Free gems (1 time only) to transfer servers.

in WvW

Posted by: CHIPS.6018

CHIPS.6018

The idea is simple. People should get free gems, a lot of free gems, for going to a low ranking wvw server. This should be a one time only offer for one single transfer per account. Future repeating transfers will always cost gems.

For example: Rank 1 to Rank 24 of North America.

http://mos.millenium.org/matchups#NA

Transferring to rank 24: Gets 2,200 gems
Transferring to rank 23: Gets 2,000 gems
Transferring to rank 22: Gets 1,800 gems

Transferring to rank 14: Gets 200 gems
Transferring to rank 13: Gets 0 gems
Transferring to rank 12: Pays 200 gems

Transferring to rank 3: Pays 2,000 gems
Transferring to rank 2: Pays 2,200 gems
Transferring to rank 1: Pays 2,400 gems

This will hopefully help balance out the servers. Many guilds would take this opportunity to rebuild with the new gems on a low rank server.

Thoughts?

Chipsy Chips(Necromancer) & Char Ashnoble(Thief)
The Order of Dii[Dii]-SBI→Kaineng→TC→JQ
Necro Encyclopedia-http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BrAjJ1N6hxs

(edited by CHIPS.6018)

in WvW

Posted by: Doomdesire.9365

Doomdesire.9365

If that happened many people would buy a second copy of the game and have their little way to abuse the system >_>

in WvW

Posted by: TeamBattleAxe.3901

TeamBattleAxe.3901

So, people can get PAID to Kaineng through the brackets again?
No, thanks.

in WvW

Posted by: D W.5179

D W.5179

I love the general idea.
I’m confused about the numbers you posted, but I totally support the idea.

in WvW

CHIPS.6018

No, thanks.

Kaineng is rank 5. It will cost 1,600 gems to get to it…

(edited by CHIPS.6018)

in WvW

Posted by: Harbinger.9645

Harbinger.9645

No, thanks.

This.

Cynaptix-Mesmer(80)
Member of Gamers With Jobs(GWJ)
From the Northern Shiver Peaks

in WvW

CHIPS.6018

I love the general idea.
I’m confused about the numbers you posted, but I totally support the idea.

Sorry, fixed the numbers. Should work now. ^^

Basically 200 gem difference per rank.

in WvW

Posted by: Ubi.4136

Ubi.4136

He means that people that tend to bandwagon, will all just agree to bandwagon to a low server and ride it to the top and get paid to do it.

Lost in the Maguuma [TC]
Te Nosce [TC]

in WvW

Posted by: Harbinger.9645

Harbinger.9645

No, thanks.

Kaineng is rank 5. It will cost 1,400 gems to get to it…

I think you misunderstood what he wrote.

Cynaptix-Mesmer(80)
Member of Gamers With Jobs(GWJ)
From the Northern Shiver Peaks

in WvW

Posted by: DaBleuberry.1780

DaBleuberry.1780

I like the idea about paying gems to transfer into the higher tier servers and get rewarded for going to the lower tier server but one thing I think that could possibly be a flaw is creating an imbalanced match if a lot of people plan on transferring to one certain server.

Ássurance [ÆSS] ~Lablueberry

in WvW

CHIPS.6018

He means that people that tend to bandwagon, will all just agree to bandwagon to a low server and ride it to the top and get paid to do it.

It is going to work though. That means the top servers would lose some guilds, weakening them. The bottom servers will gain guilds, strengthening them.

Thanks to the old rivalries, not every guild are compatible.

Look at those SoS guilds. They could easily have went to SoR, but they didn’t because SoR is their current enemy. They could also have went to JQ and make that an even more crazy server. Again that didn’t happen thanks to old rivalries. Rivalries does have an impact on where people end up.

So no I don’t think all the bandwagons will all go to just one server. They will be spread out across multiple servers, avoiding their rivals.

I do agree that possible abuses need to be looked at carefully before this is implemented. Like people going to rank 24, and then 7 days later go to another server, and still end up earning gems.

(edited by CHIPS.6018)

in WvW

CHIPS.6018

I like the idea about paying gems to transfer into the higher tier servers and get rewarded for going to the lower tier server but one thing I think that could possibly be a flaw is creating an imbalanced match if a lot of people plan on transferring to one certain server.

Like I said old rivalries would hopefully prevent server stacking from happening.

in WvW

Posted by: Jeknar.6184

Jeknar.6184

Ok, i’ll just transfer to Fergusson’s Crossing and then pay the gems i just got to transfer to Jade Quarry.

Flawed idea i’d say.

Kawagima / Kelvena Riverstream / Calamis Fatima / Hanna Flintlocke
WvW Rank 3800 (Platinum Veteran) – PvP Rank 69 (Shark) – 25,9k Achievment Points
Mërcenaries [Sold] – Ferguson’s Crossing

in WvW

Posted by: Advent.6193

Advent.6193

Yea. Any concept that “pays” a player to transfer, is arguably going to be problematic.
Especially in light of how fracked some servers are, due to the free transfer hoe-down.
Heck, what stops a T1 Guild from coming to my server or ET for a week, then saying
“screw you lot!,” and going to a T2. Then, that extra manpower may just prematurely
bump said T2 into T1. Logically, if one’s left T1 once, they would do it again. Thus the
cycle would become something of a closed, self-perpetuating system.
Now, I do appreciate your attempt to thoughtcraft a way to buff the lower Tiers a tad, and your attempt to add a cut-off. The problem is that, let’s be honest – there are folk with multiple accounts. Those persons could really throw things outta whack …

Malegryne (Sylvari Mesmer), Lannka (Asura Thief) – Ferguson’s Crossing: [PRD/BRB/OMFG]
Other 80s: Any but Warrior

(edited by Advent.6193)

in WvW

CHIPS.6018

Yea. Any concept that “pays” a player to transfer, is arguably going to be problematic.
Especially in light of how fracked some servers are, due to the free transfer hoe-down.
Heck, what stops a T1 Guild from coming to my server or ET for a week, then saying
“screw you lot!,” and going to a T2. Then, that extra manpower may just prematurely
bump said T2 into T1. Logically, if one’s left T1 once, they would do it again. Thus the
cycle would become something of a closed, self-perpetuating system.
Now, I do appreciate your attempt to thoughtcraft a way to buff the lower Tiers a tad, and your attempt to add a cut-off. The problem is that, let’s be honest – there are folk with multiple accounts. Those persons could really throw things outta whack …

Don’t be so discouraged. Many of the guilds that do come down would stay. That’s specially true if you guys show them hospitality and a warm welcome.

You will be surprised how many guilds are tired of the high stress wvw in high tiers, and want a more relaxing environment to play for fun. This system just encourages them to do so.

Don’t treat everyone that transfers to your server as bad people, and they won’t be bad. ^^

(edited by CHIPS.6018)

in WvW

Posted by: zeus.2375

zeus.2375

Ok, i’ll just transfer to Fergusson’s Crossing and then pay the gems i just got to transfer to Jade Quarry.

Flawed idea i’d say.

Not only that but you will profit 400 extra gems.
I like the idea but will need to be fine tuned.

in WvW

Posted by: Drop Bear.5839

Drop Bear.5839

I don’t think it should be based on server ranking, but rather server population, where a server transfer will pay you a number of gems based on the difference between your server’s population and the target server’s population.

So it would cost you a lot of gems to transfer from low servers (which need populations), to high servers, but if you went from a high population server to a low one, you would get paid gems.

This would also prevent a large number guilds from being able to bandwagon for free gems, as each player who joins would decrease the number of gems that the next player gets.

in WvW

Posted by: DaBleuberry.1780

DaBleuberry.1780

Flawed idea i’d say.

Actualy I think that you would be short 200 gems

Ássurance [ÆSS] ~Lablueberry

in WvW

Posted by: Jeknar.6184

Jeknar.6184

Flawed idea i’d say.

Actualy I think that you would be short 200 gems

Still 200gems is around 5g… I can get that quick by doing a few CoF 1 runs.

Kawagima / Kelvena Riverstream / Calamis Fatima / Hanna Flintlocke
WvW Rank 3800 (Platinum Veteran) – PvP Rank 69 (Shark) – 25,9k Achievment Points
Mërcenaries [Sold] – Ferguson’s Crossing

in WvW

Posted by: Nuzt.7894

Nuzt.7894

Gems is a bad idea, many will use them for gold instead, and if Anet is giving away free gold … well I want some too, you see what happens ?

in WvW

Posted by: crewthief.8649

crewthief.8649

Why exactly would they do this? To throw turmoil back into the brackets? I believe WvW is about as stable/fair as it’s going to get…for better or worse.

< JADE QUARRY >
Zabroshan – 80 Guardian / Sorroe – 80 Mesmer
Hands Off My Octopus

in WvW

Posted by: Nikked.7365

Nikked.7365

I can’t see how this is a smart idea at all.

From a business standpoint, GW2 banks on gem sales. Giving out free gems would kill the economy behind that. Gems would flood the market, they’d drop in the price of gold. So not only are they giving away their assets, but they’d also be putting themselves in a position where they can’t sell them either. It’d be easier to farm a little gold instead of busting out a credit card.

From a WvW standpoint, this would ruin top tiered servers. Who doesn’t want free gems? Large numbers of players would move from the higher ranked servers to the lower ones just for the gems. We’d start seeing servers empty out.

Finally, it imbalances individual play. Only players who reside in the top tiers would be eligible for the free gems and could use them for character advancement. Those who are in lower tiers would gain nothing.

The only correct action here is to close this thread.

Jacked Jackal :: Norn Mesmer :: Giant and Fabulous
Dragonbrand

in WvW

CHIPS.6018

From a business standpoint, GW2 banks on gem sales. Giving out free gems would kill the economy behind that. Gems would flood the market, they’d drop in the price of gold. So not only are they giving away their assets, but they’d also be putting themselves in a position where they can’t sell them either. It’d be easier to farm a little gold instead of busting out a credit card.

From a WvW standpoint, this would ruin top tiered servers. Who doesn’t want free gems? Large numbers of players would move from the higher ranked servers to the lower ones just for the gems. We’d start seeing servers empty out.

Finally, it imbalances individual play. Only players who reside in the top tiers would be eligible for the free gems and could use them for character advancement. Those who are in lower tiers would gain nothing.

Actually anyone transferring into a low tier server would get the same amount of gem. This system doesn’t take into account which server you came from. And no it shouldn’t. It is like a flesh start for anyone that wants to move, and an encouragement for them to move to a lower tier server.

Those hard core wvwers at the very top will not move. They love the team that they are working with. However those small guilds and PUGs in their server would move. That’s the whole point of this idea; A general balancing out of all the servers in wvw population size.

This will hopefully undo all the damage from past server transfers. I only want the best for this game and the gaming community.

in WvW

Posted by: Nikked.7365

Nikked.7365

Actually anyone transferring into a low tier server would get the same amount of gem. This system doesn’t take into account which server you came from. And no it shouldn’t. It is like a flesh start for anyone that wants to move, and an encouragement for them to move to a lower tier server.

Those hard core wvwers at the very top will not move. They love the team that they are working with. However those small guilds and PUGs in their server would move. That’s the whole point of this idea; A general balancing out of all the servers in wvw population size.

This will hopefully undo all the damage from past server transfers. I only want the best for this game and the gaming community.

Ah, I did misunderstand one of the core points of this post: I assumed the gem transfer was a result from which server you are transferring from. Fair enough. That only ruins my last point.

The hardcores that love their teams are still able to move the entire team/guild. We saw that happen during free transfers (my guild took advantage of it, and I’ve seen a handful of posts about servers that benefited/lost because of this), and one of the points of paid transfers was for stability in servers. To be perfectly fair, we can’t measure the impact this would have on top tiered servers, and ANet wouldn’t be able to measure it either (human behavior is volatile). You think only small groups would move, I think large groups would move. Either is plausible, and we could only know by implementing the system.

ANet has said more than once that they favor small changes over time instead of large changes that shake up the game. Not being able to quantify the outcome greatly reduces the odds that they’ll offer this incentive structure, gem economy not withstanding.

Jacked Jackal :: Norn Mesmer :: Giant and Fabulous
Dragonbrand

(edited by Nikked.7365)

in WvW

Posted by: Rayya.2591

Rayya.2591

i disagree with ideea:
reasons:
clan X- EU, clan Y- Asia , clan Z- US decide to leave from tier 1 same server to tier 8 same server.
That means : 1 server from tier 1 will not be competitive for 2-3 weeks, messing up the entire match.
1 server from tier 8 will hold 600 points day /night (24/7) for 1 month untill they reach tier 7 and kill the wvwvw from other 2 servers in tier 8. Clan M, N, H see that and decide to join the winning side and earn some free gems.
When server reach tier 5 , the loser clans from tier 1/2 decide to join that server for free.
ppls who create new account select home rank 1 server : transfer to tier 8 -they start with 50 gold

http://imgur.com/a/fKgjD
no.1 WvW kills

in WvW

CHIPS.6018

Bump. Any more opinions on this?