Food and WvW

Food and WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Jayne.9251

Jayne.9251

What food do you use as a buff in WvW? There are so many choices out there, it seems the possibilities are endless, but I know there are a few outstanding favourites that people use and thought a thread on it would prove useful.

So what do you use and why?

With the recent dragonbash events, there’s a new one out there that can be crafted that offers some pretty interesting stats:

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Dragon%27s_Revelry_Starcake

There’s also this to help counter the new torment spell:

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Bowl_of_Saffron-scented_Poultry_Soup

Those are just two examples … so what do you think is the best WvW food out there and why?

L’enfer, c’est les autres

Food and WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Bedstain.6735

Bedstain.6735

About food in WvW, can cost more in supplies but last 4 times longer? And for me, man there aint food in the game that can clear that but good gear and regen.

Blackgate Elementalist….woohoo!
{{80 ele Soap 80 engi Flush}}

Food and WvW

in WvW

Bedstain.6735

About food in WvW, can cost more in supplies but last 4 times longer? And for me, man there aint food in the game that can clear that but good gear and regen.

Food depends on my gear, and the needs of the group. I won’t tell you what I’m using but I will say that boon duration is soooooooooo good. Too bad the ele regen got nerfed because those few seconds are crucial.

The saffron poultry is great but I wonder if the remove condition applies to all y heals or just ones on me?

Food and WvW

in WvW

Posted by: multivira.7925

multivira.7925

I tend to use Chocolate Omnomberry Cream on my guardian. I’m also a big fan of -con duration and +con duration foods on some of my characters.

Twirling – Pie Eating Guardian – MM – Gunnar’s Hold

Food and WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Blood Red Arachnid.2493

Blood Red Arachnid.2493

Mostly I use Super Veggie Pizza. Although I have considered using Loaf of Saffron Bread on my Engineer to get ridiculous damage resistance when stunned.

I don’t have opinions. I only have facts I can’t adequately prove.

Food and WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Aberrant.6749

Aberrant.6749

For large battles nothing beats Omnom Compote for me.

Solo roaming it really depends on my build/class.

If you’re going anti-conditions lemongrass poultry soup is stupid strong.

If you’re going + condition duration make sure you check to see that you’re getting at least a full extra second on your conditions from it. A 3 second bleed and a 3.9 second bleed do the same damage because of how they deal damage every second. Depending on gear/traits, some times it’s not worth while, others times it is.

Tarnished Coast
Salvage 4 Profit + MF Guide – http://tinyurl.com/l8ff6pa

(edited by Aberrant.6749)

Food and WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Atherakhia.4086

Atherakhia.4086

Oil + Candied Dragon Roll.

Food and WvW

in WvW

Posted by: multivira.7925

multivira.7925

If you’re going + condition duration make sure you check to see that you’re getting at least a full extra second on your conditions from it. A 3 second bleed and a 3.9 second bleed do the same damage because of how they deal damage every second. Depending on gear/traits, some times it’s not worth while, others times it is.

I believe conditions are rounded to the nearest quarter of a second, so best keep that in mind as well, 3.9 would actually be rounded to 4. Also, while fractions of seconds aren’t useful for damage conditions, extra CC duration is nothing to be sniffed at

Twirling – Pie Eating Guardian – MM – Gunnar’s Hold

Food and WvW

in WvW

Bedstain.6735

Great point.

Food and WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Immolator.5640

Immolator.5640

Mango Pies <—- Underrated.

Omnomberry Compote for large groups

Commander Ezekiel The Paladin
Underworld Battalion [WvW] Leader (retired) – Gandara [EU]
All Is Vain https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/pvp/gf-left-me-coz-of-ladderboard/

Food and WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Kinglette.4906

Kinglette.4906

I believe conditions are rounded to the nearest quarter of a second, so best keep that in mind as well, 3.9 would actually be rounded to 4. Also, while fractions of seconds aren’t useful for damage conditions, extra CC duration is nothing to be sniffed at

They are only rounded down

80 Guardian, 80 Warrior, 80 Thief
[AVTR] FA

(edited by Kinglette.4906)

Food and WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

Mango Pies <—- Underrated.

Cheap and an all around useful food.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

Food and WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Eggyokeo.9705

Eggyokeo.9705

a few different ones depending on what I’m doing and what class I’m using.

Zerg fighting
Mel-lay
Omnomberry Compote – trays are drop by my guilds comanders
Omnonberry Pie’s – if I’ve got enough crit chance
Loaf of Saffron Bread – if i don’t have much crit chance

Ranged
Omnomberry Compote
Plate of Truffle Steak Dinner

Roam/Havoc
Either
Bowl of Roasted Lotus Root
Loaf of Saffron Bread – current favorite