Fixing Queues (or at least making them fun)

in WvW

Posted by: Syntax.9602

Syntax.9602

Actually a real problem for WvW are long Queue-Times during Weekend or Primetime.

I also have some Ideas for WvW in general (well it wouldn’t be WvW if they come true, but maybe something more fun and more equal).

GW2 obviously has all the necessary stuff to create instances. So why don’t we get a copy of the WvW-Maps, that could be filled with queuing people from all around the world (I guess EU and NA needs to be seperated)?

You could call it WvW-Overflow since this is exactly what it is. And if people like this (since you are never outnumbered, because the joining people are divided equally), why not make it the standard?

Just create X Battlefields and fill them from top to bottom, with an option for Guild-Groups to login (they might outnumber the enemy shortly, but since the over two sides would get new members, this won’t last long).

Every battlefield creates points that fill the WvW-Gauge of the server. If there are 200 from 500 people from one server, this server gets 2/5 of the points created in this battlefield.

This would also make it possible to create more WvW-Maps since you could switch them, because it is unimportant if all sides have equal conditions, because you most likely won’t be on the same side next time.

…well maybe this is a bit too much (I could go on about improving the PvE<-> WvW Interaction since WvW isn’t meant primarly for PvPers but for players who want to try some PvP), but at least the Queue-Thing should be doable and exspecially for PvPers Queuing isn’t fun.

in WvW

Posted by: Trueshots.9456

Trueshots.9456

Well if talentless people wouldn’t run to top tiered servers because they died a few times in a pvp zone, we wouldn’t have this problem. I for one play on Ferguson’s Crossing, I have never, and I mean never, had 1 sec of wait time. Cheers

~Poison Caltrop~
I apologize, If you didn’t outnumber me, it wasn’t a fair fight

in WvW

Posted by: Syntax.9602

Syntax.9602

The problem is that even if you equal it out not much people actually play WvW. Depending on what is happening in WvW our Queues differ from 3h on a good weekend to outmanned at 7pm.

If people transfer off, we will get even more stomped during the week, but have no queues on weekend, with more people, we could fill WvW more easy during the week, but get even longer queues on the weekend

in WvW

Posted by: Blaeys.3102

Blaeys.3102

The problem isnt really with queue times. Those are direly needed as they are the only incentive for population spread right now. Improving or offering alternatives to queues on overpopulated servers would only make the situation worse right now.

What is desperately needed is significantly better reasons/incentive (other than no queues) for WvW focused people to play on underpopulated or “losing” servers.

in WvW

Posted by: EnochDagor.6185

EnochDagor.6185

Biggest thing needed is no influence lost for a guild transferring servers. On SF, we get up to about 5 minute queue times during peak hours but that’s only when we’re winning…

Don’t like the idea of an Overflow.

80 Elementalist – Sanctum of Rall
Various other classes for figuring out how to kill em (thief, warrior, mesmer, etc…)
War is much more fun when you’re winning! – General Martok