Full cele for my ele?

Full cele for my ele?

in WvW

Posted by: Nimrud.5642

Nimrud.5642

Hello,

I’m about to set foot in www with my ele. I played a fair amount of spvp games, so I’m not a complete noob. But my knowledge about www specifics is quite poor. So the first thing I did was checking metabattle… but the second thing was coming here and asking you guys, cause you know metabattle… good, good but not good enough every time. They suggest to toss in some soldier/knight gear too.

So would it be a mistake to go full celestial? I mean weapons, armor, accessories, etc.

I plan to run the www versions of the common spvp builds for staff and d/d. And celestial being so awesome for the ele, it feels like I’m missing out something when I dedicate gear slots to soldier/knight items. But this only may be the case because I’m a www-noob…

Help me out pls!

enthusiastic noob

Full cele for my ele?

in WvW

Posted by: Aggrostemma.1703

Aggrostemma.1703

In WvW the Full celestial gear is almost never a good idea. It hit’s like a wet noodle, has no HP, low armour. The extra condition damage usually goes to waste because every enemy has plenty of condi removal and/or -36-40% condition duration food. Healing power sounds good on paper but the very second you get out of Water you are as good as dead.

Soldiers + celestial for staff Zerg. I prefer zerker instead of celestial here. (even full zerker can work)
Something + celestial for D/D roaming/havoking. Something can be knight/valkyrie/soldier.

You NEED vitality and toughness. Or range.

EDIT:
Staff zerg support: I use soldier armour with Pack runes, berserker weapon and one knight ring, the rest are berserkers too.
D/D roamer: Same, soldiers armour with Pack runes and full celestial accessories. My daggers are knights.

#I no words have"

(edited by Aggrostemma.1703)

Full cele for my ele?

in WvW

Posted by: xDudisx.5914

xDudisx.5914

For zerging celestial is not optimal but works. It shines in small scale and 1v1. Even after might nerf celestial ele is still going to be super strong 1v1.

I have 1 ele with ascended celestial armor/weapon/trinkets. In wvw you not only have more power/condi than in spvp but you also get +250 power from bloodlust and +100 power/condi from guard stacks and also sharpening stones.

Very few builds can 1v1 you. And those builds are not very common to see in wvw.

One downside is that your burst popential is not that great. If they decide to just run away and avoid fight you probably wont stop them alone.

Ouroboro Knight’s [OK]

Full cele for my ele?

in WvW

Aggrostemma.1703

I understand what xDudisx says and I accept that s/he likes it… I still say it is not really optimal. A healthy mix of soldiers/knights/berserker/celestial is the way to go…

(just my 2 cents…)

#I no words have"

Full cele for my ele?

in WvW

Posted by: robotempire.2451

robotempire.2451

Wish you would’ve told me this before I’m 1 charged quartz away from full Wupwup…

Full cele for my ele?

in WvW

xDudisx.5914

I understand what xDudisx says and I accept that s/he likes it… I still say it is not really optimal. A healthy mix of soldiers/knights/berserker/celestial is the way to go…

(just my 2 cents…)

In a 1v1 perspective where the enemy stay and fight full celestial is the best by far. It is basicaly the op build from spvp adapted to wvw.

Ouroboro Knight’s [OK]

Full cele for my ele?

in WvW

Posted by: Jim Hunter.6821

Jim Hunter.6821

(just my 2 cents…)

In a 1v1 perspective where the enemy stay and fight full celestial is the best by far. It is basicaly the op build from spvp adapted to wvw.

Yup, it’s pretty much the ele version of running condi thief or PU mes. Low risk/ high reward. The trade off is the higher the number of people in the fight the less effective the build becomes.

Also known as Puck when my account isn’t suspended
LGN

Full cele for my ele?

in WvW

xDudisx.5914

(just my 2 cents…)

Yup, it’s pretty much the ele version of running condi thief or PU mes. Low risk/ high reward. The trade off is the higher the number of people in the fight the less effective the build becomes.

To be fair celestial ele works great up to 5-10 player group if you run d/d. Staff works for anything but more than 10-15 you are not getting much benefit from the healing power and condi because the way condi clear is so abundant in larger scale.

Your comparison is terrible though. Ele is much higher skill cap and risk than PU mesmer p/d thief.

Ouroboro Knight’s [OK]

Full cele for my ele?

in WvW

Posted by: pepper.6179

pepper.6179

(just my 2 cents…)

To be fair celestial ele works great up to 5-10 player group if you run d/d. Staff works for anything but more than 10-15 you are not getting much benefit from the healing power and condi because the way condi clear is so abundant in larger scale.

Your comparison is terrible though. Ele is much higher skill cap and risk than PU mesmer p/d thief.

d/d cele eles can sustain longer than most builds.

[SA]

(edited by pepper.6179)

Full cele for my ele?

in WvW

Nimrud.5642

A lot of helpful answers, thank you!

I’m mostly interested in roaming and small scale battles, so then I think I can stick to full celestial. Am I getting it right? I may occasionally join zergs too, but thats not my kind of thing. I prefer balanced, toe to toe fights. (Thats why I started out in spvp.)

enthusiastic noob

Full cele for my ele?

in WvW

Posted by: ResJudicator.7916

ResJudicator.7916

Full celestial ele is not optimal in WvW, even in 1v1s, because of the interaction of food buffs. The reason celestial ele is so powerful in sPvP is because (1) you maintain a LOT of pressure through high burning + poison uptime that let’s you outsustain your opponent; and (2) you have less control over your stat allocation; and

In WvW, almost every non-condi class will run lemongrass poultry for -40% condi duration, which means your burning and poison won’t last as long. To the point where it’s not even worth taking sigil of doom, which means your only real damage is coming from burning. On top of that, most of the builds you’ll be running against in WvW will have more condi clear (SA thieves, PU mesmers) so burning won’t stick nearly as long as it does against the meta builds you see in sPvP.

Unlike in sPvP, you generally can’t rely on out-sustaining your opponent in WvW because there’s no incentive for your opponent to stay in a losing fight. Most people will just back off and reset, with nothing lost. Or, during your 2-3 minute long fight, your opponent’s teammates come in and force you to retreat.

Against condi builds, you definitely need a lot more power damage to quickly take them down before their condis wear you down.

With full celestial, you’re basically trading burst damage and survivability for a moderate increase to burning damage. Not worth it.

Another reason celestial is less useful in WvW is that, unlike in sPvP, you have a lot of control over how you allocate stat points in WvW. I would recommend a focus primarily on zerker/knight/soldier (adjust between tankiness<—->damage depending on how good you are at avoiding damage, what kind of builds your teammates run and how good they are at peeling for you, what kind of role you want to play for your team, etc.). Don’t get me wrong — it definitely makes sense to take a few pieces of celestial as needed to round out the stat spread you’re aiming for. But going full celestial is almost never a good idea for WvW unless you’re doing no food/oil duels in Obsidian Sanctum or something.

Full cele for my ele?

in WvW

Nimrud.5642

Full celestial ele is not optimal in WvW, even in 1v1s, because of the interaction of food buffs. The reason celestial ele is so powerful in sPvP is because (1) you maintain a LOT of pressure through high burning + poison uptime that let’s you outsustain your opponent; and (2) you have less control over your stat allocation; and

In WvW, almost every non-condi class will run lemongrass poultry for -40% condi duration, which means your burning and poison won’t last as long. To the point where it’s not even worth taking sigil of doom, which means your only real damage is coming from burning. On top of that, most of the builds you’ll be running against in WvW will have more condi clear (SA thieves, PU mesmers) so burning won’t stick nearly as long as it does against the meta builds you see in sPvP.

Unlike in sPvP, you generally can’t rely on out-sustaining your opponent in WvW because there’s no incentive for your opponent to stay in a losing fight. Most people will just back off and reset, with nothing lost. Or, during your 2-3 minute long fight, your opponent’s teammates come in and force you to retreat.

Against condi builds, you definitely need a lot more power damage to quickly take them down before their condis wear you down.

With full celestial, you’re basically trading burst damage and survivability for a moderate increase to burning damage. Not worth it.

Another reason celestial is less useful in WvW is that, unlike in sPvP, you have a lot of control over how you allocate stat points in WvW. I would recommend a focus primarily on zerker/knight/soldier (adjust between tankiness<—->damage depending on how good you are at avoiding damage, what kind of builds your teammates run and how good they are at peeling for you, what kind of role you want to play for your team, etc.). Don’t get me wrong — it definitely makes sense to take a few pieces of celestial as needed to round out the stat spread you’re aiming for. But going full celestial is almost never a good idea for WvW unless you’re doing no food/oil duels in Obsidian Sanctum or something.

This information will be enough for the next 25 years thank you. My last question: What about zealot gear?

enthusiastic noob

Full cele for my ele?

in WvW

ResJudicator.7916

Zealot gear seems pretty interesting, and I must confess that I haven’t really tried it much. I tend to find that healing power in WvW roaming tends not to make much of a difference, just because people can stack damage up so high. I’d personally go for toughness over healing power. Also, if you’re running the meta D/D trait spread, you’re already getting +300healing from the water traitline.

The one exception is if you’re roaming with a bunch of thieves/mesmers, in which case you’re probably going to be taking almost all of the focus damage. In that case, I’d go for a mix of toughness, vitality, healing power, and precision (to maintain vigor through renewing stamina). Your goal is just to bait opponents into staying committed long enough for your teammates to ensure downs.

Full cele for my ele?

in WvW

xDudisx.5914

Celestial is still optimal for 1v1 duels even factoring food. Btw celestial even not counting condi still more stats than normal stats. Mix stuff will just nerf you. With a mixed stat ele you wont be able to 1v1 outlast a celestial ele with the same skill lvl.

You are not trading dmg and survivability for only condi. You can mix as much as you want you will end up lacking in other are and end up having less survibability or less dmg than cele.

Example:

celestial ascended helmet 22*7 = 154 stats
other stat helmet = 47+34+34=115

Even if you make 0 use of condi dmg (which is not the case) you still have more stat. You can mix in such a way you will have more healing power, thoughness, vit, crit dmg, ferocity, etc than celestial. You try to spread out with mix and lose stats and lack in other areas.

obs: talking purely about 1v1/small scale

Ouroboro Knight’s [OK]

Full cele for my ele?

in WvW

ResJudicator.7916

Celestial is still optimal for 1v1 duels even factoring food. Btw celestial even not counting condi still more stats than normal stats. Mix stuff will just nerf you. With a mixed stat ele you wont be able to 1v1 outlast a celestial ele with the same skill lvl.

You are not trading dmg and survivability for only condi. You can mix as much as you want you will end up lacking in other are and end up having less survibability or less dmg than cele.

Example:

Even if you make 0 use of condi dmg (which is not the case) you still have more stat. You can mix in such a way you will have more healing power, thoughness, vit, crit dmg, ferocity, etc than celestial. You try to spread out with mix and lose stats and lack in other areas.

Again, if you’re talking purely about 1v1 Obsidian Sanctum duels, then I agree. The reason there is that OS duels basically play out the same as sPvP duels (limited boundaries, general custom against resetting fights).

In every other WvW situation, having more overall stats isn’t worth the loss in power, toughness, and ferocity. You really can’t approach a WvW fight the same way you do an sPvP fight.

The full-cele build is optimal in sPvP because you have time to ramp up your damage (building up might, stacking poison + burning, etc.) due to the fact that the fights are all occurring on a small control point. Your opponent gives up cap progress whenever he leaves the point, so your ability to put out a consistent level of pressure w/in 300 range (that builds up over time due to might stacking) really wins out.

In WvW, the fights tend to be a lot more mobile, which diminishes your ability to stack might. When you drop an RoF, for example, your opponent is just going to back off. You can then either waste your earth dodge roll, water3, and earth4 to build might, or save those skills and forgo the might, in which case you’ll hit like a wet noodle in a full-cele build.

You also won’t be constantly hitting your enemy in WvW, because WvW fights usually end up with the enemy repeatedly disengaging (with no cap point to worry about). Instead of relying on a slow and steady buildup of pressure, you need a setup that let’s you severely punish someone when he makes a mistake to have a chance of downing him. I.E., you need to be able to do a lot of spike damage when your opponent puts himself in a vulnerable position. Simply counting on “outlasting” him through might stacking and passive damage simply isn’t as effective.

Also, another issue with full-celestial in WvW is that you won’t be quite as tanky as you’re used to in sPvP. Glass cannons in WvW can stack up way more power/prec/crit than the sPvP zerker amulet provides.

You can mix as much as you want you will end up lacking in other are and end up having less survibability or less dmg than cele.

Your original point was about going >FULL< celestial. That is what I was disagreeing with. It makes sense to mix some celestial pieces in to round out your stats, and I think I suggested as much in my earlier post.

edit cause I suck at quoting.

(edited by ResJudicator.7916)

Full cele for my ele?

in WvW

Posted by: Jayden Ennok.3687

Jayden Ennok.3687

I’m mostly interested in roaming and small scale battles, so then I think I can stick to full celestial. Am I getting it right? I may occasionally join zergs too, but thats not my kind of thing. I prefer balanced, toe to toe fights. (Thats why I started out in spvp.)

LOL’d so hard considering you play cele.

Underworld Vabbi 1.5yr

Full cele for my ele?

in WvW

Nimrud.5642

What if I play against an other cele?

I understand you are b.tthurt, but you still dont need to spread your frustration and expand it to those who play the class you hate. I main a thief FYI, play a med guard too and stuff. Do I qualify now with my non-cheese classes? (Dont even get started on ‘stealth is OP’…)

enthusiastic noob

Full cele for my ele?

in WvW

Nimrud.5642

Having played an ele (and thief main, and warri and guard and ranger) for over a year in spvp, I never thought I’d be surprised this much about my beloved classes. Your discussion made me realize that I would not enjoy playing d/d outside of spvp. It also made me realize that even though I love staff the most, it does not fit the playstyle I’m intending to play in www (mostly solo or small scale and occasionally joining zergs for some loot). These kind of lead me to an off-topic decision: I’ll play my ranger for www.

I already roam on my thief, and I really enjoy it. Moreover I’ve never really found a proper role for my ranger in spvp to fill in. Power rangers are for soloq, tanky condi-rangers have a lot better alternatives. So maybe the time has come to pew-pew finally. (Guard and warri have range and mobility issues for www for my taste.) I’ll make a build a little tankier than your average glass cannon, lot of movement skills, CC, etc. Like a longbow thief. The thief took my heart in the beginning and no matter what other classes I’ve tried out, it still remained my most loved class.

Now you can call this ‘kind of’ drifting aways from the original topic, but well… its www. You never know whats coming your way. :P

enthusiastic noob

Full cele for my ele?

in WvW

Posted by: SobeSoul.6910

SobeSoul.6910

Example:

This is slightly untrue.

Pair equally skilled eles in a duel. The one with more power based stats have an advantage over the celestial based on the fact the amount of condi cleanse available in the ele’s defensive kitten nal.

Burning doesn’t have as much value against other eles as opposed to say engies with limited condi removal.

Full cele for my ele?

in WvW

xDudisx.5914

Example:

This is slightly untrue.

Pair equally skilled eles in a duel. The one with more power based stats have an advantage over the celestial based on the fact the amount of condi cleanse available in the ele’s defensive kitten nal.

Burning doesn’t have as much value against other eles as opposed to say engies with limited condi removal.

Even if you completely ignore condi dmg (wich is not the case) celestial still has more stats.

Ouroboro Knight’s [OK]

Full cele for my ele?

in WvW

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

resjudicator offers quite excellent advice, im saying that as someone who started in wvw roaming (and got gud) and sorta recently started picking up spvp (lack of updates…). pay attention to him.

on another note, an ele friend of mine has a set of just about every kind of armor you can have, and he doesnt like full cele very much. he says it doesnt offer the toughness rating hes looking for and has too much vit. one of the really powerful things about wvw is that your armor is almost infinitely customizable, so working out a set that takes a hit to overall stats but has exactly the stats you want to have is entirely possible. (i think he runs a couple pieces of valk/cavalier/knight/soldier in his bruiser build but i havent asked for the details).

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

Full cele for my ele?

in WvW

SobeSoul.6910

Example:

This is slightly untrue.

Even if you completely ignore condi dmg (wich is not the case) celestial still has more stats.

More stats in what respect?

You can out perform on a power basis while maintaining the general stats of celestial. Even if you lower healing power by 100 or so, it doesn’t really nerf the sustain in a 1v1.

Full cele for my ele?

in WvW

xDudisx.5914

Example:

This is slightly untrue.

You can out perform on a power basis while maintaining the general stats of celestial. Even if you lower healing power by 100 or so, it doesn’t really nerf the sustain in a 1v1.

You can argue as much as you want. Celestial is superior in 1v1s. You wont be able to kill a celestial in a duel with your mixed build.

Ouroboro Knight’s [OK]

Full cele for my ele?

in WvW

SobeSoul.6910

Have before in duels.

Full celestial isn’t all that and a bag of chips in wvw. Keep up on believing if it suits you.

Full cele for my ele?

in WvW

Posted by: Jayden Ennok.3687

Jayden Ennok.3687

I understand you are b.tthurt, but you still dont need to spread your frustration and expand it to those who play the class you hate. I main a thief FYI, play a med guard too and stuff. Do I qualify now with my non-cheese classes? (Dont even get started on ‘stealth is OP’…)

You couldn’t go more defensive than this over a fact I pointed out. I understand your frustration over community having the opinion that cele is op, but it is not a reason to call me names or state that I hate ele as a class while I mentioned “cele”, a full celestial build.

Underworld Vabbi 1.5yr

Full cele for my ele?

in WvW

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

Example:

This is slightly untrue.

You can argue as much as you want. Celestial is superior in 1v1s. You wont be able to kill a celestial in a duel with your mixed build.

i can make cele eles fgs away. but the duels are very close to a stalemate and can take 10 mins before they misplay or get baited. totally not dull.

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

Full cele for my ele?

in WvW

Nimrud.5642

You couldn’t go more defensive than this over a fact I pointed out. I understand your frustration over community having the opinion that cele is op, but it is not a reason to call me names or state that I hate ele as a class while I mentioned “cele”, a full celestial build.

Well call this 1:1. Calling me out for playing cele and liking toe to toe combat at the same time isnt particularly kind either. Anyways, lets move on…

enthusiastic noob

Full cele for my ele?

in WvW

Posted by: Xterra.6172

Xterra.6172

…In WvW, almost every non-condi class will run lemongrass poultry for -40% condi duration…

this is not true. for frontline (and bad backline) blobbers, yes they’ll likely use lemongrass. but most roamers that run power spec’s use power and/or precision buffing foods like omnomberry ghosts, truffle steak, etc.

Full cele for my ele?

in WvW

Posted by: lept.4692

lept.4692

It also made me realize that even though I love staff the most, it does not fit the playstyle I’m intending to play in www (mostly solo or small scale and occasionally joining zergs for some loot).

You can use staff to roam and do small scale stuff as well, you just have to adapt a bit. I suggest you at least try it out and see if you like it before dismissing the idea. I enjoy staff roaming much more than d/d, but it all comes down to personal preference.

Emu [VLK]

Full cele for my ele?

in WvW

Posted by: cillard.3986

cillard.3986

I do it all the time with my ele, and its generally not even close. You minimize the condition damage and their damage output becomes garbage. The little extra sustain they get doesn’t compensate for how much harder I hit them.

/shrug …maybe its just me.

Full cele for my ele?

in WvW

cillard.3986

Don’t get me wrong, celestial is very good small man or solo …..but it isn’t dominate in WvW the way it is in sPvP. In fact, I see very few celestial eles in WvW that actually use the gear set the right way. Most think they can just do what they do in sPvP and find the same success. I eat those guys for lunch.

Full cele for my ele?

in WvW

xDudisx.5914

Don’t get me wrong, celestial is very good small man or solo …..but it isn’t dominate in WvW the way it is in sPvP. In fact, I see very few celestial eles in WvW that actually use the gear set the right way. Most think they can just do what they do in sPvP and find the same success. I eat those guys for lunch.

When I log my ele I hardly ever die in a 1v1, unless facing something super rare like a perplexity fearmancer that knows how to play. Even in zergs you will only die if outblobed or if dumb enough to stay in a bomb.

Also normal in wvw it is easier to kill players because the skill lvl is in most cases lower than in spvp.

Ouroboro Knight’s [OK]

Full cele for my ele?

in WvW

cillard.3986

Not sure why you quoted me with your response as it had literally nothing to do with what I was commenting on.

Full cele for my ele?

in WvW

Posted by: the krytan assassin.9235

the krytan assassin.9235

There is a difference between WvW builds and sPvP builds. Celestial ele is good in sPvP primarily due to the low amount of stats provided. Because the low amount of stats you can easily survive when running full celestial while running at a raw power equal to your oponents due to mightstacking. Also your oponent (incase he doesn’t run celestial) will have to choose wether to go offensive or defensive stats, in both cases you can easily counter him because you have a fairly decent dps in combination with surviveability.

In WvW however you have alot more stats (~1300 stats more when running non cele gear) because wvw has alot more stats that means that the difference between your low power and the power of the oponent will increase, incase you pop might you will still end up putting up less power compared to the enemy, let alone the fact that WvW uses might alot more frequently. Because your low power you’re unable to put a decent amount of pressure on the enemy and therefore he can keep on going on full focus on you. you’ll end up running and dodging all the time because your DPS is to low. Also the enemies will be more balanced out since they are able to get both offensive and defensive statts outbeating the celestial in both terrains.

incase you go WvW i’d advice to get
2k attack
2.6k armor
500 healing
15k hp
40% crit chance
175% crit dmge

Although full cele might be a lillbit more forgiving due to it’s high vitality. When mastered the D/D ele you can unlock more potential by splitting up your gear in different stats.
For example you can take something like this:
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fFAQJAoYhcMKcW5wzBd0APAC5fv2JKQ5qJfC-TFTHABcs/ARKDITPwiqcwnqAOpE8HlQFpUogHAQTKZAUNEAOBABAQAuZbGAH9oH9oH9odzbezbezbWKAzVGB-w
(furios sharpening stones good option if you change build abit)
I did put some celestial in aswell, because the extra amount of stats obtained by using celestial is quite nice, however you need to make sure that your other stats are still balanced out.

For staff ele condition damage is pretty much the most pointless stat ingame since the staff ele doesn’t have that many conditions aswell as the fact that most of these conditions will be instantly removed by enemyzergs. The healing power will contribute abit to your surviveability, however it doesn’t boost your heal skill that much (only signet of restoration get a big boost by stacking healing) your attunement swap and dodge roll will effect abit but compared to the amount of hp you get from blasts etc is much higher making the extra heal on swap/dodge pretty useless.
When taken into account that healing+condi barely matter as a staff ele, non celestial will already provide more stats then celestial. When taking celestial you can’t distribute any of your remaining stats while you can balance out if you don’t pick celestial. again the low power will be the bottleneck in your build losing alot of dmge potential. When going for example soldiers+berserker you can pick a nice balance between your stats and the power won’t bottleneck you anymore providing alot more damage in the end.

For staff build i’d say that it depends on the playerskill aswell as formation you run in and the amount of enemy gankers. because you’ll encounter different situations you should have multiple armor sets to fully adapt to the current situation. The metabattle build is a good example of “the average situation”. In some cases the metabattle build wont be the most efficient and you’ll have to go more tanky/zerker, however in almost every single case going to celestial will result in a drop of efficiency.

OVERVIEW AND UPCOMING PATCH
In the end Celestial is just a complete joke for more advanced players in WvW, it’s fairly good for beginners since the build is really forgiveable. Also take into account that the upcoming update will nerf your mightstacks. the total loss of raw power will be around 4 stacks of battle sigil loss and 15 stacks of might. Combining these together will result in a total loss of power of :4×30+15x5=195 power, this will further nerf the current celestial build and therefore you should only adapt a small amount of celestial in your D/D build, for staff it’s not worth it in general.

DDD|elementalist| Piken commander|RaW|

Full cele for my ele?

in WvW

xDudisx.5914

There is a difference between WvW builds and sPvP builds. Celestial ele is good in sPvP primarily due to the low amount of stats provided. Because the low amount of stats you can easily survive when running full celestial while running at a raw power equal to your oponents due to mightstacking. Also your oponent (incase he doesn’t run celestial) will have to choose wether to go offensive or defensive stats, in both cases you can easily counter him because you have a fairly decent dps in combination with surviveability.

In WvW however you have alot more stats (~1300 stats more when running non cele gear) because wvw has alot more stats that means that the difference between your low power and the power of the oponent will increase, incase you pop might you will still end up putting up less power compared to the enemy, let alone the fact that WvW uses might alot more frequently. Because your low power you’re unable to put a decent amount of pressure on the enemy and therefore he can keep on going on full focus on you. you’ll end up running and dodging all the time because your DPS is to low. Also the enemies will be more balanced out since they are able to get both offensive and defensive statts outbeating the celestial in both terrains.

incase you go WvW i’d advice to get
2k attack
2.6k armor
500 healing
15k hp
40% crit chance
175% crit dmge

Although full cele might be a lillbit more forgiving due to it’s high vitality. When mastered the D/D ele you can unlock more potential by splitting up your gear in different stats.
For example you can take something like this:
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fFAQJAoYhcMKcW5wzBd0APAC5fv2JKQ5qJfC-TFTHABcs/ARKDITPwiqcwnqAOpE8HlQFpUogHAQTKZAUNEAOBABAQAuZbGAH9oH9oH9odzbezbezbWKAzVGB-w
(furios sharpening stones good option if you change build abit)
I did put some celestial in aswell, because the extra amount of stats obtained by using celestial is quite nice, however you need to make sure that your other stats are still balanced out.

For staff ele condition damage is pretty much the most pointless stat ingame since the staff ele doesn’t have that many conditions aswell as the fact that most of these conditions will be instantly removed by enemyzergs. The healing power will contribute abit to your surviveability, however it doesn’t boost your heal skill that much (only signet of restoration get a big boost by stacking healing) your attunement swap and dodge roll will effect abit but compared to the amount of hp you get from blasts etc is much higher making the extra heal on swap/dodge pretty useless.
When taken into account that healing+condi barely matter as a staff ele, non celestial will already provide more stats then celestial. When taking celestial you can’t distribute any of your remaining stats while you can balance out if you don’t pick celestial. again the low power will be the bottleneck in your build losing alot of dmge potential. When going for example soldiers+berserker you can pick a nice balance between your stats and the power won’t bottleneck you anymore providing alot more damage in the end.

For staff build i’d say that it depends on the playerskill aswell as formation you run in and the amount of enemy gankers. because you’ll encounter different situations you should have multiple armor sets to fully adapt to the current situation. The metabattle build is a good example of “the average situation”. In some cases the metabattle build wont be the most efficient and you’ll have to go more tanky/zerker, however in almost every single case going to celestial will result in a drop of efficiency.

OVERVIEW AND UPCOMING PATCH
In the end Celestial is just a complete joke for more advanced players in WvW, it’s fairly good for beginners since the build is really forgiveable. Also take into account that the upcoming update will nerf your mightstacks. the total loss of raw power will be around 4 stacks of battle sigil loss and 15 stacks of might. Combining these together will result in a total loss of power of :4×30+15x5=195 power, this will further nerf the current celestial build and therefore you should only adapt a small amount of celestial in your D/D build, for staff it’s not worth it in general.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fFAQJAoYhcMacW4wzBf0AAAAZMSZA-T1BEABScCA0S5Xf6BA4BAIoSQMV/Jm9HCAcA8bfDglXe5lXe5+93fXe5lLFATKjA-w

Same crit dmg, armor,
More healing power, more condi, more hp
A bit less critical chance, swap doom for bloodlust and you cover the power loss.

The extra healing you get makes a massive difference. Only on signet is +30hp per cast, add water attunement, cleansing wave etc, regen,…

Celestial outperform your mixed in all aspects without even factoring condis.

Ouroboro Knight’s [OK]

Full cele for my ele?

in WvW

Posted by: the krytan assassin.9235

the krytan assassin.9235

Same crit dmg, armor,
A bit less critical chance, swap doom for bloodlust and you cover the power loss.

The extra healing you get makes a massive difference. Only on signet is +30hp per cast, add water attunement, cleansing wave etc, regen,…

Celestial outperform your mixed in all aspects without even factoring condis. [/quote]

Plz if you want to correct me do it ATLEAST with some real numbers, full cele has 180 less armor, crit dmge+crit chance are kinda the same. power is 250 lower. Health is 2.9k higher however having 16k+2.5k applied fortitude is already more then enough so basically this extra amount of health is unnecesery. Condition dmge has a small uptime, alot of condition removal+condi duration reduce so channeling 3 sec of drake breath is pure waste. so having -310 condition dmge aint that bad. The extra healing in celestial build is quite nice i need to agree on that and will provide some extra surviveability, however the higher toughness will almost balance this out.

Basically you’re claiming that celestial has more stats, i can agree on that point, however you can’t just forget about the fact that some stats are more important then others. While celestial provides alot of useless stats where the other build provides around 10% more damage. Also like i stated earlier on in my comment, you need a certain amount of DPS to actually put pressure on your enemies. when going full cele that 10% damage drop often makes the difference btween being able to put enough pressure on the enemy or not. Also when you’re putting enough pressure on the target he will position and act more defensively giving yourself more time to use your heals aswell.

Oh and btw PLZ stop making a fool of yourself by randomly adding in sigil of bloodlust and start claiming that you have the same amount of power. I choose for sigil of doom because this will provide alot more pressure on the enemy since it’s the condition is pretty hard to remove in combination with the fact that it will put up -33% healing and a nice 100dps. Stats aren’t evrything it’s the balance of your skills stats sigils and runes that actually make a difference between builds.

DDD|elementalist| Piken commander|RaW|

Full cele for my ele?

in WvW

xDudisx.5914

Same crit dmg, armor,

Celestial outperform your mixed in all aspects without even factoring condis.

Plz if you want to correct me do it ATLEAST with some real numbers, full cele has 180 less armor, crit dmge+crit chance are kinda the same. power is 250 lower. Health is 2.9k higher however having 16k+2.5k applied fortitude is already more then enough so basically this extra amount of health is unnecesery. Condition dmge has a small uptime, alot of condition removal+condi duration reduce so channeling 3 sec of drake breath is pure waste. so having -310 condition dmge aint that bad. The extra healing in celestial build is quite nice i need to agree on that and will provide some extra surviveability, however the higher toughness will almost balance this out.

Basically you’re claiming that celestial has more stats, i can agree on that point, however you can’t just forget about the fact that some stats are more important then others. While celestial provides alot of useless stats where the other build provides around 10% more damage. Also like i stated earlier on in my comment, you need a certain amount of DPS to actually put pressure on your enemies. when going full cele that 10% damage drop often makes the difference btween being able to put enough pressure on the enemy or not. Also when you’re putting enough pressure on the target he will position and act more defensively giving yourself more time to use your heals aswell.

Oh and btw PLZ stop making a fool of yourself by randomly adding in sigil of bloodlust and start claiming that you have the same amount of power. I choose for sigil of doom because this will provide alot more pressure on the enemy since it’s the condition is pretty hard to remove in combination with the fact that it will put up -33% healing and a nice 100dps. Stats aren’t evrything it’s the balance of your skills stats sigils and runes that actually make a difference between builds.

[/quote]

Now you are looking dumb. The build you posted and the one I posted have the same armor. If you need more than 2.6k armor now that is a l2p issue.

You know how easy is to remove the poison? Oh you dont even consider a burning skill that reapplies every second but you are considering poison on 9s cd? If you are talking about vs a class that wont clear condis then celestial is even more stronger than your build.

Ouroboro Knight’s [OK]

Full cele for my ele?

in WvW

Posted by: Tiffany.8576

Tiffany.8576

Check link in my sig for some typical staff ele armor setups. Celestial is for sure non-optimal. It’s not terrible, but you can do better by min-maxing around your needed stats with other pieces. That’s the beauty of WvW compared to sPvP.

I personally run full zerk on staff and don’t have much of a problem. You just need good positioning and to make good use of your escapes.

Tiff | [TW] Tempest Wolves | WvW Staff Tempest Guide
NA/EU sPvP Elementalist

Full cele for my ele?

in WvW

xDudisx.5914

Check link in my sig for some typical staff ele armor setups. Celestial is for sure non-optimal. It’s not terrible, but you can do better by min-maxing around your needed stats with other pieces. That’s the beauty of WvW compared to sPvP.

I personally run full zerk on staff and don’t have much of a problem. You just need good positioning and to make good use of your escapes.

In a 1v1 your zerker will get kitten d by any competent player. In a blob you can run even naked an survive.

Ouroboro Knight’s [OK]

Full cele for my ele?

in WvW

Aggrostemma.1703

xDudisx:

OK, we get your point! You like the full Cele build we don’t. If you have fun with it do it!

You must be a really good D/D cele ele I wont ever be (no sarcasm here I mean it).

What I don’t like in full celestial that the extra stats you get go to waste as you change attunement.

Let me explain please:
If you are in Air or Water your Condition Damage does nothing. You can have Doom sigil but it scales poorly. So your extra CondiDamage stat is only available 50% of the time (I know you are not forced to change attunement that often…)
If you are in Earth, Air or Fire you won’t get much benefit of your HealingPower. You have a trait what can proc Regen and your Healing Signet’s passive… That’s all!

Meanwhile the “non-cele” stats (Power-Precision-Ferocity-Vitality-Toughness) boost your damage and survivability in every attunement.

Long story short: can we agree that we don’t agree?

#I no words have"

Full cele for my ele?

in WvW

xDudisx.5914

xDudisx:

OK, we get your point! You like the full Cele build we don’t. If you have fun with it do it!

You must be a really good D/D cele ele I wont ever be (no sarcasm here I mean it).

What I don’t like in full celestial that the extra stats you get go to waste as you change attunement.

Let me explain please:
If you are in Air or Water your Condition Damage does nothing. You can have Doom sigil but it scales poorly. So your extra CondiDamage stat is only available 50% of the time (I know you are not forced to change attunement that often…)
If you are in Earth, Air or Fire you won’t get much benefit of your HealingPower. You have a trait what can proc Regen and your Healing Signet’s passive… That’s all!

Meanwhile the “non-cele” stats (Power-Precision-Ferocity-Vitality-Toughness) boost your damage and survivability in every attunement.

Long story short: can we agree that we don’t agree?

The direct dmg at water and earth is laughable. The signet and regen procs in all attunements.

I agree to disagree.

Ouroboro Knight’s [OK]

Full cele for my ele?

in WvW

Posted by: Terrahero.9358

Terrahero.9358

Celestial shines when its backed with high might. But that might is going to be a problem. This isn’t a game mode in a small map with 3 hotspots, you have to get around quite a bit. And having to also juggle or try to pre-empt your boons will cut down your ability to get around.
To add to that thieves and mesmers are pretty kitten popular in small scale fights, where your cele ele is suppose to shine. They tend to tear boons from you pretty effectively.

Two other very popular professions are guardians and warriors, guardians also tagging along in small groups for their support. Conditions harshly diminish the larger the fight gets due to the increasing presence (and effectiveness) of aoe condition removal.

I’ll be the last to tell you not to run a build you enjoy to play, even if its a bit gimmicky. But if effectiveness is on your mind a cele build as seen in pvp is not the best way to go on an ele in wvw.

Full cele for my ele?

in WvW

Posted by: Josh XT.6053

Josh XT.6053

I am running celestial armor and back item with zerker weapons and trinkets. I run d/d with that and it works well.

Asphyxia [XT] – Fort Aspenwood Roamer
Twitch Stream – AsphyxiaXT
My Builds at Asphyxia.tv/builds

Full cele for my ele?

in WvW

Posted by: Tiffany.8576

Tiffany.8576

In a 1v1 your zerker will get kitten d by any competent player. In a blob you can run even naked an survive.

Well, yeah. In general, people aren’t running staff for it’s 1v1 potential. :P

Tiff | [TW] Tempest Wolves | WvW Staff Tempest Guide
NA/EU sPvP Elementalist

Full cele for my ele?

in WvW

SobeSoul.6910

Now you are looking dumb. The build you posted and the one I posted have the same armor. If you need more than 2.6k armor now that is a l2p issue.

You know how easy is to remove the poison? Oh you dont even consider a burning skill that reapplies every second but you are considering poison on 9s cd? If you are talking about vs a class that wont clear condis then celestial is even more stronger than your build.

You are saying it’s an important to have 2k+ more hp on cele and then saying 2.6k armor is L2P?

That’s pretty silly considering in spvp the armor is 2.35k and 2.4k in wvw doesn’t account for the inflated power and condi stats in wvw.