Free transfers ruined this weeks matchups

in WvW

Posted by: Soutalgon.3827

Soutalgon.3827

yet they were suppose to end at the start of October

Now unless 3 large euro guilds come onto my server(dragonbrand) we are now going to lose to one of our arch rivals based purely on transfer abuse. We have a really great server too and its a shame that blackgate simply got lucky with the transfers.

in WvW

Posted by: Winterwolf.3782

Winterwolf.3782

Dragonbrand is a powerhouse, and you’re being melodramatic. Also, Blackgate is no slouch, and you’re insulting some really amazing people with your post. That being said, yes, the transfer-at-will garbage needs to end.

Tarnished Coast Rough Riders

in WvW

Posted by: MrPicklez.6473

MrPicklez.6473

Blackgate was and is and incredible server. That being said, he is right that their victory was sealed with the transfer of some strong off-peak hours guilds. They were already in a competitive position, but now it seems that hope is lost for Dragonbrand. There is already talk of the largest guild xferring off on the Guru forums, simply because the server can’t compete with the “night” presence.

Was fun while it lasted, though! I think what I’ll be doing from now on is transferring to matchups that remain fairly close/competitive, just to be able to enjoy WvW to its full potential.

in WvW

MrPicklez.6473

^ You really have no understanding of what’s happened over the past few days, do you? Perhaps you should read the Guru forums. It’s completely legitimate that Blackgate is winning currently. They ended up recruiting or having Euro guilds transfer to them. They were also clawing their way up to begin with even without the Euro guilds, and were in a position to potentially take first place. However, it was the Euro guilds that appear to have really sealed their victory. I’m not sure exactly what is false about what I’ve said.

in WvW

Posted by: Reonhato.5914

Reonhato.5914

This is such garbage, for the first time in a long while, Blackgate has had a que for EBG during NA primetime, and WE are the ones working the system?

You Dragonbrand guys have been capitalizing on your much larger population almost the entire matchup, and when that wasn’t enough to win, you cried to Twin and Tsym to come spike the map and fight your battles for you. And the biggest gap you could muster was 20k points.

Maybe you guys should organize and communicate, instead of meandering around map in zergs like a horde of zombies.

yeah except that is exactly what blackgate have done to get in front. During the first day when everyone had full maps during primetime blackgate fell behind, the next day blackgate lose population and fall even more but then during offpeak all of a sudden blackgate appears with a giant zerg and just takes everything with no competition.

Congrats Anet, your lack of action on server transfers and nightcapping has made 1000s of players mean absolutely nothing in WvW just so a group of euros on a NA server dont feel left out.

in WvW

Posted by: Metalripper.5406

Metalripper.5406

This is such garbage, for the first time in a long while, Blackgate has had a que for EBG during NA primetime, and WE are the ones working the system?

You Dragonbrand guys have been capitalizing on your much larger population almost the entire matchup, and when that wasn’t enough to win, you cried to Twin and Tsym to come spike the map and fight your battles for you. And the biggest gap you could muster was 20k points.

Maybe you guys should organize and communicate, instead of meandering around map in zergs like a horde of zombies.

yeah except that is exactly what blackgate have done to get in front. During the first day when everyone had full maps during primetime blackgate fell behind, the next day blackgate lose population and fall even more but then during offpeak all of a sudden blackgate appears with a giant zerg and just takes everything with no competition.

Congrats Anet, your lack of action on server transfers and nightcapping has made 1000s of players mean absolutely nothing in WvW just so a group of euros on a NA server dont feel left out.

We were well on our way to taking the #1 spot before the Euro guilds transferred in.

in WvW

MrPicklez.6473

You were competing for first and likely would have taken it. It was a very close match and I’ve yet to see BG ever give up. Sadly, now it’s just a steamroll fest. Not really fun for either side. Looks like things are switching up again now that it’s primetime, but come the off-peak hours we will see if the Euros stick around, as that is what will truly decide this game.

in WvW

Posted by: xSuicidez.9156

xSuicidez.9156

I don’t see how this is any different than a group of 50 PvE Euros that has been on BG since the start and suddenly decided to play WvW for a change (like in the case of WM on SBI)

in WvW

Posted by: Havoc.4680

Havoc.4680

Well I have been playing most of the week and it has been a decent battle, maybe a lead of 25k just the last day for DB but still to have servers transfer in to help BG is crazy. On GW2 guru there was talk of about 4 -5 guilds transfering in to help BG. I saw a few tonight like CV. It almost makes the game not fun, we didn’t have a group help us last week when we were wrecked by Jade Quarry. Its crazy that we had the momentum and it was a 40k point swing within 24 hours. Would be nice if Ft. Aspenwood would chime in too.

in WvW

Posted by: NorthStar.3798

NorthStar.3798

Well… I guess its really time for Dragonbrand to recruit more EU/Oceanic Guilds.. sad we are loosing like this. This server match up for week 3 was pretty close for the past couple of days…until now.

[VNG]Northstar
www.VengeanceClan.com
Sanctum of Rall

in WvW

Posted by: Ilesyt.7084

Ilesyt.7084

how about you stop being so overdramatic, there are server who have it MUCH worse than you. Right now Ruins of Surmia and Fissure of Woe have it the worst of all servers. Some MORE guilds have transferred away from RoS because of our current matchup and we already had none incoming.

Leader of Deus Ex Machina [DEX]
Ruins of Surmia

in WvW

Posted by: VincentDW.9376

VincentDW.9376

Under the way the system currently works, assigning the servers a ranking or score seems like a meaningless exercise – the server that begins a match on Friday can’t really be considered the same server as the one that ends the match seven days later. Would it make any sense to rank the performance of a sports team if the players could decide to join the other side at half time, and either be replaced (or not) by people who weren’t on the team in the first place? By the end of the match, the “team” that gets the score isn’t the same team that earned it – it’s just a random group of people who decided that they like that score and joined the team so it can be their own, or whoever remains after those who don’t like that score go elsewhere. Right now, we might as well be awarding points for the performance of the hardware on which the game server is hosted, since it is the only part of the team that has reason to be there from beginning to end.

in WvW

Posted by: Moderator.6837

Moderator.6837

Hello,

As this thread is starting to be inflammatory, it is now locked. Please remember to help us keep this forums as constructive as possible.

Thank you.