Funny video about a broken class

in WvW

Posted by: XII.9401

XII.9401

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=FH1kzDQ_4nA

With this build a thief restealthes every 5-7 seconds. Count it in the video. That is from the thief perspective. From the opponents perspective it would be every 4-5 seconds given the culling. Its like fighting something you can’t see half the time.

Now imagine fighting a full group of those. Target assist gets dropped every few seconds. What do you do? Pick another target with full health? Spot waldo the thief to try and dps the target again?

Fighting a thief is like getting in the ring with an invisible boxer. He chooses when and how hard to hit you -weapon swapping guranteed crit sigils- and you take it. After that, he will keep going invisible every 4-5 seconds. The concept of the current thief stealth is simply as absurd as that. I doubt this was intentional by Anet.

The list with the broken mechanics of the thief is long:
-Over the top damage
-Break out of the fight and re-engage whenever they choose without penalty
-Teleport across the vast plains faster than anything in the GW2 universe
-Finish and revive people from stealth..I don’t think wow had the balls to introduce such a ridiculous concept so hats off to the person who came off with this while sober
-Restealth repeatedly losing the focus target marker on them -which is huge when being targeted by a group
-Semi-spam attacks while evading being hit (death blossom)

When you sit back and look at that list..it kinda sounds like hacking, to be honest.

We understand that the developers have A LOT on their table. However, some issues are glaring in their nature and -although they bring glee to a minorty of the customers- they do affect a significantly larger proportion of the customer base negatively.
A lot of the issues are easy to fix. Culling is a difficult problem? Sure..reduce the restealthing-why even restealth more than once within a minute??- untill the culling issue is fixed.

A lot of the customers when they log on they want to enjoy a fun and challenging game.
Having to deal with frustrating broken mechanics is annoying.
Having to deal with them repeatedly is frustrating.
Seeing nothing is done -in a timely fashion- to address these issues is disheartening.
When you reach disheartenment in a videogame, that is the point when customers move on. It is hard to convince friends to join the game when videos such as these are being used to troll on other games forums when deprecating the master piece that is GW2.

We have faith in you, Anet. I hope you don’t leave things to fester like certain game developers *cough*SWTOR*cough*, turn around and find a lot of the customers and fans have moved on.

in WvW

Posted by: Dual.8953

Dual.8953

XII? Have you ever considered actually learning how to fight Thieves, instead of spamming the forums with 3 copies of the same post bashing players who just want to play thier thieves and have fun?

Registered Altaholic
Part-time Kittenposter

in WvW

Posted by: Doomdesire.9365

Doomdesire.9365

So you want to up the revealed debuff to one minute? Do you realize how asinine that sounds? That’s more than enough to down a thief. I can’t believe people still have problems with backstab thieves. It’s so easily counterable it’s laughable for those who have still yet to figure it out. This is coming from someone who doesn’t use backstab.

Finishing and reviving in stealth is obvious. Don’t be fooled. Just because it’s invisible doesn’t make him invulnerable. If he goes stealth and the feet of a downed ally, guess what he’s doing? You could absolutely destroy him. See the health of a downed/defeated enemy slowly going up? Repeat the process. You make it sound so much more complicated as it is.

Hint: Immobilizations, blinds, daze, stuns, aoes, and most importantly, dodging CnD is a thief killer. CnD costs 5 initiative. If you see a P/D thief moving up close to melee range, he’s going to use CnD. Dodge, then boom, 5 ini down the drain. You can’t recover from that. CnD IS the main stealth skill of thieves. It’s a shame so many uninformed players have no clue about it.

in WvW

Posted by: Archonis.7249

Archonis.7249

XII? Have you ever considered actually learning how to fight Thieves, instead of spamming the forums with 3 copies of the same post bashing players who just want to play thier thieves and have fun?

What you mean L2P?! Why do that when you can cry about it till you nerf your opponent?

I swear all the crying comes from the same classes about thieves. It is mainly Warriors and Elementalists and occasionally Mesmers. You never really hear it from the other professions.

So tired of hearing all the crying. Been this way since beta, people don’t want to learn how to play and cry all night on the forums about thieves.

I have a Warrior and I do better stat wise than my main Thief. Warrior is soooo much easier to play in WvW and SPvP. You do a kitten ton of damage and have a lot of survivability to boot (even in a glass cannon build).

“Society is a madhouse, whose wardens are the police and the officials.”

in WvW

Posted by: Toble.2968

Toble.2968

Boo hoo.

_

Teal haired, Bifrost wearing, heal pooping, dot placing, noob.
| Epidemic
| Drenched

in WvW

Posted by: Rob.7624

Rob.7624

Boo hoo.

_

a Boo Boo?
Yogi.. is that you?

Yeh I should be asleep getting all rested for the morning.
But these post are so lolsauce.

My attachment says it all.
(Taken when we were green)

Attachments:

Commander Bird Song
Northern Shiverpeaks Night Crew
Os Guild

in WvW

Posted by: Aratoa.7398

Aratoa.7398

Why do you keep saying we in your post? You’re not representing anyone but yourself. It’s pretty amusing though, how you’re attempting to say that people will leave if thieves aren’t nerfed into oblivion when thieves being nerfed as badly as you want would almost assuredly send many, if not more people away because the class they enjoy is now useless.

Audun

(edited by Aratoa.7398)

in WvW

Posted by: Rob.7624

Rob.7624

Why do you keep saying we in your post? You’re not representing anyone but yourself. It’s pretty amusing though, how you’re attempting to say that people will leave if thieves aren’t nerfed into oblivion when thieves being nerfed as badly as you want would almost assuredly send many, if not more people away because the class they enjoy is now useless.

All I have to say is that thieves need lightly fixed.
They are a essentially useless nonzerg class and in my opinion don’t belong in WvW BUT I think that no class should be able to insta down a player after coming out of stealth, to which thieves most certainly can. I’m a lvl80 Guardian Bunker and two of them did that to me which is ridiculous. Arguably the most balanced and survivable class cannot last 2seconds against some thieves? Yes, that would be considered slightly OP.

Commander Bird Song
Northern Shiverpeaks Night Crew
Os Guild

in WvW

Posted by: Krakah.3582

Krakah.3582

Go to thief forums, learn how squishy they are,and how to counter, Win.

-KNT- BG

in WvW

Posted by: magicthighs.5372

magicthighs.5372

Oh look, it’s XII the glass cannon warrior complaining about thieves again. How novel.

Regina Dentata (Guardian)
Melenkurion Abathas (Thief)
Desolation (EU)

in WvW

Archonis.7249

Oh look, it’s XII the glass cannon warrior complaining about thieves again. How novel.

Yea, somebody needs to kick this soapbox that he gets on daily out from under him.

in WvW

Posted by: ryodanspider.4180

ryodanspider.4180

Wow, is amazing how open people are to discussion. Those that play thief are really hurt that people find the class completely over the top. Look in my opinion, theift is ridiculous, I have 3600 armor and still can be take from 17k hp to about 5k in two to three seconds. Best part is as soon as i put up a bit of a fight, he stealth and repeat the process or runs away. Stop acting like this class is alright, is not. At this point all we can do is wait till the 14th if some serious balance hasn’t been put in place then this game is clearly not for me. Nonetheless, I wish much success to this company and I do think the game is fun, just not pvp anymore. My two cents.

in WvW

Posted by: Tulisin.6945

Tulisin.6945

I have 3600 armor and still can be take from 17k hp to about 5k in two to three seconds.

This is not the realm of the thief. Thieves dominate in the 1-1.5 second kill range. Once you’re up to three seconds literally any glass cannon can burst 12K HP.

in WvW

Archonis.7249

Wow, is amazing how open people are to discussion. Those that play thief are really hurt that people find the class completely over the top. Look in my opinion, theift is ridiculous, I have 3600 armor and still can be take from 17k hp to about 5k in two to three seconds. Best part is as soon as i put up a bit of a fight, he stealth and repeat the process or runs away. Stop acting like this class is alright, is not. At this point all we can do is wait till the 14th if some serious balance hasn’t been put in place then this game is clearly not for me. Nonetheless, I wish much success to this company and I do think the game is fun, just not pvp anymore. My two cents.

Thieves are open to discussion, but not when someone like XII is trying to run a crusade to nerf the thief simply because he won’t L2P Warrior.

On my Warrior I have ZERO issues with killing thieves. I see a DD thief stealth. I move away. I see a PD thief stealth, I get my CC ready to burst him. I see a SP thief. I pop my stability and quickness and WTFPWN him before he even gets his PW off.

All these bad Warriors and Ele’s QQ because they have ZERO situational awareness and even less knowledge about their profession. Instead of learning how to deal with certain builds, they instead come to their forums and cry for nerfs.

I think PvP is great. There really isn’t a whole lot wrong with it, except for people that can’t take losing on and off.

Because a team has a thief, doesn’t mean that they auto-win.

in WvW

Posted by: Leogolas.6941

Leogolas.6941

I think “fear me” and then kill shot . Work nicely on thief.. Well most of the time. Hahaha ( most of the time it is a 1 shot down state situation.)

[TSA] The Stuffed Animals
~We Are Deadly When Required~

in WvW

Posted by: Quentin Fields.1295

Quentin Fields.1295

Thieves are open to discussion, but not when someone like XII is trying to run a crusade to nerf the thief simply because he won’t L2P Warrior.

On my Warrior I have ZERO issues with killing thieves. I see a DD thief stealth. I move away. I see a PD thief stealth, I get my CC ready to burst him. I see a SP thief. I pop my stability and quickness and WTFPWN him before he even gets his PW off.

All these bad Warriors and Ele’s QQ because they have ZERO situational awareness and even less knowledge about their profession. Instead of learning how to deal with certain builds, they instead come to their forums and cry for nerfs.

I think PvP is great. There really isn’t a whole lot wrong with it, except for people that can’t take losing on and off.

^ I can /sign on this.

in WvW

Posted by: LegoTechnic.5910

LegoTechnic.5910

If you can’t beat ‘em, then roll your own thief. You may still be unable to beat them, but it’s typically more fun to be part of the problem than the solution.

What’s that? I got the moral wrong? No, for this instance I believe I got it exactly right!

in WvW

Posted by: Columba.9730

Columba.9730

Fix the culling bugs before doing anything to thieves. If that cannot be fixed increase stealth cool downs.

only thieves know how to play, they chant “L2P” every time their god mode is challenged.

in WvW

Posted by: Doomdesire.9365

Doomdesire.9365

The one thing I don’t understand is how people can’t counter a backstab thief. That’s by far, one of the easiest builds to counter if you know how to do it.

Guardian’s Aegis should help with the initial burst, then use “2” GS, when he enters stealth, do the pull, add some burning, do yo thing.

Warriors should pack endure pain against backstab thief. Absorb attacks, knockdown(preferably with two handed hammer), kill. People don’t realize how squishy backstab thieves are. I run P/D and 5 stacks of bleed is enough to destroy a backstab thief in seconds. These guys are running a little under 11K HP pools and almost zero toughness, remember that…

in WvW

Posted by: jagans curse.4892

jagans curse.4892

I am sick and tired of people making it sound like thieves have an auto perma-stealth button. Its not that easy to maintain stealth AND you can’t attack and stay stealthed. This class is NOT BROKEN. Go get some better armor and learn to play the game.

Jagannath Vishnu Level 81 warrior [PiNK] -
Tarnished Coast.

in WvW

Posted by: Columba.9730

Columba.9730

I am sick and tired of people making it sound like thieves have an auto perma-stealth button. Its not that easy to maintain stealth AND you can’t attack and stay stealthed. This class is NOT BROKEN. Go get some better armor and learn to play the game.

With th culling bug, you can perma stealth, sorry. You are incorrect.

only thieves know how to play, they chant “L2P” every time their god mode is challenged.

in WvW

Posted by: Draygo.9473

Draygo.9473

I cant remember the last time a thief put me in a down state on my warrior.

Warriors have so many options to just shut down a thief… Or just ignore them.

Delarme
Apathy Inc [Ai]

in WvW

Posted by: Leogolas.6941

Leogolas.6941

Yea, high toughness and vitality warrior build plus “fear me” “endure pain” could easily make the glass cannon thief run away or die in the end. But I choose the path of GC build and thus for change of high burst , I tend to be killed by GC thief maybe 6/10 of the time in a 1vs1 situation.
Seriously though, culling issue must be resloved 1st b4 we talk about buff/nerf thieves.

[TSA] The Stuffed Animals
~We Are Deadly When Required~

in WvW

XII.9401

1.You move away from a D/D dagger? How many non thief players here think that moving away is that easy or that running away from a thief is the solution in this game?

2.Of course, you accuse anyone who points out the broken mechanics in detail as someone on a crusade..gee..sounds like someone plays a thief =D . Everyone needs to L2P except for the thief players -and you, of course when your not playing a thief-.

Try posting an intelligent reply so I can break it for you =). Anyone whoever played a mmorpg knows very well that fotm classes troll the forum regularly to post L2P replies in hoping of dissuading developers from imbalances. I’m afraid that the Anet devs are smarter than you think.

I just enjoy watching fotm players squirm before the impending balance patch. No worries..I’m sure your already working on your mesmer alt =).

in WvW

XII.9401

Yea, high toughness and vitality warrior build plus “fear me” “endure pain” could easily make the glass cannon thief run away or die in the end. But I choose the path of GC build and thus for change of high burst , I tend to be killed by GC thief maybe 6/10 of the time in a 1vs1 situation.
Seriously though, culling issue must be resloved 1st b4 we talk about buff/nerf thieves.

All the other classes should NOT be pigeonholed into certain builds to combat a single broken class. The game does not revolve around one class. Its guild wars not thief wars.

in WvW

XII.9401

It might be amusing to you that you can play a broken class and enjoy the game on the expense of other people. I’m sad you see things that way. We are asking for balancing not nerfing to the ground. Unlike certain players, I think the majority of GW2 players enjoy a fair challenge in the game.

Its been proven time and again that people who play fotm or OP classes simply move on to the next one. If you leave the game because your class was balanced after it was overpowered and broken by the opinion of the majority, maybe this game isn’t your cup of tea =).

Though amusing to the players of the thief class, losing non-thief players is not amusing to Anet.

in WvW

Posted by: Spaceman.1063

Spaceman.1063

Why do you keep saying we in your post? You’re not representing anyone but yourself.

I don’t know the original poster, I’m not in any way affiliated with him, and yet his post reads like a bible on everything what is wrong with the Thief class. This, by definition, makes him also represent me, and my own concerns (and also voices the concerns of few other people I personally know, that are constantly getting bitten by how horribly broken the Thief class is). This, incidentally, makes the word “we” perfectly in place in any part of his post.

So thanks for playing, and better luck next time.

It’s pretty amusing though, how you’re attempting to say that people will leave if thieves aren’t nerfed into oblivion when thieves being nerfed as badly as you want would almost assuredly send many, if not more people away because the class they enjoy is now useless.

Less trolls in a game I enjoy to play? Now that’s some very good news, thank you. I hope there are some actual nerfs in place this time, after the last series of jokes pretending to be thieves nerfs and fixes.

“However, as this discussion has no real goal except complaining about the thief,
I will now close it.” – Moderator

in WvW

Posted by: Tulisin.6945

Tulisin.6945

With th culling bug, you can perma stealth, sorry. You are incorrect.

Being culled is not the same as being stealthed, as much as you want to believe they’re the same thing. The only benefit they share is lack of a model on-screen.

in WvW

Posted by: Aratoa.7398

Aratoa.7398

XII, Spaceman, allow me to extend my most deep and humble apologizes to you. I am sorry that your inability to play your classes well enough to deal with a single class has lead you to such deep seated rage that you feel you must dehumanize an entire group for enjoying a play style that you simply find to overwhelming to deal with. I understand that sometimes, when you get frustrated you simply feel the need to vent. I may even feel that too if I was unable to deal with a single opponent, thankfully I was blessed with the ability to adapt and thus don’t face that problem when I am playing, but I have faith that you guys will eventually improve enough to not find other players so daunting based upon class selection. =)

Really though, everyone knows that bad players will always post on forums, pleading for nerfs because they simply can’t deal with their opponents and need intervention so that they can. I just hope that ANET knows better then to pander to the vocal minority. After all, I think that a majority of players enjoy a fair challenge and nerfing a single class into the ground based upon the few who cry the loudest would be silly. =3

They are a essentially useless nonzerg class and in my opinion don’t belong in WvW BUT I think that no class should be able to insta down a player after coming out of stealth, to which thieves most certainly can. I’m a lvl80 Guardian Bunker and two of them did that to me which is ridiculous. Arguably the most balanced and survivable class cannot last 2seconds against some thieves? Yes, that would be considered slightly OP.

How many thieves should you be able to take on? In a 2 on 1 you should be going down quickly, moreso if your opponent is playing as a glass cannon. The fact that you lose 2 on 1 isn’t indicative of anything beyond the fact that two people are often more deadly then one in this game.

Audun

(edited by Aratoa.7398)

in WvW

Posted by: Moderator.6837

Moderator.6837

Hello every one,

There is already a thread dedicated for the thief here : The thief and its gameplay – Your feedback

Therefore this one is now closed.

Thank you.