Full servers against low-mid servers

in WvW

Posted by: niceboy.1068

niceboy.1068

I’m on a medium server and most of the times we have to play against 2 full servers.
I’m not really sure why anet keeps doing this , but going in WvW and getting farmed at the first waypoint in Eb or any other all day long it’s no fun at all.
All day long we have to fight with 70-100 players when we can get together 20-40(on our good days).
Probably this has been posted in the past , but it really has to stop.

Our server is losing more and more players because they just cba to go thru this anymore.

in WvW

Posted by: SykkoB.9465

SykkoB.9465

wut server r u from and wut servers r u facing? reason i ask is cause how do u know they r full servers ?? maybe they just have more then urs but less then others. This new system has been making some messed up matches tho.

SykkoB[Twl]
SOR

in WvW

Posted by: Charak.9761

Charak.9761

are, you, what, must be incredibly hard to spell.

in WvW

Posted by: SykkoB.9465

SykkoB.9465

srry i dont live up to ur standards of posting on the forums

SykkoB[Twl]
SOR

in WvW

Posted by: niceboy.1068

niceboy.1068

Maybe “full server” isn’t the right word.
Anyhow i play on Ruins of Surmia(medium server) vs Arborstone(high) vs Underworld (very high)

in WvW

Posted by: nirvana.8245

nirvana.8245

Roll a thief and bypass the 100 players and start flipping stuff in behind them. I am on Erredon Terrace atm and this is a standard for me. Ive been in this situation almost daily. A few times Ive managed to have every sentry and every camp on the map capped whilst we have about 5 players on the map vs as many as 100. This week has been a bit different though. Despite playing higher ranked servers than usual, it appears they are coasting and not as many are turning up so until recently we held our own in EB.

in WvW

Posted by: Dayra.7405

Dayra.7405

Maybe “full server” isn’t the right word.
Anyhow i play on Ruins of Surmia(medium server) vs Arborstone(high) vs Underworld (very high)

The simple answer is: These populations have NOTHING to do with how many people go into WvW. In fact they not even have anything to do with how many people play (PvE …) currently on this world, as these “population classes” also included anyone that ever registered a world as their home before they went inactive (and are now inactive since month).

PS: “High populated” probably means average population, and with 3-4mio GW2 sold distributed over 51 server average population is a total of around 70’000 registered players on this world over the last 10 month. 500 more or less do not make a big difference for this. But 500 make a hughe difference, if they are all currently active and play WvW.

Ceterum censeo SFR esse delendam!

(edited by Dayra.7405)

in WvW

Posted by: nissart.6195

nissart.6195

I am on AS and I have never seen our server with high population (furthermore 2 guilds have just left), so I don’t see how we could be high populated.

Anyway, as it has been said, the whole population doesn’t represent the WvW population, that’s probably the reason why you think we are more numerous.

By the way, regarding the score, it doesn’t seem that we have much more players.

Finally, to answer your question, you are 20th, playing vs 19th and 23rd. It explains why you are playing vs these servers.

[RCT] Officer – Arborstone

in WvW

Posted by: Bolero Bloodreign.9025

Bolero Bloodreign.9025

I’m on a medium server and most of the times we have to play against 2 full servers.
I’m not really sure why anet keeps doing this , but going in WvW and getting farmed at the first waypoint in Eb or any other all day long it’s no fun at all.
All day long we have to fight with 70-100 players when we can get together 20-40(on our good days).
Probably this has been posted in the past , but it really has to stop.

Our server is losing more and more players because they just cba to go thru this anymore.

You should take this as an opportunity for your server whenever it happens.

If you’re getting camped at your zone by 70-100 people from the other server, just tell everyone to goto the other BL and zerg their camps. More people on one BL means least on another.

You’ll only get farm if you stay there and fight back at the entrance waypoint. If there’s no one there for them to play with, they will leave.

If it was me there, I would tell 5 people to remove their armors and toy with them at the entrance waypoint and keep them busy long enough for the rest of us to capture their camps at another BL.

Whats In Your Cereal [NUTS] ~ Blackgate ~
Guardian: Sierra Everheart ~ Ranger: Tinker Bell Cuddles ~ Engineer: Destiny Reign