For EU players and guilds: seeking new home.

in WvW

Posted by: Aneu.1748

Aneu.1748

I miss the slaughter that was NA at times…

Aneu | [VoTF]
http://www.votf.net

in WvW

Posted by: Fenikkusu.1569

Fenikkusu.1569

I want to slaughter without queues.

Can you give that to me really?

Selene Luminare [Commander/Elementalist]
Asiske [Fractals/Guardian]
Princess Mononoke [ Experimental/Ranger]

in WvW

Posted by: Haldunius.7864

Haldunius.7864

Should come to FA then. We are the lowest population of the 3 servers during EU primetime.

FA Mesmo – [VK]
Last words – “I’m going to jump off this cliff
and pull all those guys down cuz they’ll die.”

in WvW

Posted by: Rayya.2591

Rayya.2591

i am sorry, but i doubt any high-end EU guild could find an challenge in US

http://imgur.com/a/fKgjD
no.1 WvW kills

in WvW

Posted by: Harrish.8743

Harrish.8743

i am sorry, but i doubt any high-end EU guild could find an challenge in US

Maybe not, but it could be a great environment for small/medium sized guilds that want to avoid queues and but still play in a competitive environment.

Hellfire Circus [HfC]

in WvW

Posted by: Hebril Amolebin.9817

Hebril Amolebin.9817

why would eu come to usa servers which are high or very high populated and cost 1800 gems to transfer?
When half of our servers in eu and 2 of the servers in t1 nad t2 are medium and only 400 gems? to transfer?
I dont get your point sorry but as I see situation you are too stacked on the usa servers for any transfers from eu not to mention the lag you may have depending on where you play from and what your net is. I was on usa servers before I still have my friends there but I dont feel like droping 50 euros just to transfer to a high population server and play mostly alone again because of my time.
And as for the lag and ect you cant promise this, the meta in wvw is as bad in eu. I can mention several servers blobing like hell,and TC is one of them so? and yeah my friends are on FA

in WvW

Posted by: Anatolian Turk.4057

Anatolian Turk.4057

If there was a free transfer week to NA servers from EU then i would say maybe there’s a chance of eu players and guilds transferring to NA. im sorry to tell you that i dont think any players or guilds from europe will pay 1800 gems to play in NA, no way! i wont.

But i wish some guilds in NA pays Vizunah players and guilds to transfer to NA. they have so many people in their server. Even their server cant handle their numbers. With random crashes and teamspeak breakdowns is very common in vizunah. please take them xD. GL

Honourable Guardian | Desolation
Arenanet killed WvW
R.I.P. WvW 2012 – 2015

in WvW

Posted by: Hebril Amolebin.9817

Hebril Amolebin.9817

nly Queue on FA is reset night (1-3 hours), other than that we have very low (5-10 minutes) or no Q rest of the week. As far as the skill lag it comes and goes, same with the zerging, we are usually able to avoid it by map switching.

KN and TC , (TC especially) run mega zergs. We are countering with a zerg and havoc teams, looking at doing 20 man splits to counter them by being much more mobile and forcing them into smaller groups of 30-40 where we can wipe them with our better skills and force them to choose objectives to defend.

It is 1 week old? so your point I see piken this explains some things. And while we have russians on our servers doing the capping and protecting we are fine. I suppose you didnt have this on your server.

in WvW

Posted by: Swampy.1359

Swampy.1359

im sorry to tell you that i dont think any players or guilds from europe will pay 1800 gems to play in NA, no way! i wont.

Why not? i did…and it’s the best decision i have ever made in gw2.

I was on Piken Square when the guilds left so i chose to move to NA servers and i will NEVER move back to EU servers.

(edited by Swampy.1359)

in WvW

Anatolian Turk.4057

im sorry to tell you that i dont think any players or guilds from europe will pay 1800 gems to play in NA, no way! i wont.

Why not? i did…and it’s the best decision i have ever made in gw2.

I was on Piken Square when the guilds left so i chose to move to NA servers and i will NEVER move back to EU servers.

Im not sure if you’re a russian or not but Piken Square had some good russian guilds like RG. But I dont blame you for transferring to another server because PR became a ghost town after their hardcore wvw guilds transfered to SFR hence making them super-power in EU. Yet saying that, 1800 gems is too expensive for eu guilds to transfer not just to NA but any high populated servers. players cant afford 60 gold or 25 euros and its not worth playing in NA with higher latency.

Arenanet killed WvW
R.I.P. WvW 2012 – 2015

in WvW

Swampy.1359

Yet saying that, 1800 gems is too expensive for eu guilds to transfer not just to NA but any high populated servers. players cant afford 60 gold or 25 euros and its not worth playing in NA with higher latency.

Lag? what lag? Maybe for people in Europe who still use a 2mb-5mb connection (LOL)

Seriously, if you cant afford 60g for a transfer then you’re doing it wrong…

in WvW

Posted by: pejot.4806

pejot.4806

Lol, what has lag to do with download speed? It’s all about response time, connected also with PHYSICAL distance to the server.

Also, for people who actually contribute to their server in WvW, (buy siege and upgrades, defend stuff, not just midlessly zerg around) 60g might not be a piece of cake…

Anya of the Mists
[TaG] guild/raid leader
Gunnar’s Hold

in WvW

Swampy.1359

Lol, what has lag to do with download speed? It’s all about response time, connected also with PHYSICAL distance to the server.

Also, for people who actually contribute to their server in WvW, (buy siege and upgrades, defend stuff, not just midlessly zerg around) 60g might not be a piece of cake…

Because the people in Europe running 2mb – 5mb connections are still using copper wires…

in WvW

Posted by: pejot.4806

pejot.4806

And because these people don’t have a possibility to have something better in place where they live (yes, I’m one of them, sitting on 10Mb), they are to be disregarded and treated like worse kind of people? Also, if the local copper wires would be so much of an issue, we would have lags in EU servers as well. There will always be latency difference when server is either 800km or 8000km from you.

Anya of the Mists
[TaG] guild/raid leader
Gunnar’s Hold

in WvW

Posted by: salluks.6017

salluks.6017

Because the people in Europe running 2mb – 5mb connections are still using copper wires…

if thats the case, then shouldn’t all NA with their 100 gb connections play on eu instead?

insulting EU and expecting them to join ur server isn’t exactly helping your cause.

From what i have read so far

EU- good fights, less worry about score
NA – more about points and less fight

so why would any guild go to NA jsut to sit in a tier 3 tower so the next timezone can take over and do the same, when we can fight to death in EU without really worrying about the scores that plague the NA servers.

in WvW

Anatolian Turk.4057

if thats the case, then shouldn’t all NA with their 100 gb connections play on eu instead?

insulting EU and expecting them to join ur server isn’t exactly helping your cause.

so why would any guild go to NA jsut to sit in a tier 3 tower so the next timezone can take over and do the same, when we can fight to death in EU without really worrying about the scores that plague the NA servers.

That’s so true, NA plays for points while EU plays for fun and good fights. The only server in EU that plays for points is Vizunah. But then again they are zombies, so i dont think that counts :P.

Arenanet killed WvW
R.I.P. WvW 2012 – 2015

in WvW

Posted by: salluks.6017

salluks.6017

Forums will not provide you with a reliable information, since everyone has their own opinion, and a lot of them contradict each other.

When i first stepped on to US soil, i also had my worries:
What if i’ll be lagging?
What if i won’t find anyone to group up for Fractals and CoF P1?
What if there would be no guild during EU timezone to join or group up with?

Once i got there, i realised, it’s the same as on EU servers. The only difference i found was the better SEA/Asian, NA coverage in WvW, but WvW fights are the same.

And from my US tier 2 experience they are not too focused on points. Instead they have different commanders, some are offensive, some are defensive. So the focus of WvW really depends on the commanders that are active on duty at that moment.

how would it matter for a EU guild if NA has better NA/SEA/Asian coverage when we dont really play for points?

i was really interested in moving to NA a while back, but NA obsession with winning really put me off.

infact i’ll give u a best example right now:

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/wuvwuv/Vizunah-Desolation-Seafarer-2-03-T1-EU/page/82#post1858901
thats the EU tier 1 thread, has over 4k posts and 110k views, check how many times people ahve posted the score on the entire thread, – its less than 10-20 times

now u go to any NA thread regardless of Tier and see the amount of times people post scores there in 1 day..

thats the thing that puts off most of the guilds imo,

all NA cares about is points, and wins( similar to Vizunah is on EU, and look at EU tier 1 scores, the other 2 servers desperately want to move to tier 2 cos they are not able to get any fights).

in WvW

Posted by: Tallis.5607

Tallis.5607

As a european player (from Brussels) playing on a NA server (TC) I can tell you that I have no network lag whatsoever. None. Zero.

The only time that I lag is about 2-3 times a week, in zerg vrs zerg vrs zerg fights. That has nothing to do with connection speed, but with server CPU cause everyone on the whole map lags then.

Tallis – Perpetual newbie – Tarnished Coast.
Always carries a towel – Never panics – Eats cookies.

in WvW

Posted by: Cottage Pie.6215

Cottage Pie.6215

I’ve thought from launch all EU servers are actually in NA anyway, many of us did those ping tests and IP checks on all the connections the game was making, because it was curiously laggy, and they all went to somewhere in Texas iirc.

Taua Roqa – Desolation since day minus 3

~~~My Elite PvP Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=04xOsNW7zTA

in WvW

Posted by: CrimsonNeonite.1048

CrimsonNeonite.1048

I’ve thought from launch all EU servers are actually in NA anyway, many of us did those ping tests and IP checks on all the connections the game was making, because it was curiously laggy, and they all went to somewhere in Texas iirc.

Nah I’m pretty sure they’re based in Germany, anyway if people were to move to a NA server I guess it would depend on what hours they can play rather than worry about the lag, I think many would miss fighting prime time EU guilds as it is but good luck with this anyway.

Scrubio
Plays completely opposite professions to his main Teef.

(edited by CrimsonNeonite.1048)

in WvW

Posted by: Rayya.2591

Rayya.2591

my latency on Eu server-50-70
my latency on US server 350-410
there are many players who play with high latency on US, or use tunneling program , but , why should i use tunneling when there are EU servers with decent latency

http://imgur.com/a/fKgjD
no.1 WvW kills

in WvW

Posted by: Tobias Steele.2071

Tobias Steele.2071

Na misses you and VOTF too, Aneu. No one could kill Jq goons quite like you guys could.

Entropy, Class lead Necromancer.
Tarnished Coast.