Free Server Transfering Is Ruining WvW...

in WvW

Posted by: Felgor.9341

Felgor.9341

Just what the title says…

Felgor [GoTF]
Level 80 Asura Guardian
Jade Quarry

in WvW

Posted by: Discord.1543

Discord.1543

probably been 100 posts just like this one, but since it’s on the first page, I’ll post too that I agree. this is a mess. if they aren’t going to stop this free transfer abuse by massive zerg recruit low skill guilds that can’t rank properly otherwise, they should at least implement something like a 1 week delay after transfer to be able to WvW. They talk about the free transfers as though it’s a convenient alternative to their guesting system, but the guesting system doesn’t allow WvW, for this very reason.

in WvW

Posted by: Mif.3471

Mif.3471

As much as I love WvW, I’m just about ready to sit out until they stop free transfers.

Tarnished Coast | Best cookies in all of Tyria

(edited by Mif.3471)

in WvW

Posted by: Arlandino.7513

Arlandino.7513

I keep hearing that it will balance itself out, its self correcting, blahblahblah

That’s all well and good but if something is going to take over 2 months to self correct you can count on losing a lot of players in the process. A lot of people probably quit logging in as opposed to transfering. The ones continually transfering will quit when thats fixed.

I log in for about a half hour now before I have had enough of the BS. I play this game for the WvW if its not going to be even remotely fun, I’ll just go do something else. I dont feel like hopping servers to have fun.

in WvW

Posted by: nukeyoo.9516

nukeyoo.9516

Just think of all the subscriptions they’re going to lose because of this…… oh wait

in WvW

Posted by: Arlandino.7513

Arlandino.7513

subsciptions or not, losing players means less micro transactions, less people playing means dead servers at some point. People will also be less likely to buy the next expansion either. It’s all relative.

in WvW

Posted by: Thrym.9436

Thrym.9436

I have to agree. I transferred today(no, I didn’t bring a boatload of guildies with me) for the simple reason that yesterday I was on a server that didn’t hold a single tower in WvW and hadn’t in that round…….when log in time came today, we where already getting flat out stomped(score was 5000/1500/500, with us at the low end) and was progressively getting worse.

I felt a little bad giving up on the underdog, but simply put, I don’t want to play that way. When population is that unbalanced, it’s not a matter of harder fights or ekeing out a place, it’s a simple matter of “we run around taking points and killing Dolyaks while they tromp all the keeps and towers, steamrolling our little group at their leisure”……which then degenerates into “I wonder if I can even get out of the portal keep today”.

So I switched to a server that actually has a population. I finished my monthly, and proceeded to quadruple my total WvW kill count in about two hours.

Small servers will have to be merged, and further transfer will have to be paid for in order to even this out, in my opinion.

in WvW

Posted by: LOCO.1785

LOCO.1785

What happened to free transfers for the first week only?

If you wanted to know why free transfers are a bad idea, just take a look at the state of WvW. The balance is so out of whack, it’s just a joke. Why all these idiotic guilds thought it would be a great idea to totally screw a major part of the game is beyond me.

GG

in WvW

Posted by: Discord.1543

Discord.1543

“Why all these idiotic guilds thought it would be a great idea to totally screw a major part of the game is beyond me.”

Because any time you can gain an unfair advantage by exploiting a game mechanic, it’s much easier than actually competing against people of similar skill levels and a balanced number of players. As far as I can tell, the vast majority are lame zerg guilds that think they are elite, but can’t actually hack it on even footing, so need to stroke their -ego- the only way they can.

in WvW

Posted by: Svarty.8019

Svarty.8019

I concur with the OP.

Nobody at Anet loves WvW like Grouch loved PvP. That’s what we need, a WvW Grouch, but taller.

in WvW

Posted by: Emikodesuyo.5941

Emikodesuyo.5941

Same here. WvW here on RoF is absolutely NO fun. We’re up against way too overpopulated servers and our PvP guilds left. Even mine is thinking about leaving even though we are against server transfer. Just because of the fact that they managed to get a full PvP guild in PvE doing jumping puzzles because we can’t even get out of our spawn in WvW.

Tsukinoo – Guardian
Second Law [Scnd], Baruch Bay

in WvW

Posted by: Ishtar.6457

Ishtar.6457

I am guessing server merger soon if this keeps happening. just look at ET and HoD.
ET was one of the strongest and busiest T1 server, now on medium population full of bots with a no show even on T3 match in wvw.
It could happen to your server too, the curse of T1 & T2.
Be careful of what your server wish for.

in WvW

Posted by: Walabone.6713

Walabone.6713

WvW is complete broken, imo, due to server transfers. It is utterly unplayable for both servers that are roflstomping as well as those who are getting stomped. This is a severe problem for the game, since WvW is essentially the end game of GW2 – and the end game is unplayable. Hence, I’m not playing your game, because I have absolutely no desire to do WvW with these kitteny match ups. Go back to 1 day matches or something cause ANet clearly kittened up – at least let me have fun in the game. There’s no reason at all to do week long matches as long as free server transfers exist.

Also find a fix for Queues. It’s a complex problem, but it’s absurd that the game is completely unplayable for me or my guildies on reset nights because of prohibitively long Q times. People set aside large amounts of time and family life to get a chance to play with their friends on Friday nights. And then are utterly disappointed. Absolutely terrible.

Walabone – Borlis Pass
Ascension [WAR] Officer | [ÆÆÆÆ] | Driver of BP’s GvG guild [BB]

in WvW

Posted by: Vrumpt.1072

Vrumpt.1072

free transfers should have been cancelled like a month ago.

And yes, free server transfers have already killed WvW. Its not that they will, its already done. This ranking system is great but it doesn’t account for the fact that entire populations hop around multiple tiers, essentially making rankings worthless.