi thief for ex.

Well, enough with those people who dont care. The more threads, the more likely something will happen. Condi wasnt a big thing 4 years ago, not it is. Think again. Answer another thread then, if this isnt what you like.

Fix Necro's Epidemic pls

in WvW

Posted by: CrimeMaker.8612

CrimeMaker.8612

Epidemic is broken but not having cap on condition stacking and duration while they do so much damage and you can run tanky condition builds is the real issue. Condis need call, Condi duration need caps, Dire and trailblazer stats need to go, precision needs to condition damage like it effect power damage and a third stat needs to introduced for condi builds like ferocity is for power

Fix Necro's Epidemic pls

in WvW

Posted by: BeepBoopBop.5403

BeepBoopBop.5403

Because conditions totally haven’t changed since 4 years ago

Koolgai Smurf – Thief | Dazin U – Mesmer | Whats Healing Power – Ranger|
I Bought Hot – Revenant | [QQ]

Fix Necro's Epidemic pls

in WvW

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

[x]Buff confusion in pve, thinks the wvw’ers will like it
[x] Putting 25+ stacks on players because clearly players that don’t have the millions of health bosses do, can deal with it.
[x] lol guild hall reta/confusion
[ ] I blasted a light field
[ ] This is fun

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

Fix Necro's Epidemic pls

in WvW

Posted by: vicious.5683

vicious.5683

yeah and make necros useful in raids while you are at it.

Fix Necro's Epidemic pls

in WvW

Posted by: SpellOfIniquity.1780

SpellOfIniquity.1780

I just want to point out that most of those conditions came from a Mesmer before I start the following rant.

By no means do I always make the right decisions but I do practice, observe and think on things that are giving me or others trouble before making a statement about balance. I don’t care if I absolutely hate something or if I absolutely love it. My opinion isn’t what matters, it’s whether the skill/trait/rune/etc. etc. are performing properly or not. If after practicing and observing I still find something to be over powered, then I will discuss it with others to see how they feel about the matter. And from there, depending on the people, we hopefully have a reasonable discussion about ways to balance it without putting personal emotions first.

I know I’ll get blasted for saying the following but yes, I do play a lot of Necromancer. In fact, it’s the class I’ve played the most of but I don’t consider it my main. I rotate between all of my characters evenly, though my Necromancer is the oldest. Still, I feel it’s valid to say this before I continue.

Epidemic does need to be adjusted, but not in many of the ways people suggest. What I would consider to be reasonable adjustments are:

• Reduce the radius to 240. It is currently twice the size of Meteor Shower and that’s massive.
  • Reduce range to 900. Necromancers don’t have the ability to take the kind of beating that a Guardian or a Warrior can when being hit by the full force of a melee train. Reducing the range would add a risk/reward factor. Risk getting pulled → blobbed to land a good Epi or stand back and only get small ones.
  • Disallow it from working on high health NPC’s and siege. It was a nice change allowing conditions to affect siege but it inadvertently gave Epidemic a massive buff. Transferring conditions from siege/NPC’s allows for the kind of one-shot condition nukes you’ll see in videos like what has been posted in separate threads on this forum.

All of these are fair adjustments that wouldn’t remove Epidemic from the meta, but would greatly alleviate some of the pressure that people are feeling.

As a final note, though to some it will be the information they try to use against me in the Epidemic torch and pitch fork brigade… I’d like to add that all of my characters are vanilla builds (Necromancer, Ranger, Warrior, Engineer), I rarely/never use Teamspeak, I rarely/never am in the zerging squad and I rarely/never use proper zerging builds. I still frontline, I still save people who have downed, I still survive longer than many people who are in squad/TS/with a proper build and yet I have impaired motor skills, play with backwards keybinds and don’t use a mouse… I feel that a great deal of the complaints about Epidemic are people coming out of the woodwork because they’re too lazy to, well… Git gud… Because with all those disadvantages, I still manage to do just fine and to almost never get hit by Epidemic bombs. In fact, I die a whole hell of a lot more to pulls, random CC, lag and 10K CoR’s, Gunflames, Trueshots, Meteor Showers, etc. So maybe… Just maybe people need to learn to cleanse better and to position better and to pay attention… Because without skills like Epidemic that break apart the tank meta, fights will never end.

Necromancer, Ranger, Warrior, Engineer
Champion: Phantom, Hunter, Legionnaire, Genius
WvW rank: Diamond Colonel | Maguuma

Fix Necro's Epidemic pls

in WvW

Posted by: miguelsil.6324

miguelsil.6324

Remove downstate then. Epi will be nerfed that way and gameplay improved

Fix Necro's Epidemic pls

in WvW

Posted by: BeepBoopBop.5403

BeepBoopBop.5403

Remove downstate then. Epi will be nerfed that way and gameplay improved

Siege and structure lords

Koolgai Smurf – Thief | Dazin U – Mesmer | Whats Healing Power – Ranger|
I Bought Hot – Revenant | [QQ]

Fix Necro's Epidemic pls

in WvW

Posted by: Pinko.2076

Pinko.2076

I’d like to point out that while condies have changed over time, so has the meta. Epidemic and condi necros’ viability changing owes a lot to the HoT meta steering wildly away from the HUGE spike power damage and actual cleanses of pre-HoT. Now people stack mitigation, resistance, and dropped mobility.

I played a lot of condi necro pre-hot and post. It’s so kittening easy to get up in zergs grills, and I don’t even get killed when I’m caught for a few seconds. I could pitch a tent and have tea in the middle of a modern zerg. Mitigation has lowered the damage of zergs by a hilarious amount, which is a primary reason that less-than-queue zergs started using condi instead of power after HoT.

Groups also sacrificed mobility after HoT, so the lag time between when power damage lands has also diminished. Overall, we saw Warriors lose their frontline spots to Revs. Guardians are as slow as who they need to put Stability on. It used to be just Guards and Warriors, who could both move extremely fast when they wanted to. Now, the entire frontline slows down so the slower revs can get their Stab on engages.

The reason people bring Revs is for mitigation both physically and for conditions, but people still don’t understand the nature of Resistance. The boon is good for only one thing: mitigating soft CC. It’s not at -all- good for actually preventing condition damage (in large zerg sizes), and I’ve personally used mallyx revs to kill their entire squad.

I would love to play glass again, but the HoT changes have shaped the game for condies to be not only good, but necessary to fight the slow mitigation monster.

Fix Necro's Epidemic pls

in WvW

Posted by: The Game Slayer.7632

The Game Slayer.7632

Guys, it’s ok, I’m a thief and I survived an epi bomb. Epidemic is balanced because I survived it. Want to see how I lived? —→ https://youtu.be/NiLZirC3-X8?t=5m58s

All you need is 21k health, full utilities ready to faceroll, 9 condition cleanses at the ready, and your heal ready to use after it’s all gone.

I am a teef
:)

(edited by The Game Slayer.7632)

Fix Necro's Epidemic pls

in WvW

Posted by: zealex.9410

zealex.9410

the issue is not epidemic the issue is how resistance works and how it got in the game without proper testing.

Fix Necro's Epidemic pls

in WvW

Posted by: The Game Slayer.7632

The Game Slayer.7632

the issue is not epidemic the issue is how resistance works and how it got in the game without proper testing.

Again, this is just very very wrong.

The problem here is that people are dying in 1-2 ticks of condi bombs, no?

Yes, we understand that resistance allows condis to be stacked to the ceiling and then be spread from epidemic..

But like I’ve said in all of the other threads involving your comments on epidemic and resistance, resistance is too fragile to touch. It is too involved with many different builds and skills across all professions. Epidemic is a single utility skill on a single profession.

Let’s say we remove resistance from the game entirely. Ok, balance goes into chaos and epidemic is still abused via downed bodies and lords/siege. Nice!

Let’s say we nerf epidemic. Ok, depending on the nerf we’re talking about here, epidemic either can’t 1-shot people anymore, or it becomes a bit harder to do so (either via reduced radius, increased cooldown, condi cap, etc.) Look at that! Problem solved!

I am a teef
:)

Fix Necro's Epidemic pls

in WvW

zealex.9410

Again, this is just very very wrong.

The problem here is that people are dying in 1-2 ticks of condi bombs, no?

Yes, we understand that resistance allows condis to be stacked to the ceiling and then be spread from epidemic..

But like I’ve said in all of the other threads involving your comments on epidemic and resistance, resistance is too fragile to touch. It is too involved with many different builds and skills across all professions. Epidemic is a single utility skill on a single profession.

Let’s say we remove resistance from the game entirely. Ok, balance goes into chaos and epidemic is still abused via downed bodies and lords/siege. Nice!

Let’s say we nerf epidemic. Ok, depending on the nerf we’re talking about here, epidemic either can’t 1-shot people anymore, or it becomes a bit harder to do so (either via reduced radius, increased cooldown, condi cap, etc.) Look at that! Problem solved!

we talked about it yeah but you havent answered to my response about how changing stability back in the game didnt break the game simply teaking resistance will do and we’ve seen example of boon tweaking work as for the lord and such they can tweak that and give the lord an invulrenable buff while theres players of the same server defending him etc so condis dont effect him.

Fix Necro's Epidemic pls

in WvW

Posted by: ProDecius.2609

ProDecius.2609

It’s objectively hurting the quality of the game since killing an enemy team is now just about landing epidemic bombs, we have the least diverse zerg meta that guild wars 2 has probably ever had. It’s unplayable and totally luck based, the zerging meta atm has about as much competitive merit as the monopoly board game. Anet can either fix this or lose players who refuse to play a broken game mode.

Fix Necro's Epidemic pls

in WvW

Posted by: Artemis Thuras.8795

Artemis Thuras.8795

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/wuv/a-possible-way-to-fix-epidemic/first#post6515281

edit: also:
https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Confusion

January 27, 2015
The effect of condition damage on confusion has been increased by 33% in PvE

GH = PvE map type. this includes arena. That 40 stacks of confusion says hi ( which isn’t coming from a necro FYI)

Co-Leader of The Mythical Dragons [MYTH],
Advocate of learning and being a useful party member.
http://mythdragons.enjin.com/recruitment

(edited by Artemis Thuras.8795)

Fix Necro's Epidemic pls

in WvW

Posted by: Osu.6307

Osu.6307

Haven’t we explained how rare big epi’s are enough yet.? I often play condi necro and am lucky to get a halfway decent epi off in a battle.
1) condi’s get cleansed often in any zerg that has a rational comp
2) condi’s get resisted most of the time due to the revs spamming resistance
3) necros have almost no stability by themselves so that long-cast time epi gets interrupted more often than not

So, if you are getting hit by huge epis, you are not cleansing, your revs are not giving you resistance, and you are not bothering to interrupt the vulnerable necros. In short, l2p issue.

Osu

Fix Necro's Epidemic pls

in WvW

zealex.9410

Haven’t we explained how rare big epi’s are enough yet.? I often play condi necro and am lucky to get a halfway decent epi off in a battle.
3) necros have almost no stability by themselves so that long-cast time epi gets interrupted more often than not

So, if you are getting hit by huge epis, you are not cleansing, your revs are not giving you resistance, and you are not bothering to interrupt the vulnerable necros. In short, l2p issue.

Epi has channel time an animation? I didn’t know that.

Fix Necro's Epidemic pls

in WvW

Posted by: Artemis Thuras.8795

Artemis Thuras.8795

Epi has channel time an animation? I didn’t know that.

Yes.
Yes it does.

As has been said so many times that the horse is now dead.. it’s an l2p issue.

Co-Leader of The Mythical Dragons [MYTH],
Advocate of learning and being a useful party member.
http://mythdragons.enjin.com/recruitment

Fix Necro's Epidemic pls

in WvW

Posted by: Osu.6307

Osu.6307

These “pls nerf X because it killed me once” threads would be a lot less frequent and annoying if people actually tried playing the build/class BEFORE complaining on the forums.

Osu

Fix Necro's Epidemic pls

in WvW

zealex.9410

These “pls nerf X because it killed me once” threads would be a lot less frequent and annoying if people actually tried playing the build/class BEFORE complaining on the forums.

“pls nerf rock, paper is fine” ~scissors

Fix Necro's Epidemic pls

in WvW

Posted by: felincyriac.5981

felincyriac.5981

just nerf it in WvW only, epi is one of the few saving graces of necro in pve…

Fix Necro's Epidemic pls

in WvW

Posted by: ProDecius.2609

ProDecius.2609

WvW has about as much competitive merit as monopoly in the current meta, until this skill is reworked/temporarily deleted the game mode is somewhat unplayable.

Fix Necro's Epidemic pls

in WvW

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

just nerf it in WvW only, epi is one of the few saving graces of necro in pve…

it is wrong to nerft it even on wvw… reduce the number of players affected?
While epidemic itention is affect a larger number of nearby foes, it does not make sense.

and btw… its already on 5 targets… !? u cant reduce more IMO it should be increased if game was well balanced or well designed.

OR epidemic could aply a effect where that player cant be effected by another epidemic in the next 5-8 seconds, each epidemic after would spead one randon conditions from that target but would remove that condi that was beign sreaded.

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

(edited by Aeolus.3615)