Funniest experience in large scale fights

in WvW

Posted by: Natronix.9827

Natronix.9827

Follollowing the previous “Your funniest experience as a solo roamer” I’d figured the same topic could be as constructive and entertaining but on for larger scale engagements.

Here’s mine:

Leading my zerg in an enemy BL map, about to hit NW tower, we realised we had been scouted and the enemy zerg was already waiting for us. We had around 15-20 and the opposing zerg consisted of about 40s. Knowing we are outmanned and very near there spawn, I make my team retreat north, pointless to excape since they are on our tail, I make my team jump off a clift where you land on a small edge, this fall takes about 80% of your hp. We saw the huge sea of red follow us and as they faceplant I already have my team focus firing the bottom, we killed about 30 of them.

Shortly after with nowhere to go, the remaining enemies build arrow carts up top, finishing us off.

Commander Nachonix

in WvW

Posted by: Moopy.7908

Moopy.7908

Best experience hands-down was last night during a battle defending SM. One of the walls was down and somewhere during the fight, we repaired the wall and about 8-10 enemy players were stuck inside. After dispatching their allies, we all proceeded to DPS the wall for loot!

Fun and laughs for all

Piken Square Commander
V I C E V E R S A

in WvW

Posted by: Epsilon Atreides.3816

Epsilon Atreides.3816

I was scouting our BL about 8 – 10 months ago, south of Bay, just outside of vale. Heading west to take a look in vale, I come up over the little hill near the south bay sentry and find 60 golems marching out of vale towards Bay. Slightly panicked, I put out a call in map chat which is followed by a half-dozen others calling out golems and for people to call in other maps and guildies.

People quickly start to arrive in the area to what we realize is not a golem rush, but 50 – 60 people in mini golem tonics.

A close second would be the mesmer map zerg an opposing server rolled on a theme night. Double-stonemist-scale lag in a camp fight.

Epsilon
Mag/FA

in WvW

Posted by: Hamster.4861

Hamster.4861

There was a time during season 1, and we decided to pull a whole queued map into the weaker enemy borderland to take their waypoint out of hills.

As it turned out, our opponent knew we were coming this time, and when we brought the gates of Hills down, we were met with 9 superior ballista, 12 superior arrow carts, 4 catapults and 2 trebuchets.

Never have I seen so many players insta-down. As it turns out 9 spreadshots to the face hurt A LOT.

I was laughing for a good 5 minutes.

in WvW

Posted by: Brando.1374

Brando.1374

Funniest experience in large scale fights for me is the Lag I get.
I just have a blast only being able to use 1 skill every 10s.

Xxkakarot [GF] Good Fights
Dark Wizard Incar [GF] Good Fights
http://www.twitch.tv/xxkakarot

in WvW

Posted by: ykyk.2740

ykyk.2740

Any fight where the groups are so big my skills cease to work.

It’s funny because there are so many people who insist on running in those numbers and they are sad.