Funny WvW Moments Topic

Funny WvW Moments Topic

in WvW

Posted by: Offair.2563

Offair.2563

Lets share our funny moments with the rest of the forum!
Ill kick off with some of the funny moments i had so far

1) Capped a camp and saw 3 thieves getting ready to backstab me, at the moment they popped i simply dodged and saw them all 3 being downed by the buffed Supervisor ( i still have to laugh when i think about it)

2) Underworlds Snowman zerg, yes a 60+ zerg roaming over the home border all being dressed as a snowman, enemy groups followed us laughing out loud

3) 10 flying omegas, altho itsa hack it was very funny to see 10 omegas flying over the hills keep

Feel free to throw in your funny moments!

Big Babou, Ranger for life.
Madness Rises [Rise] – Banners Hold.
Don’t argue with idiots, they pull you down their level and own you with experience.

Funny WvW Moments Topic

in WvW

Posted by: Spicyhash.7605

Spicyhash.7605

When the game first came out, I was playing a thief. It was back when heartseeker was even more ridiculous than it is now. Anyway, I was busy spamming away on some guy when he went towards the edge of a cliff near the northeast tower on a borderlands and stealthed mid heartseeker. I totally missed and went careening off the edge to my death. it was hilarious.

Now that I play my necro and use spectral grasp, there are always funny glitches with it. i was with a guild group and we were capping borderlands nw tower sentry facing towards nw tower, and a guy came running up to us. i spectral grasp’d him to knockdown and on the way, he hit a glitch or something in the map and went flying up into the air, died instantly.

CD

Funny WvW Moments Topic

in WvW

Posted by: Stand The Wall.6987

Stand The Wall.6987

That moment you see an enemy warrior using a longbow in a zerg.

Team Deathmatch for PvP – Raise the AoE cap for WvW – More unique events for PvE

Funny WvW Moments Topic

in WvW

Posted by: Cain.6507

Cain.6507

When I first started playing, it was on a Friday, left to run some errands and came back after 7pm well after WvW reset. I didn’t know that your colors changed. Keeping wondering why I couldn’t enter keeps and why our guards suddenly didn’t like me.

Pretty sure it was funny to the other guys watching an up level thief keep trying to run for their life into a keep that my server didn’t own. Yes I was that guy

Back before shadow shot became unblockable, I would use it to reverse pull guards and mesmers, and sometime even other thieves. A lot of fun in the jumping puzzles in WvW, and even better when used to pull a front line guard away from his support squad. And since it was spamable, and after learning the bug to it, I used it non stop on those poor guardians. Pretty sure I am the reason it got “nerfed” to be unblockable… Sorry about that.

Pliskade (Thief, retired, mostly)
Wombatanator (tiny Hammer Warior)
[worm] GoM

Funny WvW Moments Topic

in WvW

Posted by: Radian.2478

Radian.2478

I was soloing a supply camp and was in the capture circle when a Ranger walked in and saved it with one tick left. We were 1v1’ing and 6 or so seconds later he used a stealth skill and it gave me the cap and then he immediately died to the supervisor. Today I was capping a keep with a tiny group and a group of 4 came in to save it in the capture circle, which was also 95% full when one of the people in their group was a thief that put his whole team with shadow refuge, giving us the cap.

Funny WvW Moments Topic

in WvW

Posted by: Sorcha.4976

Sorcha.4976

Once upon a time, not so long ago, I (ranger) was busy capturing a ruin, when an ennemy thief came to contest the cap. He downed me in less than a min, then proceed to stab me to my death while I was on the floor.
In despair, I used the pet reviving skill. My health slowly resume to go up. The thief keep trying to kill me auto-attacking. While my pet was healing me, I just threw my little rocks at him, until finally he came down. My pet revived me properly then I walked to him and stomped him, just to show him how it works. I was telling the tale to my guildmates on vocal, quite a moment of fun. The fact that the thief never tried to stomp me shall stay a mystery.

Arborstone – [CCCP] Warrior Kelkahir

Funny WvW Moments Topic

in WvW

Posted by: Cupnoodle.5431

Cupnoodle.5431

The other night my guild and several others were going around and came across a blob taking an enemy tower and went in and wiped them and then we turn towards the gate and we see a lone ranger on the gate still ramming away. We let the guy continue ramming and /cheered him on and after the gate opened we killed him and capped the tower. Don’t know why he kept going lol

Necromancer – Cup Noodre
Ectoplasm Ltd. [GLOB] Maguuma
“Defeating a sandwich only makes it tastier.”

Funny WvW Moments Topic

in WvW

Posted by: zamalek.2154

zamalek.2154

That moment when you see a Warrior with 0 might stacks.

Auroraglade
Epistemic.8013: Guys this is bullkitten a sentient plant creature is hitting these
wooden doors with fireballs and it’s working

Funny WvW Moments Topic

in WvW

Posted by: Jebus.6942

Jebus.6942

I was solo roaming on my elementalist when I came across 4 enemies ramming the other enemy’s tower. They get the gate down and I decide to follow them inside. They proceed to kill the tower lord and are capping the tower. Right as they are about to finish the cap I run into the circle and pop my tornado elite. I manage to push the enemies out of the circle and finish the cap for myself. The buffed tower lord then proceeds to kill them off.

Sephanye [Lux] – Gandara

Funny WvW Moments Topic

in WvW

Posted by: Maskaganda.2043

Maskaganda.2043

An abbadon 15+ group spotted our 5 man, they started buffing might right next to a cliff. we had 2 necros, 10 guys got feared off to their deaths, loot bags pouring in. wiped the rest easily.

same day some really angry aurora glade kid joined the party and started talking trash, beting 50g he would defeat me in a duel. he didn’t.

Tchuu Tchuu I’m a Train – Gandara
engie roaming vids: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9NnXVfY4vRU1F-X7b1Oorw/videos

Funny WvW Moments Topic

in WvW

Posted by: pejot.4806

pejot.4806

35-40 man Augury Rock zerg broke into Gandara hills. Our 10 man group followed them into inner, not expecting to achieve much. When we were on the bridge, Augury finished capping, and their zerg poured out and rolled over us. 3 people made it out and went to north inner gate. AR, following karma train mentality rolled out of hills, couple of them left to deal with us. The remaining 3 of us proceeded to kill 7-8 AR, we ressed our mesmer, portalled in people that waypointed out in meantime and took keep

Anya of the Mists
[TaG] guild/raid leader
Gunnar’s Hold

Funny WvW Moments Topic

in WvW

Posted by: ViktorAlgeheri.9825

ViktorAlgeheri.9825

Surviving three backstabs, after being Basilisked Venomed three times in a row, and it not downing you. Happened to me on my thief.

Thief -Viktor Vince -

Funny WvW Moments Topic

in WvW

Posted by: Solstice.1097

Solstice.1097

Our guild went into EB and drank ruminent tonics turning us into dolyaks, deer, etc.

I stayed in my mesmer form, we left the keep and saw an enemy standing at umberglade by the supply pickup. We gathered behind a rock on my portal and I mass invis/blinked over to him and opened the portal, and he was bombed by 19 farm animals and killed.

And we learned that in animal form you can stomp downed players.

Funny WvW Moments Topic

in WvW

Posted by: Stand The Wall.6987

Stand The Wall.6987

Some one in our guild dropped a guild banquet and keg in an enemy garri a week ago. We proceeded to get “drunk” from interacting with the keg several times. The fact that it was knocking us down we thought was kinda funny.
Shortly afterwards we found our enemy. Charged straight at em. All of our skills were missing and everyone in ts was frothing at the mouth. Shortly afterwards we realized it was because of the “drunk” affect. Not so funny.

Team Deathmatch for PvP – Raise the AoE cap for WvW – More unique events for PvE

Funny WvW Moments Topic

in WvW

Posted by: Eggyokeo.9705

Eggyokeo.9705

i was soloing NW camp, as i finished killing a yak that had spawned as i was capping it a thief started attacking me using stealth a lot. The thief down me only having a little amount hp left. I was playing a ranger so the thief stealth stomped me so my pet couldn’t kd or kill him. but during the stomp channel the camp fliped and as soon as the thief came out of stealth the calmer down him and defeated him while a npc rezed me (i was defeated) so i pick up my bag and continued on my merry way

Funny WvW Moments Topic

in WvW

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

And we learned that in animal form you can stomp downed players.

:O Most valuable discovery of the thread yet!

Funny WvW Moments Topic

in WvW

Posted by: ukuni.8745

ukuni.8745

I had a group chasing me down so I ran towards a high cliff and activated a stealth as I was about to run off, instead I stoped at the very top and watch them run of the ledge killing them selfs because the thought I ran off

Still Winning And Grinning (Swag)
Ukune – Engineer of Maguuma
Check me out on YouTube

Funny WvW Moments Topic

in WvW

Posted by: Radian.2478

Radian.2478

We had a zerg of 40 sweeping EK and there was one enemy left on the bridge. Our whole zerg went to that bridge and our commander, who was a warrior, used a leap skill on the remaining enemy who jumped off the bridge at the same time that the leap skill was used. This caused our commander to leap off the ledge and die. 75% of the zerg also leaped off the bridge because the commander did it and they all also died since the fall damage was far greater than what a fall trait would reduce.

Funny WvW Moments Topic

in WvW

Posted by: dzeRnumbrd.6129

dzeRnumbrd.6129

Most funny stories involve players/zergs running into tower portals that they don’t own or have flipped just as they are about to enter it.

Then there was that time we made a mini zerg of thieves (about 12)..

Funny WvW Moments Topic

in WvW

Posted by: johnnymiller.5968

johnnymiller.5968

We had a zerg of 40 sweeping EK and there was one enemy left on the bridge. Our whole zerg went to that bridge and our commander, who was a warrior, used a leap skill on the remaining enemy who jumped off the bridge at the same time that the leap skill was used. This caused our commander to leap off the ledge and die. 75% of the zerg also leaped off the bridge because the commander did it and they all also died since the fall damage was far greater than what a fall trait would reduce.

Great story!
Often wondered if zergs & blobs would fellow their leader anywhere……

Funny WvW Moments Topic

in WvW

Posted by: Bear.7803

Bear.7803

That’s Great!

Just a couple of days ago I was in a group with a Commander that was having lag problems for some reason. He ended up running off of a high cliff like that and about half of the group followed. I got a pretty good chuckle out of it.
The things you see when you do not have Fraps up.

Funny WvW Moments Topic

in WvW

Posted by: Fasyx.9347

Fasyx.9347

That moment when you see a Warrior with 0 might stacks.

That moment when you see a warrior using hundred blades in a zerg.

Funny WvW Moments Topic

in WvW

Posted by: Omaris Mortuus Est.2738

Omaris Mortuus Est.2738

If this isnt funny I dont know what is :P

Macros, you can use them as long as they arent macros.
Remember to buy the officially endorsed GW2 Steel Series Keyboard, it supports macros!
WvW, we only care if it affects the servers we play on.

Funny WvW Moments Topic

in WvW

Posted by: ItsAdamParker.5192

ItsAdamParker.5192

Tbh I’m sure this has happened to plenty of ele’s if you’re a dumb kitten like me – I’m fighting someone, stomp them, then realize their zerg is coming for me, so naturally I’m gonna use Ride the Lightning to make a speedy getaway…except I don’t realize that I have an enemy in the zerg targeted, and I go flying right in the middle to my death. #blindbravery

Adam Parker
FA – On Wednesdays We Wear [PINK]
Xysynra (Ele), Syranyx (Necro)

Funny WvW Moments Topic

in WvW

Posted by: Quells.2498

Quells.2498

Using Scorpion Wire to pull people off cliffs. Trying to Heartseeker away with an enemy targeted. Using shortbow 5 to try and shadowstep away and somehow getting stuck inside a hill and then being called a hacker.

Leader of Contre [VS], just a bunch of zen adults
focus on Dungeons, Fractals and Raiding.

Funny WvW Moments Topic

in WvW

Posted by: ozmaniandevil.6805

ozmaniandevil.6805

My favorite, and most emberrasing moment… our group takes a tower. We run up to fight the guards and champ. I had the champ targeted and used a sword rush skill but he was killed right at that moment and i literally ran off the tower, face planted and died. The funniest part was a guildie saying “i saw that”. I’m sure everyone had a good laugh

Isle of Janthir – Knights of the Rose (KoR)

Funny WvW Moments Topic

in WvW

Posted by: Silent Shino.7239

Silent Shino.7239

my favourite is when a FSP zerg got wiped by toxic things in the ogre camp.

Shino: Guardian of the Glade
Aurora Glade EU [JUST] roamer
All is vain: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/pvp/gf-left-me-coz-of-ladderboard/first

Funny WvW Moments Topic

in WvW

Posted by: Dawntree.7246

Dawntree.7246

Last week we were doing a small guild raid (6 ppl) in Blacktide border. After capping the southern tower close to wp, we decided to give a shot at Hills, try to sneak it with catapults on the west side.
We built 3 and were already firing at walls, when we saw a 30 men zerg coming from North.
Knowing that we would face certain death, no matter what, our commander just said “kitten this, they don’t get any loot or xp” and after that shouting “Leeeeeeeeeeeeroyyyyyyyy Jenkins” he did a suicidal jump. Rest of guild mates did the same, I was there last, I turned, saw the zerg approaching and though “Ah, what the hell” and jumped to my death as well.
That would be already a funny moment, we were laughing together when all of a sudden a Blacktide come flying from the sky and crashed next to me.
At that point laughing was hysterical, we simply couldn’t stop.

(yes, I know, we could simply WP, but if we would have done it it wouldn’t be a funny moment )

Emanuel Dawntree – Nord Guardian of [TasH] – 9×80
Whiteside Ridge

Funny WvW Moments Topic

in WvW

Posted by: Solstice.1097

Solstice.1097

When our scouts called out “Huge zerg going through ruins” and everyone started scrambling to positions. A few minutes later we saw them on the horizon and it looked like a huge blob.

We got closer and it was just 12-15 or so minion necros.