Fresh Fruit is Overpowered

in WvW

Posted by: Slayer Lord.5023

Slayer Lord.5023

There are lots of threads on mesmers and thieves. I personally find flaws in mesmers and thieves. Mesmers need help from other players and their own illusions. Thieves must rely on hit and run tactics and stealth. If they fail at these things, they are dead. Overpowered implies you don’t need tactics or others.

I know my Mesmer and my Thief are around level 60 and will need more then 20 levels and gear. Still, these classes are supposed to be overpowered, so why am I dying? A logical person might think that people have adapted to countering these classes especially on T1 like I play. I however have another theory.

Fresh Fruit! I have noticed almost all my enemies have this buff called “Nutrition”. This implies they use fruit. I however, don’t normally use fruit buffs. The player using fruit and other foods has a clear advantage over players who don’t. Why does no one rant on this? Oh sure this sounds like madness, but what if someone takes over a fully upgraded Stonemist with a buff from a banana?

This video will show you how to counter fresh fruit with pistols, AoE damage and pets.

Enjoy.

Jade Quarry Server

[DARK]

in WvW

Posted by: Kvitoq.9154

Kvitoq.9154

Hehe loved it. And to think I was expecting yet another QQ thread.

TY Slayer Lord

in WvW

Posted by: MiLkZz.4789

MiLkZz.4789

Yea food buffs are cheap and just an extra. And you only just found out?

Warrior of [VcY], guild from Seafarer’s Rest
First troll to receive 10/10
Best golem driver EU

in WvW

Slayer Lord.5023

Cooking station is more full then any other station! Too much food buff!

Seriously, no one complains when people have food buffs, yet complain about every other buff. The food buffs last long and can sometimes be stronger. Most skills/skill buffs last seconds, yet get pages of rants. Making a point with silliness. :p

Jade Quarry Server

[DARK]

in WvW

Posted by: Dark Aidget.3879

Dark Aidget.3879

serious lawl. Thanks for that!

[Arr][GOAT]

in WvW

Slayer Lord.5023

I’ll mail you some mango pies and sharpening stones. It’s ok, once you hit your groove you will have plenty of cash to buy/craft consumables.

My ranger does the group cooking, but i don’t bother using consumables much. If they where not in wvw, we could see if classes are overpowered or just certain users

Jade Quarry Server

[DARK]

in WvW

Posted by: Mastermavrick.2439

Mastermavrick.2439

Heh loving post and kudos to sharing the classic comedic gold that is Monty Python (tbh that is why stayed on the post for so long).

The Revenant Apostle [Rvnt]→ DragonBand
Kaiji Ruko – 80 Ranger, Revanat Shadowdeath – 80 Necromancer

in WvW

Posted by: Manoa.5897

Manoa.5897

The advice in the video is all fine and well if you encounter an enemy with a banana or raspberries. But what is one to do if we have to fight against someone with a :gasp: PINEAPPLE?

Chaos Spatulai [Chef] | Paragon City Elite [PCE]
Henge of Denravi

in WvW

Posted by: Debois Guilbert.6413

Debois Guilbert.6413

Don’t think artificer potions do much good in WvW. Arenanet should add a Potion of Troll Slaying giving +10% dmg to spawn campers and such.

Altoholic Luciana Delaluna, Ranger
Phoenix Ascendant [ASH] – Gate of Madness
“This space intentionally left blank.” ~ Zork

in WvW

Posted by: Thundar.3910

Thundar.3910

Wrenches are far more OP than Fruits!

Keep Calm and Conquer
When you are out numbered, and the situation is hopeless, you have no option-you must attack

in WvW

Posted by: sinfulape.6301

sinfulape.6301

Seriously guys, take a look at the video first before you comment. Anyway, great video, just what I needed.

in WvW

Posted by: crystalpink.2487

crystalpink.2487

lol I love this topic.

Please nerf or remove fresh fruits from WvW xD

Euphemia Hime (Elementalist), Pinky Pearl (Mesmer), Avicenia (Ranger), Vanille Morgana (Necromancer)
Chibi Asura San (Engineer), Hikaru Masai (Guardian), Selene Minerva (Revenant)
Guild: The Bunnies [Bun] ~ Server: Jade Quarry

in WvW

Slayer Lord.5023

The advice in the video is all fine and well if you encounter an enemy with a banana or raspberries. But what is one to do if we have to fight against someone with a :gasp: PINEAPPLE?

I was on my Charr Warrior holding Stonemist wall with about a dozen other people. We must have held 2:1 odds on Sanctum of Rall for a half hour or more solid. Then when more people and even a commander are garrisoned in Stonemist, they somehow overpowered them and take it. I suspect usage of pineapples.

Jade Quarry Server

[DARK]

in WvW

Posted by: sostronk.8167

sostronk.8167

Im currently levelling a theif to see for myself. Thus far, my prediction is that I will find that thiefs are getting a bad name due to hackers and that they aren’t so OP at all.

in WvW

Posted by: MikeFerguson.8921

MikeFerguson.8921

Fresh fruit is not OP, you simply need to counter it with a silly walk.

in WvW

Posted by: Mastermavrick.2439

Mastermavrick.2439

Fresh fruit is not OP, you simply need to counter it with a silly walk.

=D

The Revenant Apostle [Rvnt]→ DragonBand
Kaiji Ruko – 80 Ranger, Revanat Shadowdeath – 80 Necromancer

in WvW

Posted by: Wizardauz.3761

Wizardauz.3761

You wanna see OP?

nerf asap

Ehmry Bay – Good Fights Guild Leader
Lvl 80 Sylvari Guardian – Tzenjin [GF]
Lvl 80 Human Elementalist – Tzenkai [GF]

in WvW

Posted by: Doomdesire.9365

Doomdesire.9365

Fruit is for losers. Eat cake!

Attachments:

in WvW

Posted by: Windmoor.9834

Windmoor.9834

I remember this from the first beta….I still have nightmares of it, and its black minons….

I was told they already nerfed the rabbits in GW2.

Don’t fear the unknown, CONQUER IT!!!

in WvW

Posted by: Polismassa.6740

Polismassa.6740

immediately thought of monty python when i saw this thread and barely dared to hope that it would be something actually related to it and not QQ, to my delight, it actually was. good job making me laugh my kitten off OP. Oh and also, my favorite python sketch:

[IX]

in WvW

Posted by: crystalpink.2487

crystalpink.2487

You wanna see OP?

nerf asap

lol, nerf white bunnies ASAP.

Euphemia Hime (Elementalist), Pinky Pearl (Mesmer), Avicenia (Ranger), Vanille Morgana (Necromancer)
Chibi Asura San (Engineer), Hikaru Masai (Guardian), Selene Minerva (Revenant)
Guild: The Bunnies [Bun] ~ Server: Jade Quarry

in WvW

Posted by: Rainu.6871

Rainu.6871

immediately thought of monty python when i saw this thread and barely dared to hope that it would be something actually related to it and not QQ, to my delight, it actually was. good job making me laugh my kitten off OP. Oh and also, my favorite python sketch:

New mesmer elite skill? Especially effective against charr.

in WvW

Posted by: papryk.6273

papryk.6273

You wanna see OP?

nerf asap

that’s the same bunny from the harpy fractal level!

in WvW

Posted by: Winfernal.9208

Winfernal.9208

Monthy Python tread?

Oh, GW2 community, you make my morning so bright!

“Kharomir” – Human Guardian
[DW] Dynasty Warriors, [TNA] The Northern Assembly
http://www.farshiverpeaks.com

in WvW

Posted by: Silke.1695

Silke.1695

I love Monty Python! great thread Slayer:D
Here’s how they are smuggling in that OP fresh fruit! What you think is supply, is in reality froouut! Beware!

Attachments:

Toasted Coaster

in WvW

Posted by: Brow.9425

Brow.9425

You wanna see OP?

nerf asap

that’s the same bunny from the harpy fractal level!

No, this is, in fact, the final boss of the Great Critter Hunt in beta weekend 1, the Legendary Rabbit. The player recording this had quite better frame rate than I did.

Rathan Kelet — Maguuma

in WvW

Posted by: styx.7294

styx.7294

So rangers are overpowered against raspberries?

Gate of Madness

in WvW

Posted by: Doppel Gangerz.5614

Doppel Gangerz.5614

in WvW

Posted by: DarkElvenChic.2618

DarkElvenChic.2618

Lol, this thread is pure win. Thanks for the laugh guys! ^.^

Commander ~ Aurora Noctai ~ Thief
Officer of Rethesis [RE] ~ Kaineng
NEO Alliance ~ NeverEndingOdds.com

in WvW

Posted by: VOLKON.1290

VOLKON.1290

Please! Please! This is supposed to be a happy occasion! Let’s not bicker and argue about who fruited who. We are here today to witness the union of two young people in the joyful bond of the holy wedlock. Unfortunately, one of them, my son Herbert, has just fallen to his death.

#TeamJadeQuarry

in WvW

Posted by: Saturn.6591

Saturn.6591

You know, I once saw like around half (or maybe a bit more) of knights of the coconut, and that was when I knew I have to stop because otherwise I would have to punch babies or something (not like I’d do such a thing; but it’s a saying I catched up from some american guy). Well, now my opinion about Monty Python got verified. It’s just utterly reta… ugh, I guess I shouldn’t write this word out here.

I will NEVER understand how people can like something that’s just… some guys doing totally random stuff that’s not even funny in any way, but instead makes them look stupid enough that you wonder how they can even remember to breath. Watching it makes me feel like my IQ just dropped by at least 50 points (and I still don’t consider it funny xD).

Meh. This wasn’t meant to offend anyone. I’m just trying to express my feelings towards Monty Python.

Also, I’m expressing my solidarity to those who feel similar like me and just got a bit frightened because there’s a thread full of Monty Python fanboys in this forum. ;P ^^

in WvW

Slayer Lord.5023

Bare in mind this was made during a time when silly random things was new to comedy in the 1970’s. My father introduced me to them when I was young and it ran on PBS. You can only break ground once and the younger you are the less groundbreaking there is.

Rabbits and walking is overpowered!!!!!!!!!! Cats still confused, as anyone would be.

Jade Quarry Server

[DARK]

in WvW

Posted by: SenorMoody.5908

SenorMoody.5908

I would love to have that Silly Walk Emote in game! lol

Wish it, Want it, Do it!

in WvW

Posted by: zathorovarnur.9786

zathorovarnur.9786

There are lots of threads on mesmers and thieves. I personally find flaws in mesmers and thieves. Mesmers need help from other players and their own illusions. Thieves must rely on hit and run tactics and stealth. If they fail at these things, they are dead. Overpowered implies you don’t need tactics or others.

I know my Mesmer and my Thief are around level 60 and will need more then 20 levels and gear. Still, these classes are supposed to be overpowered, so why am I dying? A logical person might think that people have adapted to countering these classes especially on T1 like I play. I however have another theory.

Fresh Fruit! I have noticed almost all my enemies have this buff called “Nutrition”. This implies they use fruit. I however, don’t normally use fruit buffs. The player using fruit and other foods has a clear advantage over players who don’t. Why does no one rant on this? Oh sure this sounds like madness, but what if someone takes over a fully upgraded Stonemist with a buff from a banana?

This video will show you how to counter fresh fruit with pistols, AoE damage and pets.

Enjoy.

I came into this thread actually expecting this haha. What I did not expect on the other hand was….
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uprjmoSMJ-o

in WvW

Posted by: Aberrant.6749

Aberrant.6749

I think Food buffs are too weak. We have none that help us with gathering.

Tarnished Coast
Salvage 4 Profit + MF Guide – http://tinyurl.com/l8ff6pa

in WvW

Posted by: Tyanir.3970

Tyanir.3970

This thread should be locked immediatly!
ITS SILLY!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iu7vySQbgXI

(edited by Tyanir.3970)

in WvW

Posted by: Aeldar.8417

Aeldar.8417

New Engineer Elite for WvW? We have hand grenades, are experts with demolitions, and can count to 3. This would be a perfect fit.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xOrgLj9lOwk

in WvW

Posted by: PopeUrban.2578

PopeUrban.2578

Actually, there are two perfectly viable counters to pineapples in WvW, both of which are demonstrated in this instructional video to varying degrees of success.

Guild Master – The Papacy [POPE] (Gate of Madness)/Road Scholar for the Durmand Priory
Writer/Director – Quaggan Quest
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ky2TGPmMPeQ

(edited by PopeUrban.2578)

in WvW

Posted by: Vodka.3958

Vodka.3958

I’ve never seen this before… If they took out the golem boxes they might as well take out every other type of PvE bought item

Commander [ICoa] Hollywood Fiend
Primal Emperor of Imperial Coalition
imperialcoalition.enjin.com