Free transfers ruins Far Shiverpeaks WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Selo.1250

Selo.1250

With all the free transfers, Far Shiverpeaks is SO overcrowded.
Everyone goes here becouse were the top tier English speaking server.
For the “glory”

I queued up at 15:00 and got in at 21:00, and when you get in, the zone is filled with players that shouldnt even do WvW in the first place. Theres noone following the people trying to lead, people use up all the supplies in SM all the time etc.
For 6 hours, we didnt even get reinforced walls up.

I call them PvE swarmers, people that have no mind on their own but just follow the big zerg. How many times havent Red and Green captured our camps from us, then the “swarm” show up, capture it back, and then just leave it for you to capture again?
Or the mindless drones shooting arrows at people standing on walls in SM…
Or when SM gets overtaken and they try to take it back with 10 players.
Noone picks up supplies in camp, only in keeps.
Noone buys sieges, so were hitting gates without anything..quite pathetic.
Ive spent SO much money on siege equipment but its kinda meh when your the only one doing it.

Its just getting more and more of them for each day becouse of the transfers.

in WvW

Posted by: Rhase.2047

Rhase.2047

Heh, if what you say is true maybe my server will bleed itself dry of thekittenhards you describe. But I feel like the opposite has happened; anyone who cares about WvW has left.

Regardless I agree with your point. Free xfers upset balance.

Edit: lol good luck figuring out what was kitten bleeped. I did not expect that word to be on the naughty list. xD

in WvW

Posted by: spiritus.7983

spiritus.7983

every server have noobs like this. this weekend www, made me lose my faith in humanity…

Evil, GH -Charr rule.
A Skritt is dumb. A group of Skritt are smart.
A Human is smart. A group of Humans are idiots.

in WvW

Posted by: Phara Miu.2816

Phara Miu.2816

Came back on Froiday to Far Shiverpeaks, had such a long queue that i knew we had 2000 extra players at least.

Tranfered off again to the server i was playing on in the USA.
Any serious WvW player leave Europe, the only competition that i fair is 24/7 servers, i sugest Far shiverpeaks do the same as me and transfer off to NA servers.

in WvW

Posted by: Ilesyt.7084

Ilesyt.7084

Or they can transfer to low population servers like Ruins of Surmia or Fissure of Woe.

Leader of Deus Ex Machina [DEX]
Ruins of Surmia

in WvW

Posted by: Phara Miu.2816

Phara Miu.2816

Problem is alot of people look at the ranking list and dont care and dont give any second toughts about queue time.
I had days i stood in a 6 hour long queue to get my dose of WvW action.
This is something i wont endure + we are doomed to play versus Vinuzah Sqaure for god knows how long and we dont get any diffrent time zone’s to FS either.

So for me the choice was easy, but it shoulnt be this way i know

in WvW

Posted by: yavi.3105

yavi.3105

WvWvW is an extremely efficent way to get exp now, and it’s a lot faster if you defend nothing.
Two “zergs” running around in circles = super-efficent level-up machine.
I have seen ppl run out of a tower while enemies were running in without fighting at all.

Maybe I am wrong, but i feel defending and holding things is not really rewarding ATM.
First, to hold it (for example a guild-claimed keep) you would need to stay there 24/7/365 because it takes so little time to conquer it for the other side.
Second, defense is less rewarding in terms of exp/karma/etc than go-around zerging.
Third, claimed structure doesn’t have a feel of being ‘yours’ AT ALL.

I am comparing it to L2 castles – that was soo much better. Fixed siege times, hard time to get, ability to get gold/throw ppl out/etc.

So i think its more of a WvWvW issue than the ‘overcrowded server’ issue – apart from the queue times for Eternal, which are horrendous.

in WvW

Posted by: Vukanigia.5496

Vukanigia.5496

So far i never spend more then 15min in queue for Eternal Battleground. Last night after Arah farm, 10 people from my guild queued for Eternal bg and after 15 minutes we were all inside.

in WvW

Posted by: Maddeth.5893

Maddeth.5893

Or they can transfer to low population servers like Ruins of Surmia or Fissure of Woe.

+1

in WvW

Posted by: elvy.9085

elvy.9085

On Vs we have high population as well, but I dont think I ever waited that long, from 15 to 21, I mean omg. Even this week-end I never waited more than 2 hours.

Maybe it is due to the commander bug exploit?If you have 200 players instead of 160 players, I guess the queue system won’t let new players in till the number of players get down 160 again?

PS : I know some players will think it is a taunt, but it isnt.

in WvW

Posted by: Turukano.3106

Turukano.3106

Luckily you don’t care about being the highest ranked English speaking server and luckily the free transfers are still available. What are you waiting for?

[center]Karn Aanug [KA][/center]

in WvW

Posted by: Grevane.6570

Grevane.6570

As of this post, there are still six medium population EU English servers. If queues are such a big deal why haven’t you used some initiative and moved to one of those servers where queues are non existent?

in WvW

Posted by: RizziVanizzi.1532

RizziVanizzi.1532

Hi, I am one of those clueless “PvE swarmers without a mind on my own”.
I join WvW to pewpew peoples faces and capture keeps and kitten.
Sorry for taking up the q slot you are entitled to, but i am very much enjoying myself, thank you.

in WvW

Posted by: Darkeh.4539

Darkeh.4539

In all fairness for certain server it was already known PRE release that they would be overcrowded as hell….. Your fault / your guild fault for going there anyw.

Glory seekers calling Glory seekers….

in WvW

Posted by: Karast.1927

Karast.1927

I understand your frustration at the extremely long prime time queues, and the large numbers of bots / pve farmers we have on Far Shiverpeaks.

It is extremely frustrating when your trying to defend a tower or keep under manned with Friends and guildies in the queue while 10-15 people are afk in the spawn camp, and another 5-6 blatantly and publicly joining WvW to farm crafting mats. Nothing like see 5-6 people farming wasps and skale for trophies to sell on the AH.

But the problem isn’t the free transfers imo.

You’ll find PvE’rs in WvW on almost any server. Heck just this morning I found a group + from VS grinding skale / wasps on their home map rather than fighting.

I am also fairly certain that the queue problems are more a result of bugs than just population numbers.

Some people can be queued for hours and never get in, others get in instantly. It’s random to the extent of being broken.

in WvW

Posted by: Gao Gao.4973

Gao Gao.4973

if only there was some place you could go that is in the opposite direction of the server transfer zerglings. gosh, there must be some way to find a place where there aren’t any queues, a place where the inhabitants would appreciate any additional organized force.

Baiyun – Necromancer
Member of Talons [BT]
Fort Aspenwood

in WvW

Selo.1250

Why should we, players that havebeen on the same server since BWE1 move becouse alot of glory seekers comes to our server and ruins any consistancy in players and wvw groups we have?

Basicly every quality wcw player that spends alot of time in wvw and already well known on fs thinks the situation is getting kinda out of hand.

It was bad before, but after this weekend…

in WvW

Posted by: nilco.8457

nilco.8457

Why should we, players that havebeen on the same server since BWE1 move becouse alot of glory seekers comes to our server and ruins any consistancy in players and wvw groups we have?

Basicly every quality wcw player that spends alot of time in wvw and already well known on fs thinks the situation is getting kinda out of hand.

It was bad before, but after this weekend…

Well selo, stuff wont get any better, ques are going to get longer as more people flock to our server to be the best english speaking server in EU, I myself will be transfering to a low-mid pop server and trying to get stuff started there, I much rather play WvWvW when I feel like it, not when the ques let me in.

Also, whats the point of being the second best if your not contributing to it? As it is now que times make it so I cant even play, if I cant play I cant feel proud of being the 2nd best.

Time to move away from home

in WvW

Selo.1250

To bad i have a large guild that wont move becouse of WvW :/

in WvW

nilco.8457

To bad i have a large guild that wont move becouse of WvW :/

Then you shouldent complain, its not peoples fault for wanting to be on the best server, so they can tell there friends, hey I play on FS, look at my kitten.

in WvW

Posted by: Kazim.2043

Kazim.2043

Guys you made a mistake to accumulate all competitive WvW guilds of Europe to 2-3 servers, now you’re paying the price. Some of my members insisted on picking FS or Desolation on start, as they wanted to be on the winning server. And I said “No, I want no easy win, I want our guild to make a difference” and picked one of the servers which is less populated with large WvW guilds.

I knew there will be queues on FS, I knew there will be thousands to move there just to be able to say “I’m in FS and we’re the top EU server”, I knew Underworld will be at the middle, slowly get better and my guild will make a difference.

Now as a guild we’re enjoying WvW to it’s extends. Yes at primetime EB has long queues but whenever we decide to make a guild wide operation with 30-40 members, we can always find a map to do that waiting at most 15 min.

I sometimes think Free Transfers are evil as it moves random WvW players from low bracket servers to high bracket servers, but sometimes it’s a blessing as it helps servers like FS, Desolation, Gandara to divide their forces and spreads WvW competition to several servers.

Some competitive guilds I knew from past moved to Vabbi and that server is increasing on ranks rapidly from bottom. Some competitive guilds move to Seafarer’s Rest and that server started to push for top. Mine and other pretty nice guilds are forming up at Underworld and soon we’ll start to push up also.

I understand it doesn’t feel fair to leave a server which you already invested so much, but you should have thought that before going to a server, which is filled with WvW guilds, and breaking the competitive balance, you should have thought that before going for “easy win”.

Even though I feel pity for you, I’m happy if this would help WvW guilds to spread more and make this game more enjoyable, and competitive

Izuvac.5713 “…like imagine 2 taliban server against 1 american…”

in WvW

nilco.8457

Guys you made a mistake to accumulate all competitive WvW guilds of Europe to 2-3 servers, now you’re paying the price. Some of my members insisted on picking FS or Desolation on start, as they wanted to be on the winning server. And I said “No, I want no easy win, I want our guild to make a difference” and picked one of the servers which is less populated with large WvW guilds.

I knew there will be queues on FS, I knew there will be thousands to move there just to be able to say “I’m in FS and we’re the top EU server”, I knew Underworld will be at the middle, slowly get better and my guild will make a difference.

Now as a guild we’re enjoying WvW to it’s extends. Yes at primetime EB has long queues but whenever we decide to make a guild wide operation with 30-40 members, we can always find a map to do that waiting at most 15 min.

I sometimes think Free Transfers are evil as it moves random WvW players from low bracket servers to high bracket servers, but sometimes it’s a blessing as it helps servers like FS, Desolation, Gandara to divide their forces and spreads WvW competition to several servers.

Some competitive guilds I knew from past moved to Vabbi and that server is increasing on ranks rapidly from bottom. Some competitive guilds move to Seafarer’s Rest and that server started to push for top. Mine and other pretty nice guilds are forming up at Underworld and soon we’ll start to push up also.

I understand it doesn’t feel fair to leave a server which you already invested so much, but you should have thought that before going to a server, which is filled with WvW guilds, and breaking the competitive balance, you should have thought that before going for “easy win”.

Even though I feel pity for you, I’m happy if this would help WvW guilds to spread more and make this game more enjoyable, and competitive

Im actualy coming to underworld tomorow, trying to bring a bunch of people from different high-pop servers, so we will see how many I will come with