"Four shotted" by theif, 18519 damage

in WvW

Posted by: mako.2431

mako.2431

It was across 4 hits but they were all at once for the most part, the biggest being 9090. He jumped on me and I was down, period, gone. I have WvW’d enough to be in the silver ranks, I have NEVER died this fast, ever. This patch is broken, fix it.

EDIT: Mods changed this subject, it originally read “one shotted” because it all came at the same time. It just happened to be 4 separate hits. Ridiculous edit.

(edited by mako.2431)

in WvW

Posted by: Nate.3927

Nate.3927

no offense, but those numbers are perfectly possible even before the patch, so it doesn’t really have anything to do with the patch. To give you an example from my personal experience, this was like late last year, I had a full PVT guardian, with all the tanky trait lines as well. Full glass thief took me by surprise and spiked me for 36k damage in a split second.

in WvW

mako.2431

Well in however many hours in wvw I have been in to get to silver rank I have never been one shotted like that in the split second he jumped me and I was down. I have roamed a ton and faced plenty of thieves, typically I would lose to them because they could constantly stealth/heal, not because they took me out like that. But never anything like this.

Being spiked for 36k in a split second is absurd, never seen anything like that in wvw. Not saying it can’t happen, just not sure how I can play so long and face so many thieves and never experience it. Sounds like a fluke.

in WvW

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

no offense, but those numbers are perfectly possible even before the patch, so it doesn’t really have anything to do with the patch. To give you an example from my personal experience, this was like late last year, I had a full PVT guardian, with all the tanky trait lines as well. Full glass thief took me by surprise and spiked me for 36k damage in a split second.

Had to be lag or something else. No one is doing 36k damage to a PTV Guardian in a second. Seriously, the first pop is Aegis even.

For the OP, yes the power creep is absurd in this patch. Every live stream I’d ask “where’s the defense?” The darn dev’s made combat a troll’ish joke of who melts whom first. Nothing fun or skillful about this.

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

in WvW

Posted by: Nate.3927

Nate.3927

Had to be lag or something else. No one is doing 36k damage to a PTV Guardian in a second. Seriously, the first pop is Aegis even.

For the OP, yes the power creep is absurd in this patch. Every live stream I’d ask “where’s the defense?” The darn dev’s made combat a troll’ish joke of who melts whom first. Nothing fun or skillful about this.

Being OCX, yes I am quite sure that lag is a part of it. But at the time, my aegis wasn’t on since I had just finished fighting a sentry so his first hit wasn’t blocked. My HP had just finished refilling ooc, max HP at the time would’ve been around 28k including stacks. I remember this very well because I was surprised myself that he can kill me so quickly.

And I have tried glassy thieves myself pre-patch. As an average skill player I can easily pull off a 15-20k opening burst on unsuspecting enemy players. So it doesn’t surprise me if a thief with better latency, skill and build can pull off higher numbers.

in WvW

Posted by: Lunacy Solacio.6514

Lunacy Solacio.6514

It was across 4 hits but they were all at once for the most part, the biggest being 9090. He jumped on me and I was down, period, gone. I have WvW’d enough to be in the silver ranks, I have NEVER died this fast, ever. This patch is broken, fix it.

Before the patch, If I hit with steal,CnD,Backstab, 18k was easily a typical combo against a light or medium class in zerk armor, with my backstab being 10k or more. A war with similar stats could do a 12k+ eviscerate to same targets in one hit, not to mention 100 blades, a ranger could do 12k+ totals on one rapid fire, etc.

(edited by Lunacy Solacio.6514)

in WvW

Posted by: Ballads.2509

Ballads.2509

Did this happen in bay on ybbl? If so, it was a full glass thief. He was wearing force, night, and scholars. We all had a WTF moment when we saw him down you. We asked how much he hit you for, “18k.”

in WvW

Posted by: yanoch.7051

yanoch.7051

I got hit by about 22k dam from an engi grenade blast yesterday.

Heiann – NSP

in WvW

Posted by: Virtute.8251

Virtute.8251

Was also in comms with the thief: can confirm that OP ate a sick burst from stealth.

Can also agree that it’s a reason to delete the class and fire half of ANet.

Legendary PvF Keep Lord Anvu Pansu Senpai
RvR isn’t “endgame”, it’s the only game. Cu in CU.

in WvW

Posted by: Baldrick.8967

Baldrick.8967

‘Combat’ has become a bit of a joke with the new patch.

I tried a high condi huge toughness build and was spiked down by a thief in seconds, or melted by a thief and mesmer before I could blink.

Biggest problem is thief skill chains have no delay time, so they can macro a combo that finishes in half a second (you’re stunned anyway) abd basically wipes you no matter what your armor rating is.

Not saying it’s much better against other classes- combat has become ultra twitch and first burst wins.

Condi might be the meta in 1v1 (or spvp, as it’s known) and pve, but in wvw condis just give even more boons to the zerg or disappear so fast they don’t even get a tick in.

Suppose we should be grateful they changed the decision on adding 5% more to ascended gears…

Now if only we had proper healers or a lot more skills that reduce max damage from one hit to 10% of your HP.

WvW player. Doing another world completion for my next Legendary. Hater of mini-games.

in WvW

Posted by: Extreme.8350

Extreme.8350

u just got outplayed idk why u even bother playing pvt u could do something like knight armor with cavalier trinkets and still be a tank and actually contribute

in WvW

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

Power creep would be def too got a buff what happen is the game switched from a high def / healing game to a more aggressive game.

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

in WvW

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

Until Anet figure it out for themselves I have little hope that they will listen to our feedback for balance. Ele still has useless elites, after like 100 threads complaining about it.

in WvW

Posted by: UnknownFreak.2805

UnknownFreak.2805

Before the patch, If I hit with steal,CnD,Backstab, 18k was easily a typical combo against a light or medium class in zerk armor, with my backstab being 10k or more. A war with similar stats could do a 12k+ eviscerate to same targets in one hit, not to mention 100 blades, a ranger could do 12k+ totals on one rapid fire, etc.

Before the patch a thief hit me for 11k CnD and 21.5k Backstab xD
Was on full zerk mesmer. <3 the damage.

Attachments:

How to crashreport…
Someone say game crash must be related to OOM
when you read the log it’s not related to that whatsoever…

in WvW

Posted by: DarkSyze.8627

DarkSyze.8627

Was also in comms with the thief: can confirm that OP ate a sick burst from stealth.

Can also agree that it’s a reason to delete the class and fire half of ANet.

Arena net is hiring

" Solutions To A Problem Can Only Be Found, When You Want To Get Rid Of It "
Ankur

in WvW

Posted by: sephiroth.4217

sephiroth.4217

Zerker A kills Zerker B, Zerker B demands Zerker A be nerfed for it.

I mostly play for the new Free-For-All arena in PvP lobby.
….. And Elementalist.

in WvW

DarkSyze.8627

Zerker A kills Zerker B, Zerker B demands Zerker A be nerfed for it.

Zerker B would not demand Zerker A be nerf if Zerker A used skill-play, work-hard, with a lot of effort, and take risks.

Ankur

(edited by DarkSyze.8627)

in WvW

DarkSyze.8627

Until Anet figure it out for themselves I have little hope that they will listen to our feedback for balance. Ele still has useless elites, after like 100 threads complaining about it.

Ankur

in WvW

Posted by: Art.9820

Art.9820

I think with the patch vit has become a huge deal now in WvW, my glass mesmer is now 22k hp base and its not even fully maximized (missing ascended gear, weapons or guard buffs since those are going to be removed soon), I have to run a mix of full zerker armor/Valk wpns and 2 soldier trinkets, I’m able to pull 2.6k dmg with bloodlust stacks, 46% crit, 195% ferocity and 2.1k armor, I was surviving the spike of 2 thieves with 3-1k hp left enough for me to pull off. Also anti spike traits should be a must for anyone, especially if you’re romaing or on your own.

But I do agree the damage of some classes are broken that’s why my thief & engie are parked since the patch day.

All classes

(edited by Art.9820)

in WvW

mako.2431

Did this happen in bay on ybbl? If so, it was a full glass thief. He was wearing force, night, and scholars. We all had a WTF moment when we saw him down you. We asked how much he hit you for, “18k.”

Nope, was in EB by SMC.

in WvW

mako.2431

u just got outplayed idk why u even bother playing pvt u could do something like knight armor with cavalier trinkets and still be a tank and actually contribute

You must be trolling. I got outplayed? That would be true if I actually got a chance to do something….wasn’t even stunned…just bam…dead.

in WvW

Posted by: King.1985

King.1985

Sir, mesmers can do that kind of damage even quicker than a thief. Try this: use the 4 on your torch, blink 1200 range to your target, wait for your stealth to run out so that the 4 dmg hits right as you’re about to burst.. press your 2 on gs followed by your mind wrack and a 3 as well.. both fire/air sigils pretty much gauranteed to proc, u get 2 shatters hitting for 3-4k, the 3-4 bounces of mind blade.. the sigil procs, etc etc, must I explain more? If you bother setting up your shatter you’ll be able to do miles more burst than a thief actually, but that isnt even needed with how strong shatter mes is atm.

in WvW

Posted by: Atoss.1056

Atoss.1056

Tip: “If” you see thief in 1200-1500 range just running towards you – prepare for dmg incoming, usually CnD+Steal → Backstab → Heartseeker if you do nothing.

in WvW

Posted by: SpellOfIniquity.1780

SpellOfIniquity.1780

I seriously recommend against going full zerk while roaming unless you’re a Thief, Mesmer or Warrior. Otherwise these kinds of things will happen to you.

And as someone who’s… Well, way past Silver rank now… Like 2,000+ ranks past it by now… I can tell you that I’ve been hit with that kind of damage both pre and post-patch and not just by Thieves.

There’s actually a video on YouTube of these kinds of Backstabs.

Attachments:

Necromancer, Ranger, Warrior, Engineer
Champion: Phantom, Hunter, Legionnaire, Genius
WvW rank: Diamond Colonel | Maguuma

in WvW

Posted by: choovanski.5462

choovanski.5462

watch out. keep on your toes. splat them before they splat you. stand in aoes. I’m playing goku guardian and thieves are a pleasure to fight.

. Engi & Warr . Beta > 2017 Death of PvP
currently a Boyfriend main :P
Waiting To ReRoll Mystic & Forget About Tyria

in WvW

Posted by: Caedmon.6798

Caedmon.6798

I seriously recommend against going full zerk while roaming unless you’re a Thief, Mesmer or Warrior. Otherwise these kinds of things will happen to you.

And as someone who’s… Well, way past Silver rank now… Like 2,000+ ranks past it by now… I can tell you that I’ve been hit with that kind of damage both pre and post-patch and not just by Thieves.

Stop fighting lowbies perhaps…A hit like that with final thrust only happens on low lvls with bad gear.

in WvW

Posted by: SpellOfIniquity.1780

SpellOfIniquity.1780

Stop fighting lowbies perhaps…A hit like that with final thrust only happens on low lvls with bad gear.

Nope… Just a glassy Ele.

Necromancer, Ranger, Warrior, Engineer
Champion: Phantom, Hunter, Legionnaire, Genius
WvW rank: Diamond Colonel | Maguuma

in WvW

Posted by: Chorazin.4107

Chorazin.4107

The damage is absolutely nutballs out there now lol, players are just auto exploding. It’s not good for anyone or your game to have players just auto die in a second.

Watched a vid of a burst mesmer dropping a 3200 armour 23k health Guard to 5k in a second. GG anet lulz, do they even test this stuff? Who honestly thinks that sort of play is a good idea?

Running our havoc group bursting targets from stealth they better hope they have an invuln and a ping of 20 to the server or they are going straight to down state. Almost to the point with quickness buff that it is pointless stomping, just cleave out on down target the amount of dps out there atm.

Chorazin
[lion]~ riperonis
[tRex]

in WvW

Posted by: T raw.4658

T raw.4658

I hit someone with a steal cnd BS combo for well over 24k

in WvW

Posted by: DeceiverX.8361

DeceiverX.8361

This isn’t anything new (notice the old trait system).

It’s the highest I’ve gotten recorded, however I’ve gone to 26k pre-patch. I’m not counting uplevels.

People seem to just be totally clueless that things like signet stab have always dealt crazy high damage. That video above is very far from all-in, either, and its stabs are far from optimized for damage. I think its just because so many other people are now roaming with glass cannon builds due to buffs to DPS setups, and have now innately lower toughness/hp from the loss from trait stat points, they’re finally realizing what it’s like to be playing a true glass cannon.

To put things into perspective on the flip side, I dueled a warrior which whirled me for 13k and arcing sliced me for another 10k.

Attachments:

in WvW

Posted by: Fallen.4317

Fallen.4317

Syndictive [Syn] #1 GvG Guild NA pre- Heart of Thorns
[Syn] Leader/Driver – Retired.

in WvW

Posted by: Terrahero.9358

Terrahero.9358

Sir, mesmers can do that kind of damage even quicker than a thief.

That doesn’t make it okay for Thieves.

This isnt about fixing only the single most OP/broken thing in the game, and everything else is left untouched. But that seems to be what people think.

Mesmers need a nerf, Engi’s need a fix, Thieves need a nerf, Necro’s need a nerf… Everyone really needs a nerf.

in WvW

Posted by: Shifu.4321

Shifu.4321

Off topic, PVT does higher damage than knight/cavalier due to the pitiful amounts of power that kind of armor has.

in WvW

Posted by: Dopamine.7502

Dopamine.7502

Damage simply is broken in WvW atm or anet just wants combat to be more arcade style. It barely makes any sense to run tanky as you still die waaaay to fast. Pre patch on my knights with zerker trinkets warrior + 0/0/6/6/2 no class could get me down in one burst. Zerker thiefs/Rangers could burst me below 50% but that usually gave me a window to use my CC and lock them down. My thoughness is still on the same level and only my health dropped by around 2/3K. Not even going to start about group fights because that is even more broken.

in WvW

Posted by: Extreme.8350

Extreme.8350

Off topic, PVT does higher damage than knight/cavalier due to the pitiful amounts of power that kind of armor has.

ok then its just ur class which is sucks rr theif and hf dont be a baby

in WvW

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

looks like game is working as intended since Anet wants every one to melt and zergs wiping each other at the first contact.

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

in WvW

Posted by: pepper.6179

pepper.6179

[SA]

in WvW

Posted by: Zero Day.2594

Zero Day.2594

Guys…
I was once “one shotted” by a warrior. He did 32,452 damage.

…..

It was across 10 hits but they were all at once for the most part. This patch is broken, fix it.

Thief Nerf/Change Wish List. Advice List
Join the TEEFs!

(edited by Zero Day.2594)

in WvW

Posted by: Smooth Penguin.5294

Smooth Penguin.5294

This thread’s title was changed to “4 shotted”. That means there’s no issue, since the damage was spread across multiple hits. Now it’s just a L2P issue of using evades and stun breaks.

In GW2, Trading Post plays you!

in WvW

mako.2431

A mod seriously changed my subject to read “four shotted”?! Wow. This all came at once, it was a one shot with four hits….all within nanoseconds of each other.

No doubt the mod who edited this plays a thief main. Amazing.

in WvW

mako.2431

This thread’s title was changed to “4 shotted”. That means there’s no issue, since the damage was spread across multiple hits. Now it’s just a L2P issue of using evades and stun breaks.

Give me a break. The guy was on me and hit me 4x in 1 second and downed me. I had absolutely no time to react at all, much less evade and stun break. You are talking out of your backside. The mods changed the subject, it was virtually a one shot, not literally. I could have lied and just said it was all in the same skill though. I put “one shot” in quotes for a reason.

in WvW

Posted by: DeceiverX.8361

DeceiverX.8361

Give me a break. The guy was on me and hit me 4x in 1 second and downed me. I had absolutely no time to react at all, much less evade and stun break. You are talking out of your backside. The mods changed the subject, it was virtually a one shot, not literally. I could have lied and just said it was all in the same skill though. I put “one shot” in quotes for a reason.

This is L2P, though. As my screenshot above proved, this damage is nothing new at all. If anything, damage from hyper-burst is lower than it used to be before the changes due to all the defensive bonuses given out. 18k over four hits is actually extremely low. A hasted hammer warrior can do the same if not better.

And people dodge and react to this all the time. As a thief that plays a build like this, skilled opponents will negate it, and I have learned to do the same in time when playing against pretty much any burst builds in general.

in WvW

Posted by: azym.4173

azym.4173

I don’t know why so many complaints about thief right now. Thief is not that OP compared to what else is going on right now. Play a thief and see how OP you think you are. The patch messed everything up maybe pre patch you got your heart broken by a thief but things are a little diff now. They deff need nerfs across the board.

in WvW

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

18K damage sounds low.

Twice yesterday I met the same thief which brought down 26K hp on my necro (1600 toughness, traited for 33% damage reduction at 50% hp with spectral armor of course) in the initial 2s of the “fight”, ie within stun. Just basilisk and burst from stealth. Saved both times by ds trait, bet he was crying how necro is OP and his thief is too weak.

in WvW

Posted by: Svarty.8019

Svarty.8019

This has always happened. PvP burst has always been dominant in 1v1 situations in WvW.

Thieves don’t have to change spec from PvP zone to WvW, so… well, good luck.

Nobody at Anet loves WvW like Grouch loved PvP. That’s what we need, a WvW Grouch, but taller.