Fix to boon duration and condition meta

in WvW

Posted by: CrimeMaker.8612

CrimeMaker.8612

A lot of people are on here moaning and crying about boon duration and a lot of us on here like me also cry and moan about conditions being too strong. So I was thinking what if they limit the amount of boons and conditions you can have at a time. Right now it is if there are 10 boons flying around you and 10 conditions you will get them all. What if they limit both to 5? 5 boons at a time and 5 conditions at a time.

With having 5 boons at a time i dont think resistance should be a major issue because it can easily be stripped and with that I think anet can also introduce original stability. Where there was no stacks you just straight up get stab.

With conditions now being so strong and all the boon strip out there I think limiting 5 conditions at a time on someone is pretty fair because its WvW and in fights there are kitten ton of conditions and boon strip. I think this could be one way to control that.

A lot of you guys also there isnt much boon strip well to be honest there is quit a bit to be fair. You can also run sigil of nullification altho i think i can use a buff with the things are currently. Right now sigil of nullification strips a boon with a 60% crit chance on a 10 seconds cool down I think the cd should be 8 seconds or the sigil should strip boon with 30% on hit chance on 5 second cd

in WvW

Posted by: claytonmorby.3751

claytonmorby.3751

Sigil of nullification triggers on 1 target. It also triggers if there are no boons on the target. What other class besides necro has AoE boon corrupt? Rev has a skill to strip, but revs are spamming resistance.

People have been complaining about conditions since the beginning of the game. In large scale battles in WvW there is so much cleanse it’s ridiculous. I’ve survived getting hit with every single condition in the game, getting corrupted, only to have my allies cleanse and resist them all away.

No one is moaning or crying. People are giving their opinions on game balance. Some people think the amount of boons able to be stacked so easily isn’t very fun to play or play against. The meta we have now is actually stronger than the old stability since old stability was countered by chill, cripple, and immobilize.

in WvW

Posted by: CrimeMaker.8612

CrimeMaker.8612

Sigil of nullification triggers on 1 target. It also triggers if there are no boons on the target. What other class besides necro has AoE boon corrupt? Rev has a skill to strip, but revs are spamming resistance.

People have been complaining about conditions since the beginning of the game. In large scale battles in WvW there is so much cleanse it’s ridiculous. I’ve survived getting hit with every single condition in the game, getting corrupted, only to have my allies cleanse and resist them all away.

No one is moaning or crying. People are giving their opinions on game balance. Some people think the amount of boons able to be stacked so easily isn’t very fun to play or play against. The meta we have now is actually stronger than the old stability since old stability was countered by chill, cripple, and immobilize.

Well it can go same with the conditions to be honest almost any class now days can go full condi and do kitten ton of damage without taking any skills. Stacking those boons takes time they dont stack right away like condis do. Mesmer, necro, revs are your friend for boonstrip and if they buff sigil of nullification then that is your friend as well. Also people are moaning and crying about boon duration / condi meta that is right now. Both of them are strong in their own places. And now thiefs thief are also your friend with boon strip so get to know another classes.

in WvW

Posted by: SpellOfIniquity.1780

SpellOfIniquity.1780

Well it can go same with the conditions to be honest almost any class now days can go full condi and do kitten ton of damage without taking any skills. Stacking those boons takes time they dont stack right away like condis do. Mesmer, necro, revs are your friend for boonstrip and if they buff sigil of nullification then that is your friend as well. Also people are moaning and crying about boon duration / condi meta that is right now. Both of them are strong in their own places. And now thiefs thief are also your friend with boon strip so get to know another classes.

Wtf are you talking about? When you get a heap of conditions on you that means the person just blew half their cooldowns to do it. It’s not instant. The condition build ignorance on these forums is insane. It’s like people think if you’re a condition build you don’t even have to press buttons. You just look at the screen and people die.

I’ve played plenty of power builds and plenty of condition builds. Power builds are considerably better than condition builds in most cases. Condition builds are only good at killing bads and the unprepared. You’re one or the other.

Necromancer, Ranger, Warrior, Engineer
Champion: Phantom, Hunter, Legionnaire, Genius
WvW rank: Diamond Colonel | Maguuma

in WvW

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

Wtf are you talking about? When you get a heap of conditions on you that means the person just blew half their cooldowns to do it. It’s not instant. The condition build ignorance on these forums is insane. It’s like people think if you’re a condition build you don’t even have to press buttons. You just look at the screen and people die.

I drop 5 stacks confusion, 2 stacks torment, 5 stacks bleed, 6 stacks poison and cripple in less than a second using only one utility. Most of the time that applies before they even see me. The reset for most of that is 20s and that is just the opener.

My Condi Shatter Chrono can apply ridiculous amounts of condi and then reset back so that I have most of my cooldowns reset. It is a continual stream of condi application with hardly any cooldown with a big chunk of the fight completely invisible.

If you don’t think condi is a real problem in small scale, you must either play a very heavy condi removal class, play condi yourself lacking perspective or don’t duel/roam much.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

in WvW

Posted by: SpellOfIniquity.1780

SpellOfIniquity.1780

I drop 5 stacks confusion, 2 stacks torment, 5 stacks bleed, 6 stacks poison and cripple in less than a second using only one utility. Most of the time that applies before they even see me. The reset for most of that is 20s and that is just the opener.

My Condi Shatter Chrono can apply ridiculous amounts of condi and then reset back so that I have most of my cooldowns reset. It is a continual stream of condi application with hardly any cooldown with a big chunk of the fight completely invisible.

If you don’t think condi is a real problem in small scale, you must either play a very heavy condi removal class, play condi yourself lacking perspective or don’t duel/roam much.

Yes I suppose I’m thinking from a Necromancer’s point of view in that it takes most of my skills and a long time to cast them all to land a large condition nuke. Thief, Mesmer, Engineer in some cases and condition Berserker’s can all land some relatively instant and large condition bursts.

Still, my point stands that there’s a ridiculous amount of condition ignorance even if I was being narrow minded in this particular instance.

And no, I run a standard glass pew pew Ranger, a Longbow + Greatsword standard Warrior and a Trailblazer Corruptomancer standard Necromancer. I have moderate condition management on the first two and only transfers on my Necromancer. I’m just familiar with dealing with conditions so it always blows my mind how people think they’re so OP.

They’re strong small scale/1v1, no doubt about it. But they’re far from being OP if you’re prepared for it but most people would rather use the excuse “I shouldn’t have to be prepared for it they should just be nerfed.”

Necromancer, Ranger, Warrior, Engineer
Champion: Phantom, Hunter, Legionnaire, Genius
WvW rank: Diamond Colonel | Maguuma

in WvW

Posted by: alain.1659

alain.1659

I would like anet to make boons-conditions last only 1 second ( at max, even shorter can be good) without investing in duration. That would make everything more interesting.

in WvW

Posted by: Justine.6351

Justine.6351

If every zergling ran sigil of nullification wrather than sigil of fire it would help a little.

but ya that sigil could be improved or another one added.

sigil of absorbtion, stay same
sigil of nullification, reduce cd to 5sec.

new sigil of whatever, remove boon from target on crit 60% and 4 other foes within 360. 10sec cd.

new sigil of whatever, on weapon swap remove 1 boon from 5 foes.

new sigil of whatever, on kill gain 1/5 stacks. At 25 stacks your attacks remove boons, 3sec cd.

new sigil of whatever, you deal 10% more dmg to foes with boons and an additional +2% per boon.

new sigil of whatever, on kill remove 3 boons from upto 5 foes in a 600 radius.

of course they wouldn’t find use because zomg sigil of fire = loot !

in WvW

Posted by: serj.8214

serj.8214

But you drop them just to 1 target as War\Thief yes you melt ur target but its the same as power thief\war can melt their target) even faster id say) Necro\Mesm can do AoE condi but it takes to much time and in open world we can easily outrun\dodge them. And less but not last War\Rev can buff resist to them selves, necro transfer back some condi, ele cleanses, mesm cleanses so every class has acces to some cleanses all you need is just use them correct)

in WvW

Posted by: Osu.6307

Osu.6307

How can you just say conditions are too strong? OK, if you mainly roam or run havoc, then yes, conditions are strong because you don’t have constant cleanse/resistance from other players to mitigate the damage. In zerg fights, condition builds are awful. I gave up trying to play condi because with all the resistance getting spammed, I was doing a small fraction of my power build damage (on a reaper).

Osu

in WvW

Posted by: Famine.7915

Famine.7915

Condition meta? Didn’t even notice.

Vee/Volk
Maguuma – Predatory Instinct [HUNT]
Necromancer

in WvW

Posted by: Pinko.2076

Pinko.2076

the mitigation ramp from HoT morphed the meta to how it currently is, not conditions or boons

the boon and condition setups largely existed before HoT but were mostly irrelevent because everyone did a lot more power damage on average, and spikes/bursts with power were much more reliable with lower average mitigation on zergs

something that shouldn’t happen: I’ve played condition and minstrel specs and literally walked through an enemy zerg when outpositioned very consistently. this is absurd, the 3 years before this I would melt even with Dire. If mitigation is nerfed and zergs go back to a large focus on power damage, the boon classes are wasted space and condi specs are easy kills

in WvW

Posted by: LughLongArm.5460

LughLongArm.5460

1) Dont think there is a condition meta in WvW, especially after last patch which recused some of the classes sustain vs power. Most of warriors I encounter, dont even bother with CI anymore, they go for RR, which is probably the best defence trait in the game for a power meta(how this trait doesnt have ICD ?).

2)The boon abuse is real, OP foods,sigils and runes, most of them are exclusive HOT only content(pay 2 win? cough cough*). The all boon thing realy got out of hand, doesnt meet the system original desighn and sould be completely re-worked(like they did 2 condis a year ago). All boon should be stackble like stability and might, the effecct of a single boon type should be reduced but get higher stackble cap. All boon should be given for on an intervlas basis every 1-3 sec.

Concept? – You suppose to be greatly rewarded by boons for a short piriod of time, which should also be the mark for counter boon stealer to corrupt/steal your boon.
Boon duration buffs will give the benefit of stacking the effectivness of the boon mostly to some extent the duration.

(edited by LughLongArm.5460)

in WvW

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

the mitigation ramp from HoT morphed the meta to how it currently is, not conditions or boons

The current boon duration builds are a direct result of HoT and subsequent patches. It was impossible for a single character to roll over 100% boon duration without any outside help prior to these patches.

The condi situation just exploded thanks to HoT. In part due to Shatter Condi Chrono builds, Lotus Trained thieves and a variety of other fast condi application builds.

The meta is very, very poor for competitive play right now. If a skirmish crew is running Durability runes, prepare to send in 3x their numbers or more to bring them down. Add on a Condi Nuke Necro and watch 10+ players melt in a couple seconds because they can stack a load of condi unlike ever before.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”