Fractal material for wvwvw legendary armor?

in WvW

Posted by: pinkglow.3429

pinkglow.3429

I just glanced through the materials needed for legendary armor obtained through wvwvw and noticed they needed Cube of Stabilized Dark Energy? From what I understand the easiest way to obtain this is through running fractals?
And the ascended rings in wvwvw do not drop very often, or can be bought with laurels which takes a looong time and is quite expensive.
How do you guys work around this without having to run fractals?

in WvW

Posted by: FogLeg.9354

FogLeg.9354

Ascended trinkets drop sometimes in WvW.

(edited by FogLeg.9354)

in WvW

Posted by: pinkglow.3429

pinkglow.3429

Where? How? I’ve had birthday booster and played quite a bit and still only a ascended ring :/ One friend no ascended at all and other just a ring or so as well even though spending several evenings there

in WvW

Posted by: Malerian.8435

Malerian.8435

Ya I have multiple ascended rings and trinkets that drop all the time in WvW. It is a lot easier for me than taking time running through fractals. Also you can make good gold in WvW as well. So why even go to fractals unless you enjoy them.

in WvW

Posted by: Strider Pj.2193

Strider Pj.2193

To answer your question a little further: yes, fractals is the easiest and quickest way.

It will take longer waiting for drops especially if your MF isn’t very high.

I get a ring a week. I haven’t had accessories drop yet. Only rings and armor/weapons

Like the GoB for legendary weapons needing WvW for Primary PvE players, they evidently want a little cross playing for legendary items. At least you can get in WvW.

Laurels: you can get upwards of 55 laurels each 28 days played. Which would get you 2 rings per month.

in WvW

Posted by: Hesacon.8735

Hesacon.8735

They’re freely tradable in the trading post and you can buy and salvage rings using laurels if you enjoy wasting laurels.

Fractals, like wvw, take place in the mists. So spiritually they’re next door neighbors.

in WvW

Posted by: XenesisII.1540

XenesisII.1540

Ascended trinkets drop pretty much every day in WvW.

How many ascended trinkets have dropped for you the past 30 days?

Another derailing post. ^^
North Keep: One of the village residents will now flee if their home is destroyed.
“I knew it, I’m surrounded by…” – Dark Helmet

in WvW

Posted by: Hesacon.8735

Hesacon.8735

Personally I get one every other month.

in WvW

Strider Pj.2193

They’re freely tradable in the trading post and you can buy and salvage rings using laurels if you enjoy wasting laurels.

Fractals, like wvw, take place in the mists. So spiritually they’re next door neighbors.

So true on the laurels. I would rather hold them or hold convert them.

in WvW

Posted by: rotsono.9176

rotsono.9176

Trinkets drop in wvw? i only know armor and weapon chests and rings never had anything else.

in WvW

Posted by: Zalavaaris.5329

Zalavaaris.5329

You get the material 100% when salvaging ascended armor and weapons. If you haven’t gotten any to drop you can craft. There’s zero requirement to go into fractals. Hope this helps!

in WvW

Posted by: Rangerdeity.5847

Rangerdeity.5847

Ya I have multiple ascended rings and trinkets that drop all the time in WvW. It is a lot easier for me than taking time running through fractals. Also you can make good gold in WvW as well. So why even go to fractals unless you enjoy them.

good gold? you mean semi sorta okish gold the gold from resources you get in bags towers and broken down gear dont even compare to the gold you get from PvE farming PvP chest farming.

in WvW

Posted by: TheOneWhoSighs.7513

TheOneWhoSighs.7513

It only takes one ball of dark energy. By the time you can craft the legendary armor, you’ll have gotten an ascended drop or two in WvW.

I’ve gotten an accessory & ring in the past 2 weeks playing WvW. Not nearly as many as you’d get playing Fractals for the same amount of time I play WvW, but you can certainly fulfill that requirement with WvW & the TP for the stabilizing matrixes.

Tbh, though. You really should get into PvE content anyway.

Daily fractals are really good gold, have a pretty high drop rate of asceneded items in my experience, and you can spend your relics, pages, + a few crafted grand masters marks to get ascended armor with choosable stats.

And PoF stats will undoubtedly be added into the pool for choosable stats for fractals eventually. Probably not at launch, but it’ll be there.

“Unused Development Initiative. We care so much
about your feedback, that we don’t even read it.” ~ Crystal Suzuki

(edited by TheOneWhoSighs.7513)

in WvW

Posted by: Aury.1367

Aury.1367

I got like 10 rings and 2 ascended armor chests. You get that stuff alot from reward tracks and the pip-chests.

in WvW

Posted by: Celsith.2753

Celsith.2753

Telling people to rely on random rng drops is ridiculous. To give the other side of that coin, i’m maxed magic find, gain double figure ranks a day in wvw, wvw enough to diamond 6/6 both of my accounts weekly, and ive seen one ascended ring drop in the past several months. That’s all. Having to pve for a wvw legendary item or hope you are one of the lucky ones with the rng god is beyond bad design.

Predatory Instinct [HUNT]
Thundercat Snarf – Thief

in WvW

Posted by: XenesisII.1540

XenesisII.1540

I got like 10 rings and 2 ascended armor chests. You get that stuff alot from reward tracks and the pip-chests.

You must have bought some magical unicorn horseshoes from the gemstore, cause that’s probably a years worth of playtime not 30 days.

Another derailing post. ^^
North Keep: One of the village residents will now flee if their home is destroyed.
“I knew it, I’m surrounded by…” – Dark Helmet

in WvW

Posted by: SWI.4127

SWI.4127

IIRC you don’t even get the balls of dark energy from ascended rings. I think there’s a very small chance from the other trinkets, then a guaranteed chance from any armor or weapon you salvage. Just craft a cheap one-handed weapon and salvage it. Really not high of a price to pay considering you are crafting a legendary. The stabilizing matrices, you can buy off the trading post if you really really don’t want to do PvE.

in WvW

Posted by: Zalavaaris.5329

Zalavaaris.5329

Telling people to rely on random rng drops is ridiculous. To give the other side of that coin, i’m maxed magic find, gain double figure ranks a day in wvw, wvw enough to diamond 6/6 both of my accounts weekly, and ive seen one ascended ring drop in the past several months. That’s all. Having to pve for a wvw legendary item or hope you are one of the lucky ones with the rng god is beyond bad design.

Well again, there is no need to pve for these. Just craft them and salvage.

in WvW

Posted by: FogLeg.9354

FogLeg.9354

I have played only about 10 days in WvW after returning from the break, couple hours each day. I have got 4 trinkets and ascended weapon chest.

Sorry, I have no idea what my magic find is (guessing, low) and I do not use any boosts.

(edited by FogLeg.9354)

in WvW

Posted by: Bridget Morrigan.1752

Bridget Morrigan.1752

Not to get this back on topic or anything, but no, you don’t need to do fractals to get it, nor is it even likely to be the easiest.

You can get the ascended salvage tool for skirmish claim tickets and memories of battle. You can acquire an ascended weapon or piece of armor in a variety of ways for the ball of dark energy, and I don’t think farming up fractal levels until one drops is probably the most efficient, time-wise. You don’t want to use a trinket because the drop rate is too low. You can just buy the stabilizing matrices.

This way is probably not the cheapest way, but it bypasses the bulk of the grinding in an area that you don’t want to play.

in WvW

Posted by: Rangerdeity.5847

Rangerdeity.5847

You must have bought some magical unicorn horseshoes from the gemstore, cause that’s probably a years worth of playtime not 30 days.

or a blatant lie

in WvW

Posted by: DemonSeed.3528

DemonSeed.3528

You must be swimming in them if it’s every day. Also, trinkets? I’ve only had armor/wep/rings drop. Accessory/amulets have not dropped for me ever. Anyone get those from wvw before?

(edited by DemonSeed.3528)

in WvW

Posted by: Aury.1367

Aury.1367

I was talking about rings and occasional chests. Thats not worth years of playtime. People usually throw ascended rings away. I have them clogging up one box in my bank, everything doubled: trash. And most ppl I know have the same problem.

in WvW

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

No they don’t, and the chance of getting the material from trinkets is very low anyway.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

in WvW

Posted by: Malerian.8435

Malerian.8435

They do drop in WvW. At least for me. So maybe I am just lucky. Not everyday mind you, but I do get the occasional few every month.

in WvW

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

They do drop in WvW. At least for me. So maybe I am just lucky. Not everyday mind you, but I do get the occasional few every month.

I didn’t say they didn’t drop, even with my poor rng they do drop, its just not remotely close to every day.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

in WvW

Strider Pj.2193

And only armor/ weapon boxes and rings drop. Accessories and amulets might pop in a tank chest, but now in any other box.

Still note they can be bought from the TP, (the actual matrices) and fractals are truly the fastest way.

in WvW

Posted by: Tyaen.5148

Tyaen.5148

I just glanced through the materials needed for legendary armor obtained through wvwvw and noticed they needed Cube of Stabilized Dark Energy? From what I understand the easiest way to obtain this is through running fractals?
And the ascended rings in wvwvw do not drop very often, or can be bought with laurels which takes a looong time and is quite expensive.
How do you guys work around this without having to run fractals?

Buy the matrix’s on the TP and maybe I’m lucky but I do have plenty of duplicate and unused Ascended gear from WvW drops.

Tyyaen – Engineer (80) [SS]
http://camelotunchained.com/v3/

in WvW

Posted by: Klipso.8653

Klipso.8653

Ascended gear has not been fractal exclusive for a long time.

in WvW

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

On (very) rare occasions you’ll get Ascended armor/weapon box drops from WvW (usually from reward tracks). Those will give you a guaranteed Ball of Dark Energy if you salvage it. Buy the Stabilizing Matrices off the TP and make your Cube with those.

in WvW

Posted by: dzeRnumbrd.6129

dzeRnumbrd.6129

10 rings will take about 2-3 months to accumulate.

I generally get 1 every 1 or so.

Chests are significantly rarer.

I play Reaper and do fairly high DPS so I imagine I proc a lot more rng than someone playing support’y roles.

in WvW

Posted by: dzeRnumbrd.6129

dzeRnumbrd.6129

10 rings will take about 2-3 months to accumulate.

I generally get 1 every week or so.

Chests are significantly rarer.

I play Reaper and do fairly high DPS so I imagine I proc a lot more rng than someone playing support’y roles.