For HoT can we get rid of Food and such

in WvW

Posted by: Mightybird.6034

Mightybird.6034

Can we make WvW more like SPvP and control all these silly buffs?

in WvW

Posted by: Tseikk.9032

Tseikk.9032

Or just nerf the ridiculously strong +-40% condi duration foods…

I speak for myself, not for my server or my guild.
Solo roamer, all classes.

in WvW

Posted by: drgast.1469

drgast.1469

Or……..not…….

in WvW

Posted by: Deniara Devious.3948

Deniara Devious.3948

Exactly! The condition duration foods should be capped to max +/- 15%. Now food alone is stronger than traits.

Almost every person and his uncle is running -40/36% condition duration food, except small scale roamers, which might use the opposite food, giving +40% condition duration. I am myself using them as well, still I am asking Arenanet to nerf them.

Deniara / Ayna – I want the original WvWvW maps back – Desolation [EU]

in WvW

Posted by: vespers.1759

vespers.1759

Agree.

. . .

Bristleback can’t hit anything? Let’s fix the HP bug instead.

in WvW

Posted by: joneirikb.7506

joneirikb.7506

Agreed. Mainly because I hate to have to refresh them all the time.

Elrik Noj (Norn Guardian, Kaineng [SIN][Owls])
“Understanding is a three edged sword: your side, their side, and the truth.”
“The objective is to win. The goal is to have fun.”

in WvW

Posted by: Aberrant.6749

Aberrant.6749

Cond duration in WvW being complained about? Wat?

As if there isn’t already enough aoe cond cleansing going on to make them almost a non-issue outside of very small scale roaming as is?

As if people can’t swap to -40% cond duration food whenever they come across a lot of conds and use power food otherwise? It’s not like you can’t use food while you’re in combat.

L2P issue.

Agreed. Mainly because I hate to have to refresh them all the time.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Metabolic_Primer is an option

Removing food from WvW would also limit build options. I don’t WvW for a PvP like experience with imbalanced numbers, siege, and npc’s (yay random deers I can rally off of!). I WvW for the full crazyness.

If I want to play something balanced I’ll go play PvP. Don’t feel like dealing with food? You have the option to do the same.

Tarnished Coast
Salvage 4 Profit + MF Guide – http://tinyurl.com/l8ff6pa

(edited by Aberrant.6749)

in WvW

Posted by: coglin.1867

coglin.1867

I do not see anything wrong with the food. It is a standard MMO staple. The condi food is fine in group fights. Since the game is balanced around group play, I don’t see a problem.

A video on what weak PvPer’s and WvWer’s want.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6q3em9s5I4c

in WvW

Posted by: Sube Dai.8496

Sube Dai.8496

I’d love a buff free wvw but its never going to happen.

Too many people seem to think its important.

John Snowman [GLTY]
Space Marine Z [GLTY]

in WvW

Posted by: Tseikk.9032

Tseikk.9032

As if there isn’t already enough aoe cond cleansing going on to make them almost a non-issue outside of very small scale roaming as is?

As if people can’t swap to -40% cond duration food whenever they come across a lot of conds and use power food otherwise? It’s not like you can’t use food while you’re in combat.

L2P issue.

+40% condi duration food:

-Stronger than spending 30 points to a traitline
-In compared to food that grants duration to specific conditions (burning, chill, poison) more than twice as effective for those specific conditions, but also affects other conditions as well. Hurts the food diversity. (tell me the last time you’ve seen a condi build run, say, http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Bowl_of_Fire_Meat_Chili)
-Giver’s weapons main stat is condition duration, meaning having this food equals you having the main stat of 4 one handed weapons or two 2 handed weapons, aka around +360 stats. Oh and you still get +70 condition damage on top of that.
-Promotes passive play
-Forces you to use the opposite food or you’re at huge disadvantage.

-40% condi duration food:

-Combined with certain runes and traits, you can be immune to soft cc if the target placing that on you has no condi duration (Hint hint, he has to use the opposing food…)
-Completely shuts down condition builds if they aren’t running +40%
-Promotes passive play as well

In the end these foods are just a massive gold sink and are one of the main reasons wvw rewards seem so small. You just can’t stay competitive if the enemy has such a huge advantage over you, so you’ll have to counter his food with your own.

Also, a l2p issue? How? I’m exploiting this food system as well, why wouldn’t I? My engineer gets half his condi duration from food, lol. And he has 100% condi duration! Come and tell me that’s freaking balanced! Half of my potential damage comes from food!
On my warrior I enjoy having soft cc immunity. I don’t even have to slot any condi cleanses, my melandru/food/dogged march is just enough.

I speak for myself, not for my server or my guild.
Solo roamer, all classes.

in WvW

Posted by: Yamsandjams.3267

Yamsandjams.3267

I think it’s important to keep the food buffs in. WvW is a more laissez faire style of game, where things do not necessarily need to be even and “fair” between the players.

sPvP is a very sterile environment, where people do not need to level characters, and everyone has the same access to gear. They’ve even made it so that you can’t mix-and-match gear stats and rune combinations to reduce the amount of min-maxing that is possible.

While I think that is good for sPvP, it doesn’t fulfill a certain niche that people can want in a competitive environment. People in WvW need to level their characters, and invest in their gear. It means that people will need to build up their characters in order to be good/useful in WvW rather than just being that way right off the bat. This already makes it fundamentally different from sPvP.

Furthermore, WvW already has the concept of extra buffs built into it. Guilds can activate certain buffs to give players bonuses when in the vicinity of certain capture points, and your overall point score earns you world bonuses that can give you a boost as well.

As such, given that WvW already has these aspects built into it, I think it’s a very fitting place to allow food buffs to be used in a competitive setting.

If they cut the food out of WvW, it would largely cut it out of the game as a whole. It’s generally unnecessary for PvE as the cost-benefit ration for obtaining and using food is generally not favourable for things like dungeon farming. The only real use of it in PvE is to level up faster, or for special niche scenarios.

IMO, the main thing that needs tweaking with the food is that certain foods need to be toned down. In particular, the foods that boost or lower condition durations are so blatantly more powerful than any other food in the game. This makes it so that other people are more-or-less forced to run the counterpart food if they want to keep their opponent from having too high a competitive advantage over them, which I don’t think is a good thing. The foods should provide a notable boost in power, but not to level of what the +/- condition duration foods are doing.

Furthermore, the sheer power of those foods make it so that all other foods are essentially trash. Why get +100 toughness when you can be virtually immune to any form of movement impairing effects? Or why get +100 condition damage when you can significantly improve the duration on every condition you have?

Not only that, but compare the following two foods: http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Fancy_Truffle_Burger vs. http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Rare_Veggie_Pizza. Why would I ever use the fancy truffle burger? +15% poison duration is obviously completely and drastically inferior to +40% condition duration. I guess the +3% crit chance from the 70 precision vs. 70 condition damage somehow is supposed to make up for it……? No, not at all. The rare veggie pizza is simply a waaaaaaaaay better food, so fancy truffle burger is essentially garbage.

If you look at the way they do condition duration on the runes, the foods should follow that. For instance, compare the following runes: http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Superior_Rune_of_the_Nightmare vs. http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Superior_Rune_of_the_Krait. The former gives +15% duration to all conditions, while the latter gives +45% duration to bleeding only. If the runes of nightmare gave +45% to all conditions, it would be a vastly superior rune to the krait runes (at least as far as condition duration goes). So the reason this is not the case is to help balance out the runes.

Similarly, a food like the fancy truffle burger should have +40% poison duration instead of +15%, and the rare veggie pizza should have +15% condition duration instead of +40% (I would opt for +10%, personally).

Then there’s really bizarre foods, such as http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Bowl_of_Fire_Veggie_Chili. This food is so grossly underpowered, it might as well be deleted from the game. Why would I ever want to use this? It needs to be made more powerful to at least be a legitimate choice between other foods. But instead of rebalancing it, they made another level 80 food, http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Plate_of_Roasted_Cactus, which is completely superior for no good reason.

There’s perhaps some other potentially powerful foods as well, such as the seaweed salad (10% damage while moving) and the orrian truffle and meat stew (40% passive endurance regeneration), but the pizzas and poultry soups have been outliers as far as power goes for a long time now.

So rather than see food completely removed from WvW (and consequently the game at large), they just need to give a well-needed balance adjustment so that the consumables aren’t so powerful. I do think they should still provide a significant bonus, but the outliers are doing way beyond that at the moment.

(edited by Yamsandjams.3267)

in WvW

Posted by: Orpheal.8263

Orpheal.8263

Any Buff Items at all should get completely removed from WvW!!

The crap has nothing to search in there at all to begin with it.
The only “Buffs”, which should exist in WvW would be only then:

• The Shrine Buffs (so that it becomes alot more important, who holds all the Shrines, currently this interesrs absolutely nearly no single kitten , because all what you need is Food and Potions basically to overwhelm your foes…)
  • The WvW Trait Buffs for being skilled in receiving Buffs für your Power and Max Health when killing Enemy NPCs, as that is part of Character Progression within WvW so far.

But anything besides of that shouldn’t work.
PvE Buff Stuff like Food and Potions should be PVE ONLY, just like in GW1.
Therefore, that this stuff is PvE Only then, Anet could boost the Buff Effects then for PvE, so that these Buff Items in Pve could be more effectful and fun there, without risking it, that the stuff might become way too powerful for WvW.

And if Anet insists on keeping Food and potions for WvW, then they should at least introduce WVW SPECIAL FOOD & POTIONS, which should be the only food and potions useable in WvW which everyone should be able to buy in WvW from Badges of Honor for example simply, putting in Starter Zones somewhere a new War Chef NPC which sells then there Buff Food and Potions for the WvW currency that would be the only additional buff stuff in WvW that would be allowed then there.

Personally I like the idea behind sub classes ~ quoted from Chris Whiteside

in WvW

Posted by: Puck.9612

Puck.9612

And if Anet insists on keeping Food and potions for WvW, then they should at least introduce WVW SPECIAL FOOD & POTIONS, which should be the only food and potions useable in WvW which everyone should be able to buy in WvW from Badges of Honor for example simply, putting in Starter Zones somewhere a new War Chef NPC which sells then there Buff Food and Potions for the WvW currency that would be the only additional buff stuff in WvW that would be allowed then there.

I really like that idea. I really hate that there is food you can only get by crafting yourself, I’m not going to waste my game time on something as boring as crafting. I would love the option to just buy it with the 30 bajillion badges I have.

Jim Hunter when my other account isn’t suspended

in WvW

Posted by: Huttunen.8309

Huttunen.8309

I would be happy if they just nerfed the +condi dura food, it’s awful

in WvW

Posted by: aspirine.6852

aspirine.6852

I would be happy if they just nerfed the +condi dura food, it’s awful

Well they cant do it because of the -condi food :/
Or do you perhaps suggest we get rid of condi’s alltogether.

in WvW

Posted by: Napo.1230

Napo.1230

I envy you people I wish food was my biggest problem with wvw.
I actually don’t get why it’s a problem, if your in a zerg you have so much condi cleanse (and who even runs +40 in a zerg?) if your roaming against +40% condi run -condi or take condi cleanses.
Most condi builds lack the ability to chase so running away to heal up is an option.
Then of course you could just check before you fight what food they have.
If I see a thief with condi food I just avoid it’s pointless.
In the expansion I’d much prefer a fix to huge balls of people pressing 1 that steam roll me when I’m roaming I think that’s more an issue than food.

in WvW

Posted by: Kasteros.9847

Kasteros.9847

I envy you people I wish food was my biggest problem with wvw.
I actually don’t get why it’s a problem, if your in a zerg you have so much condi cleanse (and who even runs +40 in a zerg?) if your roaming against +40% condi run -condi or take condi cleanses.
Most condi builds lack the ability to chase so running away to heal up is an option.
Then of course you could just check before you fight what food they have.
If I see a thief with condi food I just avoid it’s pointless.
In the expansion I’d much prefer a fix to huge balls of people pressing 1 that steam roll me when I’m roaming I think that’s more an issue than food.

U know why it is a problem? Cos all those pvp gods can’t handle complicated wvw builds and want to run full condi builds. Getting rid of food will ruin this gamemode and make fun for 1000 ppl instead of 100000. As for blobs, zeergs and bigger numbers, they actually buffed up blobing yourself and striking smaller groups Cos bigger group → smaller group now

[One][SiOn][dF]
16.03.15 We remember! R.I.P. MT
Shocking interview with Anet WvW Dev

in WvW

Posted by: Stazee.6749

Stazee.6749

Yeah don’t get rid of the food buffs. Don’t mind making them accessable through badges or w/e like someone suggested (but Anet probably wants to keep food as a gold sink). Anyways to all those complaining they have +40% and -40% to balance each other. If you play zerg longbow ranger and dont get hit by condi’s then guess what you have access to other foods like power + precision. All serious players play with the food that their given build requires, so it should be a non issue as every has the buff of their choosing. Like I said I generally run -40% condi or -20% saffron bread, to offset a +40% condi food using player. If the opposing players are not using food buffs then it is their fault for not taking advantage of a buff system equally accessable to anyone. Othewise you’re arguing “let me just be lazy and/or cheap and don’t let anyone have food buffs so I can continue playing without them.” You can’t argue that +/- 40% condi is op when you should be running the opposite (-40% if you arent a condi build or +40% if you are one). Or if you build has enough condi cleansing you can go -20% saffron bread, or another food entirely. Basically I’m saying the game isnt going to get better through less customization and over simplification like in spvp…not in terms of WvW at least.

in WvW

Posted by: Sagramor.7395

Sagramor.7395

Just make lvl 80 versions of consumables purchasable with badges of honor. Would give upleveles a little more of an edge and neutralize the price difference between +/- condi duration food.

in WvW

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

I’m not really fond of so-called “optional” (but not really) buffs like food in some MMO’s. Maybe it’s because food was not a thing in my first online game, GW. There’s way too much crap in the inventory as it is, and consumables just take more spots. I’d be less meh about food if the benefits lasted longer, and if the wallet were routinely expanded every time ANet gets it into their head that, "The game needs a new currency.

Still, I don’t expect ANet to get rid of food. Too much negative impact on all those cooks.

in WvW

Posted by: Leaa.2943

Leaa.2943

Yes lets first make stab so easy to strip off that it is gone in a milli second whilst being spammed with cc from a huge blob. Now when this is done lets also make condi more powerful by removing reduction of it so that when stripped from stab and all cd’s are gone your nailed in to the ground and huge blob can now drown the group in condis. Awesome idea really nods (unless it is not obvious, this text is dripping with sarcasm)

As long as A-net favors blobs and makes changes that makes them even more powerful, then changes for smaller game play can not be done, because it will have a HUGE impact on blobs.
Priority at this point should be on stopping blobs, if not for the impact of the game, so for the lag it causes.

in WvW

Posted by: Blix.8021

Blix.8021

WvW is the reason 99% of food is even produced, nobody cares about it in pve except for a few dungeon min maxers and the occasional person making magic find food.

What if they added better herb nodes in wvw, ones that had a chance to drop things like lemongrass used in popular food?

in WvW

Posted by: Doon.2364

Doon.2364

My only complaint with food is that the duration isn’t stackable. I hate having to constantly eat to refresh the timer, I’m surprise my warrior doesn’t get cramps with so much food in his belly.

I also agree that +40% condition during food is a bit too OP. Should tone it down to +20% at most.

in WvW

Kasteros.9847

My only complaint with food is that the duration isn’t stackable. I hate having to constantly eat to refresh the timer, I’m surprise my warrior doesn’t get cramps with so much food in his belly.

I also agree that +40% condition during food is a bit too OP. Should tone it down to +20% at most.

Then they need to nerf -40% condi duration etc etc. cos if they nerf this food why to not nerf this food? Also rememebr that anet gave u ption to not eat food every 1h, u can simply buy metabolic primer for only 300 gems – if someone didn’t catch, it is sarcasm ><

[One][SiOn][dF]

in WvW

Posted by: Svarty.8019

Svarty.8019

Can we get a petition going on Change.org?

Nobody at Anet loves WvW like Grouch loved PvP. That’s what we need, a WvW Grouch, but taller.

in WvW

Posted by: blakdoxa.7520

blakdoxa.7520

I’m not really advocating for a change but here to point some things out.

There are really only 3 professions that actually do the condi clearing in WvW. Shout guards or traited VoR, shout warriors and basically any staff ele. But since these classes make up a large part of the meta zerg/blobs condi aren’t much of an issue. Eles are backline so they won’t be hit by condis often or at all and the heavies are usually wearing trooper or hoelbrak along with minus condi duration food.

All of these combined together makes many conditions rather pointless for fights, though.

Devona’s Rest

in WvW

Kasteros.9847

There are really only 3 professions that actually do the condi clearing in WvW. Shout guards or traited VoR, shout warriors and basically any staff ele. But since these classes make up a large part of the meta zerg/blobs condi aren’t much of an issue. Eles are backline so they won’t be hit by condis often or at all and the heavies are usually wearing trooper or hoelbrak along with minus condi duration food.

All of these combined together makes many conditions rather pointless for fights, though.

U probably don’t play in MT condis are pain in the kitten expecially chill, cripple, poison and immobilize. Without this food u will get perma immo etc. Also the ppl who clear condis: Warrior can clear 1 condi! with shout. Guards can clear…almost nothing without traits – thsi will be forcing em to play specific builds.

[One][SiOn][dF]

in WvW

Posted by: blakdoxa.7520

blakdoxa.7520

U probably don’t play in MT condis are pain in the kitten expecially chill, cripple, poison and immobilize. Without this food u will get perma immo etc. Also the ppl who clear condis: Warrior can clear 1 condi! with shout. Guards can clear…almost nothing without traits – thsi will be forcing em to play specific builds.

Before the stab change the group I was in would either leap over bombs or run to the either side of the bomb. Typically it’s not a good idea to run through a bomb area… Unless you’re running fat and can over cap the AoE limit of the skills tossed at you.

Devona’s Rest

in WvW

Yamsandjams.3267

This is not a bad alternative idea, and would definitely open it up to much better balancing.

However, this change would still completely kill nearly all other applications of non-WvW specific foods in the game, which I don’t feel is a good thing.

As far as zerging goes, while it’s true that that may trivialize the use of the powerful foods (i.e. some dude running with +40% condi duration won’t do much to a zerg on their own). However, in the new borderlands coming with HoT, they’re actively trying to incentivize people to not run around in a single blob. If this works out, food buffs will have a much stronger presence since you average battle in those borderlands will be smaller scale, and the food buffs more significant (particularly the condi ones).

in WvW

Posted by: Vinegaroon.4369

Vinegaroon.4369

Wvw and pvp don’t compare. WvW has the biggest disparity of good players to bad players. PvP creates everyone equal and how well you play is a factor. WvW is the apex where all the big boys play, so to take food away makes no sense, especially since it’s available to everyone. With all the condi clear out there, does duration really matter?

in WvW

Posted by: bloodletting wolf.2837

bloodletting wolf.2837

If the forums had their way there would be no food, siege, towers, traps or (insert name here) op class. It makes me sad that there are so many bad players.

Kaa Mchorror NSP grenadier [hayt]

in WvW

Aberrant.6749

L2P issue.

+40% condi duration food:

-Stronger than spending 30 points to a traitline
-In compared to food that grants duration to specific conditions (burning, chill, poison) more than twice as effective for those specific conditions, but also affects other conditions as well. Hurts the food diversity. (tell me the last time you’ve seen a condi build run, say, http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Bowl_of_Fire_Meat_Chili)
-Giver’s weapons main stat is condition duration, meaning having this food equals you having the main stat of 4 one handed weapons or two 2 handed weapons, aka around +360 stats. Oh and you still get +70 condition damage on top of that.
-Promotes passive play
-Forces you to use the opposite food or you’re at huge disadvantage.

-40% condi duration food:

-Combined with certain runes and traits, you can be immune to soft cc if the target placing that on you has no condi duration (Hint hint, he has to use the opposing food…)
-Completely shuts down condition builds if they aren’t running +40%
-Promotes passive play as well

In the end these foods are just a massive gold sink and are one of the main reasons wvw rewards seem so small. You just can’t stay competitive if the enemy has such a huge advantage over you, so you’ll have to counter his food with your own.

Also, a l2p issue? How? I’m exploiting this food system as well, why wouldn’t I? My engineer gets half his condi duration from food, lol. And he has 100% condi duration! Come and tell me that’s freaking balanced! Half of my potential damage comes from food!
On my warrior I enjoy having soft cc immunity. I don’t even have to slot any condi cleanses, my melandru/food/dogged march is just enough.

I take it you missed the part about cleansing? Swapping foods to fit the situation? That’s the l2p part.

Don’t want to spend the gold for 40%? There is 36% for less.

How is it an exploit when conds get shrugged off like they are nothing from aoe cleanses anyways? o.O

You make it sound like WvW has a cond meta when it’s a power meta and always has been.

Tarnished Coast

in WvW

Yamsandjams.3267

I take it you missed the part about cleansing? Swapping foods to fit the situation? That’s the l2p part.

How is it an exploit when conds get shrugged off like they are nothing from aoe cleanses anyways? o.O

You make it sound like WvW has a cond meta when it’s a power meta and always has been.

Contrary to popular belief, WvW isn’t all about zerging though. There’s just as many people who only run with smaller groups or solo roam as there are people who only play WvW on raid night with their guilds. With the new borderlands in HoT, they are actively trying to incentivize people to not go around in a blob everywhere, and maintain smaller groups to handle secondary objectives. So while the profound effects of some of the food buffs may be minimized in very large scale combat, that’s not at all the case when you’re dealing with smaller groups or roamers.

Other than that, there’s just nonsensical stat choices among the foods. Again, compare fancy truffle burger to rare veggie pizza. If anything, the condition duration magnitudes should be exchanged. That would make much more logical sense. I’m not sure it’s even possible to construct an valid argument as to why fancy truffle burger and rare veggie pizza are currently balanced.

I’m not advocating food be removed, but they all the food items need a balance pass, particularly the outliers like the +/-% condition duration stuff.

in WvW

Aberrant.6749

Contrary to popular belief, WvW isn’t all about zerging though. There’s just as many people who only run with smaller groups or solo roam as there are people who only play WvW on raid night with their guilds. With the new borderlands in HoT, they are actively trying to incentivize people to not go around in a blob everywhere, and maintain smaller groups to handle secondary objectives. So while the profound effects of some of the food buffs may be minimized in very large scale combat, that’s not at all the case when you’re dealing with smaller groups or roamers.

Other than that, there’s just nonsensical stat choices among the foods. Again, compare fancy truffle burger to rare veggie pizza. If anything, the condition duration magnitudes should be exchanged. That would make much more logical sense. I’m not sure it’s even possible to construct an valid argument as to why fancy truffle burger and rare veggie pizza are currently balanced.

I’m not advocating food be removed, but they all the food items need a balance pass, particularly the outliers like the +/-% condition duration stuff.

Probably depends on what tier you’re in as far as the zerging. T1 = zergerrific.

If you want to balance WvW more, the first place you should start is with the numbers. Who even cares about food when numbers and coverage rules WvW regardless?

Tarnished Coast

in WvW

Posted by: Flyphish.6398

Flyphish.6398

Food should be removed but it will never happen. The gold sink is too strong.

in WvW

Posted by: Blix.8021

Blix.8021

Buying something from other players is not a gold sink, unless you are counting the fees from the tp

in WvW

Posted by: reddie.5861

reddie.5861

why?
look at how long and how wide these pools on the ground are? isnt that ridiculous aswell?
having ~5s bleed crap on floor while that stacks up or w/e u dump on floor

why not change AoE ? as in make AoE hit on target u have and ~ in 200 range of him hit 5 more players? that would make it more fun for me instead of what we have now
like this i play..

lets attack that guy.
nope 30 AoE circles block me off from that, hmm kay ill run around.
nope another 30 AoE circles popped out of nowhere.
whole Blob is standing in their AoE circles me as squeezy thief cant handle all that, kitten it im out and i left without getting a kitten done again, unless im gonna do some silly hits with my short bow

see what i did there that food isnt really helping me ALOT but it does help me a lil to run tru these ridiculous amount of bullkitten circles pumping out debuffs..

in WvW

Posted by: TheLastNobody.8319

TheLastNobody.8319

Uhhhh….honestly not sure which side I take since I mainly play condition roamer builds. On the one hand I’d like it if they did get rid of the plus and minus condition duration food, but at the same time it’d make my roaming terrormancer much weaker. Also i imagine we’d start seeing a lot more thieves than we already are….hm, tough choice.

A knight in shining armor is a man who never had his metal truly tested.

in WvW

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

Because nobody likes a game that favors preparation.

Oh. Wait… Some of us do.

That you don’t want to play as hard as you could is not my fault and not my problem.

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.

in WvW

Kasteros.9847

Probably depends on what tier you’re in as far as the zerging. T1 = zergerrific.

If you want to balance WvW more, the first place you should start is with the numbers. Who even cares about food when numbers and coverage rules WvW regardless?

And anet just keep helping blobs for example with stabil change that helped bigger groups deal with smaller.

[One][SiOn][dF]

in WvW

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

i think food adds a lot of variety to our build choices, which is good. but +/- condi duration simply dominates all other foods, making food an illusion of choice. some of us have said this for literally years now, but anet just keeps releasing more and more duration foods balanced around the same numbers.

i think the problem is that condi builds do really bad dps without food and have to use it as a crutch. the difference between pizza or not is drastic, and it shouldnt be. but anet doesnt wanna touch condis in general for some reason.

i wish they would talk to us about this, and take our concerns about +/- duration foods seriously.

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

in WvW

Kasteros.9847

i think food adds a lot of variety to our build choices, which is good. but +/- condi duration simply dominates all other foods, making food an illusion of choice. some of us have said this for literally years now, but anet just keeps releasing more and more duration foods balanced around the same numbers.

i think the problem is that condi builds do really bad dps without food and have to use it as a crutch. the difference between pizza or not is drastic, and it shouldnt be. but anet doesnt wanna touch condis in general for some reason.

i wish they would talk to us about this, and take our concerns about +/- duration foods seriously.

Well everyone can buy it right? If u don’t liek tha fact taht someone runs -condi dur food then buy + condi durr food, simple Once again, don’t bring pvp to WvW they are otehr gamemodes, just imagine how op necro wil be without this food, they will dominate all otehr classes, then all will play necros and bah, it will be about who bomb faster.

[One][SiOn][dF]

in WvW

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

Well everyone can buy it right? If u don’t liek tha fact taht someone runs -condi dur food then buy + condi durr food, simple Once again, don’t bring pvp to WvW they are otehr gamemodes, just imagine how op necro wil be without this food, they will dominate all otehr classes, then all will play necros and bah, it will be about who bomb faster.

i think you misunderstand me. i want a nerf to +/- duration food, because its op and always has been and anet doesnt listen because condi builds have a hard enough time as it is with dps outside of pvp. i want to keep food in wvw.

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

in WvW

Posted by: Kraljevo.2801

Kraljevo.2801

I don’t agree with removing food altogether. What I do agree with is removing the -+ condition duration food. (Koi cake, lemon grass, veggie pizza, etc.) Very little diversity atm, those 2 are just too good to pass up.

in WvW

Yamsandjams.3267

Roaming still occurs all over the place even in T1. If the new borderlands work the way they’re designed, blobs won’t be as prevalent either. As such, food can become a much more influential factor on routine combat, although we won’t really know for sure how the new BLs will play out yet.

As far as numbers and coverage goes, there’s only so much that can be done about that. If there’s simply more people that want to play WvW on one server than on another, there’s simply going to be more people around on that server’s side. It doesn’t mean that food is a completely irrelevant factor in WvW though.

in WvW

Posted by: Flyphish.6398

Flyphish.6398

Buying something from other players is not a gold sink, unless you are counting the fees from the tp

Exactly. 15% adds up and it IS a major gold sink.

in WvW

Aberrant.6749

Roaming still occurs all over the place even in T1. If the new borderlands work the way they’re designed, blobs won’t be as prevalent either. As such, food can become a much more influential factor on routine combat, although we won’t really know for sure how the new BLs will play out yet.

As far as numbers and coverage goes, there’s only so much that can be done about that. If there’s simply more people that want to play WvW on one server than on another, there’s simply going to be more people around on that server’s side. It doesn’t mean that food is a completely irrelevant factor in WvW though.

Roaming in T1 does happen but it’s nearly pointless. Whatever a small group does is undone extremely quickly with “coverage”

I’ll believe that HoT is less zergish when I see it.

Yes there are many things anet could do to stop the zerging, but they choose not to. Why bother with something so minor as food before numbers/coverage when numbers/coverage are by far the biggest imbalances? It’s like taking away resources fighting a fatal disease that’s running rampant because some one caught the sniffles.

Tarnished Coast

in WvW

Posted by: Hexin.5603

Hexin.5603

WvW is not sPvP … and not meant to be balanced. Why do you think players can bring ascended gear while others use exotic.

That said … I wouldn’t mind not having to rebuff all the time. The duration is ridiculously low and feels more like a gold sink than anything else I mean really who eats every 30 minutes -1 hour minutes irl. Besides it would save commanders a boatload of cash.

I don’t think they will change it though.

Willing to pay for boxed expansion if you put legit GvG in the box $$

in WvW

Kasteros.9847

Roaming in T1 does happen but it’s nearly pointless. Whatever a small group does is undone extremely quickly with “coverage”

Yes there are many things anet could do to stop the zerging, but they choose not to. Why bother with something so minor as food before numbers/coverage when numbers/coverage are by far the biggest imbalances? It’s like ignoring a fatal disease that’s running rampant because some one caught the sniffles.

WTF? Zergs are what run WvW now…only 5% of wvw players or even less want to roam. Without zergs there will be blobs. U wnana fight with smaller group? Go pvp or OS

[One][SiOn][dF]

in WvW

Aberrant.6749

Yes there are many things anet could do to stop the zerging, but they choose not to. Why bother with something so minor as food before numbers/coverage when numbers/coverage are by far the biggest imbalances? It’s like ignoring a fatal disease that’s running rampant because some one caught the sniffles.

WTF? Zergs are what run WvW now…only 5% of wvw players or even less want to roam. Without zergs there will be blobs. U wnana fight with smaller group? Go pvp or OS

I agree, but that’s neither here or there. I was only pointing out that the number imbalance is a far greater imbalance than the difference in food options. If you’re going to complain about WvW balance food shouldn’t be the first place you go…

If I want to play something balanced I’ll go play PvP. Don’t feel like dealing with food? You have the option to do the same.

Tarnished Coast