FoW - Blacktide - Vabbi

FoW - Blacktide - Vabbi

in WvW

Posted by: Mind of a Madman.6032

Mind of a Madman.6032

Couldn’t find any thread for our servers, so I made one.

Why did I make it?
Because I wanted to post my videos on the forum and this seemed like the right place to do so.

Don’t expect too much:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WrwL49T1i_A

I do slightly better in this one, but it’s mostly 1v1s versus thieves, so it’s really not that impressive:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xvV0E0V4RNs

If anyone wants to duel, send me a whisper in-game.

-Draco The Deadly

(edited by Mind of a Madman.6032)

FoW - Blacktide - Vabbi

in WvW

Posted by: Desova.5821

Desova.5821

Nice videos

Heh heh, I wonder if we’ve ever fought each other in-game…I’m on Vabbi. It’s nice seeing our servers represented here for once on the forums. Blacktide is absolutely crushing both of us though.

tasija trickshot | [LZZ] les zélateurs de zaun | arborstone

FoW - Blacktide - Vabbi

in WvW

Posted by: Tribio.8531

Tribio.8531

Heh, I created a topic about our matchup earlier this week, but couldn’t find it back either.. :/

Agree with Desova, the BT zergball is just kittening us all.. We should make a truce of some sorts: Vabbi stays away from FoW, FoW will stay away from Vabbi, and both of us will hit on BT (Vabbi east side, FoW westside – so we can have some nice battles between us in capturing the garrison and the center camps)

The Hatreidis family: Freya / Nina / Demonica / Athena / Faith / Arya / Angie / Sansa
Commander – Jam Death [Jd]
Fissure of Woe

FoW - Blacktide - Vabbi

in WvW

Posted by: naphack.9346

naphack.9346

just curious: How many guys do you field normally?

The only crime, turrets committed, is being good against the celestial meta.
The mob has spoken and the turrets shall be burnt at the stake.

FoW - Blacktide - Vabbi

in WvW

Desova.5821

Heh, I created a topic about our matchup earlier this week, but couldn’t find it back either.. :/

Agree with Desova, the BT zergball is just kittening us all.. We should make a truce of some sorts: Vabbi stays away from FoW, FoW will stay away from Vabbi, and both of us will hit on BT (Vabbi east side, FoW westside – so we can have some nice battles between us in capturing the garrison and the center camps)

Would love to have a truce so we can at least have a chance of taking Blacktide down. I’ll stay away from any FoW people I see from now on

I can’t speak for Fissure, but Vabbi has so few WvW-ers that I recognise everyone that I run with, even those who aren’t in my guild. The best turnout I’ve ever seen is roughly 30-40 people at peak hours. It’s barely enough to be considered a mini-zerg. No joke, it’s that bad.

FoW - Blacktide - Vabbi

in WvW

Tribio.8531

Well, on FoW we have some WvW-guilds (Draco being member in Avenges of Woe, like me), so when we really band together we can zerg up to 20-30 with our guild.. Add some other guilds that have fun in WvW (PVP, Dark, …) and you can get to some nice numbers.. But since most of us hate zerging, we seldom zerg ourselves..

Hehe, I also have already a tendency to leave Vabbi alone.. I’d take their attention (jump, wave), and when they stop I’d bow.. Most of the times I get a bow/wave back, and I carry on what I was doing, while Vabbi does the same.. Makes us feel all warm and fuzzy inside..

The Hatreidis family: Freya / Nina / Demonica / Athena / Faith / Arya / Angie / Sansa
Fissure of Woe

FoW - Blacktide - Vabbi

in WvW

Desova.5821

You all are lucky to have some WvW guilds on your server! We only have three: Shadow Badgers (my guild), Warriors Vabbi and Fremen Sietch. Of course there are a few stragglers from other guilds, but that’s, like, one or two people here and there. We may as well merge into one guild because there are so few of us.

Well, if you ever see a female Charr P/P thief waving and bowing at you, that’s me

FoW - Blacktide - Vabbi

in WvW

Tribio.8531

Well, if you ever see a female Charr P/P thief waving and bowing at you, that’s me

Haha, awesome.. And when you’re doing that to a blonde female ranger wearing complete white armour, then that’d be me..

Fissure of Woe

FoW - Blacktide - Vabbi

in WvW

naphack.9346

Haha, awesome.. And when you’re doing that to a blonde female ranger wearing complete white armour, then that’d be me..

You mean blue armor?

FoW - Blacktide - Vabbi

in WvW

Tribio.8531

You mean blue armor?

You can adjust that in your settings so that you see the true armor of the invaders instead of the generic colour that server has at that time..

Fissure of Woe

FoW - Blacktide - Vabbi

in WvW

naphack.9346

Wut? since when?
Did this get ninja’d in with some patch or was I just unaware of that fact the whole time?

FoW - Blacktide - Vabbi

in WvW

Tribio.8531

Wut? since when?
Did this get ninja’d in with some patch or was I just unaware of that fact the whole time?

I’m afraid that the latter is applicable..

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/wuvwuv/WvW-team-colours

Fissure of Woe

FoW - Blacktide - Vabbi

in WvW

naphack.9346

learn something new every day

FoW - Blacktide - Vabbi

in WvW

Tribio.8531

Oh, and found the other topic started about this matchup:

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/wuvwuv/4-5-13-BT-FoW-Vab/first#post1790490

:)

Fissure of Woe

FoW - Blacktide - Vabbi

in WvW

Mind of a Madman.6032

Oh, and found the other topic started about this matchup:

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/wuvwuv/4-5-13-BT-FoW-Vab/first#post1790490

:)

Is there a way to somehow merge the two?

FoW - Blacktide - Vabbi

in WvW

Posted by: Ilesyt.7084

Ilesyt.7084

maybe if you spam the message like US t8 the mods might merge it xD

Leader of Deus Ex Machina [DEX]
Ruins of Surmia

FoW - Blacktide - Vabbi

in WvW

Posted by: Hamham.7504

Hamham.7504

A great fight for our bay just now! I’m proud we managed to pull together and put up a good defence. I’m sure I had people block me for my spam and attempts at being funny though haha.

Nice to see someone from Vabbi posting too. I don’t think we’ve met ingame though. I’m sure I’d remember a Charr thief, hehe. :>

Just how banana am I.

FoW - Blacktide - Vabbi

in WvW

Posted by: My Dead Characters.9517

My Dead Characters.9517

A great fight for our bay just now! I’m proud we managed to pull together and put up a good defence. I’m sure I had people block me for my spam and attempts at being funny though haha.

Nice to see someone from Vabbi posting too. I don’t think we’ve met ingame though. I’m sure I’d remember a Charr thief, hehe. :>

ofc you wouldnt remember them, you cant see a theif remember?:D

Commander Legends of Woe
fissure of woe
Leader of legends of traumatic stuff[LoTs]

FoW - Blacktide - Vabbi

in WvW

Tribio.8531

Yeah, WvW was great fun once again yesterday evening.. Just so unfortunate the the BT zergball kept rolling on our borderlands for quite some time.. Oh well, they yielded some nice kills while defending Ascension Bastion, and we also managed to push them back twice from the lord’s room..

ANet should really think of something to discourage zerging.
Or if they like ZvZ so much, make a mini-arena in the WvW maps where zergs can go full out on each other (30-40 players minimum required in both teams, maximum of 40-50).

Fissure of Woe

FoW - Blacktide - Vabbi

in WvW

naphack.9346

You should distinguish between “real” zergs with swarm intelligence and mindless karma trains.

FoW - Blacktide - Vabbi

in WvW

Tribio.8531

Well, the zergballs that we see these days are plain karma trains actually.. So were those hitting on AB yesterday in our borders.. Once the outer gate was breached, you could see the confusion in their ranks as to which inner gate to take on.. Also, filled with upleveled players and no commander in their ranks (at least not that I could see).

The encounter I had in EB with a small group (of which one was a commander), there you could actually see some nice tactics.. 4 players hitting on a camp I just took, so I remained and downed them quite some times..
Until I was so focused on those 4 always reappearing that I didn’t see the 10 BT coming from the other side.. I lol’d and applauded.. That’s tactics

Fissure of Woe

FoW - Blacktide - Vabbi

in WvW

naphack.9346

Your tier sounds interesting…
On Drakkar lake, WE are the ones with the big karma trains(and we run into a wall every time we meet a server with slight organisation…)

FoW - Blacktide - Vabbi

in WvW

Tribio.8531

Your tier sounds interesting…

It IS interesting.. Ok, it’s merely T9, but don’t let that and the point count fool you though: We have some skilled players in our ranks.. Just a pity that our numbers are not as high as the zergballers’..

Also, something I see more and more in WvW nowadays: People just play WvW for their own glory (get that rank up, earn karma) and not for the reputation and honour of the server they’re on.. I have the impression that in the beginning of WvW this was quite different.. Could be just a feeling though..

Fissure of Woe

FoW - Blacktide - Vabbi

in WvW

naphack.9346

Just go play spvp, then you will see people fighting for glory!
Just cause Anet decided to name it that way… I’d call it “standing in circles points”…
That mentality is all over the place due to the direct way, bonuses are gicen for specific tasks in this game. Why go out and do something useful if you get rewarded when you group hug in this circle for another 20 seconds?
Why go out and siege something which is defended when you can get more wxp flipping undefended objective after undefended objective?
The system was never thought through and they just tried to fix it with another implementation of the VERY SAME SYSTEM.
Some people never learn, it seems :P

FoW - Blacktide - Vabbi

in WvW

Hamham.7504

I didn’t expect an invisible thief joke after culling got removed hehe. :p

I will say it saddens me that even in our matchup it’s mostly zerging/karma training. Even we do it. :< Plenty didn’t really care for defence before WXP to be honest. There was times an attack was called out and everyone stayed attacking a tower or something. Of course I realise it can be good to know that your enemy is at a tower while you try attack, or prepare what you think is their next target. Doesn’t feel like it happens enough hehe.
I do join our zergs when I don’t feel like running on my own, mostly because I’m super bad. :p A shout out to all who break away from their zergs to skirmish!

Just how banana am I.

FoW - Blacktide - Vabbi

in WvW

Mind of a Madman.6032

Hey, look, I found the thread again.

Thanks again for the 3 people from [GON] for the sweet duels and thanks to the people that didn’t attack on sight. :P

Guess who didn’t lose a single duel? That’s right, me!
Didn’t record any of the fights, though, so nobody knows if I tell the truth or not. :P

Hope to have more good fights, even though we seem to not be doing so well capture wise.

FoW - Blacktide - Vabbi

in WvW

Posted by: My Dead Characters.9517

My Dead Characters.9517

im making an alliance, AABT, allaince against blacktide, and i have a feeling it will change the way tier 9 wvw works. and it will probably get us some transfers once people see how epic fissure of woe and vabbi are!

Commander Legends of Woe
fissure of woe
Leader of legends of traumatic stuff[LoTs]

FoW - Blacktide - Vabbi

in WvW

Posted by: Ravak.8912

Ravak.8912

Not sure if you still need this alliance – it looks like Blacktide will be moving up… French from Arborstone will be in their stead.

http://mos.millenium.org/matchups#EU

FoW - Blacktide - Vabbi

in WvW

Posted by: Ilesyt.7084

Ilesyt.7084

They should rename the alliance to AAA, Alliance against Arborstone

Leader of Deus Ex Machina [DEX]
Ruins of Surmia

FoW - Blacktide - Vabbi

in WvW

Mind of a Madman.6032

Or AAWDDTT9: Alliance Against Whatever Drops Down To Tier 9.

FoW - Blacktide - Vabbi

in WvW

Posted by: Zyaq.6945

Zyaq.6945

Haha I like it. The alliance is already in effect by the way Last night a couple Dark players and I teamed up with a Vabbi Commander. We backed them up in a couple outnumbered fights and ended up keeping them busy for a few hours while Vabbi and our Commander took most of the BL. The 3 way fights get pretty messy though haha.. don’t try to hit ‘F’ to revive Vabbis… it doesn’t end as you would hope!

Fissure of Woe – [Dark]
Zyaq – Warrior

FoW - Blacktide - Vabbi

in WvW

Hamham.7504

That’s pretty awesome to hear. :D About time we tried to team up. I had a giggle at trying to revive people on the opposite server, hehe.
I had a lot of fun yesterday with some guildies. Some fights we won, some we lost but always fun. Unless we got caught by the zerg. :p
Have fun in tier 8 Blacktide! I’m not sure if anyone from Blacktide actually reads the forums, but the gesture is enough right? :D

Just how banana am I.

FoW - Blacktide - Vabbi

in WvW

Posted by: Sevorg.6189

Sevorg.6189

Hey Hamchu! ^ Also I think I remember you Draco !
Anyway, I think we need some things to happen for an alliance to be formed :
We need some big guilds to talk about this to eachother. AKP isn’t primarily a WvW guild but we have a lot of members who play. Dark, ICT, WvW, PvP etc are some main WvW guilds on the server. I don’t know any Vabbi guilds (except Xaoc was mentioned I think?). If we can get an agreement and some communication going, it would be great!

We need people to know about certain attacks. Most people will attack enemies (obviously :P) but they could know for certain attacks (eg SM) to stay out of each other’s way or give each other a hand in killing some BT.

I have talked to some Vabbi and they have agreed.

[dF] Driven By Fury

FoW - Blacktide - Vabbi

in WvW

Posted by: jabberjabber.6804

jabberjabber.6804

Hi Guys, [Alph] from FoW is onboard. We’re always happy to talk, but being Aussie-based with about 1/3rd EU members meant we were slow to pick up on this. Hat tip to the players who told us about this
…and thanks to My Dead Characters for organisation!
suggestion: make a map announce every hour for a day to ensure all guilds know about this.

Commander Aldronia
Guild Leader of Alpharius [Alph]: a PvX guild in Gandara

(edited by jabberjabber.6804)

FoW - Blacktide - Vabbi

in WvW

Posted by: Zyaq.6945

Zyaq.6945

These were the days ;’)

Fissure of Woe – [Dark]
Zyaq – Warrior

FoW - Blacktide - Vabbi

in WvW

Posted by: Tosh.5780

Tosh.5780

You should change your class description in your signature to necromancer:)