Free transfer - WvW

Free transfer - WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Kojiden.8405

Kojiden.8405

I wonder if ArenaNet knows that they’re destroying WvW by letting people transfer servers for free.

Pic related. I’m on the blue server. The maps are dead. At the least I have used this opportunity to complete the WvW maps on my characters.

Attachments:

Free transfer - WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Monk.5127

Monk.5127

Can’t you only transfer once per 24 hours now?

Raww Im A Mesmer
Eternal Clarity X [Ankh] – Dragonbrand

Free transfer - WvW

in WvW

Posted by: roqoco.4053

roqoco.4053

They know – there are lots of threads on the subject already. Probably won’t be fixed until the guesting feature is in, I guess. Otherwise PvEers with friends on other servers wouldn’t be too happy.

(edited by roqoco.4053)

Free transfer - WvW

in WvW

Posted by: beren.6048

beren.6048

Probably more a problem is that this game requires a big population, else you ll be walking around from failed DE to failed DE.

Free transfer - WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Kravick.4906

Kravick.4906

Let me guess. Blue is Blackgate?

Stuff goes here.

Free transfer - WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Naoko.7096

Naoko.7096

Probably more a problem is that this game requires a big population, else you ll be walking around from failed DE to failed DE.

I agree. Since there’s no gear progressions (everyone is equal), the game became a number game. GW2 isn’t about skills and character gears anymore. The intention was to create GW2 focus fully on player’s skills by removing gear progression. But there’s no usage of skills in the first place in pvp. Even if they put a stop to transfering server, it would still be a number game. Most populated server = wins.

Free transfer - WvW

in WvW

Posted by: ikiturso.4026

ikiturso.4026

server hopping should cost 500 gems. Then pvers wouldnt have problem. They could gather money for that. WvW is really the thing that can keep GW2 on top. The anti-social pve “huhuu is anyone there” wont! If WvW should get changes and fast! Alot are leaving it for being so dumm made.

Free transfer - WvW

in WvW

Posted by: ikiturso.4026

ikiturso.4026

+ ofcourse the nightime wvw botters would be nice to be able to report.

Free transfer - WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Naminator.9316

Naminator.9316

Let me guess. Blue is Blackgate?

LOL dude, if Blackgate is destroying the other 2 servers………………………. then I don’t even know what to say.

Free transfer - WvW

in WvW

Posted by: MadJock.8710

MadJock.8710

WvW is the biggest let down i had from gaming in a long time

Don’t expect any major changes that actually make it fair and fun any time soon, the free transfer to play with friends is a shocking excuse.

In these days of social networking and instant communication anyone that played on a different server from a true friend for anything more than a day is am insult to the gene pool.

Free transfer - WvW

in WvW

Posted by: beren.6048

beren.6048

I agree. Since there’s no gear progressions (everyone is equal), the game became a number game. GW2 isn’t about skills and character gears anymore. The intention was to create GW2 focus fully on player’s skills by removing gear progression. But there’s no usage of skills in the first place in pvp. Even if they put a stop to transfering server, it would still be a number game. Most populated server = wins.

Sure, but I say maybe people transfer to bigger servers (also) because there is not much to do when you have a small server population.

Don’t know if stopping the server transfer would work. Even if you make it once a month you ll have this problem, but it will go a bit slower. Imo they have to have no armor repair cost for the smaller servers and better rewards. Also better management of the amount of people allowed to enter. Have doors allowing only an equal amount of soldiers to enter.

(edited by beren.6048)

Free transfer - WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Naoko.7096

Naoko.7096

Sure, but I say maybe people transfer to bigger servers (also) because there is not much to do when you have a small server population.

Don’t know if stopping the server transfer would work. Even if you make it once a month you ll have this problem, but it will go a bit slower. Imo they have no armor repair cost for the smaller servers and better rewards. Also better management of the amount of people allowed to enter. Have doors only equal amount of soldiers can enter.

Yeah, I agree. I don’t think it solves by stopping server transfer. There will still be inbalance where skills doesn’t matter because one server is more populated than the other. It’s more of population game than skills.

Free transfer - WvW

in WvW

Posted by: gibson.2549

gibson.2549

its amazing. anet took so much time and worked very hard to make such a beautiful and innovative game, yet were dumb enough to make a mistake like this….

even more shocking is that it hasnt been fixed by now. WvW is so much fun. so why are you ruining this for us, anet? it is a given that many players are going to transfer over to a winning server the second their home sever is losing.

PLEASE end free server transfers!

Free transfer - WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Zenith.6403

Zenith.6403

Server transfers have nothing to do with it. Most populated servers always win, because they can field players in larger numbers and thorough day.

Only way to prevent uneven mobs would be to restrict amount of players based on server with lowest number of players. Make it a factor like 120% of lowest. Example: three servers have blue (20), green (22), red (21) players. Maximum players any server could have is 20*1.2=24. If 5 players from blue server now disconnect, then no other server could have more players.

Free transfer - WvW

in WvW

Posted by: nerva.7940

nerva.7940

Dragonbrand’s community was completely destroyed by this. for whatever reason, all the pvp guilds transferred off at the same time, and now we’re dead last in every match-up. i partly blame the idiotic guild leaders for starting this trend, but it’s ultimately ANet’s fault. WvW is driven by community. there is no community now, so WvW is meaningless >.<

lack of common sense FTL. gj ANet.

Ikiro – 80 Ranger
Umie – 80 Guardian
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgLbWtvtzdU0Ho0zto6VnTQ

Free transfer - WvW

in WvW

Posted by: dirtyklingon.2918

dirtyklingon.2918

it goes alot farther than just wvw.

server communities in general and as a whole are a mess right now.

which is totally expected with nearly unmitigated free transfers. same thing happened in rift. similar thing happened in aion.

first sign was tuning some money sinks and catering to zerg guild demands.
2nd sign was not having guesting in during beta/by launch
3rd sign- no server forums.
4th sign- scaling back of informative useful posts on twitter and facebook in favour of advertising cash grabs like the awful steelseries gw2 branded items. and after months of getting us to use those social media platforms as a place for informative posts.

who doesn’t love wow clones?

Free transfer - WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Moderator.2890

Moderator.2890

Thread was moved to WvW forum.

Free transfer - WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Michael.1268

Michael.1268

Server transfers have nothing to do with it.

Server transfers have everything to do with it. When guilds (and bandwagoners) transfer en masse it can mess with the true ranking of a server and cause very lopsided matches.

I have transferred only once (two weeks ago) so I am also part of the problem, but if it cost money my friends and myself would have stayed on our original server.

Ted Theodore Logan – Elementalist
Bill S Preston Esq – Guardian
Sea of Sorrows

Free transfer - WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Radiodread.8469

Radiodread.8469

Server transfers are the “it.”

Radiodread, Guardian [Os] NSP
AKA: Darkshines, Schroedingers Mesmer

Free transfer - WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Cyferwolf.1089

Cyferwolf.1089

Have the ever addressed why guesting isn’t implemented, what the priority is for getting it implemented, etc? It seems like that’s what’s keeping free server transfers open, but I don’t recall seeing anything where they actually said "guesting is busted, it’s number x on the priority list. It’d be nice at least to know what’s going on and that they’re working on it.

Free transfer - WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Moose Rooster.4927

Moose Rooster.4927

No, they are not destroying WvW with free transfers they are destroying WvW by letting people who transfer during the middle of the week participate in WvW during that cycle instead of being locked out.

Free transfer - WvW

in WvW

Posted by: kelman.9451

kelman.9451

Well free transfers did upset the server balance yes, but there are other problems such as the orb bonus needs to be changed, because right now it just snowballs the winning team into being even more powerful.
Anet can’t make people participate in WvW, but if you give them a chance to at least compete somewhat they will come. A hopeless situation just means the snowball effect of people leaving, then there are even less so more leave, then eventually almost no one is playing from the losing server.

Free transfer - WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Zilm.8459

Zilm.8459

No, they are not destroying WvW with free transfers they are destroying WvW by letting people who transfer during the middle of the week participate in WvW during that cycle instead of being locked out.

This, absolutely100% at this point in the game.

Free transfers have run their course imo, but if they continue to allow free transfers then they must have a lock out period. This will slow down the transfer rate the game is currently experincing. How can Anet provide quality WvWvW match-ups when the server populations are unstable?

With all WvWvW issues considered, the current transfer policy is the biggest detriment to the game experince they are trying to create.

Anet, you must implement a lock out period with free transfers to stabalize the server populations.

Zed Trufar, Mesmer
Zaine Trufar, Thief
Yak’s Bend, Knights and Heroes Guild [Beer]

Free transfer - WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Brome.7036

Brome.7036

Titan alliance said that free transfers would destroy WvW in the first week of the game. After 3 weeks HoD was so stacked, WvW became a bore (sorry JQ). After TA said they were going their seperate ways to make WVW more challenging the hordes transfered to JQ the second strongest server, making it a juggernaught. THEN the Oceanics from TA joind BG to try and give JQ some fight. Guess what happens next! All the JQ and ET guys follow them to BG and make it just as stacked as HoD (if not more so) JQ is a shell of what it was a week ago and BG is bored and transfering servers for a day (SoR) just to ruin matches and prove a point at the same time driving away people from the already low population on all three of the tier 3 servers.
I think ANet knows they need to stop free transfers, I just don`t think they realize it is THE BIGGEST problem the game has.

Free transfer - WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Moose Rooster.4927

Moose Rooster.4927

Make it so you can transfer once a week, would see servers maintain and see wvw combat where people can’t switch because they are losing.

Free transfer - WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Toggles.1783

Toggles.1783

… and then the bored BG players temp transfer to other “close-ish” match-ups and fubar them. (yes, that happened)

9 day WvW ban when transferring please!

Level 80: Elementalist Engineer Guardian Mesmer Ranger Thief Warrior

Free transfer - WvW

in WvW

Posted by: holska.4127

holska.4127

I think they know with tons of threads being created about it and it being mentioned in almost every thread where any discussion is going on.
That said, what’s the point of creating yet another one? It’s getting old by now and they’ve already announced they’ll come to an end at some point, I think the umptiest+1 thread doesn’t make that go any faster.

Free transfer - WvW

in WvW

Brome.7036

I think it can`t end soon enough. People are quiting this game at an alarming rate and transfers are at the root of a lot of bitterness. My guild alone has lost 75% and people are saying they are never coming back because ANet is letting this non sense to continue. I love the game but MMO`s are based on community. As of right now, there is none.

Free transfer - WvW

in WvW

Brome.7036

NO I agree. The hacking of the orbs is horrible necause it provides the owner insane power. It seems like an easy fix to change how they are obtained but what do i know.