For Science ... Supply Mastery

in WvW

Posted by: ShiningMassXAcc.4735

ShiningMassXAcc.4735

So I had started this thread Supply Mastery Questions some time ago and didn’t get super concrete responses. Probably due to the general lack of interest in the trait line, but regardless I sunk some points and did science.

Have a chance to recover spent supply when spending supply (several points here)

• You do only get supply back when your supply hits 0 due to expending on siege/repairs.
  • The numbers I saw were roughly the following for expending 10 supply down to 0
    • 60% of the time got 0 supply back
    • 7.5% of the time got 1 supply back
    • 12.5% of the time got 2 supply back
    • 12.5% of the time got 3 supply back
    • 7.5% of the time got 4 supply back
  • This averages out to, conveniently, 1 supply back per 10 spent. This is random, but theoretically much better than than the +1 supply trait per trait point spent, especially since it creates supply.
  • Community mentioned that they got 6 supply back – I have not seen this
  • For less than 10 supply, I do occasionally get supply back. The rate seems much lower, but I don’t have enough data that I can confirm conclusively (or by how much it is lowered). I also did not track whether this lesser supply amount was due to already extra gained supply or leftover from partially building a piece :/

Some extra notes

• People were worried about repair/siege mastery conflicting with this. Since it is not per ‘hammer’ but when you hit 0, this doesn’t appear an issue. However, since I was watching my supply pretty closely, I did notice several bugs with supply/seige mastery not using the max supply it could based on a per hammer basis.
  • I did look at this as a ‘target’ of the supply aspect as well. Walls and Oil were the only things I really had enough data points in and they roughly follow the same pattern, so I don’t think it matters for the target of expenditure (and yes I was building oil to get some data points).
  • I would expect return numbers for 15 supply to be similar (I don’t have many data points, but it looks that way). However, if this was true, this would mean that you would create less supply overall with 15 capacity as opposed to 10 for a fixed supply source. In this case, if you are really pressed for supply, someone with supply mastery but no +5 buff or Supply Capacity trait should do the building.
  • I could not find this work done – if this has already been reddit’ed for science, my apologies

Small shout out to DK on Yaks Bend for unknowingly letting me build all the siege he routinely drops in garry

in WvW

Posted by: Klawlyt.6507

Klawlyt.6507

Thank you! GLADoS will be pleased with your dedication to science.

The possibility of physical and mental collapse is now very real.
No sympathy for the Devil, keep that in mind.
Buy the ticket, take the ride.

in WvW

Posted by: Thesilentflute.8761

Thesilentflute.8761

Good work man I love supply mastery myself cheap and supper epic. Isn’t what you get refunded how much you spend ? So if you are spending more you get more back? I have been refunded 2 supply for using one before because my ticks are 2 supply. So if you put points in the build mastery you can get 10 refunded at once right?

Side note if you could check it out for me does build mastery work on supply traps?

I see good ideas every day …good in theory. – Shawn Farthing
Masters in Geek Mythology
YOU ARE NOT THE INVENTOR OF WORDS!!! lol

in WvW

Posted by: ShiningMassXAcc.4735

ShiningMassXAcc.4735

Good work man I love supply mastery myself cheap and supper epic. Isn’t what you get refunded how much you spend ? So if you are spending more you get more back? I have been refunded 2 supply for using one before because my ticks are 2 supply. So if you put points in the build mastery you can get 10 refunded at once right?

Side note if you could check it out for me does build mastery work on supply traps?

I really only had enough data points to be concrete for 10 supply going to 0 supply. I did mention that, yes, I have gotten supply back from spending very little (in fact getting more supply than I started). The most data points I had for less than 10 supply put into a hammer motion were for 2 and 3 supply (not a big surprise from the 10 supply data). I saw much lower give back rates there. I have not seen any data on spend 2 get 2 implying spend 10 get 10, rather the data that I provided.

If i had to make a ‘complete guess’ with essentially no data, the 7.5, 12.5, 12.5, 7.5 percent give back rates are perhaps actually scaled by the amount of siege used during a hammer motion. For example, if you are spending only 1 supply, these rates would be 1/10th that of 10 supply to 0.75%, 1.25%, 1.25%, 0.75% However, this would punish people that have partial amounts of supply left (which means you are likely in a group), so I don’t think this is the implementation. There may also be other variables in the equation here that I’m not accounting for, perhaps looking at your max supply when you last took supply as opposed to your current supply, whether the supply spent was gained supply, etc etc.

I will do some very minimal trap testing when I remember – probably just to confirm whether or not you can even get supply back.

(edited by ShiningMassXAcc.4735)

in WvW

Posted by: Contiguous.1345

Contiguous.1345

Quietly backs out of the padded cell, closing the door softly behind him…

in WvW

Posted by: Thesilentflute.8761

Thesilentflute.8761

My questions were really directed to the combo of supply master and build/repair mastery’s in respect you your results.

Did you do your tests on siege? Do you have any points in build mastery?

I see good ideas every day …good in theory. – Shawn Farthing
Masters in Geek Mythology
YOU ARE NOT THE INVENTOR OF WORDS!!! lol

(edited by Thesilentflute.8761)