Fort Aspenwood: Your guild's future home.

in WvW

Posted by: ninjambo.3784

ninjambo.3784

With most guilds transferring to Kaineng/Maguuma, Fort Aspenwood is going to need more around the clock coverage and devoted guilds to fight them.

Some things that Fort Aspenwood offers:

-Very friendly/tight-knit WvW community: Most guilds have been here from the start and respect each other, and the new ones that have come are immediately a part of the community and will not feel foreign.

-Persistent fighters: after fighting an uphill battle for 10 WEEKS straight in tier 3(most out of any server) we finally got some transfers that allowed us to take the lead. This is not a server that backs down when we see a low score number. This is a server that fights to win.

-Little to no ques: During EST primetime, you may see short ques in EB or FA BL, but there will always be a map with no que, and most maps have no ques besides that one primetime.

-VERY active forum site: Fort-Aspenwood.com is a site that many members of FA use. It is a great way to get to know the community, or discuss tactics and events.

-Community Teamspeak: The Teamspeak 3 on Fort Aspenwood is fairly new, and many guilds/players have already switched over to it for the good of the server. Your guild will get its own section in the Ts3 upon request, and there are also rooms for each BL map.

-Cookies

Stawker / Lord Stawk
Founder and former Guild Leader of [RET] Reticle
Current Guild Leader of [BLNT] Better Luck Next Time

(edited by ninjambo.3784)

in WvW

ninjambo.3784

Also, PM me if you have further questions regarding Fort Aspenwood.

Best transfer times are during Euro/Asia prime.

Stawker / Lord Stawk

in WvW

Posted by: Arcadio.6875

Arcadio.6875

Agreed with everything you said. I’d like to welcome more guilds to the FA family.

Lord Arcadio
League Of Ascending Immortals [OATH]

in WvW

Posted by: Rskippy.3620

Rskippy.3620

Agreed 100% with everything Ninjambo said, And as one of the IoJ crew that recently transferred to FA I can say they do not make us feel foreign in any way, In fact they have given us the warmest welcome we could have asked for. No sooner than we were on the server we were working with other long standing guilds there and having an absolute blast.

in WvW

Posted by: Henrik.7560

Henrik.7560

You need more than 9 guilds which you just got? :O :O :O

Arcane Bastion [AB]
Elementalist Mesmer Ranger
Sea of Sorrows

in WvW

Posted by: Kinglette.4906

Kinglette.4906

Eight of those guilds are smaller together than some of the Zerg guilds that roam this game.
You know that free transfers are closing any server not recruiting is either to full or not into WvW seriously.

80 Guardian, 80 Warrior, 80 Thief
[AVTR] FA

in WvW

Posted by: Victorctk.4931

Victorctk.4931

http://www.fort-aspenwood.com/

for the infomation you need. FA has been my home server from day 1 of gw2 and until now, its still the awesome server it is.

The fighting and determination is always there, outmanned or not, FA wvwers will do their best. You know you have your band of brothers when you go into a zerg never needing to look back because those behind you are behind you and i feel that is more than enough to fuel loads of fun and epicness.

Go into our forum at fort-aspenwood.com because the people you will play alongside with are there.

Victorctk [GODS]
Fort Aspenwood

in WvW

Posted by: Maz Muzhik.2165

Maz Muzhik.2165

I’m a European and have been on this server for a while, it’s a great place and I have never had to queue. PRO was very welcoming is a good guild, it would be great to see some more Europeans come over =)

in WvW

Posted by: Maniac.5163

Maniac.5163

You need more than 9 guilds which you just got? :O :O :O

Yes, if we plan on beating the server you just found a new home on..

in WvW

Posted by: Karykarywook.2481

Karykarywook.2481

Wait wait wait.

Stawker somehow forgot to mention our stock of cookies.

Cookies. We has them.

KaryKarwook of Team Sarcasm – Fort Aspenwood
Representing RET in WvW

in WvW

Arcadio.6875

He did mention the cookies! He forgot to mention the beer.

Lord Arcadio

in WvW

Karykarywook.2481

hmmm….I did miss the cookies. How dare I question the comprehensive information communication of one of my guild’s commanders.

And yes! Plenty of beer!

Representing RET in WvW

in WvW

ninjambo.3784

Lol kary, me missing the cookies? How do you think I got so many recruits for RET?
Coooookies

Stawker / Lord Stawk

in WvW

ninjambo.3784

NOTE TO MOD/ADMIN: This is the last Fort Aspenwood recruitment thread and is backed by the community. Please do not move it to the guilds section like the previous ones

Stawker / Lord Stawk

in WvW

Posted by: Cord.5371

Cord.5371

The cake is a lie! But we have the cookies! FA = No alliance drama, just a ton of WvW guilds working together!

Fort Aspenwood Dolyak Killing Society
www.purpledragons.net
www.fort-aspenwood.com

in WvW

Posted by: MuffinMan.3285

MuffinMan.3285

I made this post in the guild section forums but apparently thats not our official one xD and I rather talk to WvW guilds anyway :P

As a guild leader who left IoJ for FA ill admit that I had some reservations about moveing because there was some bad blood between Primordial Dragons and Fort Aspenwood but when we did make the switch we were welcomed with open arms. Any animosity between us just vanished, the second Drgn step onto FA bl as defenders instead of invaders the commanders whispered me and got me up to speed on the current situation/tactics were. The transition to WvW from IoJ to FA was seamless…honestly the worst part about transferring to FA is that I still get PMs from people welcoming us to the server xD

WvW isnt fun anymore :(

in WvW

Posted by: etrigan.4213

etrigan.4213

honestly the worst part about transferring to FA is that I still get PMs from people welcoming us to the server xD

!!!!!!!!!!!! ALERT !!!!!!!!!!!!

FA CALL TO ARMS!!!!

EVERYONE MESSAGE MUFFINMAN.3285 “WELCOME”!!

I would just like to add a few “no holds barred” comments:

1. FA is a drama free server. No inter alliance crap. FA server as a whole is the binding factor. We don’t necessarily agree all the time, but we ALWAYS work together to take objectives and get more loot. ALWAYS.

2. Some of the best guilds in WvW are on FA. If you are a single player looking for a home, we can make it happen in just about any timezone.

3. We are in Tier 3 right now. Its called “the grudge tier” for a reason. Expect hard fights on every borderland at all times.

4. We like PVE and sPVP too, in fact both are pretty busy, so you’ll always have people to play with.

Now on to a lighter subject, this is how we do things on FA:

Video Example 1

Video Example 2

Video Example 3

Make sure you watch the last 40seconds of this one:
Video Example 4

FA is full of fun players/guilds, we just need a bit more coverage.

Nox – Fort Aspenwood
I AM BEST!

in WvW

Karykarywook.2481

Make sure you watch the last 40seconds of this one

The bag thing was pretty great but the chipmunk voices made it quite hilarious

Representing RET in WvW

in WvW

Posted by: selan.8354

selan.8354

well and this is also how we do things in FA

defending a wooden tower vs 3 omegas 2 alphas and an army of enemies

part 1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SUzJBhIr9RU&list=PLqbVYxfA89UMv5OSa94FHbA2raTSkQIig&index=52

part 2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WCCkfsR-9bM&list=PLqbVYxfA89UMv5OSa94FHbA2raTSkQIig&index=53

Lv 80 glamour Mesmer Triforce Mesmerpower PU mes,Lv 80 power necro
[AVTR]
Isle of Kickaspenwood

in WvW

Posted by: JPSnow.8296

JPSnow.8296

Come to the one true drama free alliances before its too late!!!!

JPSnow (main) – Necro, Sir Mezalot – Mesmer
Lieutenant Stabs – Thief
Night Vision (NV) – Blackgate

in WvW

Posted by: Waking.6052

Waking.6052

JP, didn’t you transfer to Fort Aspenwood?

Guardian Commander “The Lord Saves”
Mesmer Commander “The Lord Knows”
Fort Aspenwood

in WvW

etrigan.4213

Ok I lost it watching this video. That one golem stuck on the side of the ramp/wall…

No one derps harder than TC in golems. No one.

Nox – Fort Aspenwood
I AM BEST!

in WvW

Posted by: Quenta.2978

Quenta.2978

in WvW

Posted by: Haldunius.7864

Haldunius.7864

I sent him a PM a week ago saying he was welcome to join the dark side but never heard back

FA Mesmo – [VK]
Last words – “I’m going to jump off this cliff
and pull all those guys down cuz they’ll die.”

in WvW

JPSnow.8296

Yeah I should change my sig. Me and my whole guild are here(aka just me). Once I get back from vacation ill either really start up my guild or join another one that is interested in helping me with learn to wvw nights. Got to be all the pvers into top wvw shape

Lieutenant Stabs – Thief

in WvW

Posted by: WhisperedInsanity.3985

WhisperedInsanity.3985

Let’s hope this gets answered before 11pm est tonight. Just wondering how your europian and oceanic presence is. You guys have most of the NA guilds that I ran with before so I know the NA time is stacked. I just want to make sure its not going to be a case of logging in to see that enemy night capping has taken place.

Murda Inc [QQ]
Isle of Janthir
~If you want your story to be told, write it~

in WvW

Posted by: Waking.6052

Waking.6052

I’d say we’re on track for good 24/7 coverage, but it’s hard to tell because we’ve been dominating…. we had all of EB minus Overlook during European hours today(broke 400 ppt).

FA is a different world from IOJ. There we were always fighting just to hold on, here we have a bit of room to breath, even at the beginning of the week I didn’t feel like the world was going to fall if Drgn took a night off. As the week went on it got stronger and stronger.

But remember fighting FA last match up? They didn’t get weaker toward the end of the week. They were always the same, always defending tenaciously too. So, I think this is a great place to be.

T3 is still where you find constant fighting if you want, but limited to no queue times. EB had a 5 minute queue a few times today, the borderlands were free entrance.

I still think we’re in a state on FA in which you can get in if you’re willing to wait 5 minutes, which I prefer to do anyway…. buy food and oils stock up on siege and determine where I want to be, ya know.

Seriously, if I had anything negative to say I’d say it in qualified terms. But I don’t. As a commander and a player I’m highly satisfied IOJ’s community largely moved here.

Guardian Commander “The Lord Saves”
Mesmer Commander “The Lord Knows”
Fort Aspenwood

in WvW

Arcadio.6875

You don’t have to worry about FA getting nightcapped. We have a strong Oceanic presence.

http://mos.millenium.org/servers/view/39/

Lord Arcadio

in WvW

Posted by: IRSyKo.5843

IRSyKo.5843

We have a pretty decent overnight presence at this point I’d say. It could always use some help however.

Through discipline, we prevail.
[BT]
Fort Aspenwood

in WvW

Posted by: Nightswrath.2640

Nightswrath.2640

As one of the oceanic commanders I’d have to agree that this time zone has now been bolstered well but could always do with a few more heads out on the field so I would welcome any guilds who play in this time zone to join us on the field. It would be good to see an increase here but more importantly an increase in the Euro time zone.

As mentioned above some of our servers standout qualities are that we never give up. We’ll fight to the end of the night and we’ll fight to the end of the week. We are community based, which means that our primary concern is FA not our own guilds objectives. Many times I’ve led my guild on decoy runs while my Oceanic brethren launch the main assault and vice versa. Additionally we have cookies.

[UK] Nights Wrath
Underworld Knights
Fort Aspenwood

in WvW

Posted by: Altie.4571

Altie.4571

Oh you mispelled the server name.

It’s actually Fort Janthis Isle of Aspenwood.
I’m only thinking of potential recruits, don’t want them to get confused.

You can thank me by sending me omnombery snacks @ Altie.4571

When scientists discover the center of the universe,
a lot of people will be disappointed they are not it.

in WvW

IRSyKo.5843

Oh you mispelled the server name.

It’s actually Fort Janthis Isle of Aspenwood.
I’m only thinking of potential recruits, don’t want them to get confused.

You can thank me by sending me omnombery snacks @ Altie.4571

We actually decided on Isle of Kickaspenwood Janthir them in the throat while in a Fort.

But we appreciate your input

[BT]
Fort Aspenwood

in WvW

Posted by: Altie.4571

Altie.4571

You don’t want to do that. That’s a horrendous name and it’s a bad marketing strategy.

Trust me, use what I gave you. IT’S PURE GOLD!

When scientists discover the center of the universe,
a lot of people will be disappointed they are not it.

in WvW

Posted by: WhisperedInsanity.3985

WhisperedInsanity.3985

My guild really misses the IoJ community and the ppl that we worked with there so we are considering this server for a new home. We’re making some pros and cons lists for the servers that we are considering so all the information that you have passed on is highly appreciated. Thanks for taking the time to give me some answers.

Murda Inc [QQ]
Isle of Janthir
~If you want your story to be told, write it~

in WvW

Posted by: Shadow Gathering.5649

Shadow Gathering.5649

Since the conversation is turning to IoJ, I just wanted to say how happy I am that IoJ guilds decided to settle in FA. I can’t think of another server I’d rather have join us. My understanding is that IoJ spent months in Tier-2 outnumbered by competing servers. They had to compensate for their numbers with superior skill and tactics, which made them strong (much like FA in Tier-3). They are elite, and I’d take quality over quantity any day. It is an honor that they have picked FA.

Rockrain
FA

in WvW

Posted by: Richard Nixon.6573

Richard Nixon.6573

Let’s hope this gets answered before 11pm est tonight. Just wondering how your europian and oceanic presence is. You guys have most of the NA guilds that I ran with before so I know the NA time is stacked. I just want to make sure its not going to be a case of logging in to see that enemy night capping has taken place.

I’m in DB, and tend to play far later into the morning than I should for NA (often until 4 or 5 am). That’s approximately when DB’s prime time starts kicking in, and I can say that FA does a great job matching our numbers at that point in time.

I can’t say how it compares to average tier 2 population, but it’s about as good as it gets for tier 3. DB has a edge during those times (it’s our prime time :P ), but it has no resemblance to “night capping” in the lower tiers- FA just has to play a little more defensively (which they are fine at).

-1-800-GUILD-WAR? They can’t have my ’Brand… I have special eyes.
-Look, look with your special eyes!
-My Dragonbrand!

in WvW

IRSyKo.5843

I love this server. i really do…have been here since day 1 and I have friends in every single guild. Really great group of people here.

[BT]
Fort Aspenwood

in WvW

Posted by: Diashame.6328

Diashame.6328

IoJ’s majority of guilds picked FA to move to for a reason. Very rarely did you come across easy opponents from FA(Guilds or Pugs). They had less numbers but hurt more than any other server, which I can’t say for any other server and we were in tier 1 and 2 for 3 months. FA is a force now and will only get stronger as the two communities gel.

Dia – [RET]
Fort Aspenwood – the PvP server

in WvW

Posted by: Vazqo.8012

Vazqo.8012

Made the move to FA and have had a great time, more of a tweener with both pve and WvW getting equal parts of my time and everyone I’ve met in both aspects have been great!

Czarist/Vazqo/Vazco et al
Fort Aspenwood

in WvW

Posted by: Ejiofor.4801

Ejiofor.4801

I transferred from TC to FA two weeks ago due to the All Engineer Guild, NERF, being based in FA.

I was there when they were in third place, and saw how hard they fought.

Trust me when I say that FA does MORE with LESS.

I can tell you that I have had an absolute blast playing with these people.

Speaking with them on TS3, I found them to be knowledgeable, and their WvW Commanders are more than capable. I would describe FA’s WvW as “Relaxed Confidence”.

Overall some great people!

Gearstrip Jones, Engineer, Borlis Pass, [KPUP]
“Which Lo Pan? Little ol’ basket case on wheels, or the ten-foot-tall roadblock?!”
-Kurt Russell, Big Trouble in Little China

in WvW

JPSnow.8296

Still could use more people in all time slots to get ready for tier 2. Euro, Oceanic and Sea the most!!!

Lieutenant Stabs – Thief

in WvW

Posted by: Vazqo.8012

Vazqo.8012

Still time to get in on a great community!

Czarist/Vazqo/Vazco et al
Fort Aspenwood

in WvW

etrigan.4213

We’d love to have some more coverage.

Also I’d love to pull an all nighter sometime and stay up and play with some new guilds.

EDIT: Also please take a look at our last few matchup threads on this forum. Notice that they usually are the ones with the most posts? That is because there’s always action popping off in the borderlands.

Nox – Fort Aspenwood
I AM BEST!

(edited by etrigan.4213)

in WvW

Arcadio.6875

Yeah there’s more room to improve.

Lord Arcadio

in WvW

IRSyKo.5843

Bumping for a great server, a great community, and a fantastic overnight presence

[BT]
Fort Aspenwood

in WvW

JPSnow.8296

Need more sea / euro guilds especially but all are welcome. All time zones have good coverage but from looks of things us going to tier 2 in near future could use more

Lieutenant Stabs – Thief

in WvW

Posted by: Challupa.7064

Challupa.7064

recently moved to the UK, so my question is….how big are the EU guilds? Im tired of logging in to find the server deserted (currently on SBI)

in WvW

Posted by: Jimmybass.2159

Jimmybass.2159

As JPSnow said, all zones have good coverage, but the coverage in some zones is a bit better than others.

Props to a great server. Anyone interested in joining a server with a competitive spirit and zero drama should consider FA.

King Kong Bundy
Blood Work [RED]
Fort Aspenwood

in WvW

Posted by: Chaba.5410

Chaba.5410

Fort Aspenwood is also where the engineer-only Fort Engineer [NERF] guild primarily operates from!

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs
RIP [SIC] Strident Iconoclast

in WvW

Arcadio.6875

Last day of free transfers. FA is a great place to make a permanent home.

Lord Arcadio