Fix unlimited boons ASAP

Fix unlimited boons ASAP

in WvW

Posted by: Kyon.9735

Kyon.9735

Isn’t the real problem here is the 30s+ of resistance and quickness? Nerf that on mesmer boonshare. Protection is pretty easy to spam anyway.

Oh, they can nerf Durability Runes to self only as well.

Fix unlimited boons ASAP

in WvW

Posted by: Nuzt.7894

Nuzt.7894

What about putting something in to the effect of, once X boon has been stripped/corrupted that boon type can not be reapplied for 10 sec, or 5 sec or whatever just throwing out random numbers.

Fix unlimited boons ASAP

in WvW

Posted by: Johje Holan.4607

Johje Holan.4607

So, again, cause I’m just tired of anet messing with stuff just because a few people complain.

If a team is coordinated enough, has the right group comp and builds to run boonshare, let them. If you’re fighting them, you need to be just as coordinated. Either run the same meta and be better, or run a counter meta and be just as coordinated. I run into boonstrip guilds all the time. It’s very effective. So, get organized.

Its not just a few people. The boonshare meta creates un-fun situations. That’s why people are complaining.

There was a dev once that said something like GW2 was about fun. And that they should ask themselves, “is this fun” when trying to implement something. Boonshare meta does not increase the fun. It decreases it.

Fix unlimited boons ASAP

in WvW

Posted by: Archeia.8905

Archeia.8905

What about putting something in to the effect of, once X boon has been stripped/corrupted that boon type can not be reapplied for 10 sec, or 5 sec or whatever just throwing out random numbers.

I feel this is the most logical solution, fewer nerfs that go around the better imo. A 5 sec delay between a corrupted boon being able to be reapplied would work well enough imo.

Tarnished Coast – Revenant main

Fix unlimited boons ASAP

in WvW

Posted by: Naix.8156

Naix.8156

I feel this is the most logical solution, fewer nerfs that go around the better imo. A 5 sec delay between a corrupted boon being able to be reapplied would work well enough imo.

That would be pretty harsh in PvP with the current boon implementation. There would be no sense having the pulsing boon application skills as one corrupt would negate the pulsing effect.

There really is one main culprit in wvw that’s responsible for the boon share meta – its revenant and more specifically the passive boon resistance on Facet of Nature. For a measly 2 upkeep you can passively give +450 stat points of concentration to 5 players. That’s absolutely insane and not even remotely close to inline with existing with traits (eg. strength in numbers, empower allies, etc) that are similar in function. Additionally, the existing traits require you to be in combat before they activate.

I don’t have an issue with the boon share mesmer. That build requires a significant investment to make it work, and more importantly the mesmer can’t really generate the boons, only share them out (i.e. boon duration really isn’t needed on the mes as it doesn’t increase the duration of anything passed from sig of inspiration). This is important as it means if rev didn’t provide this massive passive boon duration bonus essentially for free the other sources of boons in the raid and even the revs itself would have to invest in boon duration on their gear to generate the long duration boons for the mesmer to be able to share them out. i.e. it would be an opportunity cost to run a boon share guild group setup which would be fine.

I suspect and hope even, that we see flat condition and boon duration sources from runes, sigils, food, etc get a pass from the devs (much like they did with crit damage to ferocity). If you look at these sources as stat points, the bonuses they give aren’t inline with all of the other stat point bonuses. In short its really too easy, in any game mode, to get very long duration conditions and boons.

Fix unlimited boons ASAP

in WvW

Nuzt.7894

That would be pretty harsh in PvP with the current boon implementation. There would be no sense having the pulsing boon application skills as one corrupt would negate the pulsing effect.

There really is one main culprit in wvw that’s responsible for the boon share meta – its revenant and more specifically the passive boon resistance on Facet of Nature. For a measly 2 upkeep you can passively give +450 stat points of concentration to 5 players. That’s absolutely insane and not even remotely close to inline with existing with traits (eg. strength in numbers, empower allies, etc) that are similar in function. Additionally, the existing traits require you to be in combat before they activate.

I don’t have an issue with the boon share mesmer. That build requires a significant investment to make it work, and more importantly the mesmer can’t really generate the boons, only share them out (i.e. boon duration really isn’t needed on the mes as it doesn’t increase the duration of anything passed from sig of inspiration). This is important as it means if rev didn’t provide this massive passive boon duration bonus essentially for free the other sources of boons in the raid and even the revs itself would have to invest in boon duration on their gear to generate the long duration boons for the mesmer to be able to share them out. i.e. it would be an opportunity cost to run a boon share guild group setup which would be fine.

I suspect and hope even, that we see flat condition and boon duration sources from runes, sigils, food, etc get a pass from the devs (much like they did with crit damage to ferocity). If you look at these sources as stat points, the bonuses they give aren’t inline with all of the other stat point bonuses. In short its really too easy, in any game mode, to get very long duration conditions and boons.

They could adjust for PvP, make it 2 sec or not at all in PvP. The problem with asking for nerfs is, Anet goes over board, they don’t just nerf things, the destroy them beyond all recognition.

Fix unlimited boons ASAP

in WvW

Posted by: Jeknar.6184

Jeknar.6184

(i.e. boon duration really isn’t needed on the mes as it doesn’t increase the duration of anything passed from sig of inspiration)

Unfortunely, boon duration DO increase the duration of the boons you share. I’m not sure if it’s intended, but it happen. I run 60% boon duration on my mesmer, and if I share a boon which I have 10s duration left, I give 16s instead.

Kawagima / Kelvena Riverstream / Calamis Fatima / Hanna Flintlocke
WvW Rank 3800 (Platinum Veteran) – PvP Rank 69 (Shark) – 25,9k Achievment Points
Mërcenaries [Sold] – Ferguson’s Crossing

Fix unlimited boons ASAP

in WvW

Posted by: Reverence.6915

Reverence.6915

If this gets changed in the wrong way, you’ll get dumb nerfs like what happened to elementalist in the last patch – designed to tone them down in PvE raids, but completely destroyed in sPvP.

Herald’s Facet can be toned down a bit, but too much and it’ll put them in Warrior status.

Expac sucks for WvW players. Asura master race
Beastgate | Faerie Law
Currently residing on SBI

Fix unlimited boons ASAP

in WvW

Jeknar.6184

Herald’s Facet can be toned down a bit, but too much and it’ll put them in Warrior status.

I’d love to be in the skirmish godlike status that warrior is atm.

WvW Rank 3800 (Platinum Veteran) – PvP Rank 69 (Shark) – 25,9k Achievment Points

Fix unlimited boons ASAP

in WvW

Naix.8156

(i.e. boon duration really isn’t needed on the mes as it doesn’t increase the duration of anything passed from sig of inspiration)

Unfortunely, boon duration DO increase the duration of the boons you share. I’m not sure if it’s intended, but it happen. I run 60% boon duration on my mesmer, and if I share a boon which I have 10s duration left, I give 16s instead.

I haven’t been on my mes for a bit so I’ll have to check that out. This is Anet so I wouldn’t be surprised to find that its working as you’ve described.

I had thought that for duration stacking boons, the boon share was passing out the boon as a single application (rather than retaining the stack count) and was letting you bypass the duration stack limit.

Fix unlimited boons ASAP

in WvW

Posted by: dzeRnumbrd.6129

dzeRnumbrd.6129

I play a rev sometimes in wvw, and I would sure like to know how I can spam unlimited boons. Must be some super secret special button that I haven’t seen, yet.

See method 1 where he swaps legends to keep his energy high and the boons flowing.

The problem with nerfing this is you don’t want to totally ruin herald’s facets or boon duration builds at the same time.

I think adding a cooldown to facets so using this exploitative switching tactic will be impossible but boon application and boon duration still work if you use the skill “as intended”.

Fix unlimited boons ASAP

in WvW

Posted by: Rink.6108

Rink.6108

- Boonstrip doesn’t work against those zergs, because stripping boons doesn’t do damage, while the boonshare zerg will do damage in the meantime. Once the boons are applied, the zerg can just switch all their skills to damage skills.
- Corrupt doesn’t work, because the applied conditions are not taking into account the length of boons/stacks on the player and can only be done by specific classes in a very limited way (for example only 1 or 3 boons get corrupted and if it is, then it is 1 stack of burning for 3 sec for 2 min aegis; 25 stacks of might for 40 seconds will be 1 weakness for 10 seconds – it’s really bad).
But even if duration of boons/stacks would be taken into account, it wouldn’t help if the player still has resistence up.

The facet of nature really is out of balance by a huge margin. It is similar to if a class had a bonus that gave 450 power with 100% uptime to 5 players. I understand that arenanet wants the rev to be overpowered so people buy HoT, but this is just silly. Even if it would be reduced to 20% and reduced in uptime it still would be insane.

BUT only fixing this wouldn’t solve the problem. Many builds are already on the cap of 100% boon duration without being fully equipped with concentration gear/weapons/food etc. and could just make adjustments to get to 100% boon duration again. Some boons aren’t meant to be had for more than 5 seconds, so limiting the max duration should be a thing, just like other boons and conditions have a “stack” limit for the same reason.
Imho this should be done IN ADDITION to fixing the problems that lead to boon share zergs atm (mesmer, revenenants).

Fix unlimited boons ASAP

in WvW

Posted by: Wolfric.9380

Wolfric.9380

durability runes needs the sharing removed (it would still stay a top rune)…. and perplexity their confusion aplication reworked …

Fix unlimited boons ASAP

in WvW

Posted by: Artaz.3819

Artaz.3819

Trim Step #1, just add a boon application cap that lowers the effective stacking cap from 9 to say 5 (exclude Swiftness) just like Retaliation boon.

This only affects WvW play and doesn’t imbalance the rest of the game.

Fix unlimited boons ASAP

in WvW

Posted by: Artaz.3819

Artaz.3819

The facet of nature really is out of balance by a huge margin.

Nerfing Facet of Nature would break Revenant without huge class improvements though. It does come with a hefty upkeep cost and it isn’t really broken with Revenant-provided-only boons.

The real thing is the active effect just needs to be more attractive to use (more like a form of Consume Plasma).

Fix unlimited boons ASAP

in WvW

Posted by: Cinder.2056

Cinder.2056

Is this the thread where i make the suggestion, of adding a new boon called boon protection, where this particular boon protects other boons from getting corrupted/stripped? No? Wrong thread?

Fix unlimited boons ASAP

in WvW

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

Skill groups did not need to be more powerful. Used to be that enough PUGs could bring down a small coordinated group and that was fun for both sides. Now good skirmish groups just roll through mass numbers of PUGs with hardly a challenge. Now most PUGs just learn to avoid those groups entirely which is not fun for either side really.

durability runes needs the sharing removed (it would still stay a top rune)…. and perplexity their confusion aplication reworked …

Plex took an arrow to the knee in the last patch. It is still useful to Mesmers but the days of dropping huge Plex confusion hits are gone.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

(edited by Straegen.2938)

Fix unlimited boons ASAP

in WvW

Posted by: Rink.6108

Rink.6108

Nerfing Facet of Nature would break Revenant without huge class improvements though. It does come with a hefty upkeep cost and it isn’t really broken with Revenant-provided-only boons.

The perma 50% increase of boon duration for 5 other players is definately something that can be described as “broken” in terms of balancing.
Also the -2 are everything but hefty imho. I would call it “free”.
In terms of the revenant and his “own” applying of boons I would also argue that even the “vanilla” +65% boon duration of the herald make him too good in comparison to other classes in terms of applying certain boons to the party and still be effective in combat/healing. I would love to crunch the numbers on this one though if I could get the statistical data from arenanet. But yea, if facet of nature would only affect the rev himself, then it wouldn’t as bad as it is right now.

Fix unlimited boons ASAP

in WvW

Posted by: vana.5467

vana.5467

Trim Step #1, just add a boon application cap that lowers the effective stacking cap from 9 to say 5 (exclude Swiftness) just like Retaliation boon.

This only affects WvW play and doesn’t imbalance the rest of the game.

Agreed, though I think the cap for certain boons (like resistance and quickness) should be even lower. Like 2 or 3.
Another thing is that the boonshare signet seems to bypass the stacking limit. That needs to be fixed as well.

Personally, I think it should be lowered to 20-25% boon duration for other allies (still 50% for the rev itself). I’d also put a duration limit on it, maybe 10-15 seconds, after which it automatically goes on cd. Potentially, this cd could be shorter if the active isn’t used. In any case, the current permanent 750 stat boost to every party member is pretty excessive.

Fix unlimited boons ASAP

in WvW

Naix.8156

So I did some testing and the boons passed out by active on the signet do not benefit from boon duration.

Fix unlimited boons ASAP

in WvW

Jeknar.6184

So I did some testing and the boons passed out by active on the signet do not benefit from boon duration.

Oh durr, I realized why I thought it did. Bountiful delusionment also give the boons to the allies so it looked like my allies boons were lasting longer (and infact they are since they received the stack from BD and from SoI).

Fix unlimited boons ASAP

in WvW

Posted by: RyuDragnier.9476

RyuDragnier.9476

The facet of nature really is out of balance by a huge margin.

It ain’t FoN, it’s that there’s no hardcap on boon timers. Add a hardcap, and you’ve fixed the problem.

[hS]
PvE Main – Zar Poisonclaw – Daredevil
WvW Main – Ghost Mistcaller – Herald

Fix unlimited boons ASAP

in WvW

Posted by: roamzero.9486

roamzero.9486

INB4 Anet somehow introduces ultra-efficient boon stripping to siege such as arrow carts or the new build-able cannons, instead of you know, actually balancing class skills and abilities that apply an insane amount of boons.

Fix unlimited boons ASAP

in WvW

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

Personally, I think it should be lowered to 20-25% boon duration for other allies (still 50% for the rev itself).

Or how about 0%?

No really, why should it even be shared? Why cant this be a skill for the player only? The rev is already AoE sharing boons far better than the individual utility skills of other classes (no contest at all in perma uptime vs giving like 5s on 25s cd or similar).

Without it being shared, we would be back to normal boon durations on other classes and the rev would still be insanely strong. Lowering the upkeep on it as a tradeoff would be fine.

Fix unlimited boons ASAP

in WvW

vana.5467

Personally, I think it should be lowered to 20-25% boon duration for other allies (still 50% for the rev itself).

Or how about 0%?

No really, why should it even be shared? Why cant this be a skill for the player only? The rev is already AoE sharing boons far better than the individual utility skills of other classes (no contest at all in perma uptime vs giving like 5s on 25s cd or similar).

Without it being shared, we would be back to normal boon durations on other classes and the rev would still be insanely strong. Lowering the upkeep on it as a tradeoff would be fine.

I have no objection to this. It would be my preferred solution. But I’ve made that suggestion so many times, I just wanted to offer an alternative.

Halving the effect and putting a duration limit on it would force some coordination and timing in its use. What really bothers me about Herald is the passive nature of the skills. Anything to make them more active would be an improvement in my book.

Also, it’s pretty ridiculous that the same facet from multiple revs stack, but that’s another topic entirely, I guess (probably one we’ll see after boonshare and damage reduction gets nerfed and people start running glass backlines with permanent 25might again)..

Fix unlimited boons ASAP

in WvW

Posted by: Jayden Ennok.3687

Jayden Ennok.3687

the existing traits require you to be in combat before they activate.

imo, this would solve most problems with long pre stacked durations on guild groups

Underworld Vabbi 1.5yr

Fix unlimited boons ASAP

in WvW

Posted by: Bezerker.2379

Bezerker.2379

Guys… just strip the boons.. problem solved.. Focus target and they’re rip anyway.

Fix unlimited boons ASAP

in WvW

Posted by: stephanie wise.7841

stephanie wise.7841

I agree to much complaining rev boon Mesmer boon yada yada. what if rev start complaining about thief, warrior and necro. some class are very good against other class and some not it is part of the game. as a rev I could complain about the bad nerf they did to healing. – 36% healing also heal skill no 6 not setting of right away, now rev get killed to easy. a change should be made to that bad nerf. but you see I as a rev have adapt skill does not activate right away use it 0.50 second before you need it. heal does not work good enuff bring food that give some healing.

not as fun to play as beginning when rev just came out.

but I have adapt to that bad nerf so stop asking for other bad nerf because it is a class that you do not play. just learn to play your class better.

Fix unlimited boons ASAP

in WvW

stephanie wise.7841

learn to play your class better we suffer enuf bad nerf already. as rev.

we all ready have bad nerf to healing making rev not as usefull as before. since most of the time rev are targeted by all the zerg at same time. rev is a support class that reinforce the other player. but nerfing the healing made the rev to weak and most often rev get killed before the rest of the player around. as herald you use shield sword mace or axe(short, middle range) or hammer(long range).

even necro outlast rev on 1 vs 1 fight. since necro (light armor) have 2 health bar that replenish on attack. and rev (heavy armor) more toughness with a small health gain as herald with aspect on.

warrior and thief have skill that goes through rev protection skill. and like I said rev all ready suffer from previous bad nerf to healing. so stop the damage right now.

learn to play your class.

Fix unlimited boons ASAP

in WvW

stephanie wise.7841

Or how about 0%?

I have no objection to this. It would be my preferred solution. But I’ve made that suggestion so many times, I just wanted to offer an alternative.

Halving the effect and putting a duration limit on it would force some coordination and timing in its use. What really bothers me about Herald is the passive nature of the skills. Anything to make them more active would be an improvement in my book.

Also, it’s pretty ridiculous that the same facet from multiple revs stack, but that’s another topic entirely, I guess (probably one we’ll see after boonshare and damage reduction gets nerfed and people start running glass backlines with permanent 25might again)..

if you want to make rev more active remove the bad healing nerf made to the class. and give the rev more attack power. as for the boon and the rest it is good as it is. as for rev boon share among other rev protection is 1 boon having another rev with same boon around does not make protection 2 it stay 1 protection( yes if many rev they can probably make their skill coordinate when playing as a team but so can all other class in the game.) stop doing bad nerf to the class. learn to play your own class. veteran player from gw 1 and gw 2 that is getting tired of bad nerf made to other class because people do not know how to play their own class.

I f you want to know I play all class. so I know what class is good against another or what skill is more effective against another class. at the place of asking for things to be nerfed why not ask for thing that are not working on your own class to be addressed. that could prove more beneficial then starting to nerf other class because your class as some skill issue or the player needs to learn is class.

Fix unlimited boons ASAP

in WvW

stephanie wise.7841

- Boonstrip doesn’t work against those zergs, because stripping boons doesn’t do damage, while the boonshare zerg will do damage in the meantime. Once the boons are applied, the zerg can just switch all their skills to damage skills.
- Corrupt doesn’t work, because the applied conditions are not taking into account the length of boons/stacks on the player and can only be done by specific classes in a very limited way (for example only 1 or 3 boons get corrupted and if it is, then it is 1 stack of burning for 3 sec for 2 min aegis; 25 stacks of might for 40 seconds will be 1 weakness for 10 seconds – it’s really bad).
But even if duration of boons/stacks would be taken into account, it wouldn’t help if the player still has resistence up.

The facet of nature really is out of balance by a huge margin. It is similar to if a class had a bonus that gave 450 power with 100% uptime to 5 players. I understand that arenanet wants the rev to be overpowered so people buy HoT, but this is just silly. Even if it would be reduced to 20% and reduced in uptime it still would be insane.

BUT only fixing this wouldn’t solve the problem. Many builds are already on the cap of 100% boon duration without being fully equipped with concentration gear/weapons/food etc. and could just make adjustments to get to 100% boon duration again. Some boons aren’t meant to be had for more than 5 seconds, so limiting the max duration should be a thing, just like other boons and conditions have a “stack” limit for the same reason.
Imho this should be done IN ADDITION to fixing the problems that lead to boon share zergs atm (mesmer, revenenants).

there is no problem of boon share it work as it is suppose to work. rev have receive already enuff bad nerf. because some people do not know how to play their class. so much bad nerf that against some class they are ineffective one on one. herald works better in group now and cannot play to much active in front because of the bad nerf to healing that as all ready been made. not only that but most of herald attack are condition attack so made for long fight, power is for shorth fight. so having healing reduce and needing it for fight 1 vs 1 where other player play power necro life sucking, 2 health bar or zerg fight where you will be the first one targeted all ready gives the rev a very bad handicap. not only that people that are starting to play the game or play only one class have no idea that rev reinforce them and that they should help their rev that as been handicap badly by the bad nerf. they see people attack they run away the rev get killed since the shield skill stuck them in place and healing is not good enough anny more. then they try to attack with out the rev and they get killed and they do not understand why they die faster this time if they are even aware of it. (since the rev cannot give them boon protection and a little healing.)

rev was fun at the beginning since bad nerf not as fun to play it suffer badly and if another bad nerf happen will probably not be good to play any more. since playing with rev healing or boon is playing with is survivability and it was made to have high survivability to be able to play in a zerg fight to survive while giving boon. and be also able to survive one on one. now against 4 class is almost impossible now to survive. and since there is 9 class in total that is 4 class out of 9.

rev need more healing like it was when it first came out it also need more power in is attack. rest is good. no more nerf or you will kill that class.

Fix unlimited boons ASAP

in WvW

Posted by: RodOfDeath.5247

RodOfDeath.5247

Yea those boons man, not like condis that can be spammed constantly, stacked high, do ridiculous amounts of damage, and cant be cleansed enough to deal with the sheer spam.

Why care about them when you are running practically unlimited Resistance?

Ran into a rev guy today, nothing could touch him. Condi’s were ineffective cleared instantly, no damage taken, constantly blocking everything, evaded like crazy, resistance for geez…idk all day?, constant stability, boons up and running no matter how many times you boon stripped, and oh yeah…..he hit like a mac truck and healed but had teh amazing ability to load up condis on you but ran power food.

I actually just watched him stand in a camp letting a full upgraded camp vets just pound on him, like he knew his build is untouchable never losing below 90% hp lol

Nice balance anet

Fix unlimited boons ASAP

in WvW

Jeknar.6184

Guys… just strip the boons.. problem solved.. Focus target and they’re rip anyway.

Goodluck stripping boons from an entire zerg. Unless you have a zerg of necros, or is running a boonshare zerg yourself, you’re likely dead at this point.

(edited by Jeknar.6184)

Fix unlimited boons ASAP

in WvW

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

If it were as easy to strip a zerg of its boons as it was for the zerg to apply them, I might agree.

Fix unlimited boons ASAP

in WvW

Naix.8156

I agree to much complaining rev boon Mesmer boon yada yada. what if rev start complaining about thief, warrior and necro. some class are very good against other class and some not it is part of the game. as a rev I could complain about the bad nerf they did to healing. – 36% healing also heal skill no 6 not setting of right away, now rev get killed to easy. a change should be made to that bad nerf. but you see I as a rev have adapt skill does not activate right away use it 0.50 second before you need it. heal does not work good enuff bring food that give some healing.

not as fun to play as beginning when rev just came out.

but I have adapt to that bad nerf so stop asking for other bad nerf because it is a class that you do not play. just learn to play your class better.

Holy eff that post is incoherent, but I guess that tends to happen when one types while crying…

The context of the discussion in this thread is regarding stacking incredibly long duration boons on groups in WvW play. The issue here, imo, is not that long duration boons can be stacked so much as that it can be done without an opportunity cost.

I don’t know that FoN is untouchable here as you swap Legends frequently in pvp, rather then camp a single legend for long durations at a time as in a wvw raid group. In either case I really believe that a passive 450 points of concentration to 5 allies is too much and should be shaved.

Fix unlimited boons ASAP

in WvW

Naix.8156

That’s not really how it works in wvw. Even in pvp scale fights the aoe hemorrhaging of boons and skills that pulse boons doesn’t really fit with skillful boon strip. In wvw, the numbers scaling makes boon strip counter play options even further limited.

Fix unlimited boons ASAP

in WvW

Naix.8156

there is no problem of boon share it work as it is suppose to work. rev have receive already enuff bad nerf. because some people do not know how to play their class. so much bad nerf that against some class they are ineffective one on one. herald works better in group now and cannot play to much active in front because of the bad nerf to healing that as all ready been made. not only that but most of herald attack are condition attack so made for long fight, power is for shorth fight. so having healing reduce and needing it for fight 1 vs 1 where other player play power necro life sucking, 2 health bar or zerg fight where you will be the first one targeted all ready gives the rev a very bad handicap. not only that people that are starting to play the game or play only one class have no idea that rev reinforce them and that they should help their rev that as been handicap badly by the bad nerf. they see people attack they run away the rev get killed since the shield skill stuck them in place and healing is not good enough anny more. then they try to attack with out the rev and they get killed and they do not understand why they die faster this time if they are even aware of it. (since the rev cannot give them boon protection and a little healing.)

rev was fun at the beginning since bad nerf not as fun to play it suffer badly and if another bad nerf happen will probably not be good to play any more. since playing with rev healing or boon is playing with is survivability and it was made to have high survivability to be able to play in a zerg fight to survive while giving boon. and be also able to survive one on one. now against 4 class is almost impossible now to survive. and since there is 9 class in total that is 4 class out of 9.

rev need more healing like it was when it first came out it also need more power in is attack. rest is good. no more nerf or you will kill that class.

Just want to hop in here, and double check if you’ve read the title of the thread and even a single post in here so far?

Fix unlimited boons ASAP

in WvW

Posted by: Hexinx.1872

Hexinx.1872

I’d like to see necros and mes have an AoE shatter/corrupt enchantment on low to moderate CD to be useful – coupled with a 5 sec ‘revealed’ equivalent for boons once stripped.

EDIT – like necro well is too long CD …. null field does no dmg … I think mes need shattter enchantment and necro needs something on equivalent CD as spinal shivers with reduced cast time maybe – not my job though. Boons stacking that long in duration says something is not working

Fix unlimited boons ASAP

in WvW

Nuzt.7894

INB4 Anet somehow introduces ultra-efficient boon stripping to siege such as arrow carts or the new build-able cannons, instead of you know, actually balancing class skills and abilities that apply an insane amount of boons.

Don’t give them any ideas, in the off chance they didn’t think of this.

Fix unlimited boons ASAP

in WvW

Posted by: FrownyClown.8402

FrownyClown.8402

Hey guys, I think you will be surprised at how affective lich bombs can be against the current meta. The 5 skill on lich form strips 9 boons. Combine that with 4-5 necros and you can turn the tides of the fight.

Bad Elementalist

Fix unlimited boons ASAP

in WvW

Posted by: Kadin.2356

Kadin.2356

I read a lot of these replies as “We are finally good, don’t take this away and make us bad again”.

Fix unlimited boons ASAP

in WvW

Posted by: RyuDragnier.9476

RyuDragnier.9476

Hey guys, I think you will be surprised at how affective lich bombs can be against the current meta. The 5 skill on lich form strips 9 boons. Combine that with 4-5 necros and you can turn the tides of the fight.

That’s the sad part. In order to counter this boonshare/resistance problem you must use…more necros, who will condi-bomb you to death the second your boons and resistance are down. You resistance to stop the necros, who then destroy resistance so they can do it anyway. <_<

[hS]
PvE Main – Zar Poisonclaw – Daredevil
WvW Main – Ghost Mistcaller – Herald

Fix unlimited boons ASAP

in WvW

Nuzt.7894

I read a lot of these replies as “We are finally good, don’t take this away and make us bad again”.

I read it as, finally something to replace that boring, mind numbing, crappy meta called Pirate Ship.

Is it the most optimal ? No but it sure is a lot more enjoyable to see melee leading the charge and doing melee on the frontline as they should be instead of pacing back and forth for 5 hours waiting for someone to make the first move. I’m sure there are youtube video’s of Pong that are more entertaining than the Pirate Ship video’s.

Fix unlimited boons ASAP

in WvW

vana.5467

I read it as, finally something to replace that boring, mind numbing, crappy meta called Pirate Ship.

Is it the most optimal ? No but it sure is a lot more enjoyable to see melee leading the charge and doing melee on the frontline as they should be instead of pacing back and forth for 5 hours waiting for someone to make the first move. I’m sure there are youtube video’s of Pong that are more entertaining than the Pirate Ship video’s.

True.
But I think what the previous poster meant is that people are getting “carried” by these comps. Sounds a bit salty when you say it like that, but I genuinely believe that the skill cap in “HoT comps” (for lack of a better term) is so low that it practically puts everyone at the same level. There’s far less discrepancy between the efficiency of groups of different skill levels in this meta than any before it.
So the problem really is this: why compete if the game doesn’t favor the “better” group of players (or rather, if there’s no way to be the better group)?

Fix unlimited boons ASAP

in WvW

Posted by: Fat Disgrace.4275

Fat Disgrace.4275

Erm, you don’t need boon share mesmers to melee train. 50% boon duration on guards and front line heralds with durabilty runes is enough

Fat Disgrace (banned) Man Flu Survivor – war/The Cabbage -Thief (gunners hold / [TaG])

gw1 – healing signet/frenzy/charge

Fix unlimited boons ASAP

in WvW

Posted by: abaddon.3290

abaddon.3290

corrupt boon on necro sounds really good here tbh.

im bad at sarcasm

Fix unlimited boons ASAP

in WvW

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

corrupt boon on necro sounds really good here tbh.

Until you realize that the boons go up fast as kitten again and the condis are cleansed about as fast.

The boontrain will also have a backline of necros so if you bring enough necros to theoretically squish the main force of the boontrain, you wont have a strong enough frontline to withstand their push and somewhat smaller bomb at the same time. Best case scenario is often you kill a couple of their frontline, they kill half your backline.

TL;DR The only way to fight a boontrain is with a boontrain.

Fix unlimited boons ASAP

in WvW

Posted by: Junkpile.7439

Junkpile.7439

Well of corruption should have 100 target cap and convert 10 boons and corrupted boon should be 50 target aoe and convert 10 boons. Of course both skills cool down should be at least 50% shorter.

Low quality trolling since launch
Seafarer’s Rest EotM grinch

Fix unlimited boons ASAP

in WvW

Posted by: Loosmaster.8263

Loosmaster.8263

Well of corruption should have 100 target cap and convert 10 boons and corrupted boon should be 50 target aoe and convert 10 boons. Of course both skills cool down should be at least 50% shorter.

Welcome back junkpile, lol.

Tacktical Killers [TK]
We’re looking for players.
PM me here or ING.

Fix unlimited boons ASAP

in WvW

Posted by: Paavotar.3971

Paavotar.3971

How about we just make retaliation, resistance, quickness and protection not to stack duration. Make them replace the old boon IF it has longer duration than the one currently applied.

A Pink scumbag of [FACE] and deep inside a [GuM]ster
Mouggari – Warrior – Candy cane Avenger