For servers that are in total domination

in WvW

Posted by: runeblade.7514

runeblade.7514

Borlis Pass and Fergusson Crossing built trebuchets in their citadel to take back their home towers from Ehmry Bay.

There is no way for Ehmry Bay to get to the Trebuchet. I thought that this was a bug but after submitting a few reports about it, the only thing I see changed was that the invulnerability around the spawn is gone. So it could be a feature for defeated servers to get back into the game.

The only way to counter this is to build trebuchet as quickly as you can to destroy the trebuchet before they destroy your trebuchet.

5x Warrior, 5x Ranger, 4x Elementalist, 4x Engineer,
4x Necromancer, 3x Mesmer, 4x Guardian, 4x Thief, 4 Revenant

in WvW

Posted by: Mog.1589

Mog.1589

Seems legit to me man. Sounds like a good tactic.

[LGN] Legion For We Are Many – a Blackgate guild

in WvW

Posted by: Birdy.6085

Birdy.6085

The only way to counter this is to build trebuchet as quickly as you can to destroy the trebuchet before they destroy your trebuchet.

Yo dawg…Anet heard you liked trebuchets.

in WvW

Posted by: runeblade.7514

runeblade.7514

Seems legit to me man. Sounds like a good tactic.

After spending several gold on the tower to fortify the tower from further attacks by Borlis pass, a 24 silver trebuchet takes all that away, with no way for Ehmry Bay to stop the trebuchet from destroying the gates.

I love good cheap tactics.

5x Warrior, 5x Ranger, 4x Elementalist, 4x Engineer,
4x Necromancer, 3x Mesmer, 4x Guardian, 4x Thief, 4 Revenant

in WvW

Posted by: Flying Dutchman.3214

Flying Dutchman.3214

To be fair it’s their zone. I have no issue with giving teams advantages in taking back the points around their citadel. It helps WvW become more active. Your server enjoys the exact same benifit on your boarder lands and the only reason they are doing it is because you have them pinned all the way back in their Citadel. Meaning the advantage is only useful if they are losing badly, which again is a good thing not a bad one.

PvP Officer of You Are A Pirate [YAAR] (Yak’s Bend)
“Let our swords stay sharp until the Jolly Roger flies over all our enemies keeps!”

in WvW

Posted by: Frice.8746

Frice.8746

Speaking as a ferguson player that is constantly pinned into his Citadel by ferguson players…

kitten WORLD vs WORLD. It isnt ANY fun anymore when you know you are going to lose EVERY fight you get into.

kitten that.

in WvW

Posted by: Slamz.5376

Slamz.5376

I don’t really approve of the “invulnerable trebuchet” tactic.

Down-and-out servers should get some leg up on getting back into the game but I dunno that making the nearest towers indefensible for the other teams is the way to proceed, as that just leads to a lot of pointless flip-flopping.

It might be more interesting if the players of the shut-out team could do something to spawn a super NPC boss that goes down to attack the nearest supply camp and nearest tower. Something that’s vastly more powerful than even the Stonemist Lord. Talkin’ Grub style. The dominant team CAN defend against it but it would be very difficult, especially with players supporting it.

Once it captures the nearest tower, it sits there on defense for 60 minutes, then goes back home.

Camelot Unchained – from the makers of DAOC
A game that’s 100% WvW
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/13861848/camelot-unchained