Free Transfers!

Free Transfers!

in WvW

Posted by: Deli.1302

Deli.1302

CD has lost guilds but you know what? We are in the same exact position we were in months ago right at the start of season 1 even after losing over half a dozen guilds.

Yes, but if your competitors are also bleeding guilds to T1/T2 – and I’m fairly sure that applies to pretty much everyone south of Dragonbrand these days – then that’s not really saying much.

Both of you are wrong. The reason CD has stayed in the same position since Season 1 was because all 4 mass exoduses happened before it.

No, we lost 2 major guilds that were good people [KA] and [Tofu] post seasons. We lost a couple havoc groups that were kinda there sometimes and kinda not. that was post season for CD. The gap between t3 and t4 is huge, t4/t5 probably not as bad. These were home grown guilds which stung a bit.

The guilds we lost pre season weren’t really home grown, they came in taught us some new tricks and gave us an umph.

Losing 2 guilds several weeks apart is not an implosion. Losing multiple within 1-2 weeks is an implosion.

Free Transfers!

in WvW

Posted by: Andrew Clear.1750

Andrew Clear.1750

Free transfers are good for the low servers, I just hope people have learned their lesson about stacking and bandwagoning, it never ends well.

You mean like being rewarded with Edge of the Mists so that waiting in queues isn’t such an unpleasant problem?

What queues? Event t1 doesn’t queue all maps most the time.

Free Transfers!

in WvW

Andrew Clear.1750

CD has lost guilds but you know what? We are in the same exact position we were in months ago right at the start of season 1 even after losing over half a dozen guilds.

Yes, but if your competitors are also bleeding guilds to T1/T2 – and I’m fairly sure that applies to pretty much everyone south of Dragonbrand these days – then that’s not really saying much.

Both of you are wrong. The reason CD has stayed in the same position since Season 1 was because all 4 mass exoduses happened before it.

No, we lost 2 major guilds that were good people [KA] and [Tofu] post seasons. We lost a couple havoc groups that were kinda there sometimes and kinda not. that was post season for CD. The gap between t3 and t4 is huge, t4/t5 probably not as bad. These were home grown guilds which stung a bit.

The guilds we lost pre season weren’t really home grown, they came in taught us some new tricks and gave us an umph.

Losing 2 guilds several weeks apart is not an implosion. Losing multiple within 1-2 weeks is an implosion.

I doubt the gap between t3 and t4 is that big anymore. SoR isn’t even t9 at this point, and DB is t2.

We, on SBI, don’t really know what we are, but we were beating BP each match, but I don’t really count that cause we had big brother Maguuma stomping both of us.

Since BP lost LOST, we probably will do better than them, and I think our overnight presence will be what would decide the match with IoJ (we did lose OLAF to Mag, since they purcahsed OLAF from us).

So, we are eager to see how we actually compare to other servers, cause so far, we are outnumbered by Bandwagon server #5 and we outnumber Mass exodus server #1.

Bandwagoning kills communities, and I wonder how many guilds are gonna hop off of TC, SoS, DB, Mag, and FA during and after season 2 based on the pressures of winning, and the drama is causes (that is what broke SBI).

Sorry SoR, but you are in a really bad place right now. I respect everyone that has stayed with the server through all that has happened.

Free Transfers!

in WvW

Posted by: mango.9267

mango.9267

I doubt the gap between t3 and t4 is that big anymore. SoR isn’t even t9 at this point, and DB is t2.

We, on SBI, don’t really know what we are, but we were beating BP each match, but I don’t really count that cause we had big brother Maguuma stomping both of us.

Since BP lost LOST, we probably will do better than them, and I think our overnight presence will be what would decide the match with IoJ (we did lose OLAF to Mag, since they purcahsed OLAF from us).

So, we are eager to see how we actually compare to other servers, cause so far, we are outnumbered by Bandwagon server #5 and we outnumber Mass exodus server #1.

Bandwagoning kills communities, and I wonder how many guilds are gonna hop off of TC, SoS, DB, Mag, and FA during and after season 2 based on the pressures of winning, and the drama is causes (that is what broke SBI).

Sorry SoR, but you are in a really bad place right now. I respect everyone that has stayed with the server through all that has happened.

Tbh, I doubt T2 will crash and burn. The WvW population is just shrinking, so in order to get the same fights you got a year ago, you kinda have to transfer to a T3+ server. If for no other reason than this, the T2 servers will probably see a steady stream of transfers as WvW gets emptier and emptier in the lower tiers.

Second Child

Free Transfers!

in WvW

Posted by: ThunderPanda.1872

ThunderPanda.1872

and I’ll keep feeling sorry for SOR for the weeks to come, as they get stomped in season 2, and I’ll respect anyone who stays after the next few weeks.

Send me 1000g and I will stop trolling WvW forum.
I have a dream – Our Anet Senpai will make WvW Great Again!
WvW Forum is more competitive than WvW

Free Transfers!

in WvW

Posted by: K U T M.4539

K U T M.4539

oh wow thats pretty exciting actually

let nsp into bronze this time, they got the butt end of silver in s1!

As they are currently, it would probably be really competitive with them there.

Basic [BS] NSP/Mag

Free Transfers!

in WvW

Posted by: clint.5681

clint.5681

Nah I think it’s about time for the SF hate train to revive itself. Gonna be kinda hard without the match up forums tho

Rangir Dangir – Ranger | Mr. Ragr- Guardian| Sneak Stab – Thief | Mr. Ragir- Warrior
[url=https://] [/url]

Free Transfers!

in WvW

Posted by: Chris.3290

Chris.3290

TC is now a contender for #1 so they’ll probably stick around post-season. The only high ranked servers on implosion watch is whichever server ends up at #7. If DB embarrasses itself when they go to tier 2, they’ll be written off as a destination for serious WvW transfers.
If FA or Mag drops down you can expect many to transfer off for the season and you can’t be sure they’d come back.
I’m not sure how SoS would handle it but it’s hard to see that happening with current scores.

Free Transfers!

in WvW

Posted by: Gravy.7589

Gravy.7589

As posted earlier SBI just need a few more guilds to stabilize us for the upcoming season. 2 decent sized NA guilds and we fine. Don’t expect anyone to beat DB in silver or FA if they fall, as the numbers are so greatly skewed in their favor. Happens when everyone nuthugs in the top two tiers. The ques tier 1/2 will see during the season should be interesting as large amounts of achievement seekers will be clogging up your maps.

Free Transfers!

in WvW

Posted by: Loosmaster.8263

Loosmaster.8263

I might head back to DR, my original home server. Being in a T1 server since Season 1 has really been no advantage other than map completion. If it does become free, going to rebuild my old guild.

Tacktical Killers [TK]
We’re looking for players.
PM me here or ING.

Free Transfers!

in WvW

Posted by: Jyeoi.6027

Jyeoi.6027

(that is what broke SBI).

Bent, not broken.

We are in a similar place before the start of Season 1. Will history repeat itself? 18Mar onwards will reveal…

Yulo – Champions of Stormbluff [SBI]

Free Transfers!

in WvW

Posted by: Sleepybyz.5432

Sleepybyz.5432

I can top all these post’s and not because of pride of the server but because of a Broken Heart My sister bought this game for $64 to play with me PVE PVP and WVW She bought this game then my homeworld server Blackgate was Full everytime it opened she tried to transfer she deleted her lvl 20 Character 3 times To try to get in but when she got to the transfer screen every time it was full SO THERE WENT FREE so then she paid $20 to get in when she saw it was open one day right after buying the gems and logging out to transfer it was full Talk about a pain in the butt. So I was like you know what I will leave my Guild in Blackgate and just join Jade Quarry Because it’s always Open I have no interest in joining Jade Quarry really seeing is how Blackgate and Jade Quarry are enemies, However playing this game with my sister which I know in REAL LIFE not just a game is more important to me. So I spent $20 to transfer and Turned 66 Gold into 800 Gems to make 2400 gems I didn’t realize I would have that much ha ha not so good at math ANYWAYS when I went back to transfer Of Course it was full And has been ever sense I have been logging on all night and My sister has been watching all day since we both bought the The gems neither has opened now I sent a ticket a private message and This post you see before you In hopes that one day I can join my sister on Jade Quarry and Play WvW with her for now I just have been Guesting Jade Quarry everyday and doing Dungeons with her and PVP with her. LOL and all these people are trying to Switch back and forth into servers for FREE.

(edited by Sleepybyz.5432)

Free Transfers!

in WvW

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

YB had a good ride in the last league system. If we do plummet we can do it together.

In the end it only worked against us making 2nd place in Silver League. The reward for putting in overtime and giving our all was a silly reward chest and having to face stronger servers for months afterwards, causing all remaining WvW guilds to eventually leave for greener pastures. Those of us who are left on YB won’t be able to repeat the success of season 1, and i think there are very few people who actually care what result we will get. Season 1 killed WvW on YB.

Something worth mentioning is the incredible turnout YB was able to get from their PvE players. At the beginning SBI, YB and BP were all pretty evenly matched. SBI got stronger from transfers, BP pretty much stayed where it was but YB managed to create a passionate defense force from their non-WvW players. What your server did should be an inspiration to other servers and matches… course with sub-par rewards that may be difficult to repeat.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

Free Transfers!

in WvW

Posted by: styx.7294

styx.7294

I can top all these post’s and not because of pride of the server but because of a Broken Heart My sister bought this game for $64 to play with me PVE PVP and WVW She bought this game then my homeworld server Blackgate was Full everytime it opened she tried to transfer she deleted her lvl 20 Character 3 times To try to get in but when she got to the transfer screen every time it was full SO THERE WENT FREE so then she paid $20 to get in when she saw it was open one day right after buying the gems and logging out to transfer it was full Talk about a pain in the kitten . So I was like you know what I will leave my Guild in Blackgate and just join Jade Quarry Because it’s always Open I have no interest in joining Jade Quarry really seeing is how Blackgate and Jade Quarry are enemies, However playing this game with my sister which I know in REAL LIFE not just a game is more important to me. So I spent $20 to transfer and Turned 66 Gold into 800 Gems to make 2400 gems I didn’t realize I would have that much ha ha not so good at math ANYWAYS when I went back to transfer Of Course it was full And has been ever sense I have been logging on all night and My sister has been watching all day since we both bought the The gems neither has opened now I sent a ticket a private message and This post you see before you In hopes that one day I can join my sister on Jade Quarry and Play WvW with her for now I just have been Guesting Jade Quarry everyday and doing Dungeons with her and PVP with her. LOL and all these people are trying to Switch back and forth into servers for FREE.

Man, that’s rough luck.

My brother and I are on a server that isn’t near full, heh.

Gate of Madness

Free Transfers!

in WvW

Posted by: Chuck Zitto.2367

Chuck Zitto.2367

I am still a little confused about this new tourny set up. So It looks like my server DB is probably gonna be ranked 6th going into the tourny. Does that mean we will face 2 other gold league servers who have much greater coverage then us the first week and lose. Then the second week we face 2 more gold league servers who lost the first week and lose again cus they still have much greater coverage then us and so on and so forth for 9 weeks. Or will at some point we will get to face a silver or bronze league server and get a win?

Free Transfers!

in WvW

styx.7294

I am still a little confused about this new tourny set up. So It looks like my server DB is probably gonna be ranked 6th going into the tourny. Does that mean we will face 2 other gold league servers who have much greater coverage then us the first week and lose. Then the second week we face 2 more gold league servers who lost the first week and lose again cus they still have much greater coverage then us and so on and so forth for 9 weeks. Or will at some point we will get to face a silver or bronze league server and get a win?

You stay in gold league for the entire season. If you’re the smallest server in the league, you probably will lose a lot.

The transfers may change up who is smaller and who is bigger.

Gate of Madness

Free Transfers!

in WvW

Posted by: zen.6091

zen.6091

If DB ends up with the last slot in gold league, it means you’ll be pounded for 9 straight weeks by the other 5 gold league servers and won’t win a single match, possibly not even be close to placing second.

Free Transfers!

in WvW

Chuck Zitto.2367

You stay in gold league for the entire season. If you’re the smallest server in the league, you probably will lose a lot.

Thanks for the clerification. Well looks like league will be the same as last time for me when I was on DR and we lost every week.

Free Transfers!

in WvW

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

I am still a little confused about this new tourny set up. So It looks like my server DB is probably gonna be ranked 6th going into the tourny.

At this point it looks like DB has about a 49.9% chance of being in Gold league (the RNG will actually decide and that is a tossup).

If they do go into Gold league, they will face T1 and T2 servers only for 9 weeks. Given the current rankings DB will probably never win a week. A simple projection based on current standings (5 points for a win, 3 for 2nd and 1 for last across 9 weeks) would look like this:

JQ – 45
SoS – 29
TC – 27
Mag – 27
BG – 25
DB – 9

Whichever server between FA, DB or Mags (unlikely but possible) lands in Silver, they will blow out Silver and coast to easy wins probably every week.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

Free Transfers!

in WvW

Chris.3290

There are pros and cons for DB in trying for Gold.

Pros: With Tier 1 completely FULL; people looking to move up will be looking at Tier 2. Everyone knows that DB has a powerful SEA group that plays well into early EU. That makes DB NA an attractive move. If DB can prove to people that they are serious about WvW and not a fairweather PvD server; then they will grow and will be competitive in Tier 2.
If you need examples, look at Maguuma. They add KH (late NA/early OCX) during the first season, and have grown a lot since in coverage. They were attractive because they played hard. Likewise, whoever the #7 server is will have hardcore WvW guilds looking for a new home. The former #7 server will be an attractive choice.
Likewise SoS went from having a T4 NA to now being called a T1.5 server.
Compare to FA and SBI which both tanked down to Silver. SBI is a shell of it’s pre-season self and FA is bleeding guilds despite heroic efforts by it’s NA.

Cons: The Season will be brutal. You will lose every match, you will lose every match by amounts so bad that they will have to change the scoring to a logarithmic value. Though there is a lot of potential for gains, there is no guarantee or promises that can be made.

Free Transfers!

in WvW

Gravy.7589

If DB gets into gold half their population will stop showing up. They have a huge fairweather pop. How exactly is FA bleeding guilds? Please enlighten us. Lol

Free Transfers!

in WvW

Chris.3290

They lost MEOW last week and now they’ve lost SERN, both to Maguuma.

Free Transfers!

in WvW

Gravy.7589

That’s some serious off hour numbers. DB to gold it is. Sorry FA.

Free Transfers!

in WvW

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

Lol 2400 gems for a server transfer + 2 week ban from the maps. Did anet forget some dailies are impossible to do on the eotm map?

This is ridiculous considering there is a lack of players in WvW. How is this going to help the game? If you ban me for 2 weeks from WvW I’ll probably never come back (unless you add a GvG game mode).

Free Transfers!

in WvW

Posted by: Snowreap.5174

Snowreap.5174

“It’s your fault you’re on a dead server, so we’re penalizing you for trying to improve your gameplay.”

I know that’s not what Arenanet intended, but it sure feels that way.

-ken

The Purge [PURG] – Ehmry Bay

(edited by Snowreap.5174)

Free Transfers!

in WvW

Posted by: Phlogus.2371

Phlogus.2371

Devonas Rest has fought hard to establish a core group of WvW guilds after multiple exodus waves. We have worked to bring people out of our PVE population and get them into the fight. We have trained new players and are growing. We are using the same leadership and community framework to build organized play on PVE and WvW without detracting from either side. We have a fighting chance to make a substantial climb in the tournament and come out near the top. I see a lot of posts about the burn out in the tournaments and I will tell you now we are hard and we will fight. Use your free transfer opportunity to move to Devonas Rest climb with us.

Phlogustus Male Char DD Ele
Molen Labe Female Human Necro
Devonas Rest – Black Rose Legion -CF4L

Free Transfers!

in WvW

Andrew Clear.1750

There are pros and cons for DB in trying for Gold.

Pros: With Tier 1 completely FULL; people looking to move up will be looking at Tier 2. Everyone knows that DB has a powerful SEA group that plays well into early EU. That makes DB NA an attractive move. If DB can prove to people that they are serious about WvW and not a fairweather PvD server; then they will grow and will be competitive in Tier 2.
If you need examples, look at Maguuma. They add KH (late NA/early OCX) during the first season, and have grown a lot since in coverage. They were attractive because they played hard. Likewise, whoever the #7 server is will have hardcore WvW guilds looking for a new home. The former #7 server will be an attractive choice.
Likewise SoS went from having a T4 NA to now being called a T1.5 server.
Compare to FA and SBI which both tanked down to Silver. SBI is a shell of it’s pre-season self and FA is bleeding guilds despite heroic efforts by it’s NA.

Cons: The Season will be brutal. You will lose every match, you will lose every match by amounts so bad that they will have to change the scoring to a logarithmic value. Though there is a lot of potential for gains, there is no guarantee or promises that can be made.

Didn’t they add KH a few months ago?

Also, SBI tanked down for the first season? Don’t you remember we were battling Mag for the last spot in gold, and Mag put in overtime to be able to eek into that final spot. You should remember, cause SoR was even helping us in our match up with you, trying to get us into Gold.

Yes, we aren’t the same now, since your server and all the other servers above us (with probably the exception of BG) have received a lot of our members (and Mag even bought some).

And, if you think some of these members that transferred are going to stay around while losing, and the drama starts, think again. They are going to just move up again.

SoR dropped like a rock, so don’t think that TC, FA, MAG, SoS, or DB are safe from a mass exodus based on the season to come.

Looks like DB will stay silver, cause they will move up after this week, get spanked, and move back down.

Free Transfers!

in WvW

Posted by: Reslinal.2359

Reslinal.2359

I can top all these post’s and not because of pride of the server but because of a Broken Heart My sister bought this game for $64 to play with me PVE PVP and WVW She bought this game then my homeworld server Blackgate was Full everytime it opened she tried to transfer she deleted her lvl 20 Character 3 times To try to get in but when she got to the transfer screen every time it was full SO THERE WENT FREE so then she paid $20 to get in when she saw it was open one day right after buying the gems and logging out to transfer it was full Talk about a pain in the butt. So I was like you know what I will leave my Guild in Blackgate and just join Jade Quarry Because it’s always Open I have no interest in joining Jade Quarry really seeing is how Blackgate and Jade Quarry are enemies, However playing this game with my sister which I know in REAL LIFE not just a game is more important to me. So I spent $20 to transfer and Turned 66 Gold into 800 Gems to make 2400 gems I didn’t realize I would have that much ha ha not so good at math ANYWAYS when I went back to transfer Of Course it was full And has been ever sense I have been logging on all night and My sister has been watching all day since we both bought the The gems neither has opened now I sent a ticket a private message and This post you see before you In hopes that one day I can join my sister on Jade Quarry and Play WvW with her for now I just have been Guesting Jade Quarry everyday and doing Dungeons with her and PVP with her. LOL and all these people are trying to Switch back and forth into servers for FREE.

I am sorry about you and your sister. I think both of you should just transfer to a T2 server, they also have lots of people and seems to have a nice rivalry between the servers there. All T1 servers, including TC, may stay full in the near future.

Blackgate Engineer

Free Transfers!

in WvW

Posted by: geekanerd.4123

geekanerd.4123

SoR is going to be a miserable place for WvW for the next few months. Even more so than it is now. We won’t fall fast enough to get into a bronze (which is where SoR, in my opinion, has a shot at being competitive) and we won’t be able to get reduced or free transfers. Basically, anybody who might be interested in a rebuild would have to pay 2400 gems to be curbstomped until May. I don’t know if there are any masochists with holes in their hearts deep enough for that kind of abuse.

[DIE] – FA
“Is it uplevel ranger season yet?”

Free Transfers!

in WvW

styx.7294

Thanks for the clerification. Well looks like league will be the same as last time for me when I was on DR and we lost every week.

Kinda shows that to transfer away ’cause you lose every week is pointless?

Gate of Madness

Free Transfers!

in WvW

Posted by: SniffyCube.6107

SniffyCube.6107

As someone from a lower tier server, I want to thank anet for this. There hasn’t been much incentive to pay 1800 gems to go to the lower tier to try it out. I hope this lets people come down and see how fun the fights really are.

We’ll see how well this works but I really appreciate the effort.

The Black Tides
[TBT]
Èl Cid

(edited by SniffyCube.6107)

Free Transfers!

in WvW

Posted by: Mysteriax.6049

Mysteriax.6049

Gate of Madness is definitely a server worth paying the 800 gems for. Our server is not purposely tanking, so the people here stay true to GOM. The cost to transfer is worth the gems. We have a strong community and great gameplay!

Check this out:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/wuv/recruitment/An-argument-for-800-gems/first#post3750073

Bad Axxe
Blissful Epidemic [Blis]
Gate of Madness

Free Transfers!

in WvW

Posted by: Norin Swift.6342

Norin Swift.6342

If you like fights, come to Kaineng. We’re frequently outnumbered, HAVE to fight to defend what we can hold, never have queues, and small groups of people can make a huge difference in PPT.

If PPT and “winning” the week-long match is your thing, then Kaineng probably isn’t the server for you. But if you thrive on adversity and want your individual actions to have great impact, then we can provide that in spades.

I think the free transfers are a good plan on Anet’s part to start dealing with population balance. Tiered transfer rates for several months straight would certainly be more helpful, but this is certainly a step in the right direction from our server’s standpoint.

I would love to see Kaineng get some transfers, but am hesitant to get any bandwagoners – many of us know where that leads. But if you’re looking for a new home, are willing to stick around to rebuild, and enjoy a persistent WvW challenge, then we have a dedicated WvW community that you would be welcome to join.

Thorin Graf – Leader of The League of Tyrian Adventurers [LoTA]

Free Transfers!

in WvW

Posted by: Mercer.5307

Mercer.5307

Any free transfer servers with a decent night WvW scene? I normally hit up WvW at like 8PM-2AM CST. I’m not looking for an easy server, I love a challenge but I don’t want to be solo roaming or with like 4-5 other people. I’m hoping to go to one of the higher ups as I’m currently in a 20-24 server.

Free Transfers!

in WvW

Posted by: kRAVen.4195

kRAVen.4195

Crystal Desert and HoD have the higher populations in the 13-15 spots at your time. HoD is a single zerg/karma train server type of server that will cause 25 stacks of boredom when you face them. Come to CD. We offer the greatest mix of everything.

Free Transfers!

in WvW

Posted by: Mercer.5307

Mercer.5307

Crystal Desert and HoD have the higher populations in the 13-15 spots at your time. HoD is a single zerg/karma train server type of server that will cause 25 stacks of boredom when you face them. Come to CD. We offer the greatest mix of everything.

Alright, nice. Thanks for the info, I’ll definitely consider CD then.

Free Transfers!

in WvW

Posted by: katniss.6735

katniss.6735

Maguuma’s the best bang for your buck right now if you’re oceanic/sea. We can handle 100s more players in this time-slot before queue times even register. We actually try to hold our waypoints and home/ebg keeps. Don’t worry, we’ll still let you ktrain the other teams’ stuff with us. I’m telling you right now, if you xfer to the top 3 you’re going to be sitting in queues forever. They are heavily stacked. Even SoS is stacked in 4th place.

Server: Maguuma – Leafy Lass – Elementalist (WvW)
Guild: Bill Murray [Bill]/ [DERP]
twitch.tv/mlgw2

Free Transfers!

in WvW

Posted by: yanoch.7051

yanoch.7051

Well Maguuma isn’t one of the potential free transfer servers.

Heiann – NSP

Free Transfers!

in WvW

Posted by: katniss.6735

katniss.6735

Well Maguuma isn’t one of the potential free transfer servers.

Ah, well I misread that thing. I thought it was free for rank 13+ to transfer up to anything above it. Well, we’ve been helping people come over lately. And 1400 gems is still cheaper than 2400.

When you look at this and last week’s scores for Mag/SoS/Fa, everything looks close. FA has lost too many guilds to get out of 6th now, but they still have more skilled players than SoS does. I’m not trolling when I say that because I personally don’t have anything against any other server, and don’t at all follow the off-site WvW forums. SoS has that ktrain style to it where they don’t mind running with a bunch of uplevels to open-field battles. However they do sport some really large, exclusive guilds that operate independently of each other. That’s what I like to see. In terms of “good fights”, that isn’t always balanced when your guild runs 40-60 deep vs guilds that run an average of 20 like on Mag/Fa.

Open field fights and gvgs are hugely important to us on Mag. We also don’t believe in hammer train or bust. We have multiple different comps we run at any given time that are open to the general pop.

We pay attention to who dies a lot, so if you’re not interested in getting better or following whoever is commanding, feel free to transfer elsewhere. Just being honest here. If you want to run with a pile of uplevels, lag for days, and have everything downed rally, you’re losing loot/ranks and pretty much just wasting your time. If you have spec/gear questions, there’s always going to be someone that will help you figure it out.

Mag also has it’s share of PVE pros that do the daily reset event chain flawlessly everyday.

There are a handful of highly ranked spvp players on Mag.

Server: Maguuma – Leafy Lass – Elementalist (WvW)
Guild: Bill Murray [Bill]/ [DERP]
twitch.tv/mlgw2

Free Transfers!

in WvW

Gravy.7589

Seriously, NA guilds stop tranfering to tier 1/2. Their NA’s are all stacked with many having queues. This is before all the achievement hunters come out for season. A 50+ guild just tranfered to TC, who welcomed them and then asked why they came to TC as their NA already has a huge queue. Stay where you are or look at tier 3 or lower.

Free Transfers!

in WvW

styx.7294

Seriously, NA guilds stop tranfering to tier 1/2. Their NA’s are all stacked with many having queues. This is before all the achievement hunters come out for season. A 50+ guild just tranfered to TC, who welcomed them and then asked why they came to TC as their NA already has a huge queue. Stay where you are or look at tier 3 or lower.

Transferring up tiers is what this game is about. People can go broke playin WvW in the low tiers but earn tons of gold playin in the top tiers. It literally pays you gold to transfer up, on top of everything else. It always has, for over a year and a half now.

The transfer fee changes are a start and we’ll see how that changes things. Along with the WvW population boost that comes with the season, I’m willing to wait ‘till after the league to see how things are. I think too many things that we know now won’t be relevant in a month.

Gate of Madness

Free Transfers!

in WvW

Gravy.7589

You’re reason for wanting to transfering up tiers is to get more gold in wvw? Ugh.

Free Transfers!

in WvW

styx.7294

You’re reason for wanting to transfering up tiers is to get more gold in wvw? Ugh.

Haha, no, I don’t wanna transfer. Probably no one thinks “I’m going to transfer up so I get richer” but.. you do earn more money (more kills is more loot + more WvW XP is also more loot) on higher tiers. It’s why I often rail against people who want more rewards per kill.

My point is it’s just another ingame incentive that rewards for people for being on higher tiers than lower tiers. This is on top of gettin new transfers instead of just losin people to transfers (’cause basically no one transfers down). And on top of not having times in the day where maps are empty.

Most people transfer probably ‘cause they want a better community and unless you know a server very well, it’s hard to know if a smaller community is better. Usually you have a safer bet with a larger crowd.

All of these are reasons to transfer up and the game doesn’t help by making people on higher tiers richer (there’s so many ways the game doesn’t help.. the transfer fee was another big mind boggling one).

The game seriously needs systems that reward transferring down tiers to offset all this. Otherwise we’ll just keep going the way we’re going, smaller servers get smaller and bigger servers get bigger (until they’re so big it’s annoying, in which case people quit – they rarely transfer down). It’s a cycle that’s destroying the game.

Used to be 3 big servers + 1 sorta large server. But Sanctum of Rall is gone and I don’t think there is now that tier 1.5 server. How many months before there are only 2 big servers and the 3rd server in tier 1 is too feeble to compete?\

At least that’s my impression of it.

Gate of Madness

Free Transfers!

in WvW

Posted by: Jyeoi.6027

Jyeoi.6027

Technically it’s free if Mag pays for your transfer =D

Yulo – Champions of Stormbluff [SBI]

Free Transfers!

in WvW

Posted by: Reslinal.2359

Reslinal.2359

Used to be 3 big servers + 1 sorta large server. But Sanctum of Rall is gone and I don’t think there is now that tier 1.5 server. How many months before there are only 2 big servers and the 3rd server in tier 1 is too feeble to compete?\

At least that’s my impression of it.

Actually now T1 is back to 3 big servers who are relatively equal; even better it seems since TC moved up, T2 has became a quite competitive tier as well. I would say balance wise the top two tiers are at a high point in GW2 history right now.

Blackgate Engineer

Free Transfers!

in WvW

Gravy.7589

You can’t depend on Anet to solve the issues with wvw. If anything they feed into the stacking with their money grabbing seasons/transfer sceeming. Its kinda ingenious how they have set it up from the free transfers to the start of the seasons. Its up to the community to which I have about as much faith in as Anet. All the stacking further kills wvw and creates such imbalance that very soon the only option will be to merge lower tier servers which won’t happen till anet bleeds them dry with transfers. Bad model is bad.

Free Transfers!

in WvW

Chuck Zitto.2367

If DB gets into gold half their population will stop showing up. They have a huge fairweather pop. How exactly is FA bleeding guilds? Please enlighten us. Lol

This is my concern. Looks like a lose lose for DB right now. If we go into silver league we will probably win and have easy boring weeks like we do right now. If we go into gold we will lose so bad guildies and entire guilds will probably quit or transfer like they did when we lost every week on DR back in the first season.

Free Transfers!

in WvW

Gravy.7589

This is my concern. Looks like a lose lose for DB right now. If we go into silver league we will probably win and have easy boring weeks like we do right now. If we go into gold we will lose so bad guildies and entire guilds will probably quit or transfer like they did when we lost every week on DR back in the first season.

Basically why I am pushing to get more guilds into silver, so it can be somewhat competitive but seems majority want to be carried by the numbers in the top two tiers and sit in queues.

Free Transfers!

in WvW

styx.7294

Basically why I am pushing to get more guilds into silver, so it can be somewhat competitive but seems majority want to be carried by the numbers in the top two tiers and sit in queues.

No one has to suffer to sit in queues anymore. We have Edge of the Mists now.

Gate of Madness

Free Transfers!

in WvW

Gravy.7589

So people pay gold to transfer up to go to Eotm? Logic! Eotm is pretty kitten boring these days when I have gotten in. It’s a gimmick that is quickly losing steam.