Frustrated with WvW and World Completition

in WvW

Posted by: Tazera.4739

Tazera.4739

Ok, so, my main focus on the game is PVE, but I have tried a little bit of PvP and WvW. Why? Because I’m trying to get Legendary and in order to do this I need World Completition. But honestly is getting frustrated. I know many people who feel like me and think is non-sense to force players to constantly check a part of the game they don’t enjoy. Plus the fact that the most difficult jumping puzzles are in WvW Eternal Battlegrounds and I suck on them :P Really, why ArenaNet don’t keep separated World Completition, same as they do with achievements and the Dayli. It’s frustrating for us, players that just want to enjoy PvE, and also for WvW players, since we keep the server busy… Probably ArenaNet is not going to answer or even do something about it… But it would be great, in a game we all love, not be be forced to do certain things that cause you frustration and not amusement.

(edited by Tazera.4739)

in WvW

Posted by: Tribio.8531

Tribio.8531

Pure WvW players are also forced to do PvE in order to get their world completion..

And I do believe that you can do your daily perfectly without entering WvW, or am I mistaken here?

The Hatreidis family: Freya / Nina / Demonica / Athena / Faith / Arya / Angie / Sansa
Commander – Jam Death [Jd]
Fissure of Woe

in WvW

Posted by: Snowreap.5174

Snowreap.5174

I already know that the 4 WvW maps are required for 100% map completion, but what’s this about jumping puzzles? as far as I know the jumping puzzles don’t contain any objectives needed for map completion.

getting WvW map completion used to be easier when there was more movement within the rankings. now things are very stratified, and while it’s still possible to get map completion even if your server gets the same color week after week, it’s definitely harder now, especially if you are stuck as the weakest server in your tier.

I saw another post indicating that Arenanet may be considering some kind of color rotation scheme that would help with this issue.

-ken

p.s. the most difficult jumping puzzle isn’t in Eternal Battlegrounds, it’s in Southsun Cove.

The Purge [PURG] – Ehmry Bay

(edited by Snowreap.5174)

in WvW

Posted by: GrandmaFunk.3052

GrandmaFunk.3052

You want a Legendary weapon: you need to do legendary feats, such as mastering several of the game’s modes/activities.. even if you don’t like some of them.

GamersWithJobs [GWJ]
Northern Shiverpeaks

in WvW

Posted by: lunatuna.6823

lunatuna.6823

Jumping puzzles used to be the fastest way to get 500 badges, but I am not so sure anymore with the bump in WvW loot drops. Run with the zerg or man siege during a tower/keep defense if you don’t like JPs.

in WvW

Posted by: Snowreap.5174

Snowreap.5174

by the way, while I totally understand the OP’s frustration, and acknowledge that the situation is actually getting worse, not better, I am not advocating any change in the current mechanic.

yes, it’s hard to get WvW map completion because you can’t do it solo — you need to rely on your teammates to help you get the harder map objectives like the garrison vistas in the enemy borderlands.

but the fact that it’s difficult, and that you need to work as a group, makes it all the sweeter when you finally achieve it.

the WvW players have to do PvE and crafting to get their legendaries, so you have to WvW to get yours. fair is fair.

-ken

The Purge [PURG] – Ehmry Bay

in WvW

Posted by: deracs.1762

deracs.1762

Its called WORLD completion which implies the entire world of GW2. Also this is a legendary feat which implies it should be difficult and challenging.

If this was the case it should include all dungeons and all sPvP maps. Of course it doesnt. if you are stuck in an undermanned WvW server you will likely wait months now for a chance at map completion, and personally I think that is wrong

in WvW

Posted by: Valik Shin.9027

Valik Shin.9027

Its called WORLD completion which implies the entire world of GW2. Also this is a legendary feat which implies it should be difficult and challenging.

If this was the case it should include all dungeons and all sPvP maps. Of course it doesnt. if you are stuck in an undermanned WvW server you will likely wait months now for a chance at map completion, and personally I think that is wrong

Well I think it wrong that pve players get all the good skins and loot drops and leech off from the world bonuses we give you by doing well in wvw. So you can just deal

Valik Shin
Darkwood Legion [DARK]
Yak’s Bend

in WvW

Posted by: Fomby.4295

Fomby.4295

People complain about WvW completion for a legendary.

As a WvW player that finds the rest of the game incredibly boring, I can’t believe I would need to finish all the pve crap to get a legendary.

And if you find that opinion is crazy sauce, perhaps that’s what what other people think of you complaining about WvW completion.

Maguuma [PYRO]
Kal Snow – Norn Guardian

in WvW

deracs.1762

Truth be told I would prefer that there would be a legendary challenge for WvW, one for PvE, and one for sPvP. Make the challenge difficult enough is fine. Forcing WvW players to PvE is as bad as forcing PvE players to WvW. GW2 has done a good job of making the 3 aspects of the game good for the players that like those things, so people can enjoy playing what they like

in WvW

Posted by: Endemonadia.8593

Endemonadia.8593

You want a Legendary weapon: you need to do legendary feats, such as mastering several of the game’s modes/activities.. even if you don’t like some of them.

This.

If u want to run around and showoff your rare legendary weapon then u must be able to do the hardest parts of the game… and that means u must show that u can perform in ALL difficult parts of GW2.

If u cant do PvP then u dont deserve a legendary.

This isnt like Wow where Blizzard hands out Welfare epics to anyone who QQs on the forums, this game u must actually spend ALOT of time and put in ALOT of effort to get the best rewards.

Do the work or u dont deserve it… sorry dude but thats the way it is

in WvW

Posted by: Debsylvania.7396

Debsylvania.7396

I already know that the 4 WvW maps are required for 100% map completion, but what’s this about jumping puzzles? as far as I know the jumping puzzles don’t contain any objectives needed for map completion.

getting WvW map completion used to be easier when there was more movement within the rankings. now things are very stratified, and while it’s still possible to get map completion even if your server gets the same color week after week, it’s definitely harder now, especially if you are stuck as the weakest server in your tier.

I saw another post indicating that Arenanet may be considering some kind of color rotation scheme that would help with this issue.

-ken

p.s. the most difficult jumping puzzle isn’t in Eternal Battlegrounds, it’s in Southsun Cove.

Jumping Puzzles are not required for world completion. I think the OP is referring to one or more of the Vistas which require jumping to access. WvW is not the only place where this happens. Some PVE Vistas are set up this way, too.

For the OP: I’m not a fan of dungeons in general, but I will have to do TA upwards of thirty times if I want to earn my legendary. That’s the way the game is designed, and as has been said previously, part of being rewarded involves having the tenacity to slog through everything required, including the stuff you don’t necessarily like.

Deb ~The Chewbacca Defense [TCD];
Waiting For Death [WFD]
@ Borlis Pass Server

(edited by Debsylvania.7396)

in WvW

Posted by: Lepew.7890

Lepew.7890

I think he WvW for map completion is a breadcrumb method to expose more players to WvW, and hopefully encourage participation. Those of you who exclusively PvE reap the rewards of your realm’s WvW efforts, and having you contribute to that a little bit as you acquire your legendary is not much to ask. All of that farming you do for your legendary directly benefits from WvW bonuses.

McDingus – DDLG guild – Stormbluff Isle

in WvW

Posted by: LunaNosCustodit.1458

LunaNosCustodit.1458

Well I think it wrong that pve players get all the good skins and loot drops and leech off from the world bonuses we give you by doing well in wvw. So you can just deal

Those world bonuses are the most insignificant thing ever. I never even notice them.

in WvW

Posted by: DryHumour.1307

DryHumour.1307

I personally like the idea of PvE versions of the WvWvW maps which awards no PvP benefits whatsoever (badges, blueprints). This would keep non-contributing PvE players from taking up slots on map and in queue while freeing up space for more dedicated WvWvW players. The PvE players can take their time and enjoy the art, content, JPs at their leisure while WvWvW players never need set eyes on them. Since badges aren’t awarded, you’d still need to do WvWvW to complete a Legendary (and in a pinch, completion of the PvE map versions could simply not award Gifts).

in WvW

Posted by: Catisa.6507

Catisa.6507

And how many months did you spend grinding away all the other things you need for legendary? Just because you most likely left it for last doesn’t mean it should be fast. If you had started looking at wvw when you started playing PvE you’d probably ave them done by now.
I’ve 8 toons, all 8 of them have all 4 wvw 100% complete. It’s not hard if you open your eyes and use your brain. My guild is pretty good about mentioning in guild chat that ‘we just capped XXX in wvw, better hurry in if you need the vista/poi’.

EDIT: And yes world completion should have included dungeon PoI. sPvP has no relevance tho, you don’t even use the same rules or gear.

AR

in WvW

deracs.1762

And how many months did you spend grinding away all the other things you need for legendary? Just because you most likely left it for last doesn’t mean it should be fast. If you had started looking at wvw when you started playing PvE you’d probably ave them done by now.
I’ve 8 toons, all 8 of them have all 4 wvw 100% complete. It’s not hard if you open your eyes and use your brain. My guild is pretty good about mentioning in guild chat that ‘we just capped XXX in wvw, better hurry in if you need the vista/poi’.

EDIT: And yes world completion should have included dungeon PoI. sPvP has no relevance tho, you don’t even use the same rules or gear.

I think you misunderstand me. I have no legendary, nor will I ever. I am simply a firm believer that PvE players should not be forced into PvP, and PvP players should not be forced into PvE. Despite your insulting overtones, it is not as easy now, especially for newer players to get full map completition with out the free server transfers that many used in the early days, just as it is harder to get skill points in places like cursed shores now that few people bother with temple events

in WvW

Endemonadia.8593

I have no legendary, nor will I ever. I am simply a firm believer that PvE players should not be forced into PvP, and PvP players should not be forced into PvE.

I really dont like this Wow mentality to GW2.

Forget PvE and PvP and think about doing epic achievements to obtain your legendary. GW2 is based around Dungeons, Fractals and WvW so it only makes sense that every one of those r included as requirements to obtain that legendary.

Legendary weapons should only be weilded by players who have proven themselves in ALL parts of GW2. Its like a badge of honour to showoff that ur a great GW2 player and u have put in alot of time and effort… therefore u DESERVE the legendary weapon.

If u dont like part of GW2 and u refuse to make any effort to participate in that part then im afraid u dont deserve that legendary weapon. Go play Wow where many of their legendaries demand zero skill and effort cos they r a random drop off a boss.

Anet got it right to ensure that their legendaries cannot be obtained by fluke or by lazy players. Theyre obtained by loyal players who have continued to play their game

in WvW

Posted by: Omne.4603

Omne.4603

Threads like these make me laugh. Even in a casual game: “I HAVE TO DO STUFF??”.

I Cant Stop/ Ocularis
NSP | Os Guild Master
www.osguild.org | www.youtube.com/osthink

in WvW

Posted by: Omne.4603

Omne.4603

I have no legendary, nor will I ever. I am simply a firm believer that PvE players should not be forced into PvP, and PvP players should not be forced into PvE.

I really dont like this Wow mentality to GW2.

Forget PvE and PvP and think about doing epic achievements to obtain your legendary. GW2 is based around Dungeons, Fractals and WvW so it only makes sense that every one of those r included as requirements to obtain that legendary.

Legendary weapons should only be weilded by players who have proven themselves in ALL parts of GW2. Its like a badge of honour to showoff that ur a great GW2 player and u have put in alot of time and effort… therefore u DESERVE the legendary weapon.

If u dont like part of GW2 and u refuse to make any effort to participate in that part then im afraid u dont deserve that legendary weapon. Go play Wow where many of their legendaries demand zero skill and effort cos they r a random drop off a boss.

Anet got it right to ensure that their legendaries cannot be obtained by fluke or by lazy players. Theyre obtained by loyal players who have continued to play their game

This. Everygame WOW indirectly takes a kitten on.

I Cant Stop/ Ocularis
NSP | Os Guild Master
www.osguild.org | www.youtube.com/osthink

in WvW

Posted by: Valik Shin.9027

Valik Shin.9027

Those world bonuses are the most insignificant thing ever. I never even notice them.

I don’t notice them much either but I know people they play a lot of pve and know about them say they make a difference

Valik Shin
Darkwood Legion [DARK]
Yak’s Bend

in WvW

Catisa.6507

Sorry but when legendaries are sold on the TP and all it takes is for some lazy person to buy it, the entire exercise becomes a joke. Nothing legendary about it. Just a lot of mindless farming for mats/gold. No skill or actual ability needed to obtain one, other then the ability to deal with monotonous grinding.

AR

in WvW

Posted by: Merendel.7128

Merendel.7128

if you are stuck in an undermanned WvW server you will likely wait months now for a chance at map completion, and personally I think that is wrong

Even on an undermanned server it can be done. If you can organize enough people any POI or vista in WvW can be bum rushed with a bit of misdirection. Take a zerg of 30 or so and flip camps in various borders to get supply. Once full on supply jump to the location of your true targets and bum rush the doors. several rams on the door will drop them before any meaningful defence can arrive, even if you dont cap the location you got inside for the POI and probably the vista as well. Its nearly impossible to stop a group attempting a smash and grab like this unless you have your own defenders very close at hand as they can be through the doors in under 2 minutes. you may wipe but if you were out to get the POI you still succeed.

SM and the other EB keeps are some of the few places this does not work well and its still possible to get in at odd hours or on the tail end of a push from the other server trying to take it. Any of the towers however can be easily rushed if the enemy is bussy and a few have POI’s close enough to the door you can facerub and get them.

(edited by Merendel.7128)

in WvW

Posted by: Parktou.4263

Parktou.4263

I would love it if they seperated PvE from WvW, I’m all for getting the non-WvWers/PvPers out of WvW.

Shocking Shorty-Asura Tempest | Magnificent Mike-Troll Warrior | Lockpick Louie- Human Daredevil
Fabio Feline- Charr DH | Viktor Virtuoso-Norn Reaper | Pocket Prestige-Asura Chrono
Killer Kasserole-Plant Druid | Frankie Feline-Cat Scrapper | Felix Feline-Charr Herald

in WvW

Posted by: Amins.3710

Amins.3710

OP – You’re absolutely right.

I’m so tired of having to do PvE Map completion and PvE farming in order to get my Legendary.

Why on earth would you make a Legendary part of PvE? I mean, who really plays PvE anyways?

Isn’t this a PvP/WvW game? I mean, that was the pitch, right?

Amins – Guardian
Gameplay Video’s & Forum Post

in WvW

Posted by: silverfire.2547

silverfire.2547

But it would be great, in a game we all love, not be be forced to do certain things that cause you frustration and not amusement.

Agreed! I’d love it if ArenaNet would remove all PvE requirements from making legendary weapons? Why should I be forced to do PvE when it causes nothing but frustration?

In fact, given that I’m usually in PvE only while WvW is queued, it’s psychologically reinforced every single time as something terrible that should not ever happen.

Mira Alluvion (Me) | Hanna Bulwark (W) | Sophie Dusthaven (Th)
[CoSA]/[WWGD] // Sorrow’s Furnace (since August 2012) US West Evening Shift

in WvW

Endemonadia.8593

Sorry but when legendaries are sold on the TP and all it takes is for some lazy person to buy it, the entire exercise becomes a joke. Nothing legendary about it. Just a lot of mindless farming for mats/gold. No skill or actual ability needed to obtain one, other then the ability to deal with monotonous grinding.

So u think amassing around 2,000 gold is lazy????

Dude, even players who spend weeks and weeks grinding enough gold to buy a legendary off of the AH deserve these legendaries to a high degree. I do agree its not as special as doing the work to craft a legendary yourself but its still a demonstration of commitment, effort and spending alot of time in GW2.

If someone has bought the gold off a goldseller then theyve broken the rules of GW2 anyway so this possibility cannot even be discussed here. Cheating to get a legendary is still cheating and deserves a ban.

Ofc id prefer that legendaries cannot be bought and sold but its still not necessarily the easiest route to obtain one.

in WvW

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

I think several of these post’s show an elevated level of elitism and narcissism.

I believe the solution will come in the form of Arenanet randomly shuffling each worlds positioning at reset. Making it just a matter of playing and waiting. Remember, this is a game for entertainment. Denying or withholding happiness from others will not accomplish anything good.

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

(edited by DeWolfe.2174)

in WvW

Posted by: Manoa.5897

Manoa.5897

I started out as a PvEer and wasn’t very keen on PvP until this game. I am REALLY glad that 100% world completion required the WvW maps. Had it not been for that requirement, I may not have been compelled to give WvW a try (and if I had, would not have spent nearly as much time on the WvW maps), would never have known how much I liked WvW and likely would never have gotten to know all the awesome WvW folks on my server that I have befriended.

Thank you ArenaNet!

Chaos Spatulai [Chef] | Paragon City Elite [PCE]
Henge of Denravi

(edited by Manoa.5897)

in WvW

Posted by: silverfire.2547

silverfire.2547

I’d actually love to see the Badge of Honor vendor moved to an NPC that only spawns when your team has fully upgraded SM, and only when its waypoint is not contested.

That way even if you cheat to get your badges by running the jump puzzle instead of murdering people, the other servers can still deny you your legendary by fighting over the castle.

That and maybe, just maybe the carebears will help us keep those annoying door to door thieves and rangers away from trying to sell us Shamwow.

Mira Alluvion (Me) | Hanna Bulwark (W) | Sophie Dusthaven (Th)
[CoSA]/[WWGD] // Sorrow’s Furnace (since August 2012) US West Evening Shift

in WvW

Catisa.6507

So u think amassing around 2,000 gold is lazy????

Dude, even players who spend weeks and weeks grinding enough gold to buy a legendary off of the AH deserve these legendaries to a high degree. I do agree its not as special as doing the work to craft a legendary yourself but its still a demonstration of commitment, effort and spending alot of time in GW2.

If someone has bought the gold off a goldseller then theyve broken the rules of GW2 anyway so this possibility cannot even be discussed here. Cheating to get a legendary is still cheating and deserves a ban.

Ofc id prefer that legendaries cannot be bought and sold but its still not necessarily the easiest route to obtain one.

you know you can legally buy gold from anet … just saying. Lazy or not, it still shows a complete lack of skill.

AR

in WvW

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

I’d just like to point out that I’m happy Silverfire doesn’t work for Anet. The game would be niche at best, the way you just described your vision for it. And, for the Carebears wise crack, you might want to read up on how popular they are. It’s a much better franchise than this game, unfortunately. Because good will forever be healthier and more desired.

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

in WvW

Posted by: Manoa.5897

Manoa.5897

Don’t let silverfire fool ya. I’m a total Carebear and he totally gets along with me just fine. I suspect it’s because my Carebear Stare is so effective in WvW.

Attachments:

Chaos Spatulai [Chef] | Paragon City Elite [PCE]
Henge of Denravi

(edited by Manoa.5897)

in WvW

Posted by: Tazera.4739

Tazera.4739

As some people have already remarked it, a Legendary that you can buy with real money doesn’t involve challenging feats. so, nope, that is not a good answer :P