Forced to raid to perfect WvW build.

in WvW

Posted by: Trepidation Lost.3469

Trepidation Lost.3469

I have theorycrafted many builds and i have done so since release, and a big part of this is finding nice mixes of stats. Some of the best combinations ive found require me to grind pve raids to get them(these HoT stats are exclusive to raid rewards, 1 or 2 from HoT story) Why is this the case? Good job trying to force me to raid but all youre doing is alienating the playerbase. Why can we noit aquire these for wvw through laruels+wvw badges?

in WvW

Posted by: SkyShroud.2865

SkyShroud.2865

Those raid gears will be widely available in LS3.

Founder & Leader of Equinox Solstice [TIME], a Singapore-Based International Guild
Henge of Denravi Server
www.gw2time.com

in WvW

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

anet paused work on things that will make those stat combos more available to do a bunch of fixes on HoT. it sucks for people who want those stats. stat combos shouldnt be so hard to get hold of. i doubt theyll be available through wvw at any point, unfortunately, because anet wants you to play HoT content to get HoT stats. maybe mo will be different from colin though, who knows.

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

in WvW

Trepidation Lost.3469

Can you link me where you got this information please,
P.S ohhhh so, one sec…. “forced to…living story three…to perfect WvW build”

in WvW

Posted by: SkyShroud.2865

SkyShroud.2865

Can’t find it, it was in one of the reddit post iirc.

Founder & Leader of Equinox Solstice [TIME], a Singapore-Based International Guild
Henge of Denravi Server
www.gw2time.com

in WvW

Trepidation Lost.3469

Can’t find it, it was in one of the reddit post iirc.

Might not be true then. Either way the problem still stands.

in WvW

Posted by: Tongku.5326

Tongku.5326

I don’t think it would be good to make raid stats widely available. In fact, I think WVW should perhaps have its own set of stats not available anywhere else along some skins.

Making different aspects of the game unique in this regard is a good thing. So while I understand your point, I disagree with you.

Heavy Deedz – COSA – SF

in WvW

Posted by: Hesacon.8735

Hesacon.8735

How dare anet has people step out of their comfort zone for optional equipment that doesn’t provide any real advantage over other commonly available equipment.

in WvW

Posted by: OriOri.8724

OriOri.8724

I have theorycrafted many builds and i have done so since release, and a big part of this is finding nice mixes of stats. Some of the best combinations ive found require me to grind pve raids to get them(these HoT stats are exclusive to raid rewards, 1 or 2 from HoT story) Why is this the case? Good job trying to force me to raid but all youre doing is alienating the playerbase. Why can we noit aquire these for wvw through laruels+wvw badges?

I think they should remain exclusive to Raids. That’s challenging content that people have to put a lot of time into learning the fights in order to complete. They deserve to get exclusive stats as a result of that. Plus the best gear in the game shouldn’t just be handed out to you because you don’t feel like doing the content required to obtain it

in WvW

Posted by: Heimlich.3065

Heimlich.3065

I think they should remain exclusive to Raids. That’s challenging content that people have to put a lot of time into learning the fights in order to complete. They deserve to get exclusive stats as a result of that. Plus the best gear in the game shouldn’t just be handed out to you because you don’t feel like doing the content required to obtain it

That’s a different game. If you want to play that game then you are welcome to. Guild Wars 2 isn’t supposed to be a gear grind.

in WvW

Trepidation Lost.3469

That’s a different game. If you want to play that game then you are welcome to. Guild Wars 2 isn’t supposed to be a gear grind.

Completely agree, this guy should go back to wow.

in WvW

Posted by: Cake.4920

Cake.4920

How dare anet has people step out of their comfort zone for optional equipment that doesn’t provide any real advantage over other commonly available equipment.

You don’t think the new 4 stat combos provide a real advantage? Even though they have more raw stats than 3 stat combos & have stats not found in 3 stat combos?

in WvW

Trepidation Lost.3469

You don’t think the new 4 stat combos provide a real advantage? Even though they have more raw stats than 3 stat combos & have stats not found in 3 stat combos?

this guy probably ran round with cele amulet in pvp thinking it was fair

in WvW

Posted by: gennyt.3428

gennyt.3428

There’s a notable difference between the core gear and the HoT goodies. Also I don’t see why level capped players should be forced to leave PvP maps and go back to smashing robots again for gear. That turns into a gear grind and Anet full well knows how unattractive many players find that.

“I swung a sword. Hey I swung it again! That’s great. We don’t want players to have to grind in GW2”.

“GW2 should be about having fun instead of preparing to have fun”.

Yeah and all that and so forth.

Whispers with meat.

in WvW

Posted by: deriven.1465

deriven.1465

My GW2 experience is me trying to stay in WvW 99% of the time and not play PvE at all. I don’t want to play HoT content. Having to play the PvE content to get my Minstrel ascended gear would’ve been .. frustrating.

Having said that, it wasn’t that bad at all! I’m sure the experience will be different for newcomers. But for us vets, this is doable. This is just one of several ways to reduce PvE. I’m sure there’s one for fractals .. but I’ve NEVER done those so I cannot give a workaround.

Here’s how I got my gear…

Prerequisites:
- Extra or available ascended gear
- Spirit Shards
- Level 500 crafters
- Gold to buy the tradeable HoT ingredients. For minstrels, this was 100’s of gold. They ain’t cheap! But hey, who has time for PvE content, right?

HoT CONTENT (approx 2-4 hours)

1) Grind at least Itzel Mastery I. Do it in the Verdant Brink.

While you grind, open up as many [Large] Airship Cargo containers as you can. You want to at least get 3 Minstrel’s Jewelry Recipe Books if you plan to make jewelry.

You should have enough Airship parts for…

2) Buy the Minstrel’s Intricate Gossamer Insignia for armor
3) Buy the Minstrel’s Orichalcum Imbued Inscription for weapons
4) Buy the Exquisite Freshwater Pearl Jewel for jewelry

Now you’re done with HoT. Whew! That’s it!

Now just make the insignias and/or inscriptions to convert your extra/available gear into 4-stat combo gear using the Anthology of Heroes approach.

For jewelry, you will need to use those recipe books for each type of trinket. Then craft them. In my opinion, it was worth it.

If I missed a step, please respond and I’ll fill in the blanks.

in WvW

Trepidation Lost.3469

My GW2 experience is me trying to stay in WvW 99% of the time and not play PvE at all. I don’t want to play HoT content. Having to play the PvE content to get my Minstrel ascended gear would’ve been .. frustrating.

Having said that, it wasn’t that bad at all! I’m sure the experience will be different for newcomers. But for us vets, this is doable. This is just one of several ways to reduce PvE. I’m sure there’s one for fractals .. but I’ve NEVER done those so I cannot give a workaround.

Prerequisites:
- Spirit Shards
- Level 500 crafters
- Gold to buy the tradeable HoT ingredients. For minstrels, this was 100’s of gold. They ain’t cheap! But hey, who has time for PvE content, right?

While you grind, open up as many [Large] Airship Cargo containers as you can. You want to at least get 3 Minstrel’s Jewelry Recipe Books if you plan to make jewelry.

Now just make the insignias and/or inscriptions to convert your extra/available gear into 4-stat combo gear using the Anthology of Heroes approach.

For jewelry, you will need to use those recipe books for each type of trinket. Then craft them. In my opinion, it was worth it.

You missed the fact you cant make ascended jewellery, which is what my initial post was about lol… i have gear apart from tinrkets. i am aware i can make exo, the whole point is that those who have done raids get the ascended trinkets, raid for ascended loads of grinding as you say for exo, see the problem?

in WvW

Posted by: Sarrs.4831

Sarrs.4831

Yeah they’ve said previously that they’re not happy with certain statspreads for the accessory slots only being available in raids. The particular one they tend to single out is Viper’s but all spreads have applications in WvW. They’ve said they want to open up access to these spreads in LS3 but how precisely they plan on going about that is anyone’s guess.

Nalhadia – Kaineng

in WvW

Posted by: Celsith.2753

Celsith.2753

I completely agree with you. Therefore I propose that legendary weapon collections should require map completion of every wvw map as they used to, a decent rank grand, say 500 or so and make the pvp items required account bound so they cannot be bought. Fair right?

Predatory Instinct [HUNT]
Thundercat Snarf – Thief

in WvW

Trepidation Lost.3469

Yeah they’ve said previously that they’re not happy with certain statspreads for the accessory slots only being available in raids. The particular one they tend to single out is Viper’s but all spreads have applications in WvW. They’ve said they want to open up access to these spreads in LS3 but how precisely they plan on going about that is anyone’s guess.

why cant they just add them to the bloomin laurel vendor????

in WvW

Posted by: Swagger.1459

Swagger.1459

Because Anet has decided they want to force you and I to play all parts of the game. They want to push activities that we may not find fun in order to get certain rewards. They do not value the individual players time or interest.

And if Anet wants to keep forcing players into raids for specific rewards, they should make sure the experience is fun. Currently these raids are the most unfun instance content, and overall subpar experience, I’ve ever had in all my years of gaming.

New Main- 80 Thief – P/P- Vault Spam Pro

221 hours over 1,581 days of bank space/hot pve/lion’s arch afk and some wvw.

(edited by Swagger.1459)

in WvW

Posted by: Wolfric.9380

Wolfric.9380

It´s a bit of work … I did it despite being something like 70% WvW, 20% PvP and 10% PvE.
Lately i did Auric Basin meta events to get my gear. ombined with a 500 tailor and gold from WvW and PvP i crafted rabid gear changing pieces in the forge to viper… And i got the durability rune… Trying to get aurillium only from PvP would have needed eons … I would realy like more of the zone currency for WvW or PvE tracks …

(edited by Wolfric.9380)

in WvW

Posted by: STIHL.2489

STIHL.2489

There was another suggestion about making WvW it’s own thing, with it’s own armors, and gear, so that when a player enters WvW, they have their own unique armor/gear set, that is not related to PvE at all.

And that makes sense, why should someone that really enjoys WvW need to grind PvE to build up to play WvW, that would be like making players PvP to get the gear to do PvE, if that seems silly, that is exactly what Anet is doing in reverse.

There are two kinds of gamers, salty, and extra salty

in WvW

Posted by: Swagger.1459

Swagger.1459

There was another suggestion about making WvW it’s own thing, with it’s own armors, and gear, so that when a player enters WvW, they have their own unique armor/gear set, that is not related to PvE at all.

And that makes sense, why should someone that really enjoys WvW need to grind PvE to build up to play WvW, that would be like making players PvP to get the gear to do PvE, if that seems silly, that is exactly what Anet is doing in reverse.

Yeah, it’s a mess.

New Main- 80 Thief – P/P- Vault Spam Pro

221 hours over 1,581 days of bank space/hot pve/lion’s arch afk and some wvw.

in WvW

Posted by: Firmicute.3876

Firmicute.3876

Well. I have to do it the other way around… I need to be a certain level to be able to buy this thing for 500 badges.. its only 14 tho.. so you have my condolences

in WvW

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

I can see both sides of this however WvW isn’t sPvP. WvW is meant to be a place where players that put in the effort for the best gear get to use it to fight other players. If you want a level playing field that really is an sPvP thing.

Fortunately there are no gear cliffs in GW2 for the most part. Average players with the best gear will still get destroyed by above average skill players in average gear.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

in WvW

Posted by: Tongku.5326

Tongku.5326

Prerequisites:
- Spirit Shards
- Level 500 crafters

You can also add to that the appropriate WVW reward tracks. So far I have gotten 2 ascended armor recipes and 1 ascended weapon chest with the new stats and a few of the exotic recipes, so I don’t have to buy inscriptions etc. of off the TP to switch stats.

While the HOT reward tracks do not solve the situation as they are very slow for this purpose, they do help.

Heavy Deedz – COSA – SF

in WvW

Heimlich.3065

Prerequisites:
- Spirit Shards
- Level 500 crafters

You can also add to that the appropriate WVW reward tracks. So far I have gotten 2 ascended armor recipes and 1 ascended weapon chest with the new stats and a few of the exotic recipes, so I don’t have to buy inscriptions etc. of off the TP to switch stats.

While the HOT reward tracks do not solve the situation as they are very slow for this purpose, they do help.

This process will never let you obtain best-in-slot trinkets with the new stats.

in WvW

Posted by: Draeyon.4392

Draeyon.4392

Why can’t they just add like 2 new amulets, rings and accessories with a select stat option with all stat combos and update any backpiece that has that option to do the same?

The reason I say all and not just HoT is because some vanilla stat sets can’t be acquired for asc rings/amulets/backpiece (e.g. sentinels, dire) unless you raid

edit: also, mean just add these new items to existing methods (laurels, fractals, Guild Comms)

(edited by Draeyon.4392)

in WvW

Posted by: STIHL.2489

STIHL.2489

Well. I have to do it the other way around… I need to be a certain level to be able to buy this thing for 500 badges.. its only 14 tho.. so you have my condolences

EotM is mostly PvE, and you can get badges there. At one time they required WvW for map completion.. why don’t we bring that back and see how much the PvE players like being forced to do other game modes.

There are two kinds of gamers, salty, and extra salty

in WvW

Posted by: borgs.6103

borgs.6103

They should add a WvW reward track that gives ascended backpiece recipes for HoT stats. I don’t care if it has no skin nor if it’s as expensive as doing Mawdrey or other previous ascended backpiece iterations, as long as I can get a backpiece with HoT stats without making me do raids.

in WvW

Posted by: Sarrs.4831

Sarrs.4831

Possibly they’re working on doing something that’s a bit more interesting than that. Who knows

They’ve already said that they’re considering implementing a new currency based on who wins matchups. They might plan to do it with that.

Nalhadia – Kaineng

in WvW

Posted by: Hyper Cutter.9376

Hyper Cutter.9376

They’ve said they want to open up access to these spreads in LS3 but how precisely they plan on going about that is anyone’s guess.

Presumably as achievement rewards, like Nomad/Sinister trinkets in LS2.

in WvW

Heimlich.3065

They’ve already said that they’re considering implementing a new currency based on who wins matchups. They might plan to do it with that.

Then access to those stats would be limited to the blobbed-up & over-stacked server? That would not be better.

Population balance is awful enough now with even tiny incentives to stack&win.

in WvW

Posted by: Tyrx.2471

Tyrx.2471

The power creep was the only way that anet could/can sell HoT, so I highly doubt they will ever allow you to earn the “exclusive” runes outside of HoT PVE . In an ideal world we wouldn’t have to bother with this at all in WVW…. It really should have a system similar to SPVP where stats are normalised and people can simply pick what runes/trinkets (although not that silly combined amulet that strangles build diversity) they want to run with.

The latter isn’t really anet’s fault though. The problem with the GW2 community is that there are too many trashy players who want to be able to acquire power through grind as opposed to actually learning how to play the classes…. Having PVE exclusive runes (and to a lesser extent, ascended gear which bumps stats by 12.5% with acquisition biased towards PVE play) has always been an issue with WVW, and I don’t see that changing any time soon.

in WvW

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

dude you can get a set of durability runes in 1-2 octovines. every other HoT rune is crap in comparison.

soooooooooooo exclusive
suuuuuuuuch a pain in the kitten

(stat combos on the other hand? big issue.)

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions