Fixing the zergs

Fixing the zergs

in WvW

Posted by: Meryt.9823

Meryt.9823

Be careful what you ask for , you may get it!
Progression = grind, and ultimately near everyone will be maxed out and back on equal footing. IMO content added that just results in an arms race is bad for the game .

The problem isn’t WXP. The problem is the underlying mechanics of the game. (No healers, no trinity, downed state, 5-man limit to AoE etc.).

That is what creates the zerg. The rewards (like WXP) just amplify the underlying problem.

Solution? .

I fully agree that the mechanics of the game are what support the current zerg play but I don’t think healers/trinity, downed state, or AOE limit contribute to it much. An increase in AOE limit will just make zerg vs zerg fights that much faster as the side with more AOE’s will win. It is a double edged sword, it might allow a small group to take out bigger groups but it also allows much bigger zergs to take out big zergs.

I see a few big issues that are supporting the zerg lifestyle. First there is no friendly collision detection, this is a huge negative that could easily keep people from running ikittenerg. The lack of character models blocking LOS, add this and watch as people spread out so their damage isn’t blocked. The keeps, towers, and even camps are way too easy to capture. It should take the better part of a day trebbing a wall to knock it down, but currently set up 3-4 trebs and you’re in within 15mins. The whole supply system allows people to just stop in, pick up supply, and leave without caring if it gets capped because they will just recap it when they need supply again. Make supply trickle in but allow players to pick it up(each player can carry 1 supply) at camps and deliver it to keeps/tower. The effect will be 3 fold, siege will be harder to build so it will need to be defended while being built, camps will need to be defended in order to continue getting a trickle of supply, and people will need to constantly run supply. That splits the zergs into defending siege, defending camp(s), and running supply.

In order to make zergs break apart you need to give them multiple objectives(best case) or negatives(worst case). GW2 just doesn’t do either and thus we have zergs running around.

+100 for collision/blocking.
and lets have friendly fire enabled too.
Zerging solved

He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster.

Fixing the zergs

in WvW

Posted by: chronometria.3708

chronometria.3708

Zerging solved by raising the stupid 5 target cap on AOE.

Fixing the zergs

in WvW

Posted by: Dalure.4691

Dalure.4691

Give them a debuff……easy fix……more then 30 people together they will have a decrease in boonduration and stats……..

Just my 2cents

/Salute

WvW Commander of Piken Square
Guild: ForsakenGamers (FG)

Fixing the zergs

in WvW

Posted by: Geiir.7603

Geiir.7603

Agreed. Remove that cap and you’ll see smaller groups instead of huge zergs. I mean, meteor raining from the skies on a 100 man group! Only five of them was getting hit -_-

Melder – Thief

Fixing the zergs

in WvW

Posted by: xxxzavulonxxx.8413

xxxzavulonxxx.8413

Zerg fix = wiping bigger zergs.

People get demoralized and go away.

[SU]

Fixing the zergs

in WvW

Posted by: Dalure.4691

Dalure.4691

Agreed. Remove that cap and you’ll see smaller groups instead of huge zergs. I mean, meteor raining from the skies on a 100 man group! Only five of them was getting hit -_-

This will only solve the stack/turtle tactics …people will spreadout and avoid aoe (like it should be) …but zergs still be there ….like i said give a debuff and they will fade away.

/Salute

WvW Commander of Piken Square
Guild: ForsakenGamers (FG)